Solar weapon, adding Operative tag


Rules Questions


Bonjour à tous

Ma demande du jour concerne l'arme solaire du Solarien. Elle ne possède pas le tag agent. Alors que la frappe entropique du Vanguard elle la possède, en plus de faire des dégâts sur la constitution.

Je trouve dommage que le Solarian ne possède pas sa propre cohérence du coté de son arme. En vérité elle fonctionne comme une arme de corps à corps, et ce, peut importe sa forme.

Alors que l'arme du Vanguard progresse en effet et en dégâts alors que celle du Solarien ne fait que progresser en dégâts.

Je trouve personnellement le Vanguard bien plus efficace que le Solarien.

L'arme du Solarien est une arme faite d'énergie solaire et qui frappe sur la CAC. Alors que le Vanguard frappe sur la CAE.

L'arme du Vanguard possède le tag "Garde" et "Agent".
Il porte les armes lourdes, possède plus de point de vie. Et fini souvent avec bien plus de AC que le Solarian, car il n'a véritablement besoin que de deux stats (Dex et Con)

L'arme du Solarien ne fait que des dégâts.
Il porte des armures légère et possède moins de PV que le Vanguard. Et compte sur 4 Stats pour être bien. (Str, Dex, Con, Cha)

Ce n'est que mon avis, mais je pense que le Solarien aurait besoin d'un petit UP tout de même.

(Je parlerais plus tard du Mystique et de sa capacité à ne soigner que les HP alors qu'a partir d'un certain niveau les SP sont tellement haut qu'il devient presque inutile de soigner avec un groupe efficace)

__

Hello everyone, forgive my English, I'm French.

My request today is Solarian's solar weapon. It does not have the Operative tag. While the Vanguard's entropic hit she owns it, in addition to doing damage to the constitution.

I find it unfortunate that the Solarian does not have its own consistency on the side of his weapon. In truth, it works like a melee weapon, regardless of its form.

While the Vanguard's weapon progresses indeed and in damage while that of Solarian only progresses in damage.

I personally find the Vanguard much more effective than the Solarian.

The Solarian's weapon is a weapon made of solar energy that hits the KAC. While the Vanguard hits on the EAC.

The Vanguard weapon has the tag "Block" and "Operative".
He wears heavy weapons, has more life. And often finished with much more AC than the Solarian, because it really only needs two stats (Dex and Con)

The Solarian's weapon is only damaging.
He wears light armor and has less HP than the Vanguard. And count on 4 Stats to be good. (Str, Dex, Con, Cha)

This is just my opinion, but I think the Solarian would need a little UP anyway.

(I will talk later about Mystic and its ability to heal only HP, so that at a certain level the SP is so high that it becomes almost useless to heal with an effective group)


Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber

The big difference is that the Solarian class and the solarian's solar weapon deals a significant amount more damage than the Vanguard's entropic weapon does (once you consider the solarian's class features vs. the vanguard's, its about 20-40% higher damage for the solarian).

I don't think you'll break anything in your own game if you allow the solarian to manifest a weapon with the operative tag (though don't forget to make it add half level for specialization). It'll let your solarians be a bit more defensive at low levels in exchange for slightly lower damage.


Natsil wrote:

The Solarian's weapon is only damaging.

He wears light armor and has less HP than the Vanguard. And count on 4 Stats to be good. (Str, Dex, Con, Cha)

A lot of solarians with solar weapons grab the heavy armor proficiency feat, letting them mostly ignore dex.


If you wanted to decrease specialization damage to half level and reduce damage by one die size to have the weapon have the Operative quality that would probably be balanced.

My concern would be someone using it with Trick Attack if you didn't do those things.


Pathfinder Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Garretmander wrote:
Natsil wrote:

The Solarian's weapon is only damaging.

He wears light armor and has less HP than the Vanguard. And count on 4 Stats to be good. (Str, Dex, Con, Cha)
A lot of solarians with solar weapons grab the heavy armor proficiency feat, letting them mostly ignore dex.

Or multiclass to ignore Cha.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Claxon wrote:

If you wanted to decrease specialization damage to half level and reduce damage by one die size to have the weapon have the Operative quality that would probably be balanced.

My concern would be someone using it with Trick Attack if you didn't do those things.

I'd almost want it to be a solarian crystal-only fusion that reduces the die type of both the crystal and the weapon in addition to adding the operative quality.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dracomicron wrote:
Claxon wrote:

If you wanted to decrease specialization damage to half level and reduce damage by one die size to have the weapon have the Operative quality that would probably be balanced.

My concern would be someone using it with Trick Attack if you didn't do those things.

I'd almost want it to be a solarian crystal-only fusion that reduces the die type of both the crystal and the weapon in addition to adding the operative quality.

That sounds like a really great option actually.


Pathfinder Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Claxon wrote:
Dracomicron wrote:
Claxon wrote:

If you wanted to decrease specialization damage to half level and reduce damage by one die size to have the weapon have the Operative quality that would probably be balanced.

My concern would be someone using it with Trick Attack if you didn't do those things.

I'd almost want it to be a solarian crystal-only fusion that reduces the die type of both the crystal and the weapon in addition to adding the operative quality.
That sounds like a really great option actually.

Agreed. It seems like something that could be squeezed into any new book without too much fuss too.


It probably needs an arbitrary mechanical restriction that says you only get half weapon spec if used to Trick Attack, but other than that it'd be fine I think.


Operative weapon quality has half specialisation inherent in it. Making it explicit wouldnt hurt though.


My bad, I forgot that the Operative quality had that in it.

But yeah, it's probably good to include that as a reminder.


Don't forget

Entropic strike focus on EAC not KAC
Entropic strike have Operative AND Block
Entropic strike do Blunt or Corrosive dmg as you wish

So juste give Operative possibility to Solar weapon is balanced for me

and at the 6th level two capacitys have same damage.


Natsil wrote:
Entropic strike focus on EAC not KAC

Entropic strike does less damage, just like any weapon targeting EAC instead of KAC.

Natsil wrote:

Entropic strike have Operative AND Block

Entropic strike do Blunt or Corrosive dmg as you wish

Solarian weapons can get a variety of weapon special properties and damage types from solarian crystals.

It's been a while since I've read the playtest, but I don't believe the vanguard gets anything similar.

Plasma Sheathe can also change a solarian weapon's damage type to fire, with half level in bonus damage to boot in solar mode.

Community / Forums / Starfinder / Rules Questions / Solar weapon, adding Operative tag All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.