Samurai's P2 changes


Homebrew and House Rules

51 to 58 of 58 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

JerkyGunner wrote:

Samurai, really enjoying the changes you're making and have applied some to my own campaign.

Would it be possible to highlight your most recent additions to the document with every update? Perhaps have them in a different colour to make them easier to spot.

Well, I usually just announce the latest changes in a new post, and when there are enough changes, I update the version number. The current version is 1.51. I changed to 1.5 when the official errata came out, and added all official changes in green. Previously, I just had a list of the "known errata" (from designer videos or forum replies) listed at the end of the document.

If I just changed the latest change's text to red or something, people would probably ask "why is this line/section red?" And I don't know what is new since the last version they saw, only the latest changes I've made. And how would I color it if I removed something that was in the changes before? Ideally I would be able to create a change log so people could see what changed from one version to the next, but I have only kept partial track (I still have the last copy of the last of each major version change, such as 1.43, version 1.3, etc) and creating a full change log would be a big headache. I'll give it some thought though.


Quote:
Daze: When Heightened, the damage increases by the +1d6 and the Stun value also increases by +1.

You know that's ridiculous right?

Sovereign Court

Strill wrote:
Quote:
Daze: When Heightened, the damage increases by the +1d6 and the Stun value also increases by +1.
You know that's ridiculous right?

Why? First, the target has to Critically fail to even be stunned at all. Second, Stunned 1 just reduces his 3 actions down to 2 actions. The whole point of the cantrip is to stun the enemy, not do a bunch of damage, there are better choices if you want to do that. Third, Heightening it costs +2 spell levels. So by the time you are 6th level (casting it as a 3rd level cantrip), you can do 1d6+ stat damage and Stunned 2 on a crit fail. That is lose 2 actions on your next round. By the time you are casting 5th level spells, it's 2d6+stat damage and stunned 3 on a crit fail(lose all 3 actions for 1 round and then you are fine. Back in 1e, I believe that is similar to how Daze worked, lose your entire turn worth of actions. !e did include a note that after being Dazed the creature is immune to the spell for 1 minute afterwards. I can add a similar note to 2e so a caster can't keep a target stunned continuously.

Edit: added the change that for 1 minute after being stunned by this spell, any further saves against Daze are improved by 1 step (crit fail becomes a fail, fail becomes a success, etc)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Samurai wrote:

Well, I usually just announce the latest changes in a new post, and when there are enough changes, I update the version number. The current version is 1.51. I changed to 1.5 when the official errata came out, and added all official changes in green. Previously, I just had a list of the "known errata" (from designer videos or forum replies) listed at the end of the document.

If I just changed the latest change's text to red or something, people would probably ask "why is this line/section red?" And I don't know what is new since the last version they saw, only the latest changes I've made. And how would I color it if I removed something that was in the changes before? Ideally I would be able to create a change log so people could see what changed from one version to the next, but I have only kept partial track (I still have the last copy of the last of each major version change, such as 1.43, version 1.3, etc) and creating a full change log would be a big headache. I'll give it some thought though.

A changelog would be a good compromise, I think. Doesn't need to start from the beginning, even just starting one up from now might be helpful.

Sovereign Court

JerkyGunner wrote:


A changelog would be a good compromise, I think. Doesn't need to start from the beginning, even just starting one up from now might be helpful.

Ok, change log started today!


Samurai wrote:
Third, Heightening it costs +2 spell levels.

I see.

Sovereign Court

I've made 2 additional changes in the last day or so, so I've posted the newest version if you want to download it (a few changes aren't enough to increase the version number yet, so it still says 1.51, but the change log in the back shows the progress)

First, I made a note for all ancestries that merely belonging to it gives Access to it's uncommon weapons. If you are otherwise trained in that weapon group, you are trained with them. The only reason now to take the (Ancestry) Weapon Familiarity feat is to allow martial weapons to be treated as simple weapons and advanced weapons as martial, or to give training in a select group of martial weapons if your class doesn't give martial weapon training.

Second, I had given Bomber Alchemists the Powerful Alchemy feat at 1st level for free. I've now specified that this only applies to bombs, not poisons or any other alchemical creations. This was my intention all along.

Sovereign Court

Small update again today, Haste now provides 1 free action with only 1 restriction: You can't cast 2 full spells. You can cast 1 normal spell and 1 cantrip though if you want (making Haste actually useful for spellcasters now), and if you use it to strike, it does not apply any MAP penalty. So a hasted fighter could potetionally have up to 4 attacks at +0, +0, -5, -10. Or the 4th action could be to drink a potion, step, hide, etc.

51 to 58 of 58 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Second Edition / Homebrew and House Rules / Samurai's P2 changes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.