|The Rot Grub|
I don't have my Playtest book on me to actually compare the two, but I'm curious what the differences are. Do I effectively have two copies of the 2e core rulebook now? Are there just a few names that need to be changed? Or are there significant mechanical differences in the versions of the game?
Significant mechanical differences. Many changes, big and small. Here's just a few:
- No more Resonance. New systems to limit alchemists and magic items.
- More healing during exploration mode.
- Proficiency is Untrained 0, Trained L+2, Expert L+4, Master L+6, Legendary L+8. (No more adding Level if you're Untrained.)
- Death and Dying recovery checks are easier
- More class feats, more spells. Higher-level ancestry feats added
- 10th-level spells gained automatically
- No quality levels on items. Weapons and armor get their pluses purely from runes. The math, pricing and levels of magic items have been reworked.