Queries for The All-Seeing Orb


Pathfinder Second Edition General Discussion

501 to 550 of 892 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Data Lore wrote:
Blueskier wrote:

Does the Mount trait still exist? If so, what are the disadvantages in mounting a companion without it?

Is there anything to allow goblins to mount dogs/goblin dogs/wolves?

Thanks!

I don't have the book but I have 1 concern from the playtest I hope someone can answer...

** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
Sadly, they do not get the mount trait. That seems like a bit of an oversight though, so it might be a candidate for errata.

Regarding drawing two weapons at once, it's important to remember that combat lasts a few rounds longer in this edition than in PF1. In first edition, if your fighter couldn't get their weapons ready before the first round of combat, they might not get a chance to engage in combat at all. In PF2, though, the additional rounds of combat ensure that a turn of set up does not have such a steep opportunity cost.


Can you awesome fellas tell us how the titan instinct looks like in the final version? is it worthwhile ?


7 people marked this as a favorite.

Thoughts from The All-Seeing
Wew, this took a while. Here, in no particular order, are some as yet unmentioned things from the new book that stuck out.

Spoiler:

The Titan Instinct got a pretty big upgrade. For one, the condition imposed for wielding such a large weapon no longer applies a melee accuracy penalty. On top of that, the damage boosts that the instinct give are larger than any other instinct, and by a pretty wide margin. If you're already wielding a large weapon, the penalties imposed by the feats that let you grow larger are redundant, so you can super-size yourself with impunity.

While The Orb is still unsure about Sorcerer Bloodlines no longer giving any interesting static abilities, some of the bloodline powers are pretty powerful. The Aberrant Bloodline's "tentacular limbs" power is pretty impressive. While it gives you 10 feet of reach for the duration, it also lets you add an extra action to touch spells to increase your reach even further By 5th level, you'll be stretching your limbs 30 feet to deliver touch spells. Everyone on the battlefield will be deeply uncomfortable with it.

While the Fighter doesn't get much in the way of borderline-supernatural powers, the Rogue certainly does. At level 16 there's a feat that lets them walk on water or air. Glad to see some of the Ninja's more fun abilities made it into the new version of the Rogue.

Ranger's get a Hunter's Edge (a first level ability that tailors their Hunt Prey ability to a particular fighting style) called "Flurry". With it, against their prey, a Ranger's multi-attack penalty is only -3/-6. Even lower with an agile weapon. Combined with the Ranger's ability to declare a creature he's been tracking as his prey, a Ranger may be able walk into a boss fight ready to completely obliterate it.

Channel Energy is now just extra spell slots of your highest level in which you can only prepare heal or harm, as appropriate for you deity. There's a feat for followers of deities that give access to both kinds of energy that allow you to prepare either heal or harm in your bonus slots, but having to make the decision beforehand certainly reduces your versatility.

Lycanthropy, Lichdom, Vampirism, and similar conditions detailed in the bestiary are still explicitly mechanically compatible with PCs. Applying adjustments to make one of these creature is pretty easy on the fly, so it will be pretty easy to manage a campaign where a player gets bitten.

Scaling cantrips are pretty nice. Most look like they should keep pace (or maybe even exceed) the damage that a caster would be able to put out with their stock weapon proficiencies.

The feat that let a spellcaster grant their weapon an extra die of damage after casting a spell has been nerfed a bit. It now always grants a d6, rather than an extra weapon die. The type of damage depends on the school of the spell that was cast. Useful for taking advantage of weaknesses, The Orb supposes.

Having high strength lets a character completely reduce the speed penalty and ignore the check penalty of armor. Heavier armor requires higher strength.


Any skills and/or skill feats present an option for a PC to do magician stuff (like sleight of hand in PF1)?

Please and thank you.


Quote:
The feat that let a spellcaster grant their weapon an extra die of damage after casting a spell has been nerfed a bit. It now always grants a d6, rather than an extra weapon die. The type of damage depends on the school of the spell that was cast. Useful for taking advantage of weaknesses, The Orb supposes.

An extra dmage die instead of a d6 sounds like a buff, if you multiclass and get a weapon from d8-d12 its pretty good


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Seisho wrote:
Quote:
The feat that let a spellcaster grant their weapon an extra die of damage after casting a spell has been nerfed a bit. It now always grants a d6, rather than an extra weapon die. The type of damage depends on the school of the spell that was cast. Useful for taking advantage of weaknesses, The Orb supposes.
An extra dmage die instead of a d6 sounds like a buff, if you multiclass and get a weapon from d8-d12 its pretty good

It used to give an extra weapon die (and plus 1 to hit); now it only does 1d6 regardless of weapon die size. Ergo it’s a nerf


Xenocrat wrote:
Seisho wrote:
Quote:
The feat that let a spellcaster grant their weapon an extra die of damage after casting a spell has been nerfed a bit. It now always grants a d6, rather than an extra weapon die. The type of damage depends on the school of the spell that was cast. Useful for taking advantage of weaknesses, The Orb supposes.
An extra dmage die instead of a d6 sounds like a buff, if you multiclass and get a weapon from d8-d12 its pretty good
It used to give an extra weapon die (and plus 1 to hit); now it only does 1d6 regardless of weapon die size. Ergo it’s a nerf

Misread that, dang, yeah thats a nerf, but still a nice thing (especially if you have weapons with low base damage to boost)

I think it also nicely aligns if you are a spellcaster with rogue multiclass

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Rysky wrote:
RicoTheBold wrote:
Voss wrote:

Huh. Just common for humans annoys me. Given how insular some ethnicities are in Golarion, the idea that you could come out of your farm/village/nomadic band not knowing Shoanti or Hallit (for example) is just bizarre.

Especially since Common -is- Taldane, and a lot of Golarion countries are real world expies. Unless they devote character resources to it, the not!Egyptian monk, not!Romanian priest and not!French firebrand all only speak English. :(

Doesn't help characterization or authenticity at all.

I think it's a nod to how fundamentally broken it would be to have a character not speak Common as a baseline. This is something that would be perfectly fine to houserule if it bugs you, but it's not like it's hard to get more languages.
I feel like this was brought up and addressed in the playtest, it's possibly in the LOG where the actual ethnicities are.

I was half right, p.430 (the Age of Lost Omens chapter) has various human ethnicities and states they give access to their language. Regionals too.

Silver Crusade

Rysky wrote:
Rysky wrote:
RicoTheBold wrote:
Voss wrote:

Huh. Just common for humans annoys me. Given how insular some ethnicities are in Golarion, the idea that you could come out of your farm/village/nomadic band not knowing Shoanti or Hallit (for example) is just bizarre.

Especially since Common -is- Taldane, and a lot of Golarion countries are real world expies. Unless they devote character resources to it, the not!Egyptian monk, not!Romanian priest and not!French firebrand all only speak English. :(

Doesn't help characterization or authenticity at all.

I think it's a nod to how fundamentally broken it would be to have a character not speak Common as a baseline. This is something that would be perfectly fine to houserule if it bugs you, but it's not like it's hard to get more languages.
I feel like this was brought up and addressed in the playtest, it's possibly in the LOG where the actual ethnicities are.
I was half right, p.430 (the Age of Lost Omens chapter) has various human ethnicities and states they give access to their language. Regionals too.

That seems a moderately questionable place to put information required at character creation. But at least its there

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
pauljathome wrote:
Rysky wrote:
Rysky wrote:
RicoTheBold wrote:
Voss wrote:

Huh. Just common for humans annoys me. Given how insular some ethnicities are in Golarion, the idea that you could come out of your farm/village/nomadic band not knowing Shoanti or Hallit (for example) is just bizarre.

Especially since Common -is- Taldane, and a lot of Golarion countries are real world expies. Unless they devote character resources to it, the not!Egyptian monk, not!Romanian priest and not!French firebrand all only speak English. :(

Doesn't help characterization or authenticity at all.

I think it's a nod to how fundamentally broken it would be to have a character not speak Common as a baseline. This is something that would be perfectly fine to houserule if it bugs you, but it's not like it's hard to get more languages.
I feel like this was brought up and addressed in the playtest, it's possibly in the LOG where the actual ethnicities are.
I was half right, p.430 (the Age of Lost Omens chapter) has various human ethnicities and states they give access to their language. Regionals too.
That seems a moderately questionable place to put information required at character creation. But at least its there

Not so much when the alternative was shoving all the world specific info into the human section. The Age of Lost Omens chapter is the setting chapter.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Question: What kinds of cross spell tradition abilities exist? So far I'm aware of:

1. Impossible Polymath (Bard 18): Allows a Bard to add spells from other traditions to his spellbook and prepare one of them as his 1/day special preparation.

2. Crossblooded Evolution (Sorcerer 8): Add one off tradition spell to your repertoire that you can cast as if it was in your tradition, can be swapped as your spell swap at every level.

3. Greater Crossblooded Evolution (Sorcerer 18): As above, but now you know three spells from other traditions. They don't have to be from the same or different traditions, but they do have to be different levels.

4. Unified Theory (Skill 15): Allows someone with Legendary Arcana to do lots of skill stuff in Nature, Relgion, and Occultism with his Arcana.

Is there anything else? Any Cleric or Wizard options to use spells from other traditions?

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
pauljathome wrote:


That seems a moderately questionable place to put information required at character creation. But at least its there

Not so much when the alternative was shoving all the world specific info into the human section. The Age of Lost Omens chapter is the setting chapter.

I'd have expected a mention somewhere (probably in the section for humans) that humans get their ethnic language for free.

But this certainly isn't a huge thing. Most people would likely just assume that or just completely not notice that they don't speak their native language (I constantly see PFS characters from Tien that don't speak their native language :-))


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
pauljathome wrote:
Rysky wrote:
pauljathome wrote:


That seems a moderately questionable place to put information required at character creation. But at least its there

Not so much when the alternative was shoving all the world specific info into the human section. The Age of Lost Omens chapter is the setting chapter.

I'd have expected a mention somewhere (probably in the section for humans) that humans get their ethnic language for free.

But this certainly isn't a huge thing. Most people would likely just assume that or just completely not notice that they don't speak their native language (I constantly see PFS characters from Tien that don't speak their native language :-))

Sadly, humans do NOT speak their ethnic language for free, they merely gain access to it.

The good news, however, is that the fact that they gain access to it IS actually called out in the character creation chapter, and directs you to the appropriate section of the AoLO chapter.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Thats crazy to me. They should have their regional language for free.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

And not have Common depending on their Intelligence score/their choices?

If a GM and the group is okay with that then go for it, but the game goes with the assumption that everyone can speak with each other.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

One of the more fun interactions (imo, of course) in the playtest was being a gnome paladin (champion now), using an ancestral feat to get a animal buddy familiar, and then use said animal buddy to cast lay on hands on your party since technically LoH is a spell now.

Is badger on hands still a thing in PF2e?


What does Heroism look like now? Is it still the same type of bonus as Inspire Courage?


Can anyone detail more the familiars ability to grant it's master focus points?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:

And not have Common depending on their Intelligence score/their choices?

If a GM and the group is okay with that then go for it, but the game goes with the assumption that everyone can speak with each other.

Thats not what Im saying. I wouldn't have Dwarves or Elves choose between Common and thier ancestral tongues either.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Ventnor wrote:

One of the more fun interactions (imo, of course) in the playtest was being a gnome paladin (champion now), using an ancestral feat to get a animal buddy familiar, and then use said animal buddy to cast lay on hands on your party since technically LoH is a spell now.

Is badger on hands still a thing in PF2e?

Look's it.


FaerieLore wrote:
What does Heroism look like now? Is it still the same type of bonus as Inspire Courage?

I certainly hope so.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Data Lore wrote:
Rysky wrote:

And not have Common depending on their Intelligence score/their choices?

If a GM and the group is okay with that then go for it, but the game goes with the assumption that everyone can speak with each other.

Thats not what Im saying. I wouldn't have Dwarves or Elves choose between Common and thier ancestral tongues either.

Well there's only 1 Dwarven and Elven but 11 human ethnicities.

If you're setting the game somewhere where Taldane is not the Common language than I'd switch that.

As for why they didn't have go Common + Ethnicity + Int for human languages is because Common is a human ethnicity language (Taldane), so for people playing characters from the major areas of Avistan (Cheliax, Taldor, Andoran, Nirmanthas, Molthune, Galt, etc etc) they'd still not have an "ethnicity" language.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Edge93 wrote:
FaerieLore wrote:
What does Heroism look like now? Is it still the same type of bonus as Inspire Courage?
I certainly hope so.

Yep.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

If theres one place to focus more on roleplay than balance, you'd figure it be languages. They dont mechanically matter most of the time anyways.

They could have just given people from those regions a dialect or whatever. But, eh, just another thing to house rule, I guess.

Sorry to the OP for the aside.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

Playtest had a cool Cleric domain power to create a feast. I was wondering what that looks like now?

EDIT: Thanks! Not terribly surprising; I didn’t see them keeping the ability to just pray for more food every 10 minutes.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
QuidEst wrote:
Playtest had a cool Cleric domain power to create a feast. I was wondering what that looks like now?

Not seeing anything like that, sorry.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lordcirth wrote:
Kryzbyn wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
Kryzbyn wrote:

Dunno if anyone has asked this yet or not...

Do you only add CON bonus to HP at first level?

I'm not sighted, but this one was in a blog.

Quote:
Each time you gain a new level, there're a few things you're going to want to do first. First, you're going to increase your level by one and subtract 1,000 Experience Points (XP) for your XP total. ]Then you're going to increase your Hit Points by the amount determined by class and then add your Constitution modifier.
So your HP is going to be AncestryMod + Level*(ClassMod+ConMod).
Thanks. I’m reading the book and while I could see it for 1st level, the checklist says just add class hp.
Technically your class page says "X + Con HP". So that's correct, if misleading.

So, to get this straight, is you HP = ancestrymod +level multiplied by (classmod+conmod)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I don't suppose The Wild Hunt made it into bestiary did they? Ever since they appeared in b6, I've been curious about who or what the Horned King is... Maybe a new God or Eldest?


Pathfinder Lost Omens Subscriber
Joe Hex wrote:
I don't suppose The Wild Hunt made it into bestiary did they? Ever since they appeared in b6, I've been curious about who or what the Horned King is... Maybe a new God or Eldest?

Spoiler:
Doesn't look like it, judging by the Bestiary spreadsheet Malk_Content put up here

tqomins wrote:
Joe Hex wrote:
I don't suppose The Wild Hunt made it into bestiary did they? Ever since they appeared in b6, I've been curious about who or what the Horned King is... Maybe a new God or Eldest?
** spoiler omitted **

Thanks!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
QuidEst wrote:

Playtest had a cool Cleric domain power to create a feast. I was wondering what that looks like now?

EDIT: Thanks! Not terribly surprising; I didn’t see them keeping the ability to just pray for more food every 10 minutes.

Do you mean Enhance Victuals? It didn't make new food, it made any food tasty.


QuidEst wrote:

Playtest had a cool Cleric domain power to create a feast. I was wondering what that looks like now?

EDIT: Thanks! Not terribly surprising; I didn’t see them keeping the ability to just pray for more food every 10 minutes.

I don't remember seeing a domain power to that effect, but

Spoiler:
one food themed domain power that I like the flavor of is the first level domain power for the Indulgence domain is called Overstuff. It magically fills the target's mouth and digestive system with food, causing them to become sickened 1 on a failure or sickened 2 on a critical failure.


What Diabolic and Demonic bloodline do?

Scorching Ray is a spell?

What is the cutest monster in the Bestiary?

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Kyrone wrote:
What is the cutest monster in the Bestiary?

Kobold


Does bulk limit increase since the playtest? My bard is stuggling with the bulk of is base équipement a lot. 8 str, you can blâme me, but still, any hint on bulk?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
Kyrone wrote:
What is the cutest monster in the Bestiary?
Kobold

I bet the kobold pups are especially cute, with big clumsy paws, floppy ears and little wet noses...


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
Samdroid wrote:
QuidEst wrote:

Playtest had a cool Cleric domain power to create a feast. I was wondering what that looks like now?

EDIT: Thanks! Not terribly surprising; I didn’t see them keeping the ability to just pray for more food every 10 minutes.

I don't remember seeing a domain power to that effect, but

** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
Ah, that’s the domain. The old power was creating food, so I’m sad to see it go from utility to combat, even if that’s a pretty stylish way to go about it.
Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Aghost wrote:
Does bulk limit increase since the playtest? My bard is stuggling with the bulk of is base équipement a lot. 8 str, you can blâme me, but still, any hint on bulk?

Don't think so, it's 5+STR to 10+STR but a lot of items had their weights reworked to my understanding.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Kyrone wrote:
What is the cutest monster in the Bestiary?

This one!

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
LifelongNerd wrote:
Kyrone wrote:
What is the cutest monster in the Bestiary?
This one!

I wish that was in there, and the actual Owlbear art is cute and bear like.

Non-Sequitur, the Baby Bestiary 1 & 2 are awesome and packed with adorable art. They're also system neutral so will work fine with 2e.


Does the bard still have shield and shield block?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aghost wrote:
Does the bard still have shield and shield block?

Anyone can use a shield, but bards do not automatically get the shield block reaction. They can take the General Feat for it.


Pathfinder Adventure, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Quandary wrote:

re: Dragon Totem Barbarian MC'ing with Sorceror... That really gets to my discomfort with the Barbarian Totems, they just feel too much like Bloodrager even without MC'ing into Sorceror, there is no stretch in seeing them as extensions of Sorceror Bloodlines (like Bloodrager was). And ignoring them would be fine (for non-Bloodrager concepts) except that they effectively "took over" the social/psychological theme of Totems and Anathema, with Fury basically reduced to catch-all "no Anathema, general Feat access".

Constructively, I hope in the future they can create Totems that partake of Anathema and offer compelling unique mechanics, but which can avoid overtly flashy magical abilities. Basing off of humble animals (Horse, Turtler) or forces of nature (wind, volcanos, rivers) but in more allegorical way than direct supernatural mimicry. Absolutely avoiding any magical ability isn't even my desire, something like talking with spirits would make sense, because it doesn't demand imagining character as magical superhero like Bloodrager, it just engages with world that includes magic.

Anyhow, I can only pray for the Orb (and Sheep) to guide us.

This post really puzzled me. Have you seen the list of instincts and their effects yet? I would argue that several of them fit this bill.


lordcirth wrote:
Kryzbyn wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
Kryzbyn wrote:

Dunno if anyone has asked this yet or not...

Do you only add CON bonus to HP at first level?

I'm not sighted, but this one was in a blog.

Quote:
Each time you gain a new level, there're a few things you're going to want to do first. First, you're going to increase your level by one and subtract 1,000 Experience Points (XP) for your XP total. ]Then you're going to increase your Hit Points by the amount determined by class and then add your Constitution modifier.
So your HP is going to be AncestryMod + Level*(ClassMod+ConMod).
Thanks. I’m reading the book and while I could see it for 1st level, the checklist says just add class hp.
Technically your class page says "X + Con HP". So that's correct, if misleading.

Yeah I found it later. Thanks, though!


I've read it several times and have still no really good idea

Adventurers clothing or whatsitscalled

what is it exactly? Is it an Armor? Does it count as Armor? Has it special properties? In what colors is it availible?

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Explorer's Clothing is durable clothes, it uses your Unarmored Proficiency and can be etched with runes.


So, it is clothing upgradable with runes, dex limit +5 and no further special properties?

EDIT: How does it compare to armor? (What is the max armor value one get get from nonmagical armor (including dex))

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

You can sleep in it.


Last year I was an advocate of Fighters getting both legendary weapons and armour, did that happen?

And what is the top prof rank for each class by weapon and armour?

501 to 550 of 892 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Second Edition / General Discussion / Queries for The All-Seeing Orb All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.