Special Edition Arrived Today - Special Thanks


Pathfinder Second Edition General Discussion


13 people marked this as a favorite.

Thank you, Paizo, for getting me my core book early. I am leaving the country for three weeks Saturday, and now I get to bring it with me making 20 hours of flying bearable!

It's gorgeous.

Paizo Employee Designer

12 people marked this as a favorite.

You're welcome! I actually thought this thread might be about the special thanks page, since our playtesters are in the Special Thanks, alongside luminaries of the genre like Gary Gygax! To everyone in the community, you mean so much to us, and we couldn't have done it without you!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Can you share a photo of the spine design? it is the one thing that is stopping me from buying the deluxe edition currently. (I like books to look cohesive on my shelf)


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Here is the spine.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Beautiful. I have high hopes that PF2 will be the best TTRPG on the market and Paizo is without a doubt the best TTRPG company out there.

People like Mark and Jason and.all the others make such a product with so much love and care and I can't say how grateful I am for everything that is done.

I hope you enjoy your beautiful book. I'm getting the regular edition myself, but I'll love it just the same.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

While I did consider that special edition, I decided that it didn't make sense for me, personally, to pay extra to NOT get a cool picture of a dragon. (I really like dragons.)

But I'm excited for you! And jealous of course. Mine is still in Fife, WA with no projected ETA.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

People are posting pictures of their 2nd edition subscriptions arriving today. I thought it was all going to be released on August 1st at Gen Con...


Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Captain Morgan wrote:

While I did consider that special edition, I decided that it didn't make sense for me, personally, to pay extra to NOT get a cool picture of a dragon. (I really like dragons.)

But I'm excited for you! And jealous of course. Mine is still in Fife, WA with no projected ETA.

Same. And the last update was from Tuesday morning.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Hendelbolaf wrote:
People are posting pictures of their 2nd edition subscriptions arriving today. I thought it was all going to be released on August 1st at Gen Con...

It seems that with this many shipments, trying to tie all of them to arrive on the same date would be difficult. And they may have opted to get some of them arriving early rather than late.


What about the binding? What does a view from the top look like, if you don't mind?


LadyDeimos wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:

While I did consider that special edition, I decided that it didn't make sense for me, personally, to pay extra to NOT get a cool picture of a dragon. (I really like dragons.)

But I'm excited for you! And jealous of course. Mine is still in Fife, WA with no projected ETA.

Same. And the last update was from Tuesday morning.

I'm beginning to suspect that Fife may be where they are sending all the books to be held for a while so they can be released as close to August 1st as possible. Which would be a bummer, but would probably be the most fair solution to those who are picking it up at GenCon and such.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I got the GM Screen and Volume 1 of the AP yesterday. I had to cancel my preorders due to an unexpected expense. Stoked to have something to look at but wish I hadn't had to cancel my CRB.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Captain Morgan wrote:
LadyDeimos wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:

While I did consider that special edition, I decided that it didn't make sense for me, personally, to pay extra to NOT get a cool picture of a dragon. (I really like dragons.)

But I'm excited for you! And jealous of course. Mine is still in Fife, WA with no projected ETA.

Same. And the last update was from Tuesday morning.
I'm beginning to suspect that Fife may be where they are sending all the books to be held for a while so they can be released as close to August 1st as possible. Which would be a bummer, but would probably be the most fair solution to those who are picking it up at GenCon and such.

I picked mine up (standard edition) in Sumas WA today.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Mark Seifter wrote:
You're welcome! I actually thought this thread might be about the special thanks page, since our playtesters are in the Special Thanks, alongside luminaries of the genre like Gary Gygax! To everyone in the community, you mean so much to us, and we couldn't have done it without you!

If you get special thanks from Gary Gygax, you must be doing one hell of a job! <g>


2 people marked this as a favorite.

People getting books in the mail. I haven't even gotten my shipping notification yet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

The shipping will continue through to August. They can’t ship that many copies in just a few days.

Every time GenCon comes around there are some subscribers who end up getting their books after streetdate. (My worst ever result was my August shipment arriving after my September shipment - which sucked).

EDIT: sorry - I didn’t recognise your avatar. Clearly you don’t need an explanation. I’ll leave the comment, in case new subscribers in a similar boat stumble across it.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

thanks for your speed at sending it out , got mine last night and started my read :) might start my players on it tomorrow .
I am extated by the books and
was motivated to order some 2nd ed subscriptions this morning as well as the condition cards


2 people marked this as a favorite.

As happy as I am for you all I am also deeply envious since I have to wait for the pdf

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Second Edition / General Discussion / Special Edition Arrived Today - Special Thanks All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.