Can a player add a prostetic limb to add a flavor limb?


Starfinder Society


Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber

My son wants to play a shirren and were building his character. One of the things he wants to do as a xeno druid is to slowly become more cat like in his mannerisms. He asked about adding things like speed suspension to slowly alter his posterior storyline wise to move faster and more catlike as the suspension gets upgraded. then he was inquiring about buying a Tail. So in society, i dont see a tail as a thing. but im curious about purchasing a prostetic limb to create a tail. its not a functional tail. but a "simulated cat tail" with nothing but aestetic purposes. Is this doable under society rules. or is additional limbs for flavor not a thing under the RAW?

5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

You should probably be good with a completely flavor tail. Absolute worst case scenario, pay 5 credits it's a clip on.

Xenodruids shapeshifting might easily warrant that sort of thing.

At level 10 you can buy a tail... kinda overpriced for what it does but...prehensile tail (should be called balancing tail)


Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber
BigNorseWolf wrote:


You should probably be good with a completely flavor tail. Absolute worst case scenario, pay 5 credits it's a clip on.

Xenodruids shapeshifting might easily warrant that sort of thing.

At level 10 you can buy a tail... kinda overpriced for what it does but...prehensile tail (should be called balancing tail)

Awesome yay ill pay 5 credits for a athletics clothing that adds a +1 circumstance bonus to climbing at level 1 Armory Page 128. that tail is way over leveled for what it does.

5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

racs333 wrote:


Awesome yay ill pay 5 credits for a athletics clothing that adds a +1 circumstance bonus to climbing at level 1 Armory Page 128. that tail is way over leveled for what it does.

*chuckle* It's shorts and t shirt for the Pen Umbra Pumas extreme rock climbing league?


Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber
BigNorseWolf wrote:
racs333 wrote:


Awesome yay ill pay 5 credits for a athletics clothing that adds a +1 circumstance bonus to climbing at level 1 Armory Page 128. that tail is way over leveled for what it does.

*chuckle* It's shorts and t shirt for the Pen Umbra Pumas extreme rock climbing league?

Thats why you stack it with reconfigurable clothing. 5 sets of clothes. party, climbing, jumping, profession and a enviromental, all layered with additional environmental effects for under 300 credits. Is a good investment on any day. Ill be getting that for my son too, but my character already has a full set complete with a reboot signature.


I had some rather dubious looks when I claimed I had 2 extra obviously very prosthetic arms at paizo con.

They are at the moment meant to be almost comedic and clearly not real showing the characters desire to look "more bad ass" than they are.

Sczarni 5/5 ⦵⦵

Starfinder Charter Superscriber

When I read the title I thought this was going to be about prosthetic tongues...


Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber
Kingbrendarr wrote:

I had some rather dubious looks when I claimed I had 2 extra obviously very prosthetic arms at paizo con.

They are at the moment meant to be almost comedic and clearly not real showing the characters desire to look "more bad ass" than they are.

I can see that, his character shtick is that he as a xeno druid is obsessed with the idea of cats being the perfect species and is wanting to rebuild himself to resemble or retain as many catlike features as he can afford. i figure he will get the speed thing, and prosthetic limbs replacing his shirren arms with cat paws and similar cosmetic changes. the tail thing i think ill suggest to him to make it a 5cr party outfit costume, that he wears.

5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

Nefreet wrote:
When I read the title I thought this was going to be about prosthetic tongues...

would make sense on a sarcasean butterfly...

Community / Forums / Organized Play / Starfinder Society / Can a player add a prostetic limb to add a flavor limb? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.