Someone Living Near Paizo Has the PF2 Books and Is Answering Questions and Posting Photos


Pathfinder Second Edition General Discussion

301 to 350 of 554 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

9 people marked this as a favorite.

my quick impression

Fighter OMG - finally it's like someone said what would someone who does this profession need to survive. For the first time ever, the base fighter feels complete

Healer Clerics and warrior clerics will be happy, either playstyle is well supported

Monk is great.

The production values and art are amazing. A+ from me all around.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
jdripley wrote:

Yeah! I'm part of the "my order has shipped" club!

Same, but in my case it's going to GenCon. Starting to get antsy with the FOMO now for selecting Con pickup >_<


Steve Geddes wrote:
warpi9 wrote:
I got my copy a couple days ago. I live in Michigan and was wondering how the heck I got it so quick. They must be going out randomly. Also I did select priority mail.
The order they leave the warehouse is pseudorandom. Shipping times obviously depends on your chosen method.

you got to choose a method at checkout? i only got a single shipping option O.o

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
kinderschlager wrote:
Steve Geddes wrote:
warpi9 wrote:
I got my copy a couple days ago. I live in Michigan and was wondering how the heck I got it so quick. They must be going out randomly. Also I did select priority mail.
The order they leave the warehouse is pseudorandom. Shipping times obviously depends on your chosen method.
you got to choose a method at checkout? i only got a single shipping option O.o

I think it depended on the time frame of your order. I subbed to the Rulebooks and AP on they day the pre-orders started, and only got the one option. I added the Lost Omens and Accessories last week and was able to pick between the normal options. Interestingly, the Accessories order was with the cheapest shipping option, shipped a couple days after the books order, and both still got here on the same day.

NightTrace wrote:
jdripley wrote:

Yeah! I'm part of the "my order has shipped" club!

Same, but in my case it's going to GenCon. Starting to get antsy with the FOMO now for selecting Con pickup >_<

Just think of all the people you will be able to geek out with about them when you pick them up, though! That seems to me like worth waiting for.

Grand Lodge

Is someone able to tell me if the Superstitious Barbarian Totem (Instinct?)from the playtest made it into the final version? If so, did the Anathema change in any way?


Thewms wrote:
Is someone able to tell me if the Superstitious Barbarian Totem (Instinct?)from the playtest made it into the final version? If so, did the Anathema change in any way?

Someone on Reddit who has the book said that the Superstitious Instinct was cut, sadly. However, a follow up question regarding Witch Hunter and other similar Barbarian Feats went unanswered, so it could be that the anti-magic barbarian trope is still alive, just not as an Instinct. Can anyone with the book confirm one way or the other?


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

Thanks for the breakdown of the combat pad!

My initiative system is far simpler than all of that. I have a wooden GM screen, and I slot a dowel into the top of it. I have clothespins painted up in various colors, similar to the nameplates the combat pad has, and I write the names of PCs and I have numerical codes for monsters and NPCs and all of that.

All of the pins point in one direction to begin with, highest pin is highest in initiative and so on down the dowel. When your turn is up I flip your pin to point the other direction. At the end of the round they are all again pointing in a uniform direction, so next round they start getting flipped the other way. If you delay you get flipped only 90 degrees, not the full 180.

I like that my method puts the information out there for the players. I dislike when combat is slowed down because you catch somebody by surprise, and I also dislike always saying "Merisiel, your turn; Harsk, you're on deck." Call me lazy... I just want to say "Merisiel" and flip her pin and be done with it!

But I do think that the combat pad holds way more information than my system does, and I need to decide if that extra information outweighs what I value in my own system. I did pick up the Conditions Deck and my group hasn't had trouble with putting an unused die on a condition card to count down how many rounds the condition has left... we'll see how it pans out :)


Bardic Dave wrote:
Thewms wrote:
Is someone able to tell me if the Superstitious Barbarian Totem (Instinct?)from the playtest made it into the final version? If so, did the Anathema change in any way?
Someone on Reddit who has the book said that the Superstitious Instinct was cut, sadly. However, a follow up question regarding Witch Hunter and other similar Barbarian Feats went unanswered, so it could be that the anti-magic barbarian trope is still alive, just not as an Instinct. Can anyone with the book confirm one way or the other?

The Superstitious Instinct really wasn't a good choice for a core rulebook option to begin with. It has a very narrow and restrictive application.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Thewms wrote:
Is someone able to tell me if the Superstitious Barbarian Totem (Instinct?)from the playtest made it into the final version? If so, did the Anathema change in any way?

the instincts are

Fury
Dragon
Giant
spirit
animal


ikarinokami wrote:
Thewms wrote:
Is someone able to tell me if the Superstitious Barbarian Totem (Instinct?)from the playtest made it into the final version? If so, did the Anathema change in any way?

the instincts are

Fury
Dragon
Giant
spirit
animal

Did the Witch Hunter Barbarian Feat make it in (free of its association with the Superstition Instinct)? Or did any other similar Feats make it in?


Thebazilly wrote:
Bardic Dave wrote:
Thewms wrote:
Is someone able to tell me if the Superstitious Barbarian Totem (Instinct?)from the playtest made it into the final version? If so, did the Anathema change in any way?
Someone on Reddit who has the book said that the Superstitious Instinct was cut, sadly. However, a follow up question regarding Witch Hunter and other similar Barbarian Feats went unanswered, so it could be that the anti-magic barbarian trope is still alive, just not as an Instinct. Can anyone with the book confirm one way or the other?
The Superstitious Instinct really wasn't a good choice for a core rulebook option to begin with. It has a very narrow and restrictive application.

Agreed. 'I don't want to play well with others' is a terrible starting option for a team based game.

Plus the drawbacks far outweighed the advantages


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Bardic Dave wrote:
ikarinokami wrote:
Thewms wrote:
Is someone able to tell me if the Superstitious Barbarian Totem (Instinct?)from the playtest made it into the final version? If so, did the Anathema change in any way?

the instincts are

Fury
Dragon
Giant
spirit
animal

Did the Witch Hunter Barbarian Feat make it in (free of its association with the Superstition Instinct)? Or did any other similar Feats make it in?

it doesn't look like it. but there are definitely some cool ass barbarian powers.


ikarinokami wrote:
Bardic Dave wrote:
ikarinokami wrote:
Thewms wrote:
Is someone able to tell me if the Superstitious Barbarian Totem (Instinct?)from the playtest made it into the final version? If so, did the Anathema change in any way?

the instincts are

Fury
Dragon
Giant
spirit
animal

Did the Witch Hunter Barbarian Feat make it in (free of its association with the Superstition Instinct)? Or did any other similar Feats make it in?
it doesn't look like it. but there are definitely some cool ass barbarian powers.

Thanks for this! Barbarian Feats in the Playtest were already really cool; excited to see what else they've come with for the final game. What's your favourite Barbarian Feat that wasn't in the playtest?


Can anyone give a bit more detail to the elemental bloodline? Also is reincarnate in the book?


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
jdripley wrote:

Thanks for the breakdown of the combat pad!

My initiative system is far simpler than all of that. I have a wooden GM screen, and I slot a dowel into the top of it. I have clothespins painted up in various colors, similar to the nameplates the combat pad has, and I write the names of PCs and I have numerical codes for monsters and NPCs and all of that.

All of the pins point in one direction to begin with, highest pin is highest in initiative and so on down the dowel. When your turn is up I flip your pin to point the other direction. At the end of the round they are all again pointing in a uniform direction, so next round they start getting flipped the other way. If you delay you get flipped only 90 degrees, not the full 180.

I like that my method puts the information out there for the players. I dislike when combat is slowed down because you catch somebody by surprise, and I also dislike always saying "Merisiel, your turn; Harsk, you're on deck." Call me lazy... I just want to say "Merisiel" and flip her pin and be done with it!

But I do think that the combat pad holds way more information than my system does, and I need to decide if that extra information outweighs what I value in my own system. I did pick up the Conditions Deck and my group hasn't had trouble with putting an unused die on a condition card to count down how many rounds the condition has left... we'll see how it pans out :)

This is easily my new second favorite method for tracking initiative - awesome setup you've got.

My number one favorite remains popcorn initiative, but that's a houserule rather than just a tracking method, so I suppose it doesn't count. :)

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
ikarinokami wrote:
Bardic Dave wrote:
ikarinokami wrote:
Thewms wrote:
Is someone able to tell me if the Superstitious Barbarian Totem (Instinct?)from the playtest made it into the final version? If so, did the Anathema change in any way?

the instincts are

Fury
Dragon
Giant
spirit
animal

Did the Witch Hunter Barbarian Feat make it in (free of its association with the Superstition Instinct)? Or did any other similar Feats make it in?
it doesn't look like it. but there are definitely some cool ass barbarian powers.

That's too bad. I hope the anti-magic trope is explored some point in the future. It could be a neat universal archetype.


How is the Sorcerer looking overall? It's the class I thought needed the biggest upgrade from the playtest.

From what I've read they have signature spells and focus spells, neither of which sound like they're unique to the class. The only thing I've heard so far that sets them apart is the ability to regain focus without needing to do anything specific. That thematically fits great,but I don't see it as all that powerful or a worthy class-defining feature.

There's also the matter of spell lists not being equally powerful (at least in the playtest). The classes that cast non-arcane spells, have other class options to make up for this. How well has that been addressed?

Any info would be mightily appreciated and help sooth the churching, hellish wait for my books.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
MaxAstro wrote:
My number one favorite remains popcorn initiative...

Mmm, popcorn...

I don't think I'd ever get to go, I'd eat all of the popcorn!!

(JK, I know how that initiative style works.. I like it too, though my group trends towards analysis paralysis when using that method so I don't prefer it unless it's baked into the system ala Marvel Superheroes)


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Gaulin wrote:
Can anyone give a bit more detail to the elemental bloodline? Also is reincarnate in the book?

primal spell list

very good blaster type focus spells.

some people will quibble with the granted spells. but I think its that way, because your focus spell is blaster oriented. so they probably wanted to give you some diversity in the granted spells.


ikarinokami wrote:
Gaulin wrote:
Can anyone give a bit more detail to the elemental bloodline? Also is reincarnate in the book?

primal spell list

very good blaster type focus spells.

some people will quibble with the granted spells. but I think its that way, because your focus spell is blaster oriented. so they probably wanted to give you some diversity in the granted spells.

Hmm interesting. Maybe it'll itch my kineticist itch a little.


ikarinokami wrote:
Gaulin wrote:
Can anyone give a bit more detail to the elemental bloodline? Also is reincarnate in the book?

primal spell list

very good blaster type focus spells.

some people will quibble with the granted spells. but I think its that way, because your focus spell is blaster oriented. so they probably wanted to give you some diversity in the granted spells.

What is the bloodline magic of Imperial and Draconic sorcerer? I kinda curious specially with the first because of the Seoni short story.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kyrone wrote:
ikarinokami wrote:
Gaulin wrote:
Can anyone give a bit more detail to the elemental bloodline? Also is reincarnate in the book?

primal spell list

very good blaster type focus spells.

some people will quibble with the granted spells. but I think its that way, because your focus spell is blaster oriented. so they probably wanted to give you some diversity in the granted spells.

What is the bloodline magic of Imperial and Draconic sorcerer? I kinda curious specially with the first because of the Seoni short story.

both are arcane


Can anybody share how Fury Totem worked out for Barbarian?
While the cultural/psychological flavor of totems was right up my ally, the very overt and flashy magical direction was unfortunately not.

Also, about Sorceror Signature Spells, all I know so far is you get 1 per Spell Level.
Does "1 per Spell Level" mean you must designate one of each spell level, or is that just the total? (of any spell levels)
Are they still daily-swappable, or is it mostly fixed like spells known are?


Xenocrat wrote:

Interesting, I learned that Summon Entity is Aberrations.

Summon spells and their spell lists:

Animal: Arcane, primal
Celestial: Divine
Construct: Arcane
Dragon: Arcane
Elemental: Arcane, Primal
Entity: Occult
Fey: Occult, Primal
Fiend: Divine
Giant: Primal
Plant/Fungus: Primal

Arcane: 4 spells (2 exclusive)
Primal: 5 spells (2 exclusive)
Divine: 2 spells (but exclusive and no doubt SLA loaded)
Occult: 2 spells (one exclusive)

Huh. So no wizards summoning demons or devils, then. Unless one of the benefits of the Conjurer specialization is an expanded summoning repertoire.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
ikarinokami wrote:
it doesn't look like it. but there are definitely some cool ass barbarian powers.

Mandatory reference.

Liberty's Edge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Staffan Johansson wrote:
Huh. So no wizards summoning demons or devils, then. Unless one of the benefits of the Conjurer specialization is an expanded summoning repertoire.

If they stuck with the playtest this isn't quite true. Planar Binding and Planar Ally are Rituals, so a Wizard can still summon a Glabrezu and bargain for power or things like that, he's just not gonna be summoning them mid-combat.


Deadmanwalking wrote:
Staffan Johansson wrote:
Huh. So no wizards summoning demons or devils, then. Unless one of the benefits of the Conjurer specialization is an expanded summoning repertoire.
If they stuck with the playtest this isn't quite true. Planar Binding and Planar Ally are Rituals, so a Wizard can still summon a Glabrezu and bargain for power or things like that, he's just not gonna be summoning them mid-combat.

the wizard could use wish, specialist wizard summoners can make their summons have bonuses.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Quandary wrote:

Can anybody share how Fury Totem worked out for Barbarian?

While the cultural/psychological flavor of totems was right up my ally, the very overt and flashy magical direction was unfortunately not.

Also, about Sorceror Signature Spells, all I know so far is you get 1 per Spell Level.
Does "1 per Spell Level" mean you must designate one of each spell level, or is that just the total? (of any spell levels)
Are they still daily-swappable, or is it mostly fixed like spells known are?

I think you will be happy with the fury instinct and with how signature spells work.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I'm surprised no one has asked yet, so I will. What, if any, Backgrounds, Feats, Spells, Monsters, and other goodies are available in the 1st issue of the 2nd edition AP 145, Age of Ashes? We were previously teased that the APs would have Backgrounds and new feats you could only gain through playing the APs, which is why I ask.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Ashanderai wrote:
I'm surprised no one has asked yet, so I will. What, if any, Backgrounds, Feats, Spells, Monsters, and other goodies are available in the 1st issue of the 2nd edition AP 145, Age of Ashes? We were previously teased that the APs would have Backgrounds and new feats you could only gain through playing the APs, which is why I ask.

If anyone answers this question, maybe put the answer in spoiler tags? Some people may want that to be a surprise.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
MaxAstro wrote:
Ashanderai wrote:
I'm surprised no one has asked yet, so I will. What, if any, Backgrounds, Feats, Spells, Monsters, and other goodies are available in the 1st issue of the 2nd edition AP 145, Age of Ashes? We were previously teased that the APs would have Backgrounds and new feats you could only gain through playing the APs, which is why I ask.
If anyone answers this question, maybe put the answer in spoiler tags? Some people may want that to be a surprise.

Good point. I forgot about that, though the Backgrounds should not have to be in spoiler tags since they are gained when you first create your character for that AP.


Ashanderai wrote:
I'm surprised no one has asked yet, so I will. What, if any, Backgrounds, Feats, Spells, Monsters, and other goodies are available in the 1st issue of the 2nd edition AP 145, Age of Ashes? We were previously teased that the APs would have Backgrounds and new feats you could only gain through playing the APs, which is why I ask.

This is a good point. I am not interested in specifics but:

- are there any campaign backgrounds for the AP
- are they exactly the same format as normal ones (2 bonuses, skill feat, skill training and lore training)

I ask because campaign traits were often better in 1E than normal ones. I fully expect that not to be the case this time round


On elemental bloodline / primal spells - is there any way to play a water power focused caster? Or would their powers be based off of ice like the old elemental bloodline ?

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

Ashanderai wrote:
I'm surprised no one has asked yet, so I will. What, if any, Backgrounds, Feats, Spells, Monsters, and other goodies are available in the 1st issue of the 2nd edition AP 145, Age of Ashes? We were previously teased that the APs would have Backgrounds and new feats you could only gain through playing the APs, which is why I ask.

I'm not answering most of this, but there are no backgrounds in the AP. There's going to be a Player's Guide, where things like that will appear.

For monsters, I'll just say that there are 9 of them, and that they range from level 1-6.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Is there going to be a Player's Guide? I thought Paizo had said they weren't doing one for the first AP.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
MaxAstro wrote:
Is there going to be a Player's Guide? I thought Paizo had said they weren't doing one for the first AP.

I thought I heard that they were going to put out a Player's Guide by the end of this month. It was only for Starfinder that they skipped the initial player's guide.


Lanathar wrote:
On elemental bloodline / primal spells - is there any way to play a water power focused caster? Or would their powers be based off of ice like the old elemental bloodline ?

I remember on the Glass Cannon podcast, the Sorcerer cast hydrologic push (or something like that) that was suppose to have a cool effect, but the critter rolled a crit success on it's save.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lanathar wrote:
On elemental bloodline / primal spells - is there any way to play a water power focused caster? Or would their powers be based off of ice like the old elemental bloodline ?

Water is specially the damage type not ice now.


ikarinokami wrote:
Lanathar wrote:
On elemental bloodline / primal spells - is there any way to play a water power focused caster? Or would their powers be based off of ice like the old elemental bloodline ?
Water is specially the damage type not ice now.

Am I understanding you correctly that water is its own damage type now? Interesting!

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Ashanderai wrote:
I'm surprised no one has asked yet, so I will. What, if any, Backgrounds, Feats, Spells, Monsters, and other goodies are available in the 1st issue of the 2nd edition AP 145, Age of Ashes? We were previously teased that the APs would have Backgrounds and new feats you could only gain through playing the APs, which is why I ask.

The APs now have a dedicated Toolbox section, with info to help GMs run the adventure (monsters, backgrounds, treasure, etc). This is kinda like what's been in most of the more recent FP1e APs, but it's more organized. The first one has some treasures the PCs may end up with, but nothing specifically for the players as far as game mechanics.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Bardic Dave wrote:
ikarinokami wrote:
Lanathar wrote:
On elemental bloodline / primal spells - is there any way to play a water power focused caster? Or would their powers be based off of ice like the old elemental bloodline ?
Water is specially the damage type not ice now.
Am I understanding you correctly that water is its own damage type now? Interesting!

it is called the elemental plane of water afterall

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.
MaxAstro wrote:
Is there going to be a Player's Guide? I thought Paizo had said they weren't doing one for the first AP.

The AP says there'll be a Player's Guide. So did James Jacobs in a few places, including the Age of Ashes subforum in a thread asking about it.

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs42md7?Players-Guide


1 person marked this as a favorite.
MaxAstro wrote:
Is there going to be a Player's Guide? I thought Paizo had said they weren't doing one for the first AP.

Not sure where you heard that. James Jacobs confirmed some time ago that there will be one.


Could we get some insight into how the Intimidate skill uses and feats differ from the playtest? I assume there's been some nerfing since it could be a pretty insane combat skill but I'm interested in how much.


I read somewhere you can choose between the 4 elements with elemental bloodline, but only fire deals fire damage. The others deal bludgeoning.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gaulin wrote:
I read somewhere you can choose between the 4 elements with elemental bloodline, but only fire deals fire damage. The others deal bludgeoning.

that is correct. so for water. your damage type is water and it deals bludgeoning damage

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Bardic Dave wrote:
Gaulin wrote:
I read somewhere you can choose between the 4 elements with elemental bloodline, but only fire deals fire damage. The others deal bludgeoning.
Someone who actually has the book says otherwise (see above). They've confirmed that "water" is its own damage type now, and that it's directly associated with the Elemental Bloodline. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that "air" and "earth" might also be their own damage types too now.

I haven't seen any sign of 'water' damage. I just looked, and the elemental X focus spells for the elemental bloodline deal bludgeoning or fire damage.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gaulin wrote:
I read somewhere you can choose between the 4 elements with elemental bloodline, but only fire deals fire damage. The others deal bludgeoning.

Which would make it closer to what the Kineticist currently does. And with scaling cantrips you have to wonder what the design space is for Kineticist

I am not doubting they will return as the were created by one of the main developers

I don’t think you can power up the base cantrip as it already sounds like it scales in a similar manner to 1E kinetic blast. So it becomes as case of swapping spells for ways of boosting the cantrip blast or alternating it?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cydeth wrote:
Bardic Dave wrote:
Gaulin wrote:
I read somewhere you can choose between the 4 elements with elemental bloodline, but only fire deals fire damage. The others deal bludgeoning.
Someone who actually has the book says otherwise (see above). They've confirmed that "water" is its own damage type now, and that it's directly associated with the Elemental Bloodline. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that "air" and "earth" might also be their own damage types too now.
I haven't seen any sign of 'water' damage. I just looked, and the elemental X focus spells for the elemental bloodline deal bludgeoning or fire damage.

Yup, reading comprehension error on my part!

EDIT: my confusion stemmed from the fact that the bloodline adds the "water" trait to a spell if you change it into a water spell.

301 to 350 of 554 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Second Edition / General Discussion / Someone Living Near Paizo Has the PF2 Books and Is Answering Questions and Posting Photos All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.