Forum layout


Pathfinder Second Edition General Discussion


When PF2 hits, is this board going to be split up into categories like the other ones? i.e. General Discussion, Rules Questions, Adv Paths, etc etc

Just wondering is all.


12 people marked this as a favorite.

When PF2 hits, first this board will be split up into camps of people excited and loving it versus people who loathe it so badly they vocally refuse to try it but still for some reason continue to post.

Eventually, that will die down, and the board will be taken over by PFS munchkins and their opinions on maximal builds.

Ha hahaha ha.. ha... oh... that made me a little bit sad.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
The DM of wrote:

When PF2 hits, first this board will be split up into camps of people excited and loving it versus people who loathe it so badly they vocally refuse to try it but still for some reason continue to post.

Eventually, that will die down, and the board will be taken over by PFS munchkins and their opinions on maximal builds.

Ha hahaha ha.. ha... oh... that made me a little bit sad.

QF the effing T.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

...Now that that's been said I have some determination to suplex (if necessary) part of the forums of into a section for discussing more interesting anecdotal stories and stuff. >_>

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I eagerly await Stormwind fallacy PF2-style as well as Cleric falls / CG Champion falls threads


Cleric falls and CG champion falls? Isn’t cleric just breaching the anathema ? Or is that not what anathema is?

On champions - I did not realise each alignment is getting its own reaction with retributive strike being for paladin (I assume)

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lanathar wrote:
Cleric falls and CG champion falls? Isn’t cleric just breaching the anathema ? Or is that not what anathema is?

No, that's correct. Of course, the anathema are open to interpretation.

Lanathar wrote:
On champions - I did not realise each alignment is getting its own reaction with retributive strike being for paladin (I assume)

This is correct. All look pretty interesting to me, at least.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I just hope Paizo hasn't fully clarified the unarmed combat rules as they apply to conflicts with certain demonic entities

It would be a shame if there was no reason to recreate that thread in 2e. :P


1 person marked this as a favorite.

This talk reminds me of something dumb from the Playtest forums.

So Paizo very clearly made sure that no weapons do "2dx" damage at base, changing things like 2d6 Greatsword to 1d12. This seems like it was largely in part to avoid confusion on Potency runes adding "one die" per +, and to avoid a PF2 very of those dumb Vital Strike arguments.

So naturally someone on the PT forums grabbed on to THE ONE CASE in the PT that could spark this again (Dragon Claws, with their 1d4 slashing and 1d4 elemental) and started an argument on it, being all kinds of sure that each + should add both a slashing d4 and an elemental d4.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Old is new is old again :-D


Deadmanwalking wrote:
Lanathar wrote:
Cleric falls and CG champion falls? Isn’t cleric just breaching the anathema ? Or is that not what anathema is?

No, that's correct. Of course, the anathema are open to interpretation.

Lanathar wrote:
On champions - I did not realise each alignment is getting its own reaction with retributive strike being for paladin (I assume)
This is correct. All look pretty interesting to me, at least.

I guess it depends on whether anathema are considered checks on power or thematic aids . I always go the feeling that the paladin code was the “price” that had to be paid for charisma to saves and immunities etc. Doesn’t really explain 3.5 but in pathfinder objectively the toolkit for paladin is very strong if you want those kinds of abilities - you just don’t get flexibility and are often fear starved

If anathema is supposed to be a “policing” mechanism then it will be scope for arguments. But that seems contrary to the overall design philosophy meaning arguments seem like they would only come from over zealous GMs (speaking as a seemingly forever GM)

*

Have the other reactions leaked out ? Or do you know them from a convention ? I don’t recall what the NG champion in oblivion oath has done. And I don’t recall a reaction used in the GCP playthrough with CG but I could easily have missed it


Lanathar wrote:
Deadmanwalking wrote:
Lanathar wrote:
Cleric falls and CG champion falls? Isn’t cleric just breaching the anathema ? Or is that not what anathema is?

No, that's correct. Of course, the anathema are open to interpretation.

Lanathar wrote:
On champions - I did not realise each alignment is getting its own reaction with retributive strike being for paladin (I assume)
This is correct. All look pretty interesting to me, at least.

I guess it depends on whether anathema are considered checks on power or thematic aids . I always go the feeling that the paladin code was the “price” that had to be paid for charisma to saves and immunities etc. Doesn’t really explain 3.5 but in pathfinder objectively the toolkit for paladin is very strong if you want those kinds of abilities - you just don’t get flexibility and are often fear starved

If anathema is supposed to be a “policing” mechanism then it will be scope for arguments. But that seems contrary to the overall design philosophy meaning arguments seem like they would only come from over zealous GMs (speaking as a seemingly forever GM)

*

Have the other reactions leaked out ? Or do you know them from a convention ? I don’t recall what the NG champion in oblivion oath has done. And I don’t recall a reaction used in the GCP playthrough with CG but I could easily have missed it

One of the Playtest updates gave us the 3 good Champion causes and their unique reactions. They've probably changed a little for final version but we know their initial versions at least.

Each was triggered by an ally in range being hit, all provided Resistance to the attack equal to 2+ level, and each cause had a specific added effect.

CG, IIRC, allowed the attacked ally to escape and step away if the attack was grab or otherwise restraining-based.

NG forced the attacking for to either nullify their attack or suffer a notable debuff, basucally the same as the one shown in #MyPathfinderSpoiler.

LG gets a free smack if the attacking foe is in reach, and I believe there is a level 1 Champion feat allowing you to move a bit to land that hit or even use a ranged weapon.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Second Edition / General Discussion / Forum layout All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.