Arcane Mark Episodes


Third-Party Broadcasts

1 to 50 of 125 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

8 people marked this as a favorite.

All right, gonna start with the Luis Loza episode.

The Living Monolith archetype will lean into the tough rock guy thing. One example is an option to only have your dying condition increase on a CRITICAL failure on a dying roll. Seems to make it nearly impossible to die without enemy's focusing fire on your unconscious body.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I guess it is time to spam the DOOMED condition then. I think that Lichs that have it...

Or the wounded condition that you get after getting healed from dying, I just don't know if it reaches wounded 4 you automatically dies by reaching 0HP.

But anyways, the archetype sounds cool, putting it on a squishy characters looks solid.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Captain Morgan wrote:

All right, gonna start with the Luis Loza episode.

The Living Monolith archetype will lean into the tough rock guy thing. One example is an option to only have your dying condition increase on a CRITICAL failure on a dying roll. Seems to make it nearly impossible to die without enemy's focusing fire on your unconscious body.

Wish we had that now. I have a player where we're using a combination of Homebrew and flavor to make basically a Stone Giant Fighter (Dwarf ancestry feats help lol). I'll bet he'd like this too.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Edge93 wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:

All right, gonna start with the Luis Loza episode.

The Living Monolith archetype will lean into the tough rock guy thing. One example is an option to only have your dying condition increase on a CRITICAL failure on a dying roll. Seems to make it nearly impossible to die without enemy's focusing fire on your unconscious body.

Wish we had that now. I have a player where we're using a combination of Homebrew and flavor to make basically a Stone Giant Fighter (Dwarf ancestry feats help lol). I'll bet he'd like this too.

I've got an Oread in one of my converted games, so I too wish I had it.

The World Guide talk was fairly low on mechanics, but the character guide sounds more promising. Evidently it will be much more mechanics heavy than the 80% Lore Inner Sea Races book was. Sounds like about 50/50. Each core ancestry will get new feats and heritages, and there will be new the new ancestries of course too. It was compared to books like Elves of Golarion or Halflings of Golarion in this regard.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Also sounds like they are going to work to make non-humans less mono-cultured, which is nice.


17 people marked this as a favorite.

ATTENTION: LADY BEARDS ARE FASHIONABLE IN UNDERGROUND DWARVEN CULTURE, as contrasted by surface dwarves where they aren't common. Pratchett fans rejoice!


8 people marked this as a favorite.

A little elaboration on gnome heritages: they can develop new magical abilities associated with the leylines of where they grew up. Like sorcerers, they are capable of tapping into any given magical tradition depending on which font they grew up near. Different cultures/ethnicities have developed around these. It doesn't sound like this promises new mechanics beyond what we learned in Know Direction, though I don't see why there couldn't be some feats expanding on this heritage.

There's a human ancestry feat tied to Taldor called something like Keeping up Appearances. If you are subject to an emotion effect, you can make a deception check to make it seem like it didn't affect you. This would prevent a Willow Wisp from feeding on your fear or a Dread Striker Rogue from catching you flat-footed.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

LESHY TIME.

Luis's favorite bit: Gourd Leshy Heritage. They have hollow heads that can be used to store for storage, which is much easier to retrieve than from a backpack. Seems useful for smuggling purposes. Also, you can put bells up there if you want to jingle.

Linda's favorite bit: Diversity of options for heritages, drawing from different real world plants. And a clean division between those and the ancestry feats which are more focused on what kind of nature spirit they have been throughout the years.

Mark's favorite bit: feat where Leshy grows really long vines to hold weapons as an action. It does decrease their damage on two handed weapons but they get reach to compensate.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I liking what they are doing with ancestries, making them more unique and diverse,the Lizardfolk having the name Iruxi per example.

Now this make curious what name they will give to catfolk and if they will have consistent features.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

The book will also have 5 factions you can join, only one of which is the Pathfinder Society. The others include the Knights of Lastwall and Hellknights. Little unclear how much mechanics are tied into these.

Hellknights still have different archetypes instead of different prestige classes: Hellknight or a Signifier if you're more inclined to spellcasting. Orders are also somehow represented.

Lastwall Sentry and Hellknight Armiger from World Guide 1 both allow for quicker access to their later level equivalents archetypes in WG2. We knew this about the Hellknight Armiger, but it sounds like the Sentry follows the same pattern, and Mark thinks the Pathfinder Society equivalents work this way to. I'd bet all 5 factions have similar equivalents. Seems neat how they are having things from different books play off each other.

Also, evidently backgrounds can get you access to some specific archetypes as well.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Captain Morgan wrote:


Gourd Leshy Heritage. They have hollow heads that can be used to store for storage

‘If i only had a brain’


Pathfinder Lost Omens Subscriber
Captain Morgan wrote:

The book will also have 5 factions you can join, only one of which is the Pathfinder Society. The others include the Knights of Lastwall and Hellknights. Little unclear how much mechanics are tied into these.

Hellknights still have different archetypes instead of different prestige classes: Hellknight or a Signifier if you're more inclined to spellcasting. Orders are also somehow represented.

Lastwall Sentry and Hellknight Armiger from World Guide 1 both allow for quicker access to their later level equivalents archetypes in WG2. We knew this about the Hellknight Armiger, but it sounds like the Sentry follows the same pattern, and Mark thinks the Pathfinder Society equivalents work this way to. I'd bet all 5 factions have similar equivalents. Seems neat how they are having things from different books play off each other.

Also, evidently backgrounds can get you access to some specific archetypes as well.

I believe the Pathfinder Society is another of the factions. Which means all 3 we know about build on material in WG1.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So is the living monolith a level 2 archetype? It used to be a PrC but most of the other World Guide archetypes seem like level 2 ones (I mean an Armiger is literally someone in the organization who is not a full hellknight yet.)


4 people marked this as a favorite.

For GMs, WG2 will not just have a couple NPC statblocks from each organization, but this new thing called "Theme Templates" you can add to existing creature/NPC statblocks to turn into members of that organization, adding thematically appropriate abilities depending on the creature's level. A low level Hell Knight gains Hellknight armor, and a higher level one gets fire damage added to attacks. Pathfinders will have some very lore centered abilities.

And these won't just be limited to the 5 aformentioned factions. It sounds like WG2 will include a Theme Template for the Whispering Way, as an example.

These will also combine easily with the generic NPC creation rules in the game mastery guide.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens Subscriber
PossibleCabbage wrote:
So is the living monolith a level 2 archetype? It used to be a PrC but most of the other World Guide archetypes seem like level 2 ones (I mean an Armiger is literally someone in the organization who is not a full hellknight yet.)

I don't believe we know for sure about LM, but the archetypes we do know about from WG1 have all been lvl2, so it seems like a safe bet.

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

GOURD LESHIES!!!

Paizo Employee Developer

10 people marked this as a favorite.
tqomins wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
So is the living monolith a level 2 archetype? It used to be a PrC but most of the other World Guide archetypes seem like level 2 ones (I mean an Armiger is literally someone in the organization who is not a full hellknight yet.)
I don't believe we know for sure about LM, but the archetypes we do know about from WG1 have all been lvl2, so it seems like a safe bet.

Indeed! You can become a living monolith as early as second level.


Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber
Captain Morgan wrote:

For GMs, WG2 will not just have a couple NPC statblocks from each organization, but this new thing called "Theme Templates" you can add to existing creature/NPC statblocks to turn into members of that organization, adding thematically appropriate abilities depending on the creature's level. A low level Hell Knight gains Hellknight armor, and a higher level one gets fire damage added to attacks. Pathfinders will have some very lore centered abilities.

And these won't just be limited to the 5 aformentioned factions. It sounds like WG2 will include a Theme Template for the Whispering Way, as an example.

These will also combine easily with the generic NPC creation rules in the game mastery guide.

This sounds awesome!

Paizo Employee Developer

13 people marked this as a favorite.

One of the more fun things about the Theme Templates is that they are not strictly only for NPC stats. There's some info about applying them to monsters as well as some suggestions on some monsters that might be a good fit for a given organization. Want a centaur Hellknight? Go for it!


Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Luis Loza wrote:
One of the more fun things about the Theme Templates is that they are not strictly only for NPC stats. There's some info about applying them to monsters as well as some suggestions on some monsters that might be a good fit for a given organization. Want a centaur Hellknight? Go for it!

Yeah, I'm VERY interested by this! :O

A Dragon Hellknight... :X


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pumpkinhead11 wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:


Gourd Leshy Heritage. They have hollow heads that can be used to store for storage
‘If i only had a brain’

Int dumping leshy hey guys don't look at me I literally have no brain.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Luis Loza wrote:
Want a centaur Hellknight? Go for it!

Pathfinder flumphs! Everybody put their tentacles up in the air!

Gourd Leshy: I'm trying to picture this... Just where are they pulling things out of? Do they have comically big mouths? The top of their head screws off? A hole they cork on the top?

Paizo Employee Designer

4 people marked this as a favorite.
graystone wrote:
Luis Loza wrote:
Want a centaur Hellknight? Go for it!

Pathfinder flumphs! Everybody put their tentacles up in the air!

Gourd Leshy: I'm trying to picture this... Just where are they pulling things out of? Do they have comically big mouths? The top of their head screws off? A hole they cork on the top?

Their head is a hollow gourd, like a pumpkin.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mark Seifter wrote:
graystone wrote:
Luis Loza wrote:
Want a centaur Hellknight? Go for it!

Pathfinder flumphs! Everybody put their tentacles up in the air!

Gourd Leshy: I'm trying to picture this... Just where are they pulling things out of? Do they have comically big mouths? The top of their head screws off? A hole they cork on the top?

Their head is a hollow gourd, like a pumpkin.

I understand it's hollow; What I was curious about is how they gain entry to that hollow part. A pumpkin doesn't have a natural opening into it's center for instance. So where is the opening?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
graystone wrote:
Mark Seifter wrote:
graystone wrote:
Luis Loza wrote:
Want a centaur Hellknight? Go for it!

Pathfinder flumphs! Everybody put their tentacles up in the air!

Gourd Leshy: I'm trying to picture this... Just where are they pulling things out of? Do they have comically big mouths? The top of their head screws off? A hole they cork on the top?

Their head is a hollow gourd, like a pumpkin.
I understand it's hollow; What I was curious about is how they gain entry to that hollow part. A pumpkin doesn't have a natural opening into it's center for instance. So where is the opening?

It's a carved pumpkin.

Quote:
A gourd leshy has tangles of leafy vines for limbs and a carved gourd for a head. The exact nature and appearance of a gourd leshy's features can vary wildly between individuals.

You can google the name and see that the "mouth" is a hole carved... Probably the top can also be removed like an Halloween pumpkin.

Remember that Leshies are usually "made", so it's perfectly possible that the opening can be anything you want, as long as the druid that made the Leshy took the time to make that "special" opening. It could even be a little door.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I definitely imagine a gourd leshy doffing their head-hole cap to greet someone.


Elfteiroh wrote:
You can google the name

I did and that's what made me ask: I saw pictures of very tiny mouthed leshy, a no mouth leshy... I didn't see any with a mouth big enough to pull anything out of or a pop top head. Hence my curiosity on how they explained it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
graystone wrote:
Elfteiroh wrote:
You can google the name
I did and that's what made me ask: I saw pictures of very tiny mouthed leshy, a no mouth leshy... I didn't see any with a mouth big enough to pull anything out of or a pop top head. Hence my curiosity on how they explained it.

Did you see the pumpkin one? That's a gourd Leshy. And as I said, they'll probably not define these details to let player do what they want. :3


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Elfteiroh wrote:
Did you see the pumpkin one?

The one that's labeled vine leshy? I do see a cool watermelon leshy that looks like it'd fit.

EDIT: Ok found the 'jack o' lantern' type leshy in 'd&d' leshy. It look identical to the vine leshy picture.

Elfteiroh wrote:
they'll probably not define these details to let player do what they want. :3

I'm cool with that. Was just curious if there was a default [or what Mark's thought were on it].


So if a Gourd Leshy puts a lit candle in its storage space. . . Does it gain darkvision? :p


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pumpkinhead11 wrote:
So if a Gourd Leshy puts a lit candle in its storage space. . . Does it gain darkvision? :p

I'd rather know if the party can then use him as a lantern. ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Only if the party’s enemies can also use them as a target beacon.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

His name shall be "Archon".


I haven't uncovered any big spoilers in the Anatomy of a Heist Episode so far. It's entertaining, but mostly seems to be focused on how stuff we already knew about was applied to make for an interesting game.


OK, hold on. It sounds like Quiet Allies got an upgrade. It allows the person with the lowest bonus in the group be the only one to roll, and it can be combined with follow the expert to give them a really good shot.

Paizo Employee Designer

10 people marked this as a favorite.

Yep, that's been mentioned before a few times but I think went under the radar before. Do keep in mind, the stream is mine and Linda's personal stream so unless our guests are revealing something from their products, we don't use it as a place to unleash more spoilers outside the official sources. That said, a lot of things like these that have been mentioned somewhere can fall under the radar. If we've said it anywhere else, it's fair game for Arcane Mark to boost it, and even analyze it and pick it apart and see how that's going to make for cool games in practice. I hope it's a good chance for people to pick up on some cool things they might not have noticed elsewhere and to be able to talk with Linda and me and the Arcane Mark community about a variety of topics!

Liberty's Edge

9 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

"I asked for spoilers, all I got was [Redacted]."--I want a T-shirt that says this now.

Paizo Employee Designer

6 people marked this as a favorite.

Arcane Mark tonight will feature Starfinder Design Lead, Oblivion Oath's Qundle, and overall RPG icon Owen K. C. Stephens! Come join us and chat with Owen tonight at 7PM PDT! (and bring your Qundle emojis!)

Paizo Employee Designer

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Arcane Mark in ~10 minutes (10 AM PDT) will be GM Tools: New Beginnings. Curious about how just a little bit of planning can take your new campaign to the next level? Thinking about starting in a new system, such as PF2? Tune in for tips and advice!


Little late to the party on this one. I reeeeally hope that living monolith gets a way to stop aging as a later level feat!!


Captain Morgan wrote:

Pathfinders will have some very lore centered abilities.

I'd be super excited for a Lore-based archetype, rather than template :o


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Secret Wizard wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:

Pathfinders will have some very lore centered abilities.

I'd be super excited for a Lore-based archetype, rather than template :o

That feels like a given from what we have seen so far from the pathfinder background and archetype.


Pathfinder Lost Omens Subscriber
Captain Morgan wrote:
Secret Wizard wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:

Pathfinders will have some very lore centered abilities.

I'd be super excited for a Lore-based archetype, rather than template :o
That feels like a given from what we have seen so far from the pathfinder background and archetype.

See here


Do these eps appear anywhere other than on twitch? Would love to listen at work but can't use twitch :c


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Frames Janco wrote:
Do these eps appear anywhere other than on twitch? Would love to listen at work but can't use twitch :c

Pretty sure they go on YouTube but not sure how long it takes to get them uploaded.

Paizo Employee Designer

8 people marked this as a favorite.

Tonight's Arcane Mark (7PM PDT) is GM Tools: Mysteries and Investigations. All sorts of tips to make those styles of games shine for your group, rather than devolve into frustration! Also new channel art tonight.

Liberty's Edge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I just wanted to say that I've been loving the show and it's been helping me get over the loss of Starfinder Wednesday and Pathfinder Friday in particular :)

Scarab Sages Starfinder Design Lead

13 people marked this as a favorite.

I am a huge fan of the show, and recommend it to all fans of Paizo in specific and d20 games in general.

Paizo Employee Designer

7 people marked this as a favorite.

Aww, thanks so much NightTrace and Owen. Linda and I try really hard to make it informative but also friendly and approachable for people to come talk with us and help steer the episode (and now we have a squirrel emoji Linda drew for when we get distracted by community questions!). Tomorrow morning's episode is going to be all about GMing for Organized Play, so if you've been considering checking it out now that PF2 is coming out or starting it up in your area (which is easy and we'll tell you how!) be sure to check it out. I'll post again just before the episode as a heads-up.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Mark Seifter wrote:
Aww, thanks so much NightTrace and Owen. Linda and I try really hard to make it informative but also friendly and approachable for people to come talk with us and help steer the episode (and now we have a squirrel emoji Linda drew for when we get distracted by community questions!). Tomorrow morning's episode is going to be all about GMing for Organized Play, so if you've been considering checking it out now that PF2 is coming out or starting it up in your area (which is easy and we'll tell you how!) be sure to check it out. I'll post again just before the episode as a heads-up.

Is it the same squirrel that keeps on not appearing in the UP movie?

1 to 50 of 125 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Streaming & Actual Play / Pathfinder / Third-Party Broadcasts / Arcane Mark Episodes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.