Undine Oceans Echo Lunar Oracle 11th Level - Advice Needed


Advice


I have settled on playing an Undine Ocean Echo Oracle for a two part mini campaign, playing at 11th Level

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle/archetypes/paizo-oracl e-archetypes/oceans-echo-oracle-archetype/

I really want to be SAD, and max my Charisma.

Mystery: Lunar
Curse: ????

Feats
Noble Scion - Scion of War
Martial Weapon Proficiency
Divine Fighting Technique - Way of the Shooting Star
Extra Performance
Master Performer
Extra Revelation

Revelations
Prophetic Armor

Starting Stats
Strength: 10
Dexteriy: 10
Constitution: 14
Intelligence: 14
Wisdom: 10
Charisma: 18 (+1+1)

What advice do people have?


So of course you'll be taking Prophetic Armor. What level is this going to? If it's going to at least 16th, you could take the Celestial Obedience for Arshea. That'll add your CHA mod to AC if you wear no armor and dress like a hooker. As an added bonus, you have to have an orgasm every morning to maintain that benefit. You can even have a friend (or two, or three, or four...) help you- everybody wins! That feat also gives you a choice of spell-like abilities, and that 2/day mirror image is pretty sweet.

A thematic curse for a lunar mystery oracle is the lycanthropy curse.

For some other SADness, try Steadfast Personality. That'll add your Cha bonus to will saves against mind-affecting effects instead of your Wis bonus.


TheGreatWot wrote:

So of course you'll be taking Prophetic Armor. What level is this going to? If it's going to at least 16th, you could take the Celestial Obedience for Arshea. That'll add your CHA mod to AC if you wear no armor and dress like a hooker. As an added bonus, you have to have an orgasm every morning to maintain that benefit. You can even have a friend (or two, or three, or four...) help you- everybody wins! That feat also gives you a choice of spell-like abilities, and that 2/day mirror image is pretty sweet.

A thematic curse for a lunar mystery oracle is the lycanthropy curse.

For some other SADness, try Steadfast Personality. That'll add your Cha bonus to will saves against mind-affecting effects instead of your Wis bonus.

I need to worship Desna for the Fighting Style

I also just thought of instead of weapon proficiency, I can take the Tattooed Mystic Race Trait because of my Undine taking Mostly Human. That saves me on the weapon proficiency feat

Grand Lodge

You will have some difficulty creating a believeble background story for a Noble undine lunar oracle worship Desna.
By the way, Thrown weapons sucks under water.


If you want to be truly SAD then take the Lore Mystery and turn all of your knowledge skills into Charisma based as well. That allows the circlet of persuasion to add to them. Lore also has a few more interesting revelations to take although you dont get access to an animal companion.

Whichever you do Dex is doing very little for you, I would dump it to 7.


*Khan* wrote:

You will have some difficulty creating a believeble background story for a Noble undine lunar oracle worship Desna.

By the way, Thrown weapons sucks under water.

I already have some ideas

Desna is already known as the Starsong, and it is not hard to understand a rivers constant flow as travel. Just connect that to an Undine

I don't have to throw the Starknife, and the campaign isn't totally set underwater

andreww wrote:

If you want to be truly SAD then take the Lore Mystery and turn all of your knowledge skills into Charisma based as well. That allows the circlet of persuasion to add to them. Lore also has a few more interesting revelations to take although you dont get access to an animal companion.

Whichever you do Dex is doing very little for you, I would dump it to 7.

Because of being an Ocean Echo I would no longer get all the knowledges unfortunately.

The lowest I can get DeX is 9 because of the +2 racial bonus

Grand Lodge

Possessed is a curse that is really easy to deal with. High cha means you’ll be using light or no armor, so Powerless Prophecy can give you a decent defense with improved uncanny dodge but you’re staggered in the first round (or miss out on a surprise round if there is one)

Double check that you can take Master Performer with your GM, it’s normally a faction-specific feat.

If you’re going Lunar oracle you might as well get a Tiger animal companion to add on to your damage per round, and you can pick it up through extra revelation. Might be better than Master Performer at that point, too. What’s +1 to hit and damage when you could have a pouncing kitty dealing 50+damage instead?

If you want to stay on theme go crocodile instead, or a shark if you’re doing mostly underwater adventuring.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
*Khan* wrote:

You will have some difficulty creating a believeble background story for a Noble undine lunar oracle worship Desna.

By the way, Thrown weapons sucks under water.

How much time does this character spend underwater? By default, undines have swim speeds but cannot breathe water, so this character may be on land most of the time. The oracle archetype does nothing to change that, even though it was designed as a merfolk racial archetype.


Syries wrote:

Possessed is a curse that is really easy to deal with. High cha means you’ll be using light or no armor, so Powerless Prophecy can give you a decent defense with improved uncanny dodge but you’re staggered in the first round (or miss out on a surprise round if there is one)

Double check that you can take Master Performer with your GM, it’s normally a faction-specific feat.

If you’re going Lunar oracle you might as well get a Tiger animal companion to add on to your damage per round, and you can pick it up through extra revelation. Might be better than Master Performer at that point, too. What’s +1 to hit and damage when you could have a pouncing kitty dealing 50+damage instead?

If you want to stay on theme go crocodile instead, or a shark if you’re doing mostly underwater adventuring.

Cool, thank you. Yeah my DM is call with Master Performer.

Settling on a curse is what I am finding hardest. Powerless Prophecy is what I was leading towards

David knott 242 wrote:
*Khan* wrote:

You will have some difficulty creating a believeble background story for a Noble undine lunar oracle worship Desna.

By the way, Thrown weapons sucks under water.
How much time does this character spend underwater? By default, undines have swim speeds but cannot breathe water, so this character may be on land most of the time. The oracle archetype does nothing to change that, even though it was designed as a merfolk racial archetype.

At the moment this is the race side of the build

Undine
Mostly Human
Energy Resistance: Cold resistance 5
Amphibious
Hydrated Vitality
Darkvision: 60 Feet
Trait: Reactionary (Combat)
Trait: Tattooed Mystic (Race)
Trait: Savant (Social) - MAYBE????
Drawback: UNDECIDED????
FCB: Add one spell known from the oracle spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the oracle can cast.


Race: Undine (+2 DEX, +2 WIS, -2 STR)

Abilities: Mostly Human, Cold resistance 5, Amphibious Hydrated Vitality, Darkvision (60ft)
Class: Oceans Echo Oracle

Point Buy (25 Points):
Str (12), Dex (8), Con (14), Int (14), Wis (8), Cha (18)
Starting Characteristics:
Str (10), Dex (10), Con (14), Int (14), Wis (10), Cha (18)
Traits: Tattooed Mystic (Race) & Reactionary (Combat)
Mystery: Lunar
Curse: Powerless Prophecy or Tongues

Feats:
1) Noble Scion - Scion of War
3) Divine Fighting Technique - Way of the Shooting Star
5) Extra Performance
7) Master Performer
9) Extra Revelation*
11) ???

Revelations
1 & 3 & 15) Inspiring Song
7) Prophetic Armour
9*) Primal Companion - Tiger
11) Form of the Beast

What do you think?

Grand Lodge

I think this build will be a powerhouse and that you will need to hold back not to destroy the fun for your friends.
If you startede this build at level 1, i would allow it at my table, but never at level 11.
This build has no attacks beside spells until level 3 and a lousy AC until level 7. And you will first gain your animal protector at level 9.

Grand Lodge

Lingering performance is a good option, especially once you can start a performance as a swift action.

Spell focus(evocation) is honestly not a bad choice either since you have some fun blasting spells like Shout to help mix up your combat tactics a bit.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder RPG / Advice / Undine Oceans Echo Lunar Oracle 11th Level - Advice Needed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.