Bloody skeleton question


Pathfinder RPG General Discussion


Since they have an int of -, when they respawn do they remember who killed them and seeking revenge? I would guess they don't remember and just stay in the area they were assigned to guard


Skeletons are naturally mindless, and generally do nothing unless told to, or, if left in a hostile frame from the original "cause" they attack any living things. They do not HUNT DOWN, even if ordered to, they do not have the capacity to do so. A Skeletal champion or something to that nature would, but a normal bloody skeleton? Absolutely not.


since they are mindless I think there are only really 2 options.

1. they continue doing whatever the last command they were given was.

2. their "programming" has been "wiped" and upon reforming it would probably just amble around in the same general location and would try to kill any living creature that came around as per their normal "nature". In no circumstance do I see a mindless bloody skeleton "seeking revenge" for some foreseen wrong.

Consider this, if you shoot a wild animal with a tranquilizer dart relocate it somewhere else and leave. Will the animal "seek revenge" on you when it wakes up? The animal has no concept of what happened to it or any idea that it "should" be upset about what happened. At most its going to be confused and perhaps distressed if its been removed from something it cares about, otherwise it will just try to adapt to its new situation. A mindless undead has even less thoughts then the above animal. Why would it be upset that someone "killed" it?


Regular skeletons, even ones with the bloody template, are pretty much the lowest on the undead totem pole. They are at the level of 'tool'.

When you don't use them as tool directly next to a necromancer, you leave them as 'guards' that are more like 'traps that attack anything they see'. Think of them at the same level as a sentry turret that can move around the room a bit and use a sword. A roomba with a knife taped on?

You need something higher order if you want to have it hunt. ...or have someone else lead it on a hunt (this could be used to scooby doo a revenant situation; maybe you could have a caster in the background commanding it, faking an undead avenger).


lemeres wrote:
Think of them at the same level as a sentry turret that can move around the room a bit and use a sword. A roomba with a knife taped on?

... but with less personality than the sentry turrets from Portal.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Lucy_Valentine wrote:
lemeres wrote:
Think of them at the same level as a sentry turret that can move around the room a bit and use a sword. A roomba with a knife taped on?
... but with less personality than the sentry turrets from Portal.

And most of the roombas I've known have had blood vendettas...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

But what about the Three Laws of Roombotics?!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
quibblemuch wrote:
But what about the Three Laws of Roombotics?!

1. Thou shall not pass the invisible walls

2. Thou shall not attempt to drive into anything that looks like a hole.
3. Thou shall collide three times with visible barriers to test if they are real.

Nothing in there about not drawing blood so they should be good to go.

Shadow Lodge

They won't even draw blood...


It's a skeleton. It doesn't have memory. It simply does what it was instructed to do. If no instructions are given, it mindlessly attacks living creatures.


lemeres wrote:
Lucy_Valentine wrote:
lemeres wrote:
Think of them at the same level as a sentry turret that can move around the room a bit and use a sword. A roomba with a knife taped on?
... but with less personality than the sentry turrets from Portal.
And most of the roombas I've known have had blood vendettas...

It isn't usually blood that I see vindictive roombas leaving in their wake....


blahpers wrote:
It isn't usually blood that I see vindictive roombas leaving in their wake....

I know. I have had my entire work station destroyed by a coworker's roomba. I have to work on a particularly terrible laptop now as a result.


lemeres wrote:
blahpers wrote:
It isn't usually blood that I see vindictive roombas leaving in their wake....
I know. I have had my entire work station destroyed by a coworker's roomba. I have to work on a particularly terrible laptop now as a result.

That's horrifying. : (


blahpers wrote:
lemeres wrote:
I know. I have had my entire work station destroyed by a coworker's roomba. I have to work on a particularly terrible laptop now as a result.
That's horrifying. : (

Yes. it is such a frightfully bad laptop. It struggles even with our office's terrible AS400 file system (read: an ancient green on black dinosaur of a program that looks like it it belongs in an 80's movie).

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder RPG / General Discussion / Bloody skeleton question All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.