Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker


Movies

151 to 200 of 515 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Well, given the way Episode 8 went, you almost have to have a greater-scope villain... and that's probably for the best. Might get something out of the wreck of Episode 8 after all...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Yeah I mean Episode 8 didn't do many favors to win over skeptics...

We'll see if 9 can fix that.


BAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

*cough*

*ahem*

Anyhow . . . .


I'm sorry I didn't catch that... ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
GM Rednal wrote:
Well, given the way Episode 8 went, you almost have to have a greater-scope villain... and that's probably for the best. Might get something out of the wreck of Episode 8 after all...

I sure hope so. I was profoundly disappointed in 8.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yet again the lesson is let the past die
But they show us resurrect the past any way you have to!

Mind you, its not like living through being thrown down an OSHA defying endless pit has ever killed anyone before. Luke Survived. Maul was cut in half and then survived....


GM Rednal wrote:
Well, given the way Episode 8 went, you almost have to have a greater-scope villain... and that's probably for the best. Might get something out of the wreck of Episode 8 after all...

Palpatine: I SAID you were incapable of betraying me. Because cutting through one of my meat puppets costs me nothing...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

am I the only one more excited about The Mandalorian than the next movie?


MMCJawa wrote:
am I the only one more excited about The Mandalorian than the next movie?

Gonna say thats a no


I'm okay with the Mandalorian...but I want to see this trilogy's ending before I make judgments.


I'm okay with the story of the Skywalkers ending, although I'm very curious to see how they plan to do that, given who's left of that particular group...

I'd also like to see a proper Obi-Wan movie that displays him as the Jedi negotiator, finding real solutions to complex problems. None of this "they just needed to talk to each other" stuff - the Galaxy is in the midst of the Clone Wars and hard decisions need to be made in situations that certainly seem to have no truly good paths.

Liberty's Edge

Yeah, I’m SUPER excited to see Episode 9, but I actually don’t even think we’ll be getting Disney+


I'd LIKE to get Disney +...but not sure Mom is ready for it.


MMCJawa wrote:
am I the only one more excited about The Mandalorian than the next movie?

I'm with you.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

I'm definitely more excited about the Mandalorian than Ep 9. I'm braced for the movie to at best salvage the story abandoned in Ep 8, and come out as okay.

The trailer of Mandalorian also has me much more interested, but we'll see.

Liberty's Edge

New Footage

I've got a good feeling about this.

Sovereign Court

I dont know whats going on, but the crashing wave saber fight looks awesome.


Pan wrote:
I dont know whats going on, but the crashing wave saber fight looks awesome.

Duel at Death Star II Wreckage


Suddenly that idea that Rey is a force induced clone of the Emperor seems a bit more likely.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I really don't love the idea that if Rey is a Palpatine clone and turns to the dark side, that Kylo Ren embraces his Skywalker heritage and turns good to stop her. Not saying that's what happening, but it seems like a possibility and not one I'd be excited about.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Hint: the trailer is most likely put together and edited so as to conceal major plot twists, not reveal them.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Also I read somewhere that the Dark Side Rey was a vision that Kylo/Ben had at some point. So take that with a grain of salt about it actually happening.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

And the Dark Side Rey does look cool. Bet there'll be a toy of that. Even if it's just a brief vision.

Toys are what it's all about.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

I get that it could be a force vision of some sort. However, giving her a new bad-ass weapon and not having it actually get used in reality would be pretty lame.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
JoelF847 wrote:
I get that it could be a force vision of some sort. However, giving her a new bad-ass weapon and not having it actually get used in reality would be pretty lame.

Is it really a "new" weapon, though, or a rehash of Darth Maul's two-bladed sword staff?

Wait, so is Rey Darth's Maul's daughter...? /jk


I am quite convinced this is a fakeout - I do not expect JJ "I want to reshoot New Hope" Abrams to come up with an actual Twist.
But the fights do look pretty - say what you want about the Prequels, the Darth Maul fight still is the best light saber duel that was ever filmed (maybe excluding Maul Apprentice, a fan film that puts Episode 7 and 8 to shame)

And man, do they come up with ridiculous Light Saber Designs - yes, the double saber is cool AND it actually makes sense with Rey having fought with a staff before - but why would you ever fold it up with blades extended?

Negativity off, nice montage of the old Saga - even though as a flashback it has a strange order of events ;)

Liberty's Edge

Looking at Rey's eyes in that shot, they look... blank. Like She's not really there. My theory is Rey is being controlled by someone else or it's a clone.


The light saber design apparently isn't new, but was the Jedi Temple Guard sabers from Clone Wars/Rebels


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Firstly I doubt Rey is a Dathomirian. If only because she's not pale enough and I don't think she's got the right eye color.

Secondly, I still believe the rumor that the scene with the red light saber staff is more a vision than an actual thing that will happen.

Thirdly I don't see Rey being controlled unless Palps has some way to move from body to body...


That third one is actually not that ridiculous, given some of the... I think they're calling it Legends stuff now? The old Expanded Universe.

As a side note, I'm hoping that the battles are better in Episode 9 - not just the one-on-one fights, but fleets and whatnot. I've always liked big space battles, but I like them more when the people in charge are smart and have interesting tactics.

Scarab Sages

Vidmaster7 wrote:
MMCJawa wrote:
am I the only one more excited about The Mandalorian than the next movie?
I'm with you.

Same here. I actually have zero interest in the next movie, but will be getting my subscription to Disney+ within the next few days.


Syrus Terrigan wrote:
Pan wrote:
I dont know whats going on, but the crashing wave saber fight looks awesome.
Duel at Death Star II Wreckage

Or is it duel at hidden (and fully operational) Death Star 4?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I hope not. Abrams isn't the most imaginative of writers. Reskinning Episode 4 as Episode 7 was bad enough.

Liberty's Edge

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Sorry, but I don’t know why that myth keeps perpetuating.

Abrams is a very good writer and an excellent director. Some people may not like him and that’s fine. But stating as some sort of fact that he is not a good writer or director is simply not true.

I know it’s a symptom of the larger world right now - politics has gone from a civil discourse and exchange of ideas to a dumpster fire of polar ideology, etc., but can we PLEASE stop speaking in such judgmental absolutes?

It's OK to express an opinion - "I like something", or "I don't like something" ... it's just NOT OK to state an opinion as some sort of fact.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I have only the fact that Thor 4 had better have Beta Ray Bill and some way of fixing Mjonlir like they did in the comics from War of the Realms.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:
I have only the fact that Thor 4 had better have Beta Ray Bill and some way of fixing Mjonlir like they did in the comics from War of the Realms.

I think you may have posted in the wrong thread ...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm actually not too upset about taking cues from Episode 4 when making Episode 7. Star Wars also has a theme of cycles in it (the prequels map well to the original trilogy that way, as intended), so that's not inherently inappropriate. It was at least a setup and gave a lot of plot points to expand on, and it made me want to see what happened next. I didn't like it as much as some of the previous films, and I enjoyed Rogue One more, but Episode 7 could've been a lot worse.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Rednal wrote:
I'm actually not too upset about taking cues from Episode 4 when making Episode 7. Star Wars also has a theme of cycles in it (the prequels map well to the original trilogy that way, as intended), so that's not inherently inappropriate. It was at least a setup and gave a lot of plot points to expand on, and it made me want to see what happened next. I didn't like it as much as some of the previous films, and I enjoyed Rogue One more, but Episode 7 could've been a lot worse.

I actually kind of liked that aspect. The "reskinning" was very broad brush, the basic outline and specific scenes, but then they mixed up the character roles and the significance of the scenes so nothing actually meant the same thing.

For me, it was a very different movie, despite the similarities. That was a neat trick.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Bonus Theory: I could get behind Rey being artificially created by Palpatine, and used the entire time as a shield to hide his presence and influence from others. Every bit of her use of the Force? Palpatine, manipulating events to get rid of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker and through the last dregs of resistance into disarray. Also convenient for disposing of Snoke so he could acquire direct control with no rivals. So Episode 9 would have a reveal of that and Rey realizing she really is just a nobody in the darkest hour before the light comes.


Marc Radle wrote:

Sorry, but I don’t know why that myth keeps perpetuating.

Abrams is a very good writer and an excellent director. Some people may not like him and that’s fine. But stating as some sort of fact that he is not a good writer or director is simply not true.

I know it’s a symptom of the larger world right now - politics has gone from a civil discourse and exchange of ideas to a dumpster fire of polar ideology, etc., but can we PLEASE stop speaking in such judgmental absolutes?

It's OK to express an opinion - "I like something", or "I don't like something" ... it's just NOT OK to state an opinion as some sort of fact.

PREACH IT


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ummmm, not to put too fine a point upon it, but if presenting opinions as facts is "wrong"/NOT OKAY, perhaps more of us should self-critique our presentations?

I mean . . . it's right there . . . .

*shrugs*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Orville Redenbacher wrote:
Syrus Terrigan wrote:
Pan wrote:
I dont know whats going on, but the crashing wave saber fight looks awesome.
Duel at Death Star II Wreckage
Or is it duel at hidden (and fully operational) Death Star 4?

Ugh!!

Expanded Universe defend us!!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Marc Radle wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:
I have only the fact that Thor 4 had better have Beta Ray Bill and some way of fixing Mjonlir like they did in the comics from War of the Realms.
I think you may have posted in the wrong thread ...

OR just hear me out.. The star wars movies are about to get a lot more interesting.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Marc Radle wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:
I have only the fact that Thor 4 had better have Beta Ray Bill and some way of fixing Mjonlir like they did in the comics from War of the Realms.
I think you may have posted in the wrong thread ...
OR just hear me out.. The star wars movies are about to get a lot more interesting.

Normally, I'd find the idea of a Star Wars/Marvel crossover appealing, but I just really don't want to see Rey pick up Mjolnir like it's nothing.

On the other hand, if Palpatine somehow used the Force to fool the hammer into thinking he was worthy...


Tectorman wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Marc Radle wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:
I have only the fact that Thor 4 had better have Beta Ray Bill and some way of fixing Mjonlir like they did in the comics from War of the Realms.
I think you may have posted in the wrong thread ...
OR just hear me out.. The star wars movies are about to get a lot more interesting.

Normally, I'd find the idea of a Star Wars/Marvel crossover appealing, but I just really don't want to see Rey pick up Mjolnir like it's nothing.

On the other hand, if Palpatine somehow used the Force to fool the hammer into thinking he was worthy...

"I am the Thor you're looking for."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I hadn't considered crossing over...but yeah I think I posted in the wrong thread...sort of.

But if there was a Marvel Comics/Star Wars cross over, it's only when Galactus brings back Anakin/Darth Vader as his Herald...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Patton Oswalt's dream gets closer and closer everyday.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

One can only hope, Vid. :)

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Confirmed final Rise of Skywalker trailer release date and tickets will go on sale October 21.

Fittingly on Carrie Fisher’s Birthday.

We miss you Carrie.

Wedge and General Aftab Ackbar confirmed in the film.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
baron arem heshvaun wrote:


Confirmed final Rise of Skywalker trailer release date and tickets will go on sale October 21.

Fittingly on Carrie Fisher’s Birthday.

We miss you Carrie.

Wedge and General Aftab Ackbar confirmed in the film.

I NEED YOUR AUTOGRAPH WEDGE BECAUSE I HAVE BIGGS AUTOGRAPH AND I NEED GOLD LEADERS AUTOGRAAAAAAAPH

151 to 200 of 515 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Entertainment / Movies / Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.