Skull and Shackles - Two Character Party Ideas


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game General Discussion


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Hey folks,

I was wondering if you all could give me some suggestions for a two character team that would be able to make it through all of Skull and Shackles. I already have a list of three character teams and four character teams for my wife and me. I'm looking for a two character team to play by myself when my wife isn't able to play.

XOXO,

Grabnar


Never tried S&S with two characters, but here's a thread that might help:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1300322/solo-two-characters-which-two


If you own Ranzak, then Ranzak and Oloch is a blast, I can confirm! Ranzak can pass all of his combat checks onto Oloch, and Oloch can purely act supportively (notably, eventually adding +10 or so to a given check) on any noncombat check Ranzak would normally be unable to pass.

It's pretty much just Ranzak soloing the scenarios, but with an awesome bodyguard/supporter/healer always at his side.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Does anyone else have any suggestions? I only have the SnS characters and the character add-on for the set, so they'd have to be two of those characters. I don't have any class decks, and I don't feel like running goblins for this playthrough. Sorry, Yewstance.


Pathfinder Card Game, Class Deck Subscriber

quite a few conquering duos in this thread


Master_Grabnar wrote:
Does anyone else have any suggestions? I only have the SnS characters and the character add-on for the set, so they'd have to be two of those characters. I don't have any class decks, and I don't feel like running goblins for this playthrough. Sorry, Yewstance.

You do not need character add-ons to properly use Ranzak. He is a promo card, and if you don't mind that you won't have his character token card, you can play with him using his character sheet. That sheet is even included in the Skull&Shackles character sheets.

I personally play Skull & Shackles only with the character sheets cut to the minimal size + token cards, and my power / character cards remain in the box.

I like Jirelle as a character, she is perfectly suited for survival (pun intended) in this AP. Group her with a magic-user (Arcane/Divine) - Alahazra, Lem or maaaaaaybe Seltyiel - and focus on her Wisdom. With Lem or Damiel, Jirelle is competing for Finesse/Dexterity-based weapons, which is not ideal. Maybe Oloch would be fine companion to Jirelle as well.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Jenceslav wrote:
Master_Grabnar wrote:
Does anyone else have any suggestions? I only have the SnS characters and the character add-on for the set, so they'd have to be two of those characters. I don't have any class decks, and I don't feel like running goblins for this playthrough. Sorry, Yewstance.

You do not need character add-ons to properly use Ranzak. He is a promo card, and if you don't mind that you won't have his character token card, you can play with him using his character sheet. That sheet is even included in the Skull&Shackles character sheets.

I personally play Skull & Shackles only with the character sheets cut to the minimal size + token cards, and my power / character cards remain in the box.

I like Jirelle as a character, she is perfectly suited for survival (pun intended) in this AP. Group her with a magic-user (Arcane/Divine) - Alahazra, Lem or maaaaaaybe Seltyiel - and focus on her Wisdom. With Lem or Damiel, Jirelle is competing for Finesse/Dexterity-based weapons, which is not ideal. Maybe Oloch would be fine companion to Jirelle as well.

Yes I know you don’t need character add-ons to play Ranzak... I said I don’t feel like playing with a goblin during this playthrough.

And don’t ever suggest Seltyiel for such a small group. He’s good at combat and that’s it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Master_Grabnar wrote:

Yes I know you don’t need character add-ons to play Ranzak... I said I don’t feel like playing with a goblin during this playthrough.

And don’t ever suggest Seltyiel for such a small group. He’s good at combat and that’s it.

I think people are only trying to be helpful here?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
wkover wrote:
Master_Grabnar wrote:

Yes I know you don’t need character add-ons to play Ranzak... I said I don’t feel like playing with a goblin during this playthrough.

And don’t ever suggest Seltyiel for such a small group. He’s good at combat and that’s it.

I think people are only trying to be helpful here?

Yeah when I sent that I realized it sounded mean which wasn’t my intention at all.


I would bring someone that can heal and a beat stick. For healing pick one of the following: Alahazra, Damiel, Lem, Lini, and possibility Oloch (if I took him I would focus on support). For a beatstick pick one of the following: Jirelle, Lirianne, Merisiel, Seltyiel, Valeros, or Oloch (built leaning toward combat).

Make sure one of the two characters you select has a good Wisdom/survival.

Strongest duo would probably be Alahazra/Jirelle. My personal Opinion anyway.

Master_Grabnar wrote:
And don’t ever suggest Seltyiel for such a small group. He’s good at combat and that’s it.

While it might not be ideal, he can still be made to work in a duo.

EDIT: Are you OK with characters from the class decks? Those sheets can be printed out and used. This would open up the game a lot for you. Half the fun is having new powers when you re-run these games.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Card Game / General Discussion / Skull and Shackles - Two Character Party Ideas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.