Pre-PaizoCon 2019 Q&A


PaizoCon General Discussion

Paizo Employee Customer Service & Community Manager

1 person marked this as a favorite.

On January 11, 2019 I sat down with Dan Tharp to talk PaizoCon on Pathfinder Friday #28 Who's Coming To PaizoCon 2019?

Our interview is on the Paizo Twitch Channel here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/364417641
And YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDRttTBZVDw

I will be doing another stream on Twitch about the time the event's schedule is ready to go live on paizo.com.

Let me know here or at paizocon at paizo.com if you have any questions you'd like to address on a future pre-PaizoCon interview.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thanks for the video! Was very useful as a PaizoCon first timer! I'll be travelling over from New Zealand for it.

What's the food situation like there? Do people go to the hotel restaurant, or offsite? Do people eat at the organised play tables? Are there any rules about bringing your own food and drink in? Cheers! Look forward to meeting everyone there!

Paizo Employee Customer Service & Community Manager

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lazlo Woodbine wrote:

Thanks for the video! Was very useful as a PaizoCon first timer! I'll be travelling over from New Zealand for it.

What's the food situation like there? Do people go to the hotel restaurant, or offsite? Do people eat at the organised play tables? Are there any rules about bringing your own food and drink in? Cheers! Look forward to meeting everyone there!

I'll put that on my notes for the next one! In the meantime, the food situation is decent. There's options at the hotel with their bar, cafe, and restaurant, as well as nearby fast and sit down places.


Thanks Sara! Good to know there's plenty of options available.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lazlo Woodbine wrote:
Thanks for the video! Was very useful as a PaizoCon first timer! I'll be travelling over from New Zealand for it.

I hope I get to meet you there. I travel all over Asia, and need to get to NZ for some R&R and gaming with a local group at some point.

Lazlo Woodbine wrote:
What's the food situation like there? Do people go to the hotel restaurant, or offsite? Do people eat at the organised play tables? Are there any rules about bringing your own food and drink in? Cheers! Look forward to meeting everyone there!

Last year this thread addresed some of your same questions. Some of it may be out of date. For instance Dave's is now closed, and I don't know if the hotel will be offering the burgers at poolside again or not. I was just in the neighborhood recently and everything else seemed pretty much the same otherwise. My post about half way down the thread addresses your question about bringing outside food in.

Maybe I should just go revive that thread...


Nomadical wrote:


I hope I get to meet you there. I travel all over Asia, and need to get to NZ for some R&R and gaming with a local group at some point.

Tall English bearded guy called Matt. Say' hi' if you spot me!

You should have come out last year when we has PaizoCon Oz in the actual Green Dragon in Hobbiton! Quite the gaming experience! If you ever do head over this way, DM me and I'll hook you up with the local groups I know.

Nomadical wrote:

Last year this thread addresed some of your same questions. Some of it may be out of date. For instance Dave's is now closed, and I don't know if the hotel will be offering the burgers at poolside again or not. I was just in the neighborhood recently and everything else seemed pretty much the same otherwise. My post about half way down the thread addresses your question about bringing outside food in.

Maybe I should just go revive that thread...

Thanks for the info! That answers my questions nicely! Much appreciated!


Lazlo Woodbine wrote:

Thanks for the video! Was very useful as a PaizoCon first timer! I'll be travelling over from New Zealand for it.

What's the food situation like there? Do people go to the hotel restaurant, or offsite? Do people eat at the organised play tables? Are there any rules about bringing your own food and drink in? Cheers! Look forward to meeting everyone there!

Hey Lazlo,

VC Canberra Australia here. There a bunch of us travelling over from AU if you want to join up with us let us know. Two of us have done the trip before and we have accommodation sorted and now our way around town.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

@Sara Marie, any chance we could get the Qs and As transcribed into a thread here or added to the FAQ page for those of us that don't do as well with audio?

My Q: When will the event lottery start, and will we get email reminders about it beforehand? After last year I'm afraid I'll miss it!


Putting my question here instead of starting a new thread: I was told the room block was sold out on 20th and 21st. Can you give us a heads up if additional rooms are added?

Community / Forums / Paizo / PaizoCon / General Discussion / Pre-PaizoCon 2019 Q&A All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in General Discussion
Parking