1.7 ?


General Discussion


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I see these references about 1.7 in the forums. I have yet to see any release for a 1.7. Where are people getting this info to talk about ? Is it listed somewhere?


orphias wrote:
I see these references about 1.7 in the forums. I have yet to see any release for a 1.7. Where are people getting this info to talk about ? Is it listed somewhere?

If there is a 1.7 I'd love to get my hands on as well! =)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

There isn't. People are using this to refer to the changes that Jason Bulmahn indicated on a stream are likely to make it into the final version of Pathfinder Second Edition. However, Pathfinder Second Edition in general will probably be very different from the Playtest in general, so this usage does not really make sense.


As above. If you are looking for the stuff it's the thread "Top 5 things to expect for Pathfinder second edition", but as mentioned above it's just some rough previews of likely changes, nowhere near enough info to implement. It is by no means an official update.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Semi-related: Jason will be on Know Direction this evening "to talk about turning the experience and feedback Paizo received about the playtest into a final version of the second edition." Hopefully we can glean a little more information from the conversation.

source


Here's what I captured from the twitch feed after 1.6 that is unofficially my 1.7:

* New Conditions (Str -1, -2... dex, con) (No details) - Doomed 1-4, Dying Condition at which you die is lowered - mega bad condition
* Resonance gone - Just # of magic items you can wear (like our rule) I think, but they kept saying it's gone... then there was an aside about the # of magic items you can wear with no explanation. Then they moved on quickly. I like the idea of a total limit on worn items as opposed to 2 rings, 1 necklace, 1 headband, etc. (edit: since this I changed my mind and don't think there need to be item limits beyond cost, availability, time, etc which already exist.)
* Proficiency - Untrained +0 and you don't add level. Trained +2, Expert +4, Master +6, Legendary +8 -> Update your character sheets to reflect. This gives everyone more AC and Attack if I understand it correctly.


Zaister wrote:
There isn't. People are using this to refer to the changes that Jason Bulmahn indicated on a stream are likely to make it into the final version of Pathfinder Second Edition. However, Pathfinder Second Edition in general will probably be very different from the Playtest in general, so this usage does not really make sense.

So is there no 1.7 update? I bought the Playtest book, and I'm hoping to have a 1.7 update, so I can keep the book and have a printout of the 1.7 update and class archetypes update, so I can have version 2 fully without having to buy a new book.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DoubleGold wrote:
Zaister wrote:
There isn't. People are using this to refer to the changes that Jason Bulmahn indicated on a stream are likely to make it into the final version of Pathfinder Second Edition. However, Pathfinder Second Edition in general will probably be very different from the Playtest in general, so this usage does not really make sense.
So is there no 1.7 update? I bought the Playtest book, and I'm hoping to have a 1.7 update, so I can keep the book and have a printout of the 1.7 update and class archetypes update, so I can have version 2 fully without having to buy a new book.

That is never going to happen.

It’s been stated very clearly that thereks going to be way too many changes for an update document to be feasible between here and a midpoint to final, the end result is going to be entirely a different thing.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber
DoubleGold wrote:
So is there no 1.7 update? I bought the Playtest book, and I'm hoping to have a 1.7 update, so I can keep the book and have a printout of the 1.7 update and class archetypes update, so I can have version 2 fully without having to buy a new book.

Pathfinder 2 (Or whatever the final name is) will be more than a little different to the Playtest book. Too much for an Update:

Spoiler:
As has been said, there will be more worldbuilding in the book.
Some chapters (like chapter 1) will be rewritten.
The spells-chapter will not include "focus spells" (that have been called "powers" previously) in between regular spells.
Many spells will be tweaked (duration, damage...).
Archetypes will be reworked and the 'missing' class-archetypes (that got included later on) incorporated.
The whole chapter on magic items has to be checked and changed to get rid of resonance.
I probably am missing things here ... Conditions ...

There's going to be so much changed that any update would likely be larger than the Playtest book is right now.

Yes, your Playtest book is very much pure nostalgia now (same as my softcover and my hardcover Playtest books are now).


Pathfinder Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Also, to be clear, Paizo only printed the Playtest books for those who either wanted the physical copy for ease of playtesting, or wanted a piece of playtest history, or both.

The playtest PDF was always free, so it wasn't like they were trying to make money off of the playtest.

Hopefully, if people find PF2 worth playing, they'll buy the new book or pdf.


DoubleGold wrote:
Zaister wrote:
There isn't. People are using this to refer to the changes that Jason Bulmahn indicated on a stream are likely to make it into the final version of Pathfinder Second Edition. However, Pathfinder Second Edition in general will probably be very different from the Playtest in general, so this usage does not really make sense.
So is there no 1.7 update? I bought the Playtest book, and I'm hoping to have a 1.7 update, so I can keep the book and have a printout of the 1.7 update and class archetypes update, so I can have version 2 fully without having to buy a new book.

There'll probably be an SRD ready around the same time the new book hits the shops anyway so you don't really need to buy anything anyway...

Community / Forums / Archive / Pathfinder / Playtests & Prerelease Discussions / Pathfinder Playtest / Pathfinder Playtest General Discussion / 1.7 ? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Pathfinder Playtest General Discussion