[SFS] Items that can save you


Starfinder Society

Acquisitives 5/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.

We all know death is an expensive and unfortunate experience, but there are some items you can buy that can help keep you alive and survive in the game...
Rather than a general gear list, let's keep it focused on real "game changers" and things that will keep you up in a scenario, and under 7500 credits.

This list contains basic core items for Home Games and SFS use (SFS--> Home Game is pretty much guaranteed for standard items).

For SFS remember to check your Reputation and Character Level as not everything is 'always available'.

Remember that Fame/credit values can be split on Raise Dead and Vendor Program bonuses make you very hard to kill... just in case you forget.

Posting template
Item name (slot/boon) Level(L)&(¢)Price credits source: short description.

example:
MedKit, basic () L1 ¢100 SCRB: DC25 Medicine to treat deadly wounds.

Acquisitives 5/5

In early August things will change and we'll all roll with the changes.

Acquisitives 5/5

Serum of Healing, Mk1 L1 ¢100 SCRB Blk:L : std ingest|inject gain 1d8 Heal. Much the same as a Potion of Cure Light Wounds so always have 2 on you. The price scaling makes 3 Mk1's more efficient than 1 Mk2 ¢475(if you have time).

Spell Gem of Mystic Cure L1 L2 ¢140 SCRB Blk:L : cast & tch tgt, tgt heals 1d8 + WisMod. Not as cheap as serum and requires a caster. A Spell Ampoule Spell L1 -> item L3 comes in at ¢300... a heftier price.

5/5

well - it's up to the online community at large to add to this... seems there's little interest.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo) 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

3 people marked this as a favorite.

One highly overlooked advantage to the spell gem of mystic cure is that the caster can give you their hit points. So if you've been hiding in the back at full staminia (as you should be) you can run out, tag your meatshield and hand them 30 hit points off a first level spell.

2/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber

Spell Chip of Mystic Cure L1 L2 ¢154 SCRB Blk: -; these need to be installed into a datapad, any mystic with access to it is able to cast it and the chip can be recharged at 90% of the base cost (¢126).

So you also need a...

Tier 1 Datapad L1 ¢50 SCRB Blk: 1 (can be minaturized: +¢5 for L, +¢10 for -)

If you are a spellcaster, this can be a great way to expand your spell repertoire to include rarely used spells that you really wish you had when you need them.

5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

Whisperer in Darkness wrote:
well - it's up to the online community at large to add to this... seems there's little interest.

I wouldn't say that there's little interest, it's just that there's not the pile of obscure splatbooks to dig through for obscure items that really save your butt.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber

Most striking one to me:

Tier 1 Antitoxin L1 ¢150 SCRB: Consumable that grants a +4 typeless bonus on all saving throws against poison for 1 hour.

Considering how absolutely crippling poisons are in Starfinder, having at least one Tier 1 Antitoxin on hand is super important. If you can anticipate when you might need it and pre-use it, great! If not, it still applies to your follow-up saves against any poison you were inflicted with. The bonus is also huge and stacks with everything.
---

I think there are a lot of other items worth mentioning here, but I'm not sure if they're must haves (Redundancy Belt might be one)

Grand Lodge 5/5 Venture-Agent, Florida—Melbourne aka trollbill

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Fire Extinguisher L1 ¢15 SCRB: Removes one Burning condition.

Sure, that may seem like a complete waste when you are taking 1d4 fire damage every round from a laser pistol crit, but wait till you get hit with 4 incendiary grenades from mooks in one round and discover that the Burning condition stacks in Starfinder.

Called Weapon Fusion L1 ¢varies SCRB: Teleport a weapon up to 100 ft. away to you as a swift action.

Cheap way to make your weapons magic at low levels, don't need to worry about getting disarmed, stow a weapon in a nearby location to quickly arm yourself when you aren't supposed to be armed (a near-by vehicle, that crate you delivered, the party Ysoki's cheek pouch, etc), can re-use thrown weapons, and is great for action economy for mobile characters that often swap out weapons in combat.

Grand Lodge 5/5 Venture-Agent, Florida—Melbourne aka trollbill

Cellion wrote:

Most striking one to me:

Tier 1 Antitoxin L1 ¢150 SCRB: Consumable that grants a +4 typeless bonus on all saving throws against poison for 1 hour.

Considering how absolutely crippling poisons are in Starfinder, having at least one Tier 1 Antitoxin on hand is super important. If you can anticipate when you might need it and pre-use it, great! If not, it still applies to your follow-up saves against any poison you were inflicted with. The bonus is also huge and stacks with everything.
---

Ditto on this. Even a high level character can go from healthy to disabled/incapacitated for the rest of the adventure, or even dead, in just a few rounds if attacked by multiple creatures with poison.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo) 5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The starfinder backpack or gear clamps. being able to take something out as a weapon lets you move draw and use it. Very handy for fire extinguishers, healing serums, antitoxins etc.

Infrared capacitors. if your species is nightblind it's 200 credits to fix your vision problem.

Spell Storing weapon. Needs a level 4+ weapon, but being able to keep around a pile of spell gems is handy if you're not a caster. You can keep a dagger or something specifically to put that enchant on it.

Dataphiles 3/5 ⦵⦵

Bill Baldwin wrote:

Fire Extinguisher L1 ¢15 SCRB: Removes one Burning condition.

Sure, that may seem like a complete waste when you are taking 1d4 fire damage every round from a laser pistol crit, but wait till you get hit with 4 incendiary grenades from mooks in one round and discover that the Burning condition stacks in Starfinder.

Called Weapon Fusion L1 ¢varies SCRB: Teleport a weapon up to 100 ft. away to you as a swift action.

Cheap way to make your weapons magic at low levels, don't need to worry about getting disarmed, stow a weapon in a nearby location to quickly arm yourself when you aren't supposed to be armed (a near-by vehicle, that crate you delivered, the party Ysoki's cheek pouch, etc), can re-use thrown weapons, and is great for action economy for mobile characters that often swap out weapons in combat.

I personally don't have any Called weapon fusions as I prefer the reliability of technology over the relative unpredictability of magic, but I can attest to their usefulness having witnessed them in action. A technomancer cohort of mine once left his weapon at the door when we were entering a bar because it was required of us, and was able to call it to his hand when a fight inevitably broke out. Another cohort of mine, who is a soldier, likes the sniper class of weapon and rarely parts from his armaments, but still found it faster to call his weapon to his hand than to pull it from his back,and appreciates having his normally analogue weapon count as magic when drift deads rear their ugly heads. It may seem insignifant at first, but it really makes a difference. I might even disregard my usual aversion to magic to pick up a called infusion or two on my next mission.

Scarab Sages ⦵⦵⦵ Venture-Agent, Netherlands aka CptJames

Ghost Killer Fusion I love this one, yeah it's a little late, level 5 to get it, but turning all your bullets/shots magical and full damage to incorporeals...never can go wrong.

3/5 ⦵⦵ Venture-Agent, Virginia—Portsmouth aka Pogiforce

Professional's Tools (tool kit)L1 ¢20 SCRB: Provides a +4 bonus on related profession checks. This may not seem like much, but sometimes a profession check can be used in place of other skills, in which case a +4 item bonus is significant. This also means a bonus on day job checks, and since day job earning are double your roll a +4 bonus translates to 8 extra credits. That means after three day jobs the tool kit has paid for itself, and now it's all profit. That little bit of extra money will add up.

Jump Jets (armor mod) L2 ¢1000 SCRB: as part of a move action, can fly with average maneuverability 30 feet horizontally with a maximum height of 10 feet,or 20 feet straight up. Can be used 10 times before needing to be recharged. Activating as part of a move action to fly as part of your movement basically doubles your base move speed. You can use the flight to cross chasms, mantle cliffs, or grant yourself greater maneuverability in zero-g environments. Relatively inexpensive, available at first level. A really popular item.

Liberty's Edge 1/5

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Gravitational Harness, Mk 1(Magitech Augmentation) L2 ¢515 SA: Increase or lower gravity for yourself and everything you carry by one step for 2 rounds. If you're in zero g you get a fly speed, if you're falling you suddenly reduce your fall rate. You can pop it as a Reaction if you need too.

Community / Forums / Organized Play / Starfinder Society / [SFS] Items that can save you All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.