Armory 2 Wishlist


General Discussion

201 to 224 of 224 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Especially with the Biohacker incoming, we need more options to explore the wonderful world of mad science & self-experimentation.


I'm really hoping for an option to turn your solar weapon into an Operative-property weapon so that you can go properly Dex-Light Armor/Cha-Soulfire and basically do the class it feels it was meant to be, rather than having to go Str-Heavy Armor. Because now the two choices seem to be between Str/Cha Heavy Armor/Soulfire, or dipping Soldier so that you can key Resolve off Strength and going Str/Dex/Con.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Why do people always seem to forget that high Dex, light armor wearing, gun toting solarians are always an option too?


Quote:
Operative-property weapon so that you can go properly Dex-Light Armor/Cha-Soulfire

I get that the damage is still low, but can't you do this now with solar armor and an operative melee weapon?


Garretmander wrote:
Quote:
Operative-property weapon so that you can go properly Dex-Light Armor/Cha-Soulfire
I get that the damage is still low, but can't you do this now with solar armor and an operative melee weapon?

I believe that Soulfire only goes on crystals.


Dracomicron wrote:
Garretmander wrote:
Quote:
Operative-property weapon so that you can go properly Dex-Light Armor/Cha-Soulfire
I get that the damage is still low, but can't you do this now with solar armor and an operative melee weapon?
I believe that Soulfire only goes on crystals.

It does indeed, rendering the fusion completely useless for armor Solarians.


Well, that's annoying.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Some thoughts:

- Vehicle design rules
- Weapon design rules (not actually an unsolvable design problem - just put them a touch behind the power budget for their level, as the cost of being custom-made)
- Something that feels like mechs; power armour is cool, but doesn't fill that space because piloting a mech should be about, well, Piloting
- More support for characters who are invested in crafting, so that crafted items don't always have to be behind the power curve of purchased gear

Sovereign Court

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I would at the very least like rules for raising the item level of weapons.

For example, suppose I have a character that likes to fight with a one-handed hammer. There's one available as a level 1 item, and one as a level 10 item.

Now suppose I'm about level 5, and I would like to put some more fusions on my hammer, but I can't because the item level is too low, and I can't buy the higher-level one yet. (No access and can't afford.)

I would like to be able to raise the weapon's item level, even if it doesn't actually gain better stats, just so that I can add more fusions to it.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Ascalaphus wrote:

I would at the very least like rules for raising the item level of weapons.

For example, suppose I have a character that likes to fight with a one-handed hammer. There's one available as a level 1 item, and one as a level 10 item.

Now suppose I'm about level 5, and I would like to put some more fusions on my hammer, but I can't because the item level is too low, and I can't buy the higher-level one yet. (No access and can't afford.)

I would like to be able to raise the weapon's item level, even if it doesn't actually gain better stats, just so that I can add more fusions to it.

Djezet alloy might help with this scenario a little bit.

Any weapon with metal components, even those that deal only energy damage, can be made of djezet alloy. Such a weapon is considered to be 2 item levels lower when determining which fusion seals can be applied to the weapon, but it is considered to be 2 item levels higher when determining the total level of fusions that can be applied to the weapon.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Such a weapon is considered to be 2 item levels lower when determining which fusion seals can be applied to the weapon"

That means it would be considered a level -1 weapon, so there'd be no fusions at all that you could slap on it.

Djezet on a level 4 weapon would let you put 6 levels worth of fusions on the weapon, but each of them can be no more than a level 4-2=2 fusion.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Ascalaphus wrote:

"Such a weapon is considered to be 2 item levels lower when determining which fusion seals can be applied to the weapon"

That means it would be considered a level -1 weapon, so there'd be no fusions at all that you could slap on it.

Djezet on a level 4 weapon would let you put 6 levels worth of fusions on the weapon, but each of them can be no more than a level 4-2=2 fusion.

Fusions =/= fusion seals. If you use fusions, rather than fusion seals, there really isn't much of a downside.


The way I interpret djezet:

For fusion seals it is two levels lower when determining which fusion seals can be applied. This is clearly intended to save you money because you can put an item level 8 fusion on a level 10 weapon. I assume it effects only the fusion seal, not the level of the underlying fusion. So you could take a 10th level fusion, like Vorpal, and put it on an 8th level fusion seal (which caps cost and item level), and put it on a 10th level djezet weapon (which counts as 8th for purposes of your 8th level seal).

For fusions it only affects the total level of fusions. So you can't put a 10th level Vorpal fusion on an 8th level weapon, but you can put 10 levels of fusions on an 8th level djezet weapon, so long as no individual fusion is more than 8th level.

In neither case do I think you can put a higher level fusion on a lower level weapon because of djezet. It lets you put cheaper (fusion seals) or more (fusion) of what you could normally do, but doesn't let you increase the quality of what you can put on.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ravingdork wrote:
Fun fact: GMs who don't allow flavor-only reskins are missing the point of the game, and usually don't remain GMs for very long.

Funner Fact: The limits of what kind of reflavour is appropriate often vary from game to game, system to system and campaign to campaign. And is also often accepted or not on a case-by-case basis, for instance, you might be allowed to flavour your Masterwork Bastard Sword as a Katana (let's pretend eastern weapons haven't been introduced yet). But not your studded leather to full plate (though gambeson would likely be fine).

More starfinder specific, if you want your lazer pistol to fire physical bullets, then suck it up and buy an auto-pistol. If you want it to shoot schorching rays that's fine.

And you can even GM like this for over half your life!

Anyway, back to topic: I wanna see

Actual support in the rules for dual wielding.

More weapon fusions that are actually useful.

More magic/hybrid items.

Custom weapon&armor rules.

Weapon/armor upgrade rules (including scaling up items without pre-existing upgrades and otherwise just increasing item level).


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Some equivalent to weapon fusions for armour would be cool.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Nerdy Canuck wrote:
Some equivalent to weapon fusions for armour would be cool.

...Armor Upgrades?


Dracomicron wrote:
Nerdy Canuck wrote:
Some equivalent to weapon fusions for armour would be cool.
...Armor Upgrades?

I'd say those are more comparable to weapon accessories.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm struggling to think what they would do that the armor upgrade system doesn't already.


Off hand: limited concealment, teleportation, fortification, protection from flanking, buff/debuff auras, save bonuses...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Nerdy Canuck wrote:
Off hand: limited concealment, teleportation, fortification, protection from flanking, buff/debuff auras, save bonuses...

I mean... there are already armor upgrades that give you:

Mirror image (holodouble module)
Damage to melee attackers (electrostatic field)
Dimension door (teleportation unit)
Displacement (displacement field) [This is concealment]
Move action 20ft radius blind (flashblinders)
Fear suppression (courage module)
Spell resistance (magic resistor)
Invisibility (lightwrap inlay)
Daze, paralyze, stun condition suppression (indomitability module)
Haste (haste circuit)
Any effect generated by a spell ampoule (auto-injector)

I don't think there needs to be a separate enchantment approach to armor, the armor upgrade framework can surely handle things like you suggested.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Some of the armor upgrades are even magical, like the Haste Circuit, the Grim Trophies, and magic items that can double as armor upgrades, like the Dented Kasa.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Yeah, tacking on a new system just seems like it would be a cheat that allows for what are essentially more upgrade slots, and would only serve to devalue armor upgrade slots.

Why would I ever spend the extra credits to get the armor with 4 upgrade slots to fit that haste circuit, when I can get the cheaper 3 upgrade slot armor, and have it enchanted to provide a haste effect?


Dracomicron wrote:
Nerdy Canuck wrote:
Some equivalent to weapon fusions for armour would be cool.
...Armor Upgrades?

OH, this is something I can get behind.


Ravingdork wrote:

Yeah, tacking on a new system just seems like it would be a cheat that allows for what are essentially more upgrade slots, and would only serve to devalue armor upgrade slots.

Why would I ever spend the extra credits to get the armor with 4 upgrade slots to fit that haste circuit, when I can get the cheaper 3 upgrade slot armor, and have it enchanted to provide a haste effect?

Couldn't the same be said of weapon accessories in regard to the weapon fusion system? They don't really occupy the same conceptual space, sure, but the design space certainly overlaps.

Would be important to avoid overlap of functions, though.

201 to 224 of 224 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Starfinder / Starfinder General Discussion / Armory 2 Wishlist All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Starfinder General Discussion