PFS PBP We Be Goblins Too (Inactive)

Game Master Revvy Bitterleaf

Stirge map

Boar Map

Munchmeat Farm


51 to 100 of 183 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

I agree..I was thinking about that..but other then having you just roll multiple times at once and making up a story to go along with it when we know when someone is free is the best I could get up with...In rl it's not so bad..you just roll every few seconds..but in pbp it gonna take days.....

So to speed stuff up..what would everyone's action/plan be if they do manage to escape? Leave the pie, attack an eagle, something else?
And roll like 5 fort save/escape attempts at once.. I'll try to manage - story time the results once I know more, and we'll just move on after that..one way or the other

Chuffy's rolls spoilerd for less spam:

fort save times 5: 5d20 ⇒ (20, 4, 6, 14, 7) = 51
escape artis times 5: 5d20 ⇒ (18, 2, 15, 7, 5) = 47

eagle rolls spoilerd for less spam:

fort saves 4 times 5[/dice: 20d20 ⇒ (11, 19, 13, 14, 12, 7, 12, 9, 12, 16, 17, 8, 6, 13, 8, 11, 12, 11, 17, 5) = 233
attacks 4 times 3 times 5: 60d20 ⇒ (7, 16, 19, 20, 3, 3, 4, 19, 4, 11, 9, 20, 1, 8, 18, 14, 8, 2, 1, 18, 11, 8, 14, 10, 15, 13, 18, 19, 3, 11, 17, 11, 12, 9, 15, 19, 19, 3, 6, 15, 3, 8, 6, 16, 2, 4, 13, 7, 3, 18, 14, 16, 7, 9, 17, 14, 2, 6, 6, 6) = 630

points:
Mogmurch: 4
Reta: 14
Poog: 16
Chuffy: 12

Sovereign Court

Male Human Nerd/7

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
HP13/23
Escape Artist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Escape Artist: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Bite: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Bite: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Rope damage: 5
Mogmurch finally chews through the ropes (after 2 more rounds) and scrambles out of the pie to earn points. The second he's out of the pie, he turns around to lob a bomb back into the pie, hopefully killing all the eagles.
Attack vs. pie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Just aiming for the pie, so the eagles and any allies still inside take 4 splash damage.


Reta's sharp teeth finally manage to bite through the last strands of the rope. Once free, she holds her hands up triumphantly before pulling free her own dogslicer. However, rather than attack the eagles, Reta feels a sudden burst of compassion for her fellow goblins. After all, they helped make Reta Big Hero in old tribe; so maybe they help her again. Reta then moves to help free any goblins who remain tied.


Strength Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Bite: 1d2 ⇒ 2 (Rope Damage 5!)
Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Strength Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Strength Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Strength Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Strength Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Poog thanks Rita, but warns her to run far, Poog with Zarongel will be mighty hero!
FS: 5d20 + 5 ⇒ (5, 19, 2, 12, 6) + 5 = 49
Str Check: 5d20 ⇒ (11, 14, 15, 20, 18) = 78

When he is free, he will channel, twice!
For Zarongel!: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6
And Poog!: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

DC13

Sovereign Court

Male Human Nerd/7

Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 3
HP:0/23
Unless Revvy lets Mogmurch run away in time, then Mogmurch is just about dead.

Scarab Sages

Well to recap;
Mogmurch is out after 2 rounds
Reta is out in 1 and frees Poog in 2
Chuffy is out in round 1

eagle stuff:

Damage:
Eagle 1: 2 0
Eagle 2: 0 0 +1 +1
Eagle 3: 1 0
Eagle 4: 1 0 +1 +1 +1
Chuffy: 4

round 1
Chuffy is the first to free himself from his ropes, seeing the rest of you still tied up and struggling he smiles. Then his smile dissapears as he see's Reta chew through her ropes
round 2
Chuffy then takes a stab at one of the eagles 1d20 ⇒ 17, killing it (5 points) as he sees Mogmurch free himself he decides to go for the big points and move out (10 points)and Reta free's Poog, some of the eagles get burned.
Round 3Mogmurch's free and move out of the pie (5 points)throwing back a bomb saves for the eagles: 4d20 ⇒ (14, 15, 1, 8) = 38 but the explosion doesn't kill all of them followed by Poog channeling once which kills the rest of the eagles - so 5 for mogmurch and 10 for poog . (Going to assume Reta will move out as third so 3 points)

points:
Mogmurch: 14(4+5+5)
Reta: 17(14+3)
Poog: 26 (16+10)
Chuffy: 27 (12+10+5)

Scarab Sages

@Mogmurch, you should be at 10 hp when the dare ends, so your fine

I'm going to assume you're going to use your extracts/spells and natural rest for a night to heal everyone up to full hps before we continue....since you have a day to party, prepare and rest

Chuffy refuses the honor of becoming chieftan..too much pressure for his little head so they give the honor to the runner up ..Poog! Poog be new Chieftan! All Hail Poog.

Poog then makes the rest of you subchieftains.

As promised by Wise Mummy Sprattleharsh, the chieftain gets to wear the Crunchy Crown. This crown is a nonmagical hat, but nonetheless grants a +2 bonus on all Intimidate checks made against Birdcruncher goblins while it’s worn.

In addition, the new chieftain and any subchieftains get to loot the tribe’s treasure chest!!!!.

Tribe's treasure chest:

Treasure: The Birdcrunchers, as it turns out, have a particularly large cache of treasure. There are several items in the large and filthy chest that the you can make use of.
Among the 840 gp in assorted coins, art objects, trophies, jars of pickles, shiny rocks, dented armor fragments, broken dogslicers, and bird parts in various stages of decay are the following items of particular interest: four potions of cure moderate wounds, a potion of fire resistance, a wand of lesser restoration (9 charges), a +1 flaming dogslicer, a Small cloak of elvenkind, a bead of force, a necklace of fireballs (type I), and 5 ounces of sovereign glue.

For the rest of the evening, the Birdcrunchers are in a celebratory mood—they have a new leader, after all!
During this time, the chieftain and subchieftains are the focus of goblin pandemonium. Some of the subjects prostrate themselves before the new leaders, moistening their feet with kisses and runny noses, while others scream and sob and bring gifts of food and offers of goblin frolicking. Goblin after goblin comes forward to try to impress the new leaders—by juggling live stoats, by head-butting stumps, and particularly, by setting things on fire... themselves included.

Going to give you guys some time to celebrate and divide the treasure how you see fit before moving on

Sovereign Court

Male Human Nerd/7

Mogmurch pouts for a little while because he doesn't get to be big chief, but he kinda gets over it when he see's all the treasure. Looking through it, Mogmurch thinks he wants all of it, but he'll settle for the fireball necklace and one of the cure mod. potions.
Who can use the wand or the bead of force since none of us are spellcasters?

Scarab Sages

Poog is a caster (cleric) ..so he should be good for the wand. Pretty sure anyone can throw a bead

Sovereign Court

Male Human Nerd/7
Revvy Bitterleaf wrote:
Poog is a caster (cleric) ..so he should be good for the wand. Pretty sure anyone can throw a bead

Wow, just...wow. Well there's my stupid moment for the day!


give the ranged character the necklace. I will take wand. Each get a potion. Give our rogue the slicer. I already have a cloak. So left is glue and bead of force

Scarab Sages

The next morning Wise Mummy walks up to you.

"New chieftain leave now. Take care of Pa Munchmeat, kill,defeat or drive off....not care. You just take care of him!. You leave now. Be careful there are fire-breathing pigs that breathe fire, and Pa Munchmeat hits hard. He also casts spooky plant spells and has a mean daughter with a pet weasel bigger than a horse, and there might be other monsters living on the farm as well. "

She gives you a crude map of the area that shows the way to Pa Munchmeat’s farm before shooing you on their way, implying (if not outright saying) that you shouldn’t bother returning to the Birdcrunchers until the task is done.


Seth86 wrote:
give the ranged character the necklace. I will take wand. Each get a potion. Give our rogue the slicer. I already have a cloak. So left is glue and bead of force

So, just to make sure:

Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (x4) - Poog, Mogmurch, Chuffy, Reta
Potion of Fire Resistance - ?
Wand of Lesser Restoration - Poog
+1 Flaming Dogslicer - Chuffy (or Reta?)
Cloak of Elvenkind - ?
Bead of Force - ?
Necklace of Fireballs - Mogmurch
Sovereign Glue - ?


I'll take fire resist. =^^=

Sovereign Court

Male Human Nerd/7

Mogmurch did a little research and will take the bead of force now that he knows what it does. I'll also take the glue and the cloak, unless we want to give that to Chuffy. He is the sneaky one after all.

Scarab Sages

Chuffy will take what ever you guys leave, but at least one of the potions..he's still too much in shock from having had to chance to be chieftain to act like a normal greedy goblin

Ready to move on? If so, perception checks from everyone.

Scarab Sages

as you leave the goblin village you follow the instructions given to you when at some point during your travel;

I'll just roll, saves times
Perception Chuffy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Perception Mogmurch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Perception Poog: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Perception Reta: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Piggy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Mogmurch and Reta notices a pig hiding behind a hucklyberry bush a little distance away. It's wearing some sort of leather armor and has a necklace made out of gourds around it's neck

Chuffy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Mogmurch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Poog: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Reta: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Piggy: 1d20 ⇒ 13

init
Surprise round for Mogmurch and Reta
Mogmurch and Reta with normal round
Piggy
Poog and Chuffy

Map updated

Sovereign Court

Male Human Nerd/7

Mogmurch cackles with glee as he moves forward to lob a bomb at the boar. " Are youz one o' the fire-breathing pigz the old crone mentioned? Tellz me your secrets piggy!"
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 2 = 12

Scarab Sages

Not sure what happend with Reta but I'll just NPC her in for now,., sorry for delay

Reta will draw her bow in the surprise round and fire it at the boar in the normal round

To hit boar with a flaming arrow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Arrow damage+flaming: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (6) = 10

Reta hits the boar on the nose with a flaming arrow at the same time as Mogmurch hits it on the head with a bomb.

init
Mogmurch normal attack
Piggy
You guys again

Damage Piggy: 22

Sovereign Court

Male Human Nerd/7

Mogmurch will light up the piggy with an alchemist's fire.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Scarab Sages

Mogmurch sets Piggy's head on fire

Burn damage next round: 1d6 ⇒ 5

The fierce boar rushes forward and breaths fire! in a 15ft cone hitting Chuffy, Poog and Mogmurch for Fire damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11 Reflex save DC12 for half

init:
You guys
Piggy

Damage Piggy: 34


RS: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Poog will cast hold animal DC 14

Scarab Sages

Will save Piggy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The pig stops in it's tracks and just stands there.

Chuffy takes a step forward and delivers a viscious cut to the poor animals defenseless throat (coup-de-grace) killing it.

Out of combat

Scarab Sages

In case you loot the pig:

Leather barding, which is useless for you, but might be sold for profit and a necklace around it's neck 9from which 2 gourds hang)..and if you kill it...all the bacon you can carry.

Just posting this in case you continue on with your journey

After a while you reach the destination marked on the map.

Surrounded by a rickety wooden fence and thick mud, Munchmeat Farm slumps in a soggy valley between two low tors. A slimy-looking creek winds through the farm, which is barely anything to look at. A house in the center of the fenced-in area leans against two hefty buttresses holding up three large beams. It’s balanced on numerous thick log stilts that create a cage-like hollow in the mud below the building.
North of the house are a few filthy chicken coops, and to the west an upturned boat, propped against the fence, has been built into an impromptu shelter. A shed sits to the south of the building, and south and east of this shed are a few tired stretches of garden that look like they’re best at growing mud and weeds.

Map is updated at the top of the page

Let me know what you want to do and how you want to approach this

Sovereign Court

Male Human Nerd/7

Reflex save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
HP:18/23
Mogmurch will exam the gourds as he tears into the delicious bacon that he's just made.
As they approach the frams, Mogmurch turns to the others and says "Let's sneaks in from under the boats. We catches themz off guard that wayz."

Scarab Sages

After some experimenting Mogmurch is able to find out:

Gourd of Fire Burping:

Gourd of Fire Burping
Price 250 gp
Aura faint
evocation
CL 4th
Slot none
Weight —
A lesser version of the elixir of fire breath,a gourd of fire burping can
be imbibed as a normal elixir or, in the case of a user with a large enough mouth and low enough standards, be completely consumed in one crunchy gulp. Once the user has consumed the gourd, she can immediately expel a belch of fire in a 15-foot cone, dealing 2d6 points of fire damage
to all creatures in the area. A successful DC 12 Reflex save halves the damage. If the user elects not to use the fire breath at once, she can store the breath for up to an hour before it dissipates

Sovereign Court

Male Human Nerd/7

Through a mouthful of bacon, Mogmurch screams in glee "Fire! Gourds of fires! Mogmurch must fine the plant from which these grows!!!"


"Mogmurch make more bacon with fire belches?" Reta saunters up beside the alchemist and tears herself off a piece. After all, she helped cook it, too!

Looking over the area, all full of nice dry wood, Reta envision the glorious bonfire it could make. "Why you not set whole place on fire? Then we eat bacon and watch burn. If ogre come out, we stick and cut and burn him good."

Scarab Sages

Setting stuff on fire is a valid goblin tactic....so how do you want to go about it? Just throwing a burning stick over the fence won't do it ;)

Sovereign Court

Male Human Nerd/7

After thinking about it, Mogmurch shakes his head and says "No, that not might works so much. What's we should do is crawl underneath house and sets it on fires! That killz ogres for sures!"

Scarab Sages

Going to give you some time to argue..so let me know what you guys decide on


Poog grabs some bacon for himself as well.
Just make sure no other nasties in other buildings or under ogre hut first

Scarab Sages

The general idea seems to be to try to get to the underside of the main house, check it out and then try to set it on fire..right? You can go through the open gate (1) past some sheds(2) or, climb over the fence and go for some sheds (4) go past the upturned boat (3)(

Sovereign Court

Male Human Nerd/7

I vote for going under the upturned boat. It seems sneakier.

Scarab Sages

Upturned boat it is

An upturned boat, an old river barge by the look of it, sits in the mud here. The boat’s stern has been built into the fence, and a large hole has been smashed in the southern side to provide entrance to the dark hollow created by the hull.

DC 10 perception check:
You hear some loud snoring and grunting from inside the boat..as well as an occasional squeel

Scarab Sages

..so anyone want to do anyhing?

Sovereign Court

Male Human Nerd/7

Mogmurch will move up to the Southern edge of the boat and peer through.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Scarab Sages

You see a massively obese and lazy pig who spends her days eating and sleeping, wedged against the only entrance to the sty. Around her neck is a cord with a few gourds on it. Behind her is a another pig. This one is a moody, depressed,and particularly filthy pig which reminds you a lot of Squealy Nord.

DC 15 wisdom check:
Not only does it remind you of Squealy Nord, it in fact _is_ Squealy Nord

Sovereign Court

Male Human Nerd/7

Wisdom check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Mogmurch just sees more bacon.


Poog weighs his options
Wisdom of Zorengel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Wisdom of Zorengel GM reroll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Oi oi! Dat piggy id our piggy!

Scarab Sages

The huge boar keeps snoring away happily while Squealy Nord snort and oinks with happiness as he sees you.


Reta grins viciously as she the group finds another pig fast asleep. Pointing towards the sleeping piggy, Reta draws a line across her throat with a thumb. Reta is anxious to slash and cut and burn. One can never have too much bacon.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Nerd/7

Mogmurch also grins at Reta's indication. With a quick glance at Chuffy, he motions for him to lead the way. Chuffy always did seem to do lots of sneaky damage.


Poog just makes sure that their piggy doesnt die, other piggy can be bacon for Goblin chief and fellow goblin heros!

Scarab Sages

Chuffy sneaks forward, trying to not wake up the sleeping pig: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29
When he get's there he sticks his dogslicer into the pigs throat and really leans into it with all his weight

Coup-de-grace: 2d4 - 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) - 2 + (6, 1) = 9

Fort save for the boar DC 19: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

The boar dies without ever getting a chance to do anything.
Chuffy notices something hanging around her neck and takes it off. It's a piece of cord with 2 gourds hanging from it.

DC 20 Perception:
Under all the mud and filth here you notice a potion in a rusty iron flask, a Small very shiney crossbow with some pig teeth marks on the stock, and a bronze scroll case containing a scroll

What do you want to do now?

Sovereign Court

Male Human Nerd/7

Mogmurch will make his way underneath the boat and peer out onto the farm, looking for enemies.
Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Scarab Sages

Mogmurch does not see any immediate enemies. He sees some movement on the roof of the house..by some large bird. And there's a lot of chickens around.

Where do you want to go now?


Reta sidles up alongside Mogmurch and points towards the house. "We go?" Reta was anxious to burn and cut things.

Scarab Sages

Going to wait to see if at least someone else also wants to go to the house next

51 to 100 of 183 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS PBP We Be Goblins Too All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.