Druid: Wild Shape Feat


Skills, Feats, Equipment & Spells

Scarab Sages

I'm trying to figure out what forms this feat allows. It doesn't seem to alter the 1st level Druid's stats in any way. That comes later with Animal Form Feat. But there doesn't seem to be any limitation on size or duration of the Power.

"You are one with the wild, always changing and adapting to meet any challenge. You gain a pool of wild energy, called your wild shape pool, with 1 use that you can use to cast a spell to shift your form; if you have at least four wild order feats, increase your pool to 2 uses. You can spend a use of your wild shape pool to cast pest form. All spells
you cast using Wild Shape function as if heightened to the maximum spell level you can cast,
unless stated otherwise.
Special If you are a druid of the wild order, you instead gain a number of uses of Wild Shape equal to your Strength modifier (minimum 1), and an additional use if you have at
least four wild order feats". PF2 PT Core


Cole Cummings wrote:

I'm trying to figure out what forms this feat allows. It doesn't seem to alter the 1st level Druid's stats in any way. That comes later with Animal Form Feat. But there doesn't seem to be any limitation on size or duration of the Power.

"You are one with the wild, always changing and adapting to meet any challenge. You gain a pool of wild energy, called your wild shape pool, with 1 use that you can use to cast a spell to shift your form; if you have at least four wild order feats, increase your pool to 2 uses. You can spend a use of your wild shape pool to cast pest form. All spells
you cast using Wild Shape function as if heightened to the maximum spell level you can cast,
unless stated otherwise.
Special If you are a druid of the wild order, you instead gain a number of uses of Wild Shape equal to your Strength modifier (minimum 1), and an additional use if you have at
least four wild order feats". PF2 PT Core

Scarab Sages

Blave wrote:
Cole Cummings wrote:

I'm trying to figure out what forms this feat allows. It doesn't seem to alter the 1st level Druid's stats in any way. That comes later with Animal Form Feat. But there doesn't seem to be any limitation on size or duration of the Power.

"You are one with the wild, always changing and adapting to meet any challenge. You gain a pool of wild energy, called your wild shape pool, with 1 use that you can use to cast a spell to shift your form; if you have at least four wild order feats, increase your pool to 2 uses. You can spend a use of your wild shape pool to cast pest form. All spells
you cast using Wild Shape function as if heightened to the maximum spell level you can cast,
unless stated otherwise.
Special If you are a druid of the wild order, you instead gain a number of uses of Wild Shape equal to your Strength modifier (minimum 1), and an additional use if you have at
least four wild order feats". PF2 PT Core

OOOhhhh!! Never heard of Pest Form. Thanks

Grand Lodge

Yeah, but pest form is a lvl 2 spell. And also, PEST FORM?! So, i can turn into a house cat... Great :/


What guards would watch their words in the presence of a house cat?

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
james014Aura wrote:
What guards would watch their words in the presence of a house cat?

A smart one? XD


james014Aura wrote:
What guards would watch their words in the presence of a house cat?

Yeah, but the duration is too short for any kind of eavesdropping.


Cole Cummings wrote:

I'm trying to figure out what forms this feat allows. It doesn't seem to alter the 1st level Druid's stats in any way. That comes later with Animal Form Feat. But there doesn't seem to be any limitation on size or duration of the Power.

"You are one with the wild, always changing and adapting to meet any challenge. You gain a pool of wild energy, called your wild shape pool, with 1 use that you can use to cast a spell to shift your form; if you have at least four wild order feats, increase your pool to 2 uses. You can spend a use of your wild shape pool to cast pest form. All spells
you cast using Wild Shape function as if heightened to the maximum spell level you can cast,
unless stated otherwise.
Special If you are a druid of the wild order, you instead gain a number of uses of Wild Shape equal to your Strength modifier (minimum 1), and an additional use if you have at
least four wild order feats". PF2 PT Core

I made an account just to chime in and say--this confused us, too. Would it be possible to standardize how SPs are gained through feats?

For example, if you take 2 Wild Shape feats, you gain +1 SP. Or, if you take 2 feats related to Sneaky Arcane Crossbow Sniping, you get +1 SP. That way, the gainage would be standardized, and different classes would not have different rules for SP gain.


thorin001 wrote:
james014Aura wrote:
What guards would watch their words in the presence of a house cat?
Yeah, but the duration is too short for any kind of eavesdropping.

Until level 10 anyway. Form Control.

Or just use the cat form to get close, then hide behind a pillar or wall or something. Nothing humanoid could have gotten there, right?

Grand Lodge

Cats are the new wolf/bear?

Community / Forums / Archive / Pathfinder / Playtests & Prerelease Discussions / Pathfinder Playtest / Player Rules / Skills, Feats, Equipment & Spells / Druid: Wild Shape Feat All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Skills, Feats, Equipment & Spells