Printer Friendly Character Sheet Query from a GM who does the printing...


Doomsday Dawn Game Master Feedback


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Please can the playtest pack be updated with a printer friendly version of the character sheet - i.e. plain white background rather then the papyrus colour like background.

Although the coloured one looks fab, it's very hard on my pocket to print these for my group. This will save me a fortune in ink/toner.

I wont be printing quite so many tracking sheets, so I can live with that one.

A very, very many thanks in advance.


Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Yes, please, please.

I want both the tracking sheets and the character sheets to available in black-and-white design, not something that requires a lot of grayscale or color to print.

Scarab Sages

if you PM me I can help you out


Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Check your PMs.

The 'new PM' notifications are borked.


Anthony Adam wrote:

Please can the playtest pack be updated with a printer friendly version of the character sheet - i.e. plain white background rather then the papyrus colour like background.

Although the coloured one looks fab, it's very hard on my pocket to print these for my group. This will save me a fortune in ink/toner.

I wont be printing quite so many tracking sheets, so I can live with that one.

A very, very many thanks in advance.

Can you explain the why a bit better? I print stuff for all of my games, (including note cards for equipment). I just hit the save ink/toner box on the print screen and print on black and white. This is from the standard free version of adobe reader.

I’m just curious if you’re using a different pdf reader or what the issue is.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vaku wrote:


Can you explain the why a bit better? I print stuff for all of my games, (including note cards for equipment). I just hit the save ink/toner box on the print screen and print on black and white. This is from the standard free version of adobe reader.

I’m just curious if you’re using a different pdf reader or what the issue is.

It has nothing to do with the pdf reader first off, the pdf is the pdf. It's no different from printing a scan of the physical book if you have it.

It comes down to the fact that since there is a bunch of "texture: going on in the "background" of the sheet, the printer has to print that, which requires more ink/toner.

A printer friendly version (i.e. without the textured background) would save even more ink/toner than asking your printer to save on ink/toner as, well... there'd be less to print and therefore less to waste ink/toner on in the first place.


Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Chris' sheets are terrific.

I just printed out my first set of character sheets for my playtest characters.

Thanks, Chris!


Xelaaredn wrote:
Vaku wrote:


Can you explain the why a bit better? I print stuff for all of my games, (including note cards for equipment). I just hit the save ink/toner box on the print screen and print on black and white. This is from the standard free version of adobe reader.

I’m just curious if you’re using a different pdf reader or what the issue is.

It has nothing to do with the pdf reader first off, the pdf is the pdf. It's no different from printing a scan of the physical book if you have it.

It comes down to the fact that since there is a bunch of "texture: going on in the "background" of the sheet, the printer has to print that, which requires more ink/toner.

A printer friendly version (i.e. without the textured background) would save even more ink/toner than asking your printer to save on ink/toner as, well... there'd be less to print and therefore less to waste ink/toner on in the first place.

I understand what you are saying, but for me, it’s negligible. Now, without the two of us sitting down and comparing our sheets, I don’t think there’s anyway we could fully understand how much or how little the background affects the other.

In my instance, saving ink/toner (the pdf setting) and printing on a laser printer, the background is 96% white. That 4% only has a very negligible effect on my toner usage.

Again, though, I can understand that we both have very different situations and set ups, which is why I was curious as to what your set up was.

Community / Forums / Archive / Pathfinder / Playtests & Prerelease Discussions / Pathfinder Playtest / Playtest Feedback / Doomsday Dawn Game Master Feedback / Printer Friendly Character Sheet Query from a GM who does the printing... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Doomsday Dawn Game Master Feedback