Eye of the ten - If a player leaves the game


Pathfinder Society


We are at the second part of eye of ten, and a player can not play because he goes to live at another city. What can the other players do?

Dark Archive 5/5 ⦵⦵ Venture-Captain, Germany—Rhein Main South aka schattenstern

The best solution would be to finish it online. There are no pregens and the possiblilty of another player being able to join is next to 0.

Silver Crusade 5/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.

How many players do you still have? Its not all that difficult (there has been a LOT of power creep) so you'll likely do fine with 1 less character.

Grand Lodge 5/5 Venture-Captain, Arizona—Phoenix aka TriOmegaZero

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I would recommend a remote gaming solution to try and finish out. Even if your player cannot continue participating, there are a number of other players who could step in to fill the gap.

5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

1 person marked this as a favorite.

for the players playing online

for the DM


Paul Jackson wrote:
How many players do you still have? Its not all that difficult (there has been a LOT of power creep) so you'll likely do fine with 1 less character.

We were 5.


Alexander Lenz wrote:
The best solution would be to finish it online. There are no pregens and the possiblilty of another player being able to join is next to 0.

And if are there players who refuse to play online?

Silver Crusade 5/5

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Haldhur wrote:
Paul Jackson wrote:
How many players do you still have? Its not all that difficult (there has been a LOT of power creep) so you'll likely do fine with 1 less character.
We were 5.

Unless the now absent player had an absolutely critical role you'll probably do ok with just 4. That was (in theory) the size of the group that the initial adventure was aimed at. And there has been substantial power creep since then.

You might have to spend more consumables to compensate for the lack of <whatever the 5th brought to the table> but you'll probably be fine

YourMileageMayVary, NotResponsibleForTPKsCausedByThis, etc

Shadow Lodge

To my understanding, you don't need to play Eyes of the Ten with the same party in every scenario, just like other PFS scenarios. Your character must play them in order, and they can't play anything else until they finish the series, but your fifth player leaving won't stop the rest of the party from continuing, and that player can jump in with another group starting part two. Likewise, you could also have a new player join the existing party, so long as that character can otherwise legally play that scenario (i.e., they've finished part one and no more).

The only reason that that doesn't happen more often is because it isn't run that often, and the special rules surrounding it just makes it easier to run the whole thing with the same group.

5/5 ⦵⦵⦵

Can you telepresence the one guy in?

Community / Forums / Organized Play / Pathfinder Society / Eye of the ten - If a player leaves the game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.