|Gary Bush Venture-Captain, Nebraska—Omaha|
|Ascalaphus Venture-Lieutenant, Netherlands—Leiden|
Would have to double check but I'm fairly confident there is a clause in The Guide that allows a GM to insert one of the pre-gens to fill out the table if the only other option is to turn away people.
Yes. To be precise:
- The minimum table size is 4; at least 4 PCs go on an adventure.
- At least 3 players need to be present.
- If you have 3 players you can add a pregen to reach the legal table size. This pregen should be in-tier if at all possible.
- Another way to reach legal table size is to add players who've played the scenario before.
Replaying a scenario to make the table legal doesn't cost you a star replay, but you also don't get any credit for it (no gold, PP, XP, boons or item access). You do get a chronicle sheet so that you can note down money spent etc.
(You could spend a star to replay as normal of course.)
- The rule for adding replayers to reach minimum table size is a bit ambiguous; it can refer to adding a 3rd player, to adding a 4th PC, or it can apply to both. I think it should apply to both, but I could be wrong; maybe it only applies to the "third warm body at the table".