Skitter Shot (Free RPG Day 2018)


Starfinder Society

51 to 100 of 125 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge 4/5 5/55/55/55/5 **** Venture-Captain, Minnesota

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Thurston Hillman wrote:
Sanctioning document should now be live!

Awesome Sauce!

: Scurries off to check! :

EDITED to ADD:

Rules & Chronicles

Skittermander Pregens

People are going to go nuts for the boon on that chronicle sheet, Thursty! It should provide a nice impetus to get people to step up and GM too -- not that we've had a problem with that in either of my lodges.

Hmm

*

It seems there is a small error in the character sheets. The attack bonuses of tactical batons and survival knifes are wrong because they are operative weapons and should use the Dex bonus.

Sovereign Court 4/5 5/55/55/55/5 **** Venture-Agent, Georgia—Atlanta

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thurston Hillman wrote:
Sanctioning document should now be live!

And an Awesome chronicle sheet it is, sir.

Silver Crusade 4/5 5/55/55/5 RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

1 person marked this as a favorite.

(I realize this isn't going to happen, but...)

Is there any way we can get access to the .pdf? I'd like to print out the maps and a scan is less than ideal (also I need to manually remove the map keys).

Grand Lodge 4/5 5/55/5 ** Venture-Lieutenant, Florida—Melbourne

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well, certainly a .pdf copy of the maps would be nice.

1/5 5/55/55/55/5

Starfinder Superscriber

I agree, though I'm assuming that can't happen at this late time so I'm thinking about drafting my own copy in Inkscape.

Dark Archive 4/5 5/55/5 **** Regional Venture-Coordinator, Massachusetts—North Shore

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Does this give a gm boxes towards the boon if they run it on Saturday.

Dark Archive 5/5

Thurston Hillman wrote:
Sanctioning document should now be live!

Is their any sanctioning docs for the PFRPG We Be Super Goblins? Looking to run it as well as SKitter Shot at a local store on 6/16

Dark Archive 5/5 5/55/5 *

GM DarkDante wrote:
Thurston Hillman wrote:
Sanctioning document should now be live!
Is their any sanctioning docs for the PFRPG We Be Super Goblins? Looking to run it as well as SKitter Shot at a local store on 6/16

There is - try searching for 'We be 5uper Goblins'

(Note that its 5-uper, not S-uper)

Shadow Lodge 4/5 5/55/55/55/5 ****

GreySector wrote:

(I realize this isn't going to happen, but...)

Is there any way we can get access to the .pdf? I'd like to print out the maps and a scan is less than ideal (also I need to manually remove the map keys).

I've been working at this for a little bit myself, but if you're further along than I, I'd happily stop squinting at pixels :P

Silver Crusade 5/5 5/55/5 **** Venture-Captain, Germany—Bavaria

Thurston Hillman wrote:
Sanctioning document should now be live!

Hey Thursty, nice to see the document online, could you clarify a couple of questions I and others GMs will be asked?

- If a player has several instances of this boon (from GMing, playing) does that person get a checkmark on every iteration of this boon?

- Compared to other boons, this one does not have enough space to list the instances where those checkmarks were earned (though I will personally add a list to the back for myself and suggest a similar practice to my players)
How is a GM/organizer supposed to know that the player has not played a particular scenario before - without assuming intentional cheating I have seen players who can get confused when it comes to what they have played, particularly when the question becomes, have I played this one and gotten a stamp.
Depending on the answer to my first question the query becomes: Have I played this one before and gotten a checkmark in this instance of the boon.

- The boon does not seem to discriminate, but do GMs really get a stamp for every table of SFS/PFS/PFS playtest or is this supposed to be limited to SFS?

EDIT: Also since this is an unsecured pdf, are we allowed to fix the statblock errors before we hand them out?

Paizo Employee 5/5 Starfinder Society Developer

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Starfinder Society is indepentant campaign. It is tracked seperatetly from all other campaigns.

For more intuitive tracking, the backside of the Chronicle sheet is blank.

Shadow Lodge 4/5 5/55/55/55/5 ****

Sebastian Hirsch wrote:
Thurston Hillman wrote:
Sanctioning document should now be live!

Hey Thursty, nice to see the document online, could you clarify a couple of questions I and others GMs will be asked?

- If a player has several instances of this boon (from GMing, playing) does that person get a checkmark on every iteration of this boon?

This one I can help with - it's hidden in the middle, but:

chronicle sheet wrote:
If you have multiple copies of this Chronicle sheet, you can only check boxes on one copy at a time.

My only question is the same as Lucas's a few posts above this one.

Silver Crusade 5/5 5/55/5 **** Venture-Captain, Germany—Bavaria

Mike Bramnik wrote:
Sebastian Hirsch wrote:
Thurston Hillman wrote:
Sanctioning document should now be live!

Hey Thursty, nice to see the document online, could you clarify a couple of questions I and others GMs will be asked?

- If a player has several instances of this boon (from GMing, playing) does that person get a checkmark on every iteration of this boon?

This one I can help with - it's hidden in the middle, but:

chronicle sheet wrote:
If you have multiple copies of this Chronicle sheet, you can only check boxes on one copy at a time.
My only question is the same as Lucas's a few posts above this one.

Yeah sorry about that one kinda missed that text, I should not read boons this early in the morning.

5/55/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Lucas Servideo wrote:
Does this give a gm boxes towards the boon if they run it on Saturday.

Humm... My read is that GM's don't get any tracker credits for their first game. However, if you were to run the scenario a second time, you would.

Skitter Shot Chronicle wrote:
You can apply this Chronicle sheet to a character in order to earn the associated XP, Fame, Reputation and Credits granted by this adventure. In addition to this, you can begin filling out the following trackable boon.

I believe that's what the boon stipulations are saying here - that you only get credits after the chronicle has been applied.

4/5 5/55/55/55/5

6 people marked this as a favorite.

I am delighted to advise that for the first time in the history of Free RPG Day here in Sydney (Australia) that the kits have all arrived with ample time to prep.

As a result, we have been able to liaise with a bunch of participating stores and scramble a crack team of GM's to go and run a bunch of well-prepared scenarios.

I'm quite delighted!

Sovereign Court 4/5 5/55/55/55/5 **** Venture-Agent, Georgia—Atlanta

Shifty wrote:

I am delighted to advise that for the first time in the history of Free RPG Day here in Sydney (Australia) that the kits have all arrived with ample time to prep.

As a result, we have been able to liaise with a bunch of participating stores and scramble a crack team of GM's to go and run a bunch of well-prepared scenarios.

I'm quite delighted!

Have a great time, Shifty!

4/5 5/55/55/55/5

4 people marked this as a favorite.

It's great!

What is even better is that it looks like we will be gaining one more FLGS for ongoing PFS/SFS as they are super keen to host us now as a regular venue.

Grand Lodge 4/5 5/55/55/55/5 **** Venture-Captain, Minnesota

Yay! I like hearing happy news like this!

Hmm

Sczarni 5/5 5/55/5 ***

After GMing the slot zero for other GMs who will be running it tomorrow, I recommend typing up a page per Pregen that explains their abilities. I just finished with the Mystic and will hopefully have the others done tonight.

Otherwise I anticipate lots of questions such as, "What does Hyper do?", and explaining that the Mystic's battlestaff has the Block feature, etc.

4/5 5/55/55/55/5

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Just finishing our FreeRPG day sessions now.

Skittershot and WBG5 were great!

(and we now have an additional venue as they want us back)

Shadow Lodge 4/5 5/55/55/55/5 ****

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Nefreet wrote:

After GMing the slot zero for other GMs who will be running it tomorrow, I recommend typing up a page per Pregen that explains their abilities. I just finished with the Mystic and will hopefully have the others done tonight.

Otherwise I anticipate lots of questions such as, "What does Hyper do?", and explaining that the Mystic's battlestaff has the Block feature, etc.

Jen McTeague did this and posted a link to them in the GM Discussion thread for Skitter Shot prep. Hope that helps!

Sovereign Court 4/5 5/55/55/55/5 **** Venture-Agent, Georgia—Atlanta

We ran one We Be Super Goblins and two Skitter Shots. It was great fun!

Silver Crusade 4/5 5/55/55/5 RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The closest venue to me ran three sessions of Skitter Shot and two sessions of We Be 5uper Goblins (two tables in each slot, unfortunately the morning slot of Goblins didn't make).

I ran both of them in the bookend slots and played Skitter Shot in the middle slot.

Dark Archive 4/5 5/5 *

Can the boxes on the Skitter Shot chronicle be checked of retroactively, the same way as on the Alien Archives boon sheet?

Paizo Employee 5/5 Starfinder Society Developer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
dzdinmb wrote:
Can the boxes on the Skitter Shot chronicle be checked of retroactively, the same way as on the Alien Archives boon sheet?

No. It is only active upon receipt and for use with subsequent scenarios.

Sczarni 5/5

Hey Thursty quick question, for the Skitter Shot boon do you not get credit for your first run-through of Skitter Shot or all your run throughs of Skitter Shot? Like if I played it and then ran Skitter Shot would I get 2 boxes or none?

Sovereign Court 4/5 5/55/55/55/5 **** Venture-Agent, Georgia—Atlanta

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sid De Squid wrote:
Hey Thursty quick question, for the Skitter Shot boon do you not get credit for your first run-through of Skitter Shot or all your run throughs of Skitter Shot? Like if I played it and then ran Skitter Shot would I get 2 boxes or none?

I am not Thursty, but the boon reads

Skitter Shot Chronicle Sheet wrote:
1 box for playing 4 hours of quests, a scenario, or a 16-page module (not including this one)

Therefore, you cannot get credit for playing Skitter Shot.

However, the GM portion does not have that same language
Skitter Shot Chronicle Sheet wrote:
2 boxes for GMing 4 hours of quests, a scenario, or a 16-page module.

So you can get 2-3 checks for running after you have gained it.

1/5 5/55/55/55/5

Starfinder Superscriber

Can you? Because you can only fill out boxes for games you run after you receive the sheet.

Of course, you could run it multiple times but a scenario only counts once on the sheet...

Liberty's Edge 3/5 5/5 **** Venture-Captain, Nebraska—Omaha

Arc Riley wrote:

Can you? Because you can only fill out boxes for games you run after you receive the sheet.

Of course, you could run it multiple times but a scenario only counts once on the sheet...

Yes you can because of the line "...you have not previously received credit on this boon..."

So you GM it to get the first chronicle. GM it again to mark 2 (or 3 depending) boxes. You would not get a second chronicle for GMing a second time because it is not an evergreen.

You could not GM, then play, then GM again to get more boxes checked. Either play for 1 box or GM again for 2(or 3) boxes.

Dark Archive 1/5 5/5

Actually, according to the text, even if you get it for GMing first, you can't get a box for playing it.

Sovereign Court 4/5 5/55/55/55/5 **** Venture-Agent, Georgia—Atlanta

World of Dim Light wrote:
Actually, according to the text, even if you get it for GMing first, you can't get a box for playing it.

Exactly.

Liberty's Edge 3/5 5/5 **** Venture-Captain, Nebraska—Omaha

World of Dim Light wrote:
Actually, according to the text, even if you get it for GMing first, you can't get a box for playing it.

I am not reading it that way.

Boon Text:
Each time you play (with any character or GM an adventure for which you have not previously received credit on this boon, your GM or event organizer should stamp, sigh, or otherwise mark off one of the boxes below, regardless of how man sessions it takes to complete the adventure. You cannot earn credit from a particular adventure (even repeatable) more than once. If you have multiple copies of this Chronicle sheet, you can only check boxes on one copy of a time.

The credit the text is referring to is on the boon, not credit for running table and the reward associated with that.

I read it the following way.

GM the adventure, earn the chronicle and apply to a character, lets call it Dave. Do not get credit on the chronicle for the boon, but get credit as normal for running an adventure.

GM the adventure again. Since it is not repeatable, you can't earn a new chronicle but you do earn credit on Dave's chronicle and you get table credit towards your Nova. You can do this because you do not have credit for Skitter Shot on Dave's boon. Now you can no longer get credit on Dave's chronicle.

Now you play Skitter Shot and earn a chronicle for a second character, lets call it Sue. You can then GM Skitter Shot again and earn credit on Sue's boon but not on Dave's.

That is how I read it. Where am I wrong?

Sovereign Court 4/5 5/55/55/55/5 **** Venture-Agent, Georgia—Atlanta

@Gary After you completely fill out Dave’s boon, you can absolutely GM Skitter Shot again and get credit on Sue’s boon.

Liberty's Edge 3/5 5/5 **** Venture-Captain, Nebraska—Omaha

I am not sure you have to wait but I have not really thought about it.

But the discussion is able getting credit on Dave's boon for GMing a second time.

Super jealous of that 3rd nova. Congrats.

Sovereign Court 4/5 5/55/55/55/5 **** Venture-Agent, Georgia—Atlanta

Thanks! I think Shadius earned his before I did.

Skitter Shot Chronicle Sheet wrote:
You cannot earn credit from a particular adventure (even repeatable) more than once.

I take this to mean that you cannot GM or play the same thing twice and get credit (on the same chronicle).

Liberty's Edge 3/5 5/5 **** Venture-Captain, Nebraska—Omaha

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Right but I read it for the copy of the Chronicle. If you two. Gm and player, you can get credit for the adventure.

I agree you cannot get boon credit for the same adventure on the boon. You can get credit once, either player or GM.

But you can get boom credit if you GM a second table on a Chronicle that was earned from an earlier run.

Liberty's Edge 5/5 5/5 *** Venture-Lieutenant, Indiana—Martinsville

Thursty, this is not an Evergreen like it would be in PFS?

1/5 5/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

...batteries...


Gary Bush wrote:
World of Dim Light wrote:
Actually, according to the text, even if you get it for GMing first, you can't get a box for playing it.
I am not reading it that way.

a 16-page module (not including this one)

The part between brackets to me sounds like as a player you can never gain a credit marked on the boon for this specific 16-page module.

Paizo Employee 5/5 Starfinder Society Developer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Hillis Mallory III wrote:
Thursty, this is not an Evergreen like it would be in PFS?

It is not.

Liberty's Edge 3/5 5/5 **** Venture-Captain, Nebraska—Omaha

allvaldr wrote:
Gary Bush wrote:
World of Dim Light wrote:
Actually, according to the text, even if you get it for GMing first, you can't get a box for playing it.
I am not reading it that way.

a 16-page module (not including this one)

The part between brackets to me sounds like as a player you can never gain a credit marked on the boon for this specific 16-page module.

Yea I see what you are saying now. It does appear that a player can never get boon credit even if it is on a Chronicle that was earned as a GM. I hope that is not intentional.

But the "powers that be" have posted in the thread and not made any statement of correction.

So I guess a player can not get credit for boon even if they earned it by running it.

That's for helping me get this into my thick head.

1/5 5/55/55/55/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Starfinder Superscriber
Hillis Mallory III wrote:
Thursty, this is not an Evergreen like it would be in PFS?

Starfinder doesn't have a thing called "Evergreen". We have "Repeatable" scenarios and modules.

Evergreen has different rules, using the term in regard to SFS causes confusion with people who mistakenly believe Pathfinder rules on replaying scenarios apply to Starfinder.

Specifically, believing they can play Quests: Into the Unknown with a level 2 PC "because I haven't played Quests with a level 2 PC before" or that they cannot play #1-01: The Confirmation with a level 2 PC because they already played it at level 2.

But yea, Skitter Shot is not repeatable.

3/5 5/55/55/5 *** Venture-Lieutenant, Ohio—Dayton

Wei Ji the Learner wrote:
...batteries...

Wait... Were you at my table Sunday afternoon? Does the battery taste purple?

5/55/5

Ran it last night through roll20. The scenario was fun and I had a great time running it (other than some technical issues). We had a group of 6 with two Dakoyos and two Nakos. I recommend it, overall.

Critiques:

1. The mystic felt kind of wasted. He didn't have stabilize (which came up, twice), and Mind Thrust was useless against all of the combatants except the shadow-creepers because of mind-affecting immunities. For most of the combats, they just cast Telekinetic Projectile over and over again. My players didn't seem to mind, but I would have hated that had it been my first time playing the game. In the shadow-creeper fight, they were the only one with mysticism, so they spent that combat trying to disable the statues. He also didn't have a good role for Starship Combat other than Captain and I ended up with a group of 6 and two of these guys. It probably would have fixed a lot to make Dakoyo a Star Shaman instead of a Healer.

2. The only character with either computers or engineering was Quonx, and since we only had one of her (and noone wanted to play her, one of the players did out of pity). Most of the scenario would have been undoable without them. Could have given Gazigaz Computers and Nako Engineering and it would have solved this. It also led to issues during starship combat as we couldn't fill both the Engineer and Science officer role. That would have been normal for a table of four, but with a table of 6 we ended up with one of the Mystics being unable to participate at all.

3. It wasn't immediately clear that the tables in the spa were essentially traps and not combatants. Everyone in the group rushed to start attacking them with weapons. I treated them like animated objects and let them destroy them that way (assuming rule of cool), but I felt like I was bending the rules doing so.

4. The last run in the 'ducts' was all Int checks for a group of characters that all have int penalties. I had to struggle to impart the seriousness of the implied time limit while also having to deal with 5 people rolling 4's over and over again for several rounds.

5. The starship combat was pretty lopsided. After a couple lucky rolls my guys did over half the hull points of the Nova witch in a single round. I was okay with this, because we were already into hour 4 and I already felt bad about one of the players not having anything to do so I just had the pirates run away the next round and the group took pot shots at it til it was off the map, but I felt a bit odd doing it. It was my first time running starship combat and I really wanted it to feel epic. But I just ran away after two rounds and it was over before it began, which left me disappointed.

I was running it for SFS, so I couldn't make any changes to the scenario, but if I were going to run it again as a home game, I'd switch Dakoyo to a Star Shaman (with piloting instead of sense motive, stabilize instead of token spell, magic missile instead of mind thrust), switch Nako to having engineering instead of survival, and switch Gazigaz to have computers instead of stealth.

Liberty's Edge 2/5 5/5

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The pregens are badly optimized for space combat.

Sczarni 5/5 5/55/5 ***

But their ship is twice the Tier of the other, so it works out.

5/55/5

But if you have more than 5 and the 6th isn't a spare Quonx, the 6th is going to have nothing to do because they aren't built the way a crew would be built.

Sczarni 5/5 5/55/5 ***

The Module's only built for 4.

51 to 100 of 125 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Organized Play / Starfinder Society / Skitter Shot (Free RPG Day 2018) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.