What languages are spoken on each pact world?


General Discussion

Scarab Sages

So, I was having trouble making starting characters because remembering which languages go where was difficult. And unfortunately, the Pact worlds boom didn’t clear that up too much. So, let’s see if we can list a world and the most common languages with it, just as a reference.

Burning archepellago: Common (Ignan? Celestial?)
Aballon: (???)
Castrovel: Castrovellian, Elven, Gnomish, (Formian?)
Absolom station: Common, (Goblin?) Many others?
Akiton: Common, Akitonian, Ysoki
Vericies: Common, Vercite
Idari: Kasatha
Diaspora: Sarcesian, Common, (dwarven?)
Eox: Eoxian, (Elbarian?)
Triaxus: Common, Draconic, (Ryphorian?)
Liavra, Bretheda: Brathu
Apostate: Drow, Orc, Abyssal
Aucturn: ????


VampByDay wrote:


Aballon: (???)

Obviously, they speak the binary language of moisture vaporators.

Scarab Sages

Ashcroffte wrote:
VampByDay wrote:


Aballon: (???)
Obviously, they speak the binary language of moisture vaporators.

Thanks for that. (eyeroll) :P


According to the Alien Archive, the Anacites of Aballon speak Common and 'Shortwave'(telepathy for techno constructs).


Burning Archipelago: coloninized by Sarenites, so likely Common
Aballon: Common, Shortwave
Castrovel: Castrovellian
Absolom Station: Common
Akiton: Akitonian
Vericies: Vercite
Idari: Kasatha
Diaspora: Sarcesian for the ‘dominant natives’, Common for the pirates, dwarven for the Dwarves
Eox: Eoxian
Triaxus: Triaxian
Bretheda: Brethedan
Apostate: Drow
Aucturn: Aklo

This is mostly from the list of languages (page 41 of the core rulebook) as well as the descriptions of the worlds from Core and Pact Worlds.

Scarab Sages

Cornielius wrote:
According to the Alien Archive, the Anacites of Aballon speak Common and 'Shortwave'(telepathy for techno constructs).

I wonder if Shortwave is selectable as a language for PCs. I know most PCs probably can’t speak it, but they could understand it if they had a tranciecer? Could they sign it with the sign version.


VampByDay wrote:
Cornielius wrote:
According to the Alien Archive, the Anacites of Aballon speak Common and 'Shortwave'(telepathy for techno constructs).
I wonder if Shortwave is selectable as a language for PCs. I know most PCs probably can’t speak it, but they could understand it if they had a tranciecer? Could they sign it with the sign version.

It’s technological telepathy. Alien Archive has a brain slot cyber augmentation that lets you send and receive it, otherwise no you can’t do it. Although the Pact Worlds feat Divine Blessing for Triune gives you something functionally identical.


I suspect anybody could *learn* Shortwave. However, actually speaking it without the right power or cyberware would be impossible unless you have an external transceiver. . . and if you have an external transceiver, why not just have the device translate it into Common?

Community / Forums / Starfinder / Starfinder General Discussion / What languages are spoken on each pact world? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.