Morlamaw Party (@ PaizoCon2018)


Organized Play

1 to 50 of 56 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Starfinder Superscriber

Proposal: Table of all Morlamaw PCs playing SFS #1-12 Ashes of Discovery (Repeatable, Starship)

It could be a psychedelic dream as much as a nightmare, and given the rarity of Morlamaw PCs would be difficult to organize at most other cons.

Any interest to play or GM?

The Exchange

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I can run this, I may even be wearing a morlamaw t-shirt when I do so.

Contributor

2 people marked this as a favorite.

HOW DO YOU HAVE A MORLAMAW SHIRT??????

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Kate Baker wrote:
HOW DO YOU HAVE A MORLAMAW SHIRT??????

spoilers.


Starfinder Superscriber
Shaudius wrote:
I can run this, I may even be wearing a morlamaw t-shirt when I do so.

Yes!

Then I'll have my Morlamaw Solarian 3.


sadly no morlamaw but I would love to do this adventure with an all morlamaw crew. The 1st encounter would be great

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I might be talked into it, though I would have a Morlamaw with only 1xp.

Which time slot are you thinking?


Starfinder Superscriber

Its not about the XP, its about the utter insanity of it.

Either pre-con Thursday night or Friday afternoon.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook, Starfinder Accessories Subscriber
Kate Baker wrote:
HOW DO YOU HAVE A MORLAMAW SHIRT??????

How do you NOT have a morlamaw shirt?!

The Exchange

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Arc Riley wrote:

Its not about the XP, its about the utter insanity of it.

Either pre-con Thursday night or Friday afternoon.

Either works for me. Also morlamaw shirt is a go.

Contributor

Since I’ve got the morlamaw fan club here, how would a pre-con game of Sanctuary of Drowned Delight on Thursday at 1 work for people?

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I want a Morlamaw shirt.

Kate I would love to take you up on that game. I would replay that, especially with you running, but I assume I have the VC dinner that night.

Oh, and a little problem of no available level 3 character? (that's what OBAZAYA IS FOR!)


Kate Baker wrote:
Since I’ve got the morlamaw fan club here, how would a pre-con game of Sanctuary of Drowned Delight on Thursday at 1 work for people?

1:00 is early for me I wont be available till 3:30 -4:00 ish on thursday as I did not take the day off. But I accept that I am not the only person wanting to play so I can be sad if it works for enough other people

The Exchange

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Kate Baker wrote:
Since I’ve got the morlamaw fan club here, how would a pre-con game of Sanctuary of Drowned Delight on Thursday at 1 work for people?

I've actually been waiting to play 1-08 until August (due to schedules) but I would probably play this and then burn a GM replay to play again in August.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I also missed the 1:00 -- I already have a commitment then.

Contributor

I could do it one hour later (at 2) or run it Monday at 1:30 or so, but I have Thursday evening plans already.


Starfinder Superscriber

My husband and I are arriving Noon'ish from Portland so a ~2-6pm game would be great for us.

Kate, you could of course run #1-08 multiple times. If you're so willing and interested I'm certain you'd have a full table each time. You're the famous giant walrus lady after all! Beyond pre and post con, there's open boards on Friday and Sunday afternoons.

#1-08 chronicle sheet stuff:
In a way it makes sense to run #1-08 first, another person could unlock a new Morlamaw PC if they play it with a 5th level Wayfinder PC (25 Wayfinder reputation).

Morlamaw Party could be in an open Friday slot via the boards.

Contributor

I only want to commit to one for now! I’ll see about getting a 2-6 game added to the Warhorn.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kate Baker wrote:
I only want to commit to one for now! I’ll see about getting a 2-6 game added to the Warhorn.

Added: LINK


Starfinder Superscriber

You mean LINK

Contributor

Thanks, Majuba!

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ooh, a game with Kate live!

But I already got to play it with Kate in PBP and it was AWESOME!

Hmm

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I wish I was going, I could play this at the table.(still in progress)

Dark Archive RPG Superstar 2015 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.

This sounds pretty amazing. I'd also be willing to run if Shaudius wants to play, that way people could get in multiple author editions with this crew! I won't be available till Friday evening though.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Mozenrath6 wrote:
This sounds pretty amazing. I'd also be willing to run if Shaudius wants to play, that way people could get in multiple author editions with this crew! I won't be available till Friday evening though.

That would be amazing.


Starfinder Superscriber
Mozenrath6 wrote:
This sounds pretty amazing. I'd also be willing to run if Shaudius wants to play, that way people could get in multiple author editions with this crew! I won't be available till Friday evening though.

Wow! I threw #1-12 out there simply because it was repeatable and would have the highest chance a player's Morlamaw hadn't played it yet, this is totally unexpected and awesome!

Besides pre/post-con games on Warhorn, there'll be a board we can put up extra events for Friday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. There's been some talk of "pre-mustering" online.

Lets get it nailed down so we can arrange our schedules around it. Since you're arriving Friday night, would Sunday afternoon or Monday afternoon post-con work better for you?

Dark Archive RPG Superstar 2015 Top 32

Arc Riley wrote:
Mozenrath6 wrote:
This sounds pretty amazing. I'd also be willing to run if Shaudius wants to play, that way people could get in multiple author editions with this crew! I won't be available till Friday evening though.

Wow! I threw #1-12 out there simply because it was repeatable and would have the highest chance a player's Morlamaw hadn't played it yet, this is totally unexpected and awesome!

Besides pre/post-con games on Warhorn, there'll be a board we can put up extra events for Friday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. There's been some talk of "pre-mustering" online.

Lets get it nailed down so we can arrange our schedules around it. Since you're arriving Friday night, would Sunday afternoon or Monday afternoon post-con work better for you?

I'm arriving Friday day, Friday night would be best for me, since I'm fairly busy the rest of the con.

Grand Lodge RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 4

Arc Riley wrote:


Wow! I threw #1-12 out there simply because it was repeatable and would have the highest chance a player's Morlamaw hadn't played it yet, this is totally unexpected and awesome!

Besides pre/post-con games on Warhorn, there'll be a board we can put up extra events for Friday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. There's been some talk of "pre-mustering" online.

Lets get it nailed down so we can arrange our schedules around it. Since you're arriving Friday night, would Sunday afternoon or Monday afternoon post-con work better for you?

No worries, Friday evening is totally fine for us (probably the best time, really) - we're flying in Friday afternoon so we're available all Friday evening ^_^

This will be my & John's first year attending PaizoCon, so can anyone suggest a good meeting spot to gather all you psychedelic space walruses?

The Exchange

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Friday evening works for me.


Starfinder Superscriber

This will be my first PaizoCon too. Friday evening is an incredibly busy timeslot so I asked Sara Marie for advice and if/where a free table might be available.

I'm nearly done with the 3d models for gifts for everyone, I'm about to start the skeletal rigging so they can be easily posed differently. Underside of bases will read "Morlamaw Party PaizoCon 2018".

I'll share a wiki page soon to collect everyone's PC class, color, etc. I can 3d print some generic models in white paintable ABS, too.


so friday is the actual morlamaw party party ?

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I will not be able to do this.


Silbeg wrote:
Kate I would love to take you up on that game. I would replay that, especially with you running, but I assume I have the VC dinner that night.

I'd love to take Kate up on this also, assuming it doesn't conflict with the dinner....

I'm still trying to find a link with details for the VC dinner. Has anything been posted yet? We're coming up on 2 weeks out...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Starfinder Superscriber

Nothing is confirmed yet, we're waiting to hear back from Sara Marie who's understandably very busy right now.

I assume we can make Friday night work but lets see what she says first.


Arc Riley wrote:

Nothing is confirmed yet, we're waiting to hear back from Sara Marie who's understandably very busy right now.

I assume we can make Friday night work but lets see what she says first.

Thanks!

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Starfinder Maps Subscriber

My assumption is that the VC Dinner will be Thursday, but if its not... We’ll likely have a great dinner that night anyway and have fun.

Hmm


Starfinder Superscriber

Oh sorry crossed wires, I meant regarding Morlamaw Party - waiting confirmation. Given the email we all just received re: #8-99C I suspect it might be a bit.

Contributor

Amanda Plageman wrote:
Silbeg wrote:
Kate I would love to take you up on that game. I would replay that, especially with you running, but I assume I have the VC dinner that night.

I'd love to take Kate up on this also, assuming it doesn't conflict with the dinner....

I'm still trying to find a link with details for the VC dinner. Has anything been posted yet? We're coming up on 2 weeks out...

Hey Amanda!

I'd love to have you at the table! If it helps any, I imagine we'll be done by 6. I have yet to have this game take more than 4 hours.

And while I have my own game on Friday night, I'll stop by afterward if you're still going to check out the morlamaw party!


Starfinder Superscriber
Kate Baker wrote:
And while I have my own game on Friday night, I'll stop by afterward if you're still going to check out the morlamaw party!

It'd be great if Kate (of all people!) could play.

Crystal and John; do you have plans Monday afternoon? Kate previously said she's be open then, and that'd virtually eliminate any scheduling conflicts with others - except for people with return flights Monday afternoon.

Contributor

Oh, I don't actually have a morlamaw yet! You should schedule without me!

My con schedule is pretty packed at this point, so I might be too tired Monday afternoon for a game anyway.


Starfinder Superscriber

Well, nevermind then.

Kate Baker wrote:
Oh, I don't actually have a morlamaw yet! You should schedule without me!

That feels like some sort of cosmic crime, you gotta get on that!

I should have a gift for you anyway, barring something tragic like all the 3d printers at our local hackerspace breaking at once (that has actually happened before).

Contributor

Aw, thank you!

boon discussion:
The chronicle is on a Wayfinder GM credit baby, and I'm kind of afraid to play the character in case they die and then I wouldn't have a morlamaw! I'll get there eventually.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Starfinder Superscriber
Kate Baker wrote:
Aw, thank you!

Starfinder PC death risks:
I've GM'd every SFS scenario, the only one you need to worry about is #1-13 and is likely part of Thurston's effort to raise the difficulty. We just almost had a TPK on that one, and I suspect future scenarios will come with higher risks as well.

Its actually fairly difficult to kill a lower level Starfinder PC even if a GM wanted to. By the time they're at any real risk they should have enough Fame to buy a raise dead.

Dark Archive RPG Superstar 2015 Top 32

Arc Riley wrote:
Kate Baker wrote:
And while I have my own game on Friday night, I'll stop by afterward if you're still going to check out the morlamaw party!

It'd be great if Kate (of all people!) could play.

Crystal and John; do you have plans Monday afternoon? Kate previously said she's be open then, and that'd virtually eliminate any scheduling conflicts with others - except for people with return flights Monday afternoon.

Yeah sadly we do have one of those pesky Monday Afternoon flights. Friday really is the best time for us. I suspect we can get enough people to make it work, with apologies to those who can't make it.


Mozenrath6 wrote:
Arc Riley wrote:
Kate Baker wrote:
And while I have my own game on Friday night, I'll stop by afterward if you're still going to check out the morlamaw party!

It'd be great if Kate (of all people!) could play.

Crystal and John; do you have plans Monday afternoon? Kate previously said she's be open then, and that'd virtually eliminate any scheduling conflicts with others - except for people with return flights Monday afternoon.

Yeah sadly we do have one of those pesky Monday Afternoon flights. Friday really is the best time for us. I suspect we can get enough people to make it work, with apologies to those who can't make it.

I also dont have a morlamaw but I will be checking in on the fun at some point unless I can be your token Human


Starfinder Superscriber
Kingbrendarr wrote:
I also dont have a morlamaw but I will be checking in on the fun at some point unless I can be your token Human

Why don't you have a Morlamaw?

How to unlock a Morlamaw PC:
If you haven't already played #1-08, play it with a Wayfinder - ideally level 4+. You need Wayfinder PC to reach reputation tier 3 (25+ reputation) to unlock it.

If you already played it but with a non-Wayfinder PC, then GM #1-08 and apply it to a Wayfinder.


Starfinder Superscriber
Mozenrath6 wrote:
Yeah sadly we do have one of those pesky Monday Afternoon flights. Friday really is the best time for us. I suspect we can get enough people to make it work, with apologies to those who can't make it.

Ok, I resent the request for the table via the new request thread Sara Marie started.


Arc Riley wrote:
Kingbrendarr wrote:
I also dont have a morlamaw but I will be checking in on the fun at some point unless I can be your token Human

Why don't you have a Morlamaw?

** spoiler omitted **

Because as you may have noticed I dont get to play a lot. I have yet to play that mod or many others and I cant quite make it to the thursday game a I work in downtown till 3 AND it's a friends birthday

So no morlamaw for me his weekend. I wouldn't have the wayfinder credit anyway if I got the mod this weekend.


Starfinder Superscriber
Kingbrendarr wrote:
Because as you may have noticed I dont get to play a lot. I have yet to play that mod or many others and I cant quite make it to the thursday game a I work in downtown till 3 AND it's a friends birthday

Ok, so I'm running AP1 down in Portland tomorrow night and #1-01 on Tuesday. Both start at 6pm. Its fine if you're a bit late due to the drive down, as long as you get in 2/3rds of the session I can award credit. AP1 is worth 3xp and 5fame and is a fun story.

Its at Guardian Games (just off I5 exit 300B), Friday nights upstairs of the bar in the back, Tuesday nights in the main store so under 21 players can participate. We have plenty of open seats still, but you can reserve a seat online to make sure since a lot of people only sign up last minute.


Arc Riley wrote:
Kingbrendarr wrote:
Because as you may have noticed I dont get to play a lot. I have yet to play that mod or many others and I cant quite make it to the thursday game a I work in downtown till 3 AND it's a friends birthday

Ok, so I'm running AP1 down in Portland tomorrow night and #1-01 on Tuesday. Both start at 6pm. Its fine if you're a bit late due to the drive down, as long as you get in 2/3rds of the session I can award credit. AP1 is worth 3xp and 5fame and is a fun story.

Its at Guardian Games (just off I5 exit 300B), Friday nights upstairs of the bar in the back, Tuesday nights in the main store so under 21 players can participate. We have plenty of open seats still, but you can reserve a seat online to make sure since a lot of people only sign up last minute.

I thought seriously about this option, but a 7am shift with a 5am wake up says that getting home after midnight is not a good plan for my long term employment

1 to 50 of 56 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / PaizoCon / Events / Organized Play / Morlamaw Party (@ PaizoCon2018) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.