twf paladin


Advice


so I'm looking to build a twf paladin, however I want it to be str based and don't want to invest to much into dex, is there any way to get access to ranger fighting styles with out multiclassing?


Don't think so. The Paladin is a tremendously powerful class, and the lack of feats is about the only thing leaving the other martials relevant.(That and a million paladin code arguments.)


So multiclass.

Pally1 to Pally2: Smite damage bonus increase percentage = 100%
Pally2 to Pally3: Smite damage bonus increase percentage = 50%
Pally3 to Pally4: Smite damage bonus increase percentage = 25%
Pally4 to Pally5: Smite damage bonus increase percentage = 12.5%
Pally5 to Pally6: Smite damage bonus increase percentage = 6.25%
...diminishing returns have arrived....

-- You do not need a lot of paladin levels to be an effective paladin, because the Charisma bonus to attack on Smites and Divine Grace are the real plums, at least until high level (11th+).

Spells? ...That's what Dangerous Curious is for.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
doomman47 wrote:
so I'm looking to build a twf paladin, however I want it to be str based and don't want to invest to much into dex, is there any way to get access to ranger fighting styles with out multiclassing?

This is 8 years old but it's still relevant http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2kyg4?SB-TWF-Paladin-build-advice#3

Short version: You need DEX if you want to TWF.

I am playing a paladin currently, you either want a 2 hander or go ranged to maximize damage in that class. TWF is really good but Paladins are such a MAD class and feat starved that TWF takes too much to get going.

If I was going to make my paladin again I would have made a small race archer with a bonded mount or a guy with a 2H weapon.

Currently I am S&B and leveling up sucks with TWF developing..

Liberty's Edge

I have a tempered champion Paladin in my campaign doing amazingly. Bonus to all attacks AND damage with smite evil is a one turn death sentence for Anything (if he can full attack).


This

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2unzq?Will-Dexy-McGlaive-Work

You only need the feats and three levels UC Rogue, rest can be paly


its a tempered champion paladin, dex of 14 and an str of 26, I guess I could swap my 16 con with the 14 dex but I would prefer not to, I also don't want to have a 2h build, I have done enough of those for now and my back up character uses one and I don't want to be repetitive. was hoping I could find a way to get it str based or just flat out ignore the dex requirement much like how a ranger can.


Strength-based dual-wielding is one of those things that was needlessly rendered nigh unworkable outside of Ranger styles by the system.

If your GM allows third party material, the way Spheres of Might works dual-wielding makes it far more accessible.


1. bloodrager [urban] Extra Rage
2. uRogue1 [Weapon Finesse]
3. paladin1 Accomplished Sneak Attacker, or FEAT(g)4.
4. uRogue2 [TALENT]
5. uRogue3 [Dex>dmg/Wakizashi*], FEAT(g)

* cracked White Opalescent Pyramid (1500gp) for martial proficiency.


Slim Jim wrote:

1. bloodrager [urban] Extra Rage

2. uRogue1 [Weapon Finesse]
3. paladin1 Accomplished Sneak Attacker, or FEAT(g)4.
4. uRogue2 [TALENT]
5. uRogue3 [Dex>dmg/Wakizashi*], FEAT(g)

* cracked White Opalescent Pyramid (1500gp) for martial proficiency.

Why would I use dex to hit and damage when my dex is only 14(or 16 if I swap my base con to dex), while the str is 26? I'd be taking a -6(-5) penalty to hit and damage


Your OP: "so I'm looking to build a twf paladin...."

-- This implies the character doesn't exist yet.

Now you're berating me for not catching your latest post, in which you note he has a strength of 26 (implying an existing character).

This is why you always list an existing build in the OP.

(Your decision not to have an avatar also renders it more difficult for thread participants to quickly discern than you have replied.

~ ~ ~

<shrug>

If your dex is already 14, just upgrade your belt for dex16 (or notch dex to 15 if near 8th/12th/16th), then legally take TWF as a feat.


Slim Jim wrote:

Your OP: "so I'm looking to build a twf paladin...."

-- This implies the character doesn't exist yet.

Now you're berating me for not catching your latest post, in which you note he has a strength of 26 (implying an existing character).

This is why you always list an existing build in the OP.

(Your decision not to have an avatar also renders it more difficult for thread participants to quickly discern than you have replied.

~ ~ ~

<shrug>

If your dex is already 14, just upgrade your belt for dex16 (or notch dex to 15 if near 8th/12th/16th), then legally take TWF as a feat.

no avatar because paizo only allows pre-generated avatars with no ability to import your own, and sorry if I came off as hostile with the previous post, I generally assume people read every post b4 they type out a new one unless they are quoting some one farther up the line. However I did say in the opening op that it was str based not dex based and was looking for ways to get it with out farther investing in dex or preferably not relying on dex in the 1st place.


A TWF paladin wouldn't be able to cast spells. Just like a heavy shield paladin.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
doomman47 wrote:
no avatar because paizo only allows pre-generated avatars with no ability to import your own,

The selection is huge, and varied, and of reasonable quality. There are a few in more common use, but choose one of the less obvious ones and you are unlikely to find someone with the same avatar. I've yet to run into someone else using the griffon, and I've been on here for quite some time. More importantly, the avatar isn't for your sake. It's for everyone's sake so that we can keep these conversations straight more easily.


Yomabo wrote:
A TWF paladin wouldn't be able to cast spells. Just like a heavy shield paladin.

He had stated that he is a Tempered Champion Paladin, which replaces spell casting for some bonus feats. He also gets the war priest's sacred weapon damage so op could actually dual wield daggers and do longsword damage (bastard sword dmg at 10th).


Just don't pick Cayden.


Omnius wrote:
doomman47 wrote:
no avatar because paizo only allows pre-generated avatars with no ability to import your own,
The selection is huge, and varied, and of reasonable quality. There are a few in more common use, but choose one of the less obvious ones and you are unlikely to find someone with the same avatar. I've yet to run into someone else using the griffon, and I've been on here for quite some time. More importantly, the avatar isn't for your sake. It's for everyone's sake so that we can keep these conversations straight more easily.

yes but I have the same avatar for pretty much everything else I have an account for which of course is uploaded from my pc to what ever website needs the avatar picture it just feels wrong to not use it in favor of another avatar, i've had the same one for years.


Thunderlord wrote:
Yomabo wrote:
A TWF paladin wouldn't be able to cast spells. Just like a heavy shield paladin.
He had stated that he is a Tempered Champion Paladin, which replaces spell casting for some bonus feats. He also gets the war priest's sacred weapon damage so op could actually dual wield daggers and do longsword damage (bastard sword dmg at 10th).

precisely, and I'm torn between having them use kukri or a custom weapon based on the claw weapons from diablo 2's assassin(mechanically they would be the same but one is a curved knife the other are well metal claws)


doomman47 wrote:
Thunderlord wrote:
Yomabo wrote:
A TWF paladin wouldn't be able to cast spells. Just like a heavy shield paladin.
He had stated that he is a Tempered Champion Paladin, which replaces spell casting for some bonus feats. He also gets the war priest's sacred weapon damage so op could actually dual wield daggers and do longsword damage (bastard sword dmg at 10th).
precisely, and I'm torn between having them use kukri or a custom weapon based on the claw weapons from diablo 2's assassin(mechanically they would be the same but one is a curved knife the other are well metal claws)

My bad. Why those weapon types in particular? Is it for aesthetic reasons or mechanical ones?


Yomabo wrote:
doomman47 wrote:
Thunderlord wrote:
Yomabo wrote:
A TWF paladin wouldn't be able to cast spells. Just like a heavy shield paladin.
He had stated that he is a Tempered Champion Paladin, which replaces spell casting for some bonus feats. He also gets the war priest's sacred weapon damage so op could actually dual wield daggers and do longsword damage (bastard sword dmg at 10th).
precisely, and I'm torn between having them use kukri or a custom weapon based on the claw weapons from diablo 2's assassin(mechanically they would be the same but one is a curved knife the other are well metal claws)
My bad. Why those weapon types in particular? Is it for aesthetic reasons or mechanical ones?

well mechanical reason for both and aesthetic reasons for the custom item cuz it would just look awesome. with tempered champion the 1d4 gets to scale as I get up in level I also get bonus feats which allow me to off set the feat starvation of twf, the character was originally going to be full paladin wearing full plate and using a heavy steal shield but then I was like but a scaled fist monk dip would fit so good with thematics as the character is majorly tied to dragons and getting free access to dragon style is useful as well as getting charisma to ac/cmd(I'm less worried about ac but the boost to cmd is pretty important) hence the need to swap to a twf build as you cant get the cha to ac wile using a shield and with cha being my 2nd highest stat its nothing to scoff at. and with me already losing a level or two from paladin I'm hesitant to multiclass any more as it would set back not only my weapon damage more but it would also set back my lay on hands healing which is what I'm more worried about.


doomman47 wrote:
Yomabo wrote:
doomman47 wrote:
Thunderlord wrote:
Yomabo wrote:
A TWF paladin wouldn't be able to cast spells. Just like a heavy shield paladin.
He had stated that he is a Tempered Champion Paladin, which replaces spell casting for some bonus feats. He also gets the war priest's sacred weapon damage so op could actually dual wield daggers and do longsword damage (bastard sword dmg at 10th).
precisely, and I'm torn between having them use kukri or a custom weapon based on the claw weapons from diablo 2's assassin(mechanically they would be the same but one is a curved knife the other are well metal claws)
My bad. Why those weapon types in particular? Is it for aesthetic reasons or mechanical ones?
well mechanical reason for both and aesthetic reasons for the custom item cuz it would just look awesome. with tempered champion the 1d4 gets to scale as I get up in level I also get bonus feats which allow me to off set the feat starvation of twf, the character was originally going to be full paladin wearing full plate and using a heavy steal shield but then I was like but a scaled fist monk dip would fit so good with thematics as the character is majorly tied to dragons and getting free access to dragon style is useful as well as getting charisma to ac/cmd(I'm less worried about ac but the boost to cmd is pretty important) hence the need to swap to a twf build as you cant get the cha to ac wile using a shield and with cha being my 2nd highest stat its nothing to scoff at. and with me already losing a level or two from paladin I'm hesitant to multiclass any more as it would set back not only my weapon damage more but it would also set back my lay on hands healing which is what I'm more worried about.

If you would go into the scaled fist monk route, I suggest you take a look at sensei as well. Yes you don't get flurry of blows nor do you get a bonus feat at level 2, that sucks. But you do get inspire courage (which fits the paladin theme), and you get charisma to hit/damage instead of strength or dex. This way you can go full charisma build and easily get charisma +7 at level 5.


Yomabo wrote:
doomman47 wrote:
well mechanical reason for both and aesthetic reasons for the custom item cuz it would just look awesome. with tempered champion the 1d4 gets to scale as I get up in level I also get bonus feats which allow me to off set the feat starvation of twf, the character was originally going to be full paladin wearing full plate and using a heavy steal shield but then I was like but a scaled fist monk dip would fit so good with thematics as the character is majorly tied to dragons and getting free access to dragon style is useful as well as getting charisma to ac/cmd(I'm less worried about ac but the boost to cmd is pretty important) hence the need to swap to a twf build as you cant get the cha to ac wile using a shield and with cha being my 2nd highest stat its nothing to scoff at. and with me already losing a level or two from paladin I'm hesitant to multiclass any more as it would set back not only my weapon damage more but it would also set back my lay on hands healing which is what I'm more worried about.
If you would go into the scaled fist monk route, I suggest you take a look at sensei as well. Yes you don't get flurry of blows nor do you get a bonus feat at level 2, that sucks. But you do get inspire courage (which fits the paladin theme), and you get charisma to hit/damage instead of strength or dex. This way you can go full charisma build and easily get charisma +7 at level 5.

I'm maxed out on charisma already but my str is still higher due to race choice, sensei is also neither compatible with unchained monk(don't wana lose out on bab) nor does it stack with scaled fist(it replaces some abilities scaled fist alters) tho it is an interesting archetype that would defiantly fit a different character concept(we have a player that likes both monks and bards so I will probably show them that archetype)stat allocation is 26,14(16),22(20),14,15, 22 depending on weather or not I want more dex or more con


doomman47 wrote:
Yomabo wrote:
doomman47 wrote:
well mechanical reason for both and aesthetic reasons for the custom item cuz it would just look awesome. with tempered champion the 1d4 gets to scale as I get up in level I also get bonus feats which allow me to off set the feat starvation of twf, the character was originally going to be full paladin wearing full plate and using a heavy steal shield but then I was like but a scaled fist monk dip would fit so good with thematics as the character is majorly tied to dragons and getting free access to dragon style is useful as well as getting charisma to ac/cmd(I'm less worried about ac but the boost to cmd is pretty important) hence the need to swap to a twf build as you cant get the cha to ac wile using a shield and with cha being my 2nd highest stat its nothing to scoff at. and with me already losing a level or two from paladin I'm hesitant to multiclass any more as it would set back not only my weapon damage more but it would also set back my lay on hands healing which is what I'm more worried about.
If you would go into the scaled fist monk route, I suggest you take a look at sensei as well. Yes you don't get flurry of blows nor do you get a bonus feat at level 2, that sucks. But you do get inspire courage (which fits the paladin theme), and you get charisma to hit/damage instead of strength or dex. This way you can go full charisma build and easily get charisma +7 at level 5.
I'm maxed out on charisma already but my str is still higher due to race choice, sensei is also neither compatible with unchained monk(don't wana lose out on bab) nor does it stack with scaled fist(it replaces some abilities scaled fist alters) tho it is an interesting archetype that would defiantly fit a different character concept(we have a player that likes both monks and bards so I will probably show them that archetype)stat allocation is 26,14(16),22(20),14,15, 22 depending on weather or not I want more dex or more con

I have to disagree with you on that, but I don't want to go off topic.

I think because of pre-requirements of feats you would be wise to bump dex to 16 instead of your con. You get a sick bonus to AC from scaled fist monk if you go that route. Otherwise, a paladin is able to wear heavy armor, so HP shouldn't be the problem. Put your FCB into hp if you do get worried. Fey Foundling is a great feat for a paladin who wants to heal himself from time to time.

The stubborn way of making this all possible is just increasing your str. TWF is possible with all kinds of weapons and all kinds of abilities, you just get a penalty. By increasing your hit bonus, you can just negate the penalties.


As mentioned, if you already have 14 Dex then it's easy to fulfill the prerequisite of TWF. Either by magic items or placing one of your Ability score increases in Dex.

Other than that, as it seems you're not restricted by weapon choice, you could grab Exotic weapon proficiency for 1,500 gp (as Slim Jim mentioned) and use the Battle Poi.

Battle Poi wrote:

Benefit: The weight of the poi is insufficient to deal physical damage, but the burning fuel deals fire damage. If you are proficient in battle poi, you are treated as if you have the Two-Weapon Fighting feat for the purposes of making poi attacks.

Special: Poi can be extinguished by spending a full round action smothering them in sand or submerging them in water.

It's a light weapon which deals 1d4 fire damage. You still add your Strength mod and all other damage bonuses to the damage dealt, but it's all fire dmg.

I'd recommend you to pick up Weapon Versatility to be able to deal physical damage with the Battle Poi, since Fire Resistance/Immunity becomes more and more common as you meet stronger foes.

You were already gonna take Weapon Focus, and you buy proficiency for 1,500 gp. So you're basically only paying one feat to get TWF, with the added benefit of being able to deal all three physical damage types and fire damage with your melee weapon.

The downside is that you still don't have 15 dex, and won't qualify for the TWF feat chain.


Yomabo wrote:
I have to disagree with you on that, but I don't want to go off topic.

unless an archetype is explicitly stated to work with unchained monk it just flat out doesn't, now weather or not it could stack with another archetype that messes with the same class features is a different issue and depending on what it changes will make is eligible for stacking or not its a bit nitty gritty and i don't feel like looking though both of them to see if they stack

doomman47 wrote:
the character was originally going to be full paladin wearing full plate and using a heavy steal shield but then I was like but a scaled fist monk dip would fit so good with thematics as the character is majorly tied to dragons and getting free access to dragon style is useful as well as getting charisma to ac/cmd

there are ways for monks to still use shields and maintain their class features, i just can't remember what they are off the top of my heads but maybe some one else here know what i'm talking about. that way while you still won't be able to wear armor you can maintain shield usage and not need to worry about getting enough dex for twf


Lady-J wrote:
doomman47 wrote:
the character was originally going to be full paladin wearing full plate and using a heavy steal shield but then I was like but a scaled fist monk dip would fit so good with thematics as the character is majorly tied to dragons and getting free access to dragon style is useful as well as getting charisma to ac/cmd
there are ways for monks to still use shields and maintain their class features, i just can't remember what they are off the top of my heads but maybe some one else here know what i'm talking about. that way while you still won't be able to wear armor you can maintain shield usage and not need to worry about getting enough dex for twf

that sounds precisely what I need, if I could stick with using my shield that would be great and it would allow me to better keep to my original character concept. any one have any idea on what how to go about doing this?


Wonderstell wrote:

As mentioned, if you already have 14 Dex then it's easy to fulfill the prerequisite of TWF. Either by magic items or placing one of your Ability score increases in Dex.

Other than that, as it seems you're not restricted by weapon choice, you could grab Exotic weapon proficiency for 1,500 gp (as Slim Jim mentioned) and use the Battle Poi.

It's a light weapon which deals 1d4 fire damage. You still add your Strength mod and all other damage bonuses to the damage dealt, but it's all fire dmg.

I'd recommend you to pick up Weapon Versatility to be able to deal physical damage with the Battle Poi, since Fire Resistance/Immunity becomes more and more common as you meet stronger foes.

If you're dropping money or feats on exotic light weapons, get the wakizashis. They are far and away the best TWF weapon, and a sick multiplier versus anything that'll eat crits. (This is especially so if you're saving a feat by not taking something like Weapon Versatility.)
Quote:
You were already gonna take Weapon Focus...

IMO you should never take Weapon Focus as a feat unless you're a fighter who gets 'em out the butt, and need it for a chain. Other martials just don't have the room for it. (Your paladin could multiclass a level of bloodrager and take or retrain in Extra Rage instead, and be +2/+2 att/dmg instead of +1/+0 with Weapon Focus. Or take Quick Draw, and always have the best weapon in your hands at all times -- such an Adaptable bow that you whip out when your first melee attack drops the only opponent within reach, but enemies remain on the battlefield.)


Slim Jim wrote:
If you're dropping money or feats on exotic light weapons, get the wakizashis. They are far and away the best TWF weapon, and a sick multiplier versus anything that'll eat crits. (This is especially so if you're saving a feat by not taking something like Weapon Versatility.)

"If you are proficient in battle poi, you are treated as if you have the Two-Weapon Fighting feat for the purposes of making poi attacks."

If I wanted to make a TWF paladin with 10-12 dex (not the case now), I'd prefer to actually get TWF instead of using Wakizashis.

Slim Jim wrote:
IMO you should never take Weapon Focus as a feat unless you're a fighter who gets 'em out the butt, and need it for a chain. Other martials just don't have the room for it. (Your paladin could multiclass a level of bloodrager and take or retrain in Extra Rage instead, and be +2/+2 att/dmg instead of +1/+0 with Weapon Focus. Or take Quick Draw, and always have the best weapon in your hands at all times -- such an Adaptable bow that you whip out when your first melee attack drops the only opponent within reach, but enemies remain on the battlefield.)

Yeah, I don't really like having to take Weapon Focus either. But the reason why he was already gonna take Weapon Focus is because he's a Tempered Champion Paladin. They get bonus feats every 4th level, but have to fulfill the prerequisites of the feats. And most of those feats requires Weapon Focus.

*********

Another way to get TWF, which isn't relevant for a Tempered Champion, is to take the Artful Dodge feat. (If there's anyone else trying to circumvent TWF prerequisites)

Artful Dodge:
You are practiced at avoiding attacks when outnumbered.

Prerequisite(s): Int 13.

Benefit: If you are the only character threatening an opponent, you gain a +1 dodge bonus to AC against that opponent.

Special: The Artful Dodge feat acts as the Dodge feat for the purpose of satisfying prerequisites that require Dodge.

You can use Intelligence, rather than Dexterity, for feats with a minimum Dexterity prerequisite.


found it, its called unhindering shield I think, its the only thing I could find to let a monk use a shield


The great allure of being a paladin (from a mechanical perspective) is the Smite bonus to damage. I.e., you are a crit-fisher.

Dual waks are the best crit-fish engine in the game. They're 15-20 with ImpCrit at 9th, while Battle-poi are nat-20 only (and you don't bother with ImpCrit for that reason because an additional 5% chance isn't worth it).

And crit-fishing is generally why one is TWFing in the first place, from an optimization standpoint.


You could tackle this from the other side of the equation and play a Ranger and VMC into Paladin. You won't get Smite until level 11, and you'll be smiting as a Paladin 4 levels lower than yourself...but it's an option.


If 3rd party material is allowed, check out prodigious two weapon fighting - let's you use strength instead of dex to qualify for 2weapon fighting and associated feats.Also can treat one handed weapons as light in off hand.


If we were allowing third-party material, Spheres of Might just cuts to the chase with the dual-wielding sphere and you don't have to go through all these hoops.


Cuup wrote:
You could tackle this from the other side of the equation and play a Ranger and VMC into Paladin. You won't get Smite until level 11, and you'll be smiting as a Paladin 4 levels lower than yourself...but it's an option.

the issue with vmc paladin is that it makes lay on hands scale worse, I lose divine grace and the ability to trade out the code of conduct for a more manageable one also locks me out of other vmc options was thinking either rogue or barbarian for uncanny dodge I really like that ability and its a shame there aren't more ways to get it other than barbarian, rogue or bloodrager.


dragonhunterq wrote:
If 3rd party material is allowed, check out prodigious two weapon fighting - let's you use strength instead of dex to qualify for 2weapon fighting and associated feats.Also can treat one handed weapons as light in off hand.

that actually looks pretty neat and I know my dm has that book all though most things in it are banned I can ask them about it, just might make me change my mind about swapping back to using a shield(assuming I can get the feat)


Omnius wrote:
If we were allowing third-party material, Spheres of Might just cuts to the chase with the dual-wielding sphere and you don't have to go through all these hoops.

for our current campaign the gm has limited the books to only those they own a physical copy of(same goes for 1st party as well) makes making a character a little more difficult as many of the neat things one can get to make a character come in small off shoot books and not the majorly big ones so since no spheres book no spheres content. which is in fortunate it looks pretty cool.

Silver Crusade

If you just want to have two attacks from level 1, dip 1 level into Scaled Fist UMonk, focus on Str and Cha, pick Crane Style and the trait Aldori Caution to raise your AC and fetch a Sansetsukon. This way, you have 2 full BAB attacks with a 2H weapon from the beginning. I prefer this much more than TWF for two reasons: 1st the synergy between the two classes, 2nd because the additional attacks from iTWF and gTWF aren't that useful anyway. The build would be something like (assuming human, *bonus feats):

16+2 12 14 7 10 15(+1 at 4th level)

1 UMonk, Dodge*, Crane Style*, Power Attack
1 Pal
2 Pal, Any
3 Pal

Your damage at 4th level will be 2x(1d10+12) without smiting, the penalty from Crane Style to hit is the same you would have from TWF, but you get way more damage in return. Your AC will be 10+3(Cha)+3(Crane Style)+1(Dex)+1(Dodge)+1(Aldori Caution)+1(Sansetzukon, blocking)+1(3 ranks in Arcobatic)=21 + eventual Mage Armor/bracers.


Lady-J wrote:
there are ways for monks to still use shields and maintain their class features, i just can't remember what they are off the top of my heads but maybe some one else here know what i'm talking about. that way while you still won't be able to wear armor you can maintain shield usage and not need to worry about getting enough dex for twf

Shield Focus + Unhindering Shield allows you to use a buckler.

If you want to shield bash, you'll also want Upsetting Shield Style.


Yomabo wrote:
A TWF paladin wouldn't be able to cast spells. Just like a heavy shield paladin.

Well, not necessarily. There are a number of options that can allow the paladin to have a free hand. And they are rather good for str TWF characters.

The first is a double weapon. This would be similar to a 2 hander paladin- they hold it in one hand when you cast. The advantage of double weapons is that you can 2 hand or TWF as needed- you can go one big hit for when you charge, or TWf when you full attack.

The other option is to go with a 1 handed weapon (probably scimitar) and a gauntlet style weapon (such as the cestus). The gauntlet style weapons usually do not interfere with spell casting, and they can allow you to 2 hand the one handed sword (similar in effect to a double weapon). The advantage of this approach is that you can have good stats (a 18-20 scimitar adn a 19-20 cestus; compare that to non-exotic double weapons, which usually need have simple 20/x2 or 20/x3 stats). However, this doesn't play nice with feats like weapon focus.

Anyway, my two cents on str TWF stats: Here is an example set- STR: 16 DEX: 16 CON: 14 INT: 7 WIS: 9 CHA: 14. If you take this and put the 4th level ability point increase into dex, you can get enough dex for all the 'good' TWF feats (greater TWF is not worth the effort for a BAB-12 attack). After that, you can just forget dex entirely. Obviously, this cuts a bit deep in terms of dumps, but it still gets 'enough' for your main MAD stats. Your tragic backstory will have to be that you were dropped on your head as a child though...

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Advice / twf paladin All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.