Last Pathfinder 1st Edition Adventure Path speculation


Pathfinder Adventure Path General Discussion

151 to 195 of 195 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

I gotta think its a plane hoping one with the Planar book soon to release. What I'd want is Arcadia or Tian Xia but I've steeled myself against further disappointment.

Though something that changes the world in a meanful way for 2E would be cool. Like a Time Travel one or something along those lines.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
ratcatbo wrote:
You know what that means we need to throw more guesses to make shure one of them is rihgt

Dammit, you're right!

Hmmm. Aroden returns and we have to stop it, because something something end of the world. Meanwhile, Nocticula coasts on the divine energy released by that event to ascend to godhood and we can help her be transformed into a chaotic neutral goddess.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

So we know the name of the last 1st ed Adventure Path. The Tyrant's Grasp. I am guessing a Lastwall, Belzken, Ustalav AP (Mostly Lastwall and Belzken) but this is all speculation. Was anyone at the Adventure Path Q&A panel and did they say more?


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I wasn't at the Adventure Path Q&A, but I was at the Future of Paizo one, and they briefly talked about The Tyrant's Grasp. I won't say much, as they didn't say much either, but they specified that they like having a 'looming threat on the horizon', and with the Worldwound closed, they settled on the Whispering Tyrant. They also said that if we had any relatives in Lastwall, we might want to send postcards recommending they take a vacation.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
Benjamin Medrano wrote:
I wasn't at the Adventure Path Q&A, but I was at the Future of Paizo one, and they briefly talked about The Tyrant's Grasp. I won't say much, as they didn't say much either, but they specified that they like having a 'looming threat on the horizon', and with the Worldwound closed, they settled on the Whispering Tyrant. They also said that if we had any relatives in Lastwall, we might want to send postcards recommending they take a vacation.

That's actually a bit reassuring to me. I was kind of worried they were going to kill him off before the next edition of Pathfinder comes out, codifying that into the backstory.


I figured they would introduce a whole new looming threat with 2E...


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

The Ashen Man is coming.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Starts sharpening her sword, turns up the Led Zeppelin.

Bring it on!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Stop blasting your followers, Io. You know what I'm talking about.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Zi Mishkal wrote:
I figured they would introduce a whole new looming threat with 2E...

Technically i think that they are kinda starting it with one with the playtest adventure Doomsday Dawn. But who knows. Maybe the first AP of Second Edition will introduce a major threat, though there are plenty beyond the Worldwound and the Whispering Tyrant. The Eye of Abendego expanding or moving, Rovagug breakiung free and/or any of his Spawn, Geb and Arazni deciding to expand, I dont really trust that Nex was all that great a guy and his return (Maybe with a way to take over Absalom successfully this time) could also cause a LOT of problems. Plenty of "looming" threats that still need to be dealt with and can cause all sorts of havoc and destruction and those are just obvious ones.


I never felt so meh about an AP

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

So the 2e World Guide is going to describe the Worldwound as closed? Huh. Seems like a bit of a waste of concept.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Hythlodeus wrote:
I never felt so meh about an AP

Really? Giantslayer and Ironfang Invasion excited you more than a chance at beating the Whispering Tyrant?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Yea kind of meh about this ap to, mostly case the entier point of carion crown was to stop him rising so i guess that ap was ppintless now


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I kinda suspect this one will do the same, to be honest. If the Whispering Tyrant comes back, I don't see how the PC's can make it out alive.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

10 year delay on his plans is hardly pointless surely. Its like saying everything that happened in Terminator 2 was a waste cause judgement day still happened. But it meant the world got 10 more years before judgement day. And frankly, that delay probably saved Golarion, by slowing Tar baphons rise till after the worldwound was closed. Now Lastwall has a chance of reinforcements from Mendev, rather then there being 2 active fronts

Jon Brazer Enterprises

If the worldwound is closed, I guess I know where Kingmaker 2 AP is going to take place.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Every thing that happened in terminator 2 was a wast at least it fellt like that win i wached the 3 movie

Liberty's Edge

Is this one also going to lvl20?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
ratcatbo wrote:
Every thing that happened in terminator 2 was a wast at least it fellt like that win i wached the 3 movie

Wait, people actually watched 3!?!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I'm actually pretty excited for this one.

Hopefully Wes is involved in it somehow.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
ratcatbo wrote:
Every thing that happened in terminator 2 was a wast at least it fellt like that win i wached the 3 movie
Wait, people actually watched 3!?!

not my brightest idea i will admit

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
ratcatbo wrote:
Yea kind of meh about this ap to, mostly case the entier point of carion crown was to stop him rising so i guess that ap was ppintless now

Carrion Crown was about preventing the creation of a cheap knockoff (who still would have been super powerful). This is going to be about the real deal.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shisumo wrote:
ratcatbo wrote:
Yea kind of meh about this ap to, mostly case the entier point of carion crown was to stop him rising so i guess that ap was ppintless now
Carrion Crown was about preventing the creation of a cheap knockoff (who still would have been super powerful). This is going to be about the real deal.

You get to Tar-Baphon's front door step, so to speak, and that's it in Carrion Crown.

I'd like to see this AP actually take the risk of being a Carrion Crown sequel. Doubt it will happen though. *shrugs*


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Somone posted more info on tyrants grasp its deffently not going to be a carion crown sequel probly not going to take place in ustlav at all

Paizo Employee Creative Director

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Samy wrote:
So the 2e World Guide is going to describe the Worldwound as closed? Huh. Seems like a bit of a waste of concept.

The six-part Adventure Path on the Worldwound pretty much told the primary story we intended to tell with the region, but it's worth pointing out that even though the Worldwound is closed, the region remains a demon-haunted, demon controlled post-apocalyptic wasteland.

It just changed from one that mortals have no hope of ever defeating and reclaiming to one that DOES have hope for eventual defeat and reclaiming.

Jon Brazer Enterprises

James Jacobs wrote:
Samy wrote:
So the 2e World Guide is going to describe the Worldwound as closed? Huh. Seems like a bit of a waste of concept.

The six-part Adventure Path on the Worldwound pretty much told the primary story we intended to tell with the region, but it's worth pointing out that even though the Worldwound is closed, the region remains a demon-haunted, demon controlled post-apocalyptic wasteland.

It just changed from one that mortals have no hope of ever defeating and reclaiming to one that DOES have hope for eventual defeat and reclaiming.

So you are saying that Mendev is the one that will be sponsoring the Kingmaker 2e expedition? ;)

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dale McCoy Jr wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Samy wrote:
So the 2e World Guide is going to describe the Worldwound as closed? Huh. Seems like a bit of a waste of concept.

The six-part Adventure Path on the Worldwound pretty much told the primary story we intended to tell with the region, but it's worth pointing out that even though the Worldwound is closed, the region remains a demon-haunted, demon controlled post-apocalyptic wasteland.

It just changed from one that mortals have no hope of ever defeating and reclaiming to one that DOES have hope for eventual defeat and reclaiming.

So you are saying that Mendev is the one that will be sponsoring the Kingmaker 2e expedition? ;)

No. That appears to be what you're saying.

Let's also keep questions to serious ones.

I can't even answer a jokey question like this with my own joke, really, because the internet doesn't translate sarcasm or tone, and lots of folks will mistake or misread or misinterpret my responses to mean things that I don't say.

Jon Brazer Enterprises

James Jacobs wrote:
I can't even answer a jokey question like this with my own joke, really, because the internet doesn't translate sarcasm or tone, and lots of folks will mistake or misread or misinterpret my responses to mean things that I don't say.

Fair enough, my bad.


ratcatbo wrote:
Somone posted more info on tyrants grasp its deffently not going to be a carion crown sequel probly not going to take place in ustlav at all

Same BBEG. There is no specific reason why it could not be a sequel other than comfort zone.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Will admit after finding out more info feeling less meh on tyrants grasp at the very least it has cool ideas and permarly killing the wispering tyrant will be cool, i just hope theres some refrences to carion crown at the very least


Start-up sounds awesome ... the latter parts ... not so much, from the current niblets of information.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

5 people marked this as a favorite.
The Mad Comrade wrote:
ratcatbo wrote:
Somone posted more info on tyrants grasp its deffently not going to be a carion crown sequel probly not going to take place in ustlav at all
Same BBEG. There is no specific reason why it could not be a sequel other than comfort zone.

There is, in fact, a specific reason it's not set entirely in Ustalav, but you'll need to wait for a year or so to get more details, since the AP is still being written and we're still in the "give out vague hints but focus most of the push on hyping up the NEXT AP to be released rather than the one after that" mode.

(One reason I can talk about though, is that Ustalav is NOT the "Whispering Tyrant" nation. The Whispering Tyrant is a tiny part of that nation, whose theme is "horror in all its genres." Carrion Crown is more of a "Horror AP" than a "Whispering Tyrant" themed AP.)


Vorsk, Follower or Erastil wrote:
Zi Mishkal wrote:
I figured they would introduce a whole new looming threat with 2E...
Technically i think that they are kinda starting it with one with the playtest adventure Doomsday Dawn. But who knows. Maybe the first AP of Second Edition will introduce a major threat, though there are plenty beyond the Worldwound and the Whispering Tyrant. The Eye of Abendego expanding or moving, Rovagug breakiung free and/or any of his Spawn, Geb and Arazni deciding to expand, I dont really trust that Nex was all that great a guy and his return (Maybe with a way to take over Absalom successfully this time) could also cause a LOT of problems. Plenty of "looming" threats that still need to be dealt with and can cause all sorts of havoc and destruction and those are just obvious ones.

Even though the execution needed work, there was 'DIE VECNA DIE!" a module that was supposed to be a kind of in ubiverse explination of all the rules changes from 2nd to 3rd edition. So maybe this can be the same


James Jacobs wrote:
Samy wrote:
So the 2e World Guide is going to describe the Worldwound as closed? Huh. Seems like a bit of a waste of concept.

The six-part Adventure Path on the Worldwound pretty much told the primary story we intended to tell with the region, but it's worth pointing out that even though the Worldwound is closed, the region remains a demon-haunted, demon controlled post-apocalyptic wasteland.

It just changed from one that mortals have no hope of ever defeating and reclaiming to one that DOES have hope for eventual defeat and reclaiming.

A perfect setting for DOOM


Phillip Gastone wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Samy wrote:
So the 2e World Guide is going to describe the Worldwound as closed? Huh. Seems like a bit of a waste of concept.

The six-part Adventure Path on the Worldwound pretty much told the primary story we intended to tell with the region, but it's worth pointing out that even though the Worldwound is closed, the region remains a demon-haunted, demon controlled post-apocalyptic wasteland.

It just changed from one that mortals have no hope of ever defeating and reclaiming to one that DOES have hope for eventual defeat and reclaiming.

A perfect setting for DOOM

Complete with invincible pink phase ronkers? (If so, steer clear...)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Phillip Gastone wrote:
Even though the execution needed work, there was 'DIE VECNA DIE!" a module that was supposed to be a kind of in ubiverse explination of all the rules changes from 2nd to 3rd edition. So maybe this can be the same

I know it's just a typo but I really like the word "ubiverse", it has a certain je ne sais quoi ("ubi" meaning "where" in Latin).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Semper ubi sub ubi! ;)


Does Latin even have the letter u? I know there is a V, but I thought Latin only had 24 letters.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Maps, Rulebook Subscriber
The Mad Comrade wrote:
Does Latin even have the letter u? I know there is a V, but I thought Latin only had 24 letters.

No J or W.


Joana wrote:
The Mad Comrade wrote:
Does Latin even have the letter u? I know there is a V, but I thought Latin only had 24 letters.
No J or W.

thanks!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The Classical Latin alphabet also had no "U", instead using "V" for this purpose -- "U" (and "W") evolved from "V" later (like "J" evolved from "I"). Also had no lowercase.

Grand Lodge

Wait a sec!

You’re telling me there’s a third Terminator movie?!?

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Kristanna Loken *heartheartheart*


ratcatbo wrote:
Every thing that happened in terminator 2 was a wast at least it fellt like that win i wached the 3 movie

It felt like that when I watched Terminator 2, tbh. Trash the most perfect closed-loop time-travel filmed at the time for a bland predictable feel-good family-friendly cliche, will they? The original script for Salvation could almost have redeemed it, though.

151 to 195 of 195 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Path / General Discussion / Last Pathfinder 1st Edition Adventure Path speculation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.