Why! Why did you do this?!


Website Feedback

1 to 50 of 54 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

6 people marked this as a favorite.

It took me ten minutes to even find the forums. I can’t download anything. I can’t find the daily blog at all.

What was so bad about the old site! I could get to anywhere I needed to go in one or two clicks. Now it’s ADVERTIZING with a side of unfindable community content. When WOTC changed their site to its current monstrosity, I stopped going.

I will miss Paizo’s site. One less thing to draw me away from the TV during commercials.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I don't think it's that bad!

Yeah, it's different to navigate, but we'll get used to it. I'll miss the old color scheme, but it isn't like that was the main draw of the community. The links being identical to regular text is a bit of a bigger problem, but I'm willing to bet they'll fix that soon enough.

My guess, though I'm hardly versed in these things, is that Paizo wanted to upgrade their website and decided to give it a new paint job while they were at it. And it makes sense that they'd move the forums off the main page; this is Paizo's website and it makes more sense to have the things Paizo sells on the front page. Most people who play pathfinder aren't interested in the forums, after all.

And the new layout strikes us as monstrously unintuitive because we're used to the old one; thinking back on my first while on the messageboards I had a hard time finding things, despite being a lurker on the site for years! So I don't think we're qualified to say whether the new site is easier to navigate, since we're versed in the old system. It's like asking someone versed in Pathfinder rules minutia whether 5th Ed. is easier to use; we've already climbed the learning curve.

In any case, Paizo can move material around as much as they like, as far as I'm concerned. I'll find it eventually, regardless!


Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

err, that was meant to be a "wrong forum" flag.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Maps, Rulebook Subscriber

Alas, right now the Pathfinder sourcebooks is empty. I assume that the Campaign Settings and Companions will be where they are located. Give Paizo a bit of time to finish the site.

Also, the Community Use Package link takes you right back to the main page.

Not quite ready for us to use the site yet, so I'll give Paizo a bit more time


well ok... but hellish page. I will use to it, but will took time to learn paizo´s-site-fu this time.


Looks like there's a larger and more active thread on the topic of the new site over on website feedback. They're talking about stuff they still need to fix and people are talking.

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2ux1d&page=2?Paizocom-Update-Scheduled-for- 2272018

That's a link, in case it's hard to tell.

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens Subscriber

The redisgn has already hit my company's firewall. For 11 years it didnt block the old site, it took 3 hours to block the new one

Liberty's Edge

linked


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Count me in the "not a fan" crowd.

Also, large sections appear broken.

Like if you go to Paizo.com/pathfinder hardly anything is there.

It seems to me, if you're going to redesign your website, try doing it earlier so you can work out all the kinks.

As the website stands right now it is almost completely unnavigatable.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

The rollout is happening in stages (presumably to make it easy to track exactly which change is responsible for which bug).

I think if people don’t want to experience the growing pains, it might be worth taking a week or so away from the forums until the actual finished product is up. As I understand it, what we’re seeing now (and for the next few days) is something of a work in progress.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

We'll see, it's a terrible redesign if you ask me.


This is really frustrating.....some warning would have been nice.
I can't even find my wish list anymore....so can't make my purchases today....


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
We'll see, it's a terrible redesign if you ask me.

Some people won’t like it for sure.

There are just some things that aren’t working now but which are bugs, not deliberate changes (Pages with no content, for example. I think they’ve also said the sidebar or something similar will return. Same with holding/fading read and unread threads). I think it’s useful to separate those two categories in deciding if one likes the new site, that’s all.


I'm OK with the new design, but they screwed around with the URLs. And I can't find most of the AP message boards easily! For example, the kIngmaker Board used to be at this URL, but it now just redirects to the front page. And I can't find the AP messageboards -- Kingmaker, Skull & Shackles, etc. -- from the main messageboard interface. Any particular reason you guys restructured the site this way?


Anyone found their wish-list yet ?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
nighttree wrote:
Anyone found their wish-list yet ?

Yes. It's at http://paizo.com/people/<username>/wishlists.

Or at least mine is. You can get there from My Account, My Profile and the wishlist tab, or just clicking on your own username.

I think it has to be the actual username though, not an alias.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I for one am really liking it and I am glad to see them investing in updating this thing. The old one left a LOT to be desired but then everyone has there opinion.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm also amused that when you go to your account pages, you get the old layout including the nice blue link text in the sidebar.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
thejeff wrote:

I'm also amused that when you go to your account pages, you get the old layout including the nice blue link text in the sidebar.

There are some bugs for sure but I imagine that will iron out over time. i would imagine that will be updated at some point as well but they are rolling it out in stages.

There appear to be some issues with the navigation links being cut off on the right hand side of the screen in Firefox atm as well

Sczarni

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens Subscriber
Cpt_kirstov wrote:
The redisgn has already hit my company's firewall. For 11 years it didnt block the old site, it took 3 hours to block the new one

Looks like the ISP actually had it blocked as a 'major changes to the site have happened, let us check that they were valid and not a cyber attack' type thing. I can now access from work again.

Since I only really view the message board, I'm not really affected all that much The messageboards themselves look cleaner right now without the sidebar images, which is good for those of us browsing them at work


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I kind of wish there had been a heads-up about this, maybe with an explanation as to why the new site layout is supposed to be better.


Pathfinder Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I like it! it looks great! :D, is in early stages, obviously, some things will not work as well.

Scarab Sages

Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I miss the easy access to the Blogs that was always there when I entered the website.


I just wanted to download the War For the Crown Player's Guide >.<


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Lord Twitchiopolis wrote:
I just wanted to download the War For the Crown Player's Guide >.<

It's not up yet anyway...


Well, now I know why my cruise ship company blocked me from reaching the Paizo forums for my entire 2-wk voyage.

We didn't have the streaming package and this -set-up- (I'm being polite here) was treated as such.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Spiral_Ninja wrote:

Well, now I know why my cruise ship company blocked me from reaching the Paizo forums for my entire 2-wk voyage.

We didn't have the streaming package and this -set-up- (I'm being polite here) was treated as such.

This change was implemented last night, so most likely it has nothing to do with that, FYI.


VixieMoondew wrote:
Spiral_Ninja wrote:

Well, now I know why my cruise ship company blocked me from reaching the Paizo forums for my entire 2-wk voyage.

We didn't have the streaming package and this -set-up- (I'm being polite here) was treated as such.

This change was implemented last night, so most likely it has nothing to do with that, FYI.

OK, so MSC is just a jerk about internet.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Cpt_kirstov wrote:
Cpt_kirstov wrote:
The redisgn has already hit my company's firewall. For 11 years it didnt block the old site, it took 3 hours to block the new one
Looks like the ISP actually had it blocked as a 'major changes to the site have happened, let us check that they were valid and not a cyber attack' type thing. I can now access from work again.

That's... actually pretty clever of them. Glad to hear that's all it was!

Sovereign Court

Hi

I hate to say this, but can't navigate this site at all!

Bring back the old layout PLEASE

At the moment can't find things that I need. At this rate I'll be avoiding Paizo completely. (And I've just started the Starfinder campaign at my club.

I know I'm old, and my mental capacity has been limited from sleep apnoea and a stroke, but hey.............

So, please - bring back the old layout!

Thanks
Paul H

Scarab Sages

Other than some links being the same color as regular text and finding those links is 3 or 4 pages deep instead of one or two clicks away, I like the look.

But sounds like they are fixing the link colors.

Grand Lodge Director of Technology

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Steve Geddes wrote:

The rollout is happening in stages (presumably to make it easy to track exactly which change is responsible for which bug).

I think if people don’t want to experience the growing pains, it might be worth taking a week or so away from the forums until the actual finished product is up. As I understand it, what we’re seeing now (and for the next few days) is something of a work in progress.

Thank you Steve ... You are correct, we are in the process of rolling stages of our new website and will have most of everyones concerns addressed in the next few days.

Grand Lodge Director of Technology

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tallow wrote:

Other than some links being the same color as regular text and finding those links is 3 or 4 pages deep instead of one or two clicks away, I like the look.

But sounds like they are fixing the link colors.

Thanks Tallow for the feedback... The links concerns are being addressed today.. Please stop by later tonight or tomorrow to review the changes.

Cheers,
Dean

Scarab Sages

Dean Ludwig wrote:
Tallow wrote:

Other than some links being the same color as regular text and finding those links is 3 or 4 pages deep instead of one or two clicks away, I like the look.

But sounds like they are fixing the link colors.

Thanks Tallow for the feedback... The links concerns are being addressed today.. Please stop by later tonight or tomorrow to review the changes.

Cheers,
Dean

Thanks Dean! Is there a reason for the site map having 2 or 3 more nested layers than before? I mean I suppose I can save bookmarks to specific landing pages or forums, but then I need to remember which bookmark is what.

It would be nice to have less layers to navigate as I go deeper into the special parts of the site.


This new web site is awful! It reminds me of WOTC's web site, and that's not a compliment. It's a pain to browse the forum topics. :(


Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Vernon Fults wrote:
This new web site is awful! It reminds me of WOTC's web site, and that's not a compliment. It's a pain to browse the forum topics. :(

If you're used to seeing a whole page of all the topics, it's still there.

You can temporarily bookmark this page until they get the links working again

Forum Overview


I'm actually really enjoying the websites new look. I don't find it hard to navigate and the website no longer looks like a small online stories crappy website.


Is there a way to find the full forums? I went to the top-level Forum link expecting to find the forum, but instead it was links to a very limited list of sub-forums.

So far, looking for anything has required excessive digging.


Go here for the forums in more-or-less the same layout they were before.

Scarab Sages

Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I have noticed there is a spacing problems on the forums.

The first three threads are all bunched together then the rest are about an inch apart. The problem is to the right (where it tells the last post) are all spaced an inch.

Example:
Thread 1 ------------------------- Last post Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
---------------------------------- Last Post Thread 2
---
Thread 4
---------------------------------- Last Post Thread 3
---
Thread 5
---------------------------------- Last Post Thread 4
---
---
---------------------------------- Last Post Thread 5

Also, the font on the posts is like 18 with at least as the spacing, but what is in the quote sections are back to 12 with a 6 spacing (using word terminology).


Dαedαlus wrote:
Go here for the forums in more-or-less the same layout they were before.

Thanks. I had been there, but the first time I was there, the forums weren't loading under the header. Seems to have worked this time.

It seems there are a lot less forums than there used to be though, if that's all.

Edit: Oh, wait, more forums than headers. OK, the stuff is in the list, just not at the top.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Wolf Munroe wrote:

Is there a way to find the full forums? I went to the top-level Forum link expecting to find the forum, but instead it was links to a very limited list of sub-forums.

So far, looking for anything has required excessive digging.

You can also click the "All Messageboards" link at the bottom of any forum page. That wasn't working at first, but it is now.

Or the "Forums" part of the "Community/Forums/Paizo/Website Feedback" line at the top and bottom of most forum pages. Actual line obviously various depending on subforum, but each word is a link.

Grand Lodge

Thew redesign of the website looks good... unfortunately it's way more difficult to navigate. Overall I'm not a fan of this change


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I was horrified when I thought it was only the mobile version that changed... please provide option to switch back to old format if possible in any way. Or make it Mobile only?... not that it worked in Mobile - forums just sent me back to the main page every time.

Breaking virtually every saved link to the website, especially the forums, all at once is terrible.

I am very sad.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I dont like this "update" at all.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

It could just be the inner old man in me, but I do not like the change in the website at all. If possible, please roll back.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I like the look, but the navigation leaves a lot to be desired.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Bah, no one LIKES change. Time to get over it and adapt.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DeathlessOne wrote:
Bah, no one LIKES change. Time to get over it and adapt.

G-Damn Millennials :P

Change is fine, but it should be gradual. The site actually hurts my eyes and is giving me a headache.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Can we start one of these threads for the Pathfinder 2.0 announcement now? This is the end of my relationship with this game.

1 to 50 of 54 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Website Feedback / Why! Why did you do this?! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.