Signing up for games


Organized Play

51 to 84 of 84 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Lantern Lodge Customer Service & Community Manager

Friday Afternoon Scenarios (Brought To You by 10,000 Lakes Gaming)

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Are there supposed to be lottery games on Monday?

Filtering for lottery, I'm only seeing 28 on Friday, and 29 on Saturday and 29 on Sunday.


Sara Marie wrote:
Friday Afternoon Scenarios (Brought To You by 10,000 Lakes Gaming)

Weird. When I click that link, I’m prompted to sign in (even though I already am). When I do (again), I get a blank page and the url in the location bar “blinks” or “flashes”. I still can’t view that event. It’s as if everything 10,000 Lakes Gaming is hidden from me. I can’t see the event and 10,000 Lakes Gaming isn’t listed in the filters sidebar as an organizer.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber
GM Eazy-Earl wrote:
Weird. When I click that link, I’m prompted to sign in (even though I already am). When I do (again), I get a blank page and the url in the location bar “blinks” or “flashes”. I still can’t view that event. It’s as if everything 10,000 Lakes Gaming is hidden from me. I can’t see the event and 10,000 Lakes Gaming isn’t listed in the filters sidebar as an organizer.

Same thing here. FF 59.0.2, Win 10

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, PF Special Edition, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
JoelF847 wrote:

Are there supposed to be lottery games on Monday?

Filtering for lottery, I'm only seeing 28 on Friday, and 29 on Saturday and 29 on Sunday.

I'm seeing the same thing. That's a bummer.


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
GM Crazy Earl wrote:

Weird. When I click that link, I’m prompted to sign in (even though I already am). When I do (again), I get a blank page and the url in the location bar “blinks” or “flashes”. I still can’t view that event. It’s as if everything 10,000 Lakes Gaming is hidden from me. I can’t see the event and 10,000 Lakes Gaming isn’t listed in the filters sidebar as an organizer.

Same here, Firefox ESR 52.7.4, running Oladon's PCT

EDIT:
I'm showing 287 total events, but only a third of them are actually showing up.

Did 10, 000 Lakes Gaming events get placed in the 'standard signup' section and that is why they are 'invisible' at the moment?


TomParker wrote:
JoelF847 wrote:
Filtering for lottery, I'm only seeing 28 on Friday, and 29 on Saturday and 29 on Sunday.
I'm seeing the same thing. That's a bummer.

If you’re only seeing 86 lottery games, I suspect you’re not seeing them all. I’m only seeing 86 myself; I see 86 in the filtering sidebar and when I apply that filter, I manually count 86.

However, I know there is at least one lottery event missing from those 86 which I cannot see (the 10,000 Lakes Gaming lottery event on Friday afternoon). So I know there are at least 87 lottery events; I wonder if there are even more and the same glitch preventing the 10,000 Lakes Gaming event from showing properly is preventing other events from showing properly.

I’m curious to know how many lottery events those who can see the 10,000 Lakes Gaming event are seeing.


Wei Ji the Learner wrote:
Did 10, 000 Lakes Gaming events get placed in the 'standard signup' section and that is why they are 'invisible' at the moment?

Silbeg shared a screenshot of the 10,000 Lakes Gaming event with me. At the time he took it, he obviously could see the event and it showed as a lottery event.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.
GM Eazy-Earl wrote:
TomParker wrote:
JoelF847 wrote:
Filtering for lottery, I'm only seeing 28 on Friday, and 29 on Saturday and 29 on Sunday.
I'm seeing the same thing. That's a bummer.

If you’re only seeing 86 lottery games, I suspect you’re not seeing them all. I’m only seeing 86 myself; I see 86 in the filtering sidebar and when I apply that filter, I manually count 86.

However, I know there is at least one lottery event missing from those 86 which I cannot see (the 10,000 Lakes Gaming lottery event on Friday afternoon). So I know there are at least 87 lottery events; I wonder if there are even more and the same glitch preventing the 10,000 Lakes Gaming event from showing properly is preventing other events from showing properly.

I’m curious to know how many lottery events those who can see the 10,000 Lakes Gaming event are seeing.

Glad to see I'm not seeing different number of lottery events than others. However, I'm wondering if there are others missing, since in past years there have been ones on Monday, and currently there aren't.

Shadow Lodge

If we get into a lottery game on say, Saturday, will the system remove requests for the same game from the Sunday offerings before running the next lottery round? Or might I end up with the same game twice?

Dataphiles

I am also not able to see the 10,000 lakes gaming or able to use the link Sara Marie posted.

Lantern Lodge Customer Service & Community Manager

2 people marked this as a favorite.
JoelF847 wrote:

Are there supposed to be lottery games on Monday?

Filtering for lottery, I'm only seeing 28 on Friday, and 29 on Saturday and 29 on Sunday.

Reposting a comment I made in the blog thread.

Monday has always been a hard day to schedule. I've toyed around with a lot of different ideas since we expanded to 4 days (3.5) and I'm finally doing a bit of an experiment for 2018.

We'll have Organized Play Games in the Grand Ballroom, 2 tables of Playtest Delves with the design team running them in the morning followed by a Playtest Feedback seminar, Starfinder Delve, and (the experimental part) the Evergreen rooms will have a host of Paizo employees with boardgames, card games or other shorter, casual games, I believe we even have a employee or two that are planning on hooking up video games on the projector in one of the Olympic seminar rooms. Reaction from staff so far has been quite positive as it provides a relaxed structure for getting to play games and hang out with the community. My goal is to help facilitate staff and fans getting some interaction without the intense prep or skillset required to run an RPG adventure.It also allows fans to play with staff without a 4-5 hour game commitment, folks can drop in to play for an hour or two and then head out if they need to catch their flight or head out.
All of the Cascade rooms will also be open for anyone who wants to run games in those.

Since this is a change from past years I am curious to hear from attendees, both fans and staff, after the show for how they feel that it went.

Lantern Lodge Customer Service & Community Manager

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'll be there gaming and plan on bringing Settlers of Catan.

Lantern Lodge Customer Service & Community Manager

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Turns out making sure the "Event is Public" flag is really important to have flagged. >.<
Can everyone see the Friday Afternoon Scenarios (Brought To You by 10,000 Lakes Gaming) event now?


Thanks, Sara Marie; I can see it now.

Contributor

thistledown wrote:
If we get into a lottery game on say, Saturday, will the system remove requests for the same game from the Sunday offerings before running the next lottery round? Or might I end up with the same game twice?

Unless there’s been a change from past years, the system does not remove a game from your personal rankings even if you’ve been assigned another session of that game. Since people usually only get something like 1-3 lottery games, it’s not super likely that it will happen, but it is possible and has happened before. There is a trading system in place after the lottery closes, so if you get two sessions of the same game, you can try to trade one of them for something else.


So... let’s say I don’t care about the lottery games and am only coming to play normaly run of the mill pathfinder (more on this in a moment), where do I sign up for those games?

Basically, me and two of my gaming friends are coming to the Con...all first time Con-testants? And guys who have uniformaly had poor PFS experiences... (maybe that is unnecessary for this post).. basically, we just want to play together and have a great weekend of drinking, gaming and no work.

Where do we sign up for those games?

Also, this lottery is confusing for me. Do you need a certain level character to join a game? How do I know what I should try for? What the heck is all of this stuff?

Grand Lodge

If you show the event details, it will tell you more. Character rules are listed at the very bottom. Open event signup starts after the lottery is run.

Quote:

Celestial Intrigue

Friday afternoon, 1:00–5:00 pm • Cascade 12

In this Planescape adventure, Celestia dispatches an elite group of warriors on a reconnaissance mission to the Abyss.

Hide event details
Event # 551180
When PaizoCon 2018: Fri, May 25, 2018, 01:00 pm – 05:00 pm
Where DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Cascade 12
18740 International Blvd
Seatac, WA 98188-4234
Contact Jessica Redekop
Category Pathfinder RPG Roleplaying Game
Game Master Jessica Redekop
Age Rating 13+
Complexity Normal
Experience Required Novice
Materials Required Dice
Character Players will use pre-generated characters provided by Game Master

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

Sara Marie wrote:
JoelF847 wrote:

Are there supposed to be lottery games on Monday?

Filtering for lottery, I'm only seeing 28 on Friday, and 29 on Saturday and 29 on Sunday.

Reposting a comment I made in the blog thread.

Monday has always been a hard day to schedule. I've toyed around with a lot of different ideas since we expanded to 4 days (3.5) and I'm finally doing a bit of an experiment for 2018.

We'll have Organized Play Games in the Grand Ballroom, 2 tables of Playtest Delves with the design team running them in the morning followed by a Playtest Feedback seminar, Starfinder Delve, and (the experimental part) the Evergreen rooms will have a host of Paizo employees with boardgames, card games or other shorter, casual games, I believe we even have a employee or two that are planning on hooking up video games on the projector in one of the Olympic seminar rooms. Reaction from staff so far has been quite positive as it provides a relaxed structure for getting to play games and hang out with the community. My goal is to help facilitate staff and fans getting some interaction without the intense prep or skillset required to run an RPG adventure.It also allows fans to play with staff without a 4-5 hour game commitment, folks can drop in to play for an hour or two and then head out if they need to catch their flight or head out.
All of the Cascade rooms will also be open for anyone who wants to run games in those.

Since this is a change from past years I am curious to hear from attendees, both fans and staff, after the show for how they feel that it went.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm happy with anything that adds more board games to the con!

Lantern Lodge Customer Service & Community Manager

Globetrotter wrote:

Where do we sign up for those games?

Also, this lottery is confusing for me. Do you need a certain level character to join a game? How do I know what I should try for? What the heck is all of this stuff?

General registration/ Open Even sign up, which includes organized play games, starts on Wed, May 9, 2018, 10:00 am.

For lottery events, many will have pregenerated characters available and if not, there should be requirements listed on the event's individual page (click on the title of an event should open it).


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I can see it now, thank you!


Sara Marie wrote:
Globetrotter wrote:

Where do we sign up for those games?

Also, this lottery is confusing for me. Do you need a certain level character to join a game? How do I know what I should try for? What the heck is all of this stuff?

General registration/ Open Even sign up, which includes organized play games, starts on Wed, May 9, 2018, 10:00 am.

For lottery events, many will have pregenerated characters available and if not, there should be requirements listed on the event's individual page (click on the title of an event should open it).

Fantastic!

Thanks everyone. You guys are great.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
Sara Marie wrote:

Turns out making sure the "Event is Public" flag is really important to have flagged. >.<

Can everyone see the Friday Afternoon Scenarios (Brought To You by 10,000 Lakes Gaming) event now?

Still no by the way - I get the flickering/reloading page. I do see the individual events though, so maybe that's the way it should be now.

Dark Archive

Yes, they are now listed as individual events.

The Exchange

Are organized play games now open for sign up? I'm not seeing anything on http://paizo.com/organizedplay/events.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

http://paizo.com/paizocon/events

The Exchange

Awesome. Thank you!

Liberty's Edge

My partner is only coming on Sunday and is interested in playing PFS, can they sign up in advance, or would they be treated as a walk-in?


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

If there are spaces available for PFS on Sunday still, they can still get the tickets for it if they have a badge for that day, is my understanding?


This will be my first PaizoCon as well. A long time forum reader and finally making it to a PaizoCon.
I have reserved a room at DoubleTree, signed up for games, seminars, Banquet, and set time to be a tourist in Seattle.
Have a few questions before I start a road trip to Seattle. Some games have characters provided, but no mention of this for Solstice Scar. For Tiers 1-2, should I bring a 1st or 2nd level character? Does it have to be made on the PFS site? Is there a number or code for this?
No events are planned for Monday afternoon, so are there pickup games Monday afternoon?
Thanks. Looking forward this.

Scarab Sages

SilverKnight916 wrote:

This will be my first PaizoCon as well. A long time forum reader and finally making it to a PaizoCon.

I have reserved a room at DoubleTree, signed up for games, seminars, Banquet, and set time to be a tourist in Seattle.
Have a few questions before I start a road trip to Seattle. Some games have characters provided, but no mention of this for Solstice Scar. For Tiers 1-2, should I bring a 1st or 2nd level character? Does it have to be made on the PFS site? Is there a number or code for this?
No events are planned for Monday afternoon, so are there pickup games Monday afternoon?
Thanks. Looking forward this.

Hi Silver. For all the games with PFS in the title that do not have characters provided you will need to bring a character (or use a pregen). Specifically a 1st level character, which you can register here. As you play games with that character you will collect chronicles of their adventures, gaining levels as you build up XP in PFS games. This applies to the special as well.


like any convention it gets a little chaotic.
As usual there will be some changes. The line is long and mustering can be hit or miss. Be early. I did get bumped from a game last year but found another.
It is better to have tickets than not. I did see all of the walk ins get seated.
I would print out 3 pregenerated characters of 1,4,7th level and take those with you. The GM should have a laminated character set.
In PFS it is better to use a pregenerated character for your first three games due to campaign rules. It also makes thing super easy. Then you create a second level character with about 1650 in gold.

now which 3 pregens....


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber
SilverKnight916 wrote:
Some games have characters provided, but no mention of this for Solstice Scar. For Tiers 1-2, should I bring a 1st or 2nd level character? Does it have to be made on the PFS site? Is there a number or code for this?

If you are new you would play a first level character. You could use a PFS pregen character or there will be a Character Creation Station available (open 7am-7pm most days) if you would like assistance developing your own to play with. You should be able to obtain an Organized Play number while there.


another PaizoCon over.... few weeks gone by.

Sara Marie really did a fantastic job helping the independent GMs slot games in the available tables and rooms.

It was a little chaotic as the process goes;
0) sign up to volunteer games at PaizoCon and
1) sign up and get your game from the LOTTERY
1b) make any conflict adjustments from 0.
2) slotting your games at PaizoCon, which yields available time to
3) GM games outside of the Paizo Organized Play schedule.
and the lead time until show time gets smaller with each step. 8^0

Tom did a good job hosting the schedule on WarHorn and updating the slots. So remember that link above as it will probably be good next year.

Sadly there's no GM boon for running games outside of the Paizo sponsored format. 10000 lakes or Local VOs might schedule in advance and see what can be done similar to GenCon's event at Scotty's Brewhouse.

51 to 84 of 84 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / PaizoCon / Events / Organized Play / Signing up for games All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.