Marvel's Black Widow solo movie


Movies

51 to 75 of 75 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Sounds like no Covid-19 release delay at the moment either.

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Marvel fans will show up in hazmat suits.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DeathQuaker wrote:
Marvel fans will show up in hazmat suits.

Or hope to gain superpowers from exposure. "Bitten by a radioactive virus, she became Patient Zero! With her faithful canine companion, Vector..."

Sorry, I'm on kind of a "dumb origins" kick lately. Reading several books like this and watching the 1st episode of Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist will have that effect, apparently.


Well dumb or not, origin stories are something comic book fans like. At least good ones.

And yes I don't think Black Widow will be significantly impacted by the Covid-19 outbreak. It might even be largely over by then anyway.

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

Damon, sounds fun, maybe write those down for a Mutants and Masterminds (or insert your favorite supers game of your choice) game.

Thomas, dangerous to make assumptions about Covid-19. I'm sure they are just hoping for the best and not wanting to wreck their production schedule. As for origin stories, FYI this movie is not really going to be an origin story. While I'm sure her beginnings will be expanded upon, the main story arc takes place right after Civil War.


Which is one of the reasons I hope it will be succesful (beyond really hoping that Black Widow gets the respect she deserves).
If it works out, it opens the door to doing more "in between" movies instead of Always having to set up the next Avengers, the next Story line, bla bla. That would take a lot of pressure from the Writers.


DeathQuaker wrote:

Damon, sounds fun, maybe write those down for a Mutants and Masterminds (or insert your favorite supers game of your choice) game.

Thomas, dangerous to make assumptions about Covid-19. I'm sure they are just hoping for the best and not wanting to wreck their production schedule. As for origin stories, FYI this movie is not really going to be an origin story. While I'm sure her beginnings will be expanded upon, the main story arc takes place right after Civil War.

Kind of wish it was taking place between Infinity War and Endgame. Would have been interesting to see a bit more of post-Snap earth, even if that wasn't the main focus.


DerNils wrote:

Which is one of the reasons I hope it will be succesful (beyond really hoping that Black Widow gets the respect she deserves).

If it works out, it opens the door to doing more "in between" movies instead of Always having to set up the next Avengers, the next Story line, bla bla. That would take a lot of pressure from the Writers.

I'm torn. I do like the big story arcs.

I think they've done a pretty good job of having in between movies only loosely attached to the main arc in addition to the obvious main arc episodes. A McGuffin. A post credits scene. Or just the intro of a main character who's going to be important.


DQ,

I'm sorry I assumed something...mostly because I was under the misinformation about how wide spread the outbreak is turning out to be.

Also apparently BW is being put on hiatus until after this is settled. Which sucks because I was hoping to see that and New Mutants before the middle of the summer...

Liberty's Edge

According to medical and health professionals, it sounds like it’s going to get a good bit worse before it gets better ...

We will likely see more movies and other forms of public / group entertainment take similar precautions over the next few months.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.
DeathQuaker wrote:
Marvel fans will show up in hazmat suits.

If they're MARVEL fans, they would be yellow hazmat suits. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
DeathQuaker wrote:
Marvel fans will show up in hazmat suits.
If they're MARVEL fans, they would be yellow hazmat suits. :)

With Beehive hats/helmets/whatever those things are


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Uh uh. Not wearing the yellow suit. I'm not getting mistaken for some AIM dude. That doesn't work out well. Ever.


I'm with Lathiira, A.I.M minions/grunts don't do well in situations like this...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I thought A.I.M was good now?


Thomas Seitz wrote:

DQ,

I'm sorry I assumed something...mostly because I was under the misinformation about how wide spread the outbreak is turning out to be.

Also apparently BW is being put on hiatus until after this is settled. Which sucks because I was hoping to see that and New Mutants before the middle of the summer...

NEW MUTANTS must have a curse or something on it.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

Werthead wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:

DQ,

I'm sorry I assumed something...mostly because I was under the misinformation about how wide spread the outbreak is turning out to be.

Also apparently BW is being put on hiatus until after this is settled. Which sucks because I was hoping to see that and New Mutants before the middle of the summer...

NEW MUTANTS must have a curse or something on it.

With so many big movies being delayed, I'm expecting that the calendar for the rest of the year will start to get so crowded that any movie which isn't an expected blockbuster might find a home elsewhere instead of a theatrical release. I'm betting New Mutants could have a Disney+ release due to this, especially with them already setting a precedent of adding Frozen II to D+ 3 months earlier than planned.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

In fairness, you could already buy it on DVD or whatever format you prefer.


Freehold DM wrote:
I thought A.I.M was good now?

It didn't last. While Roberto was able to hold onto the name for a bit, eventually the grunts rebelled and they joined up with others to do regular A.I.M. stuff.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
I thought A.I.M was good now?
It didn't last. While Roberto was able to hold onto the name for a bit, eventually the grunts rebelled and they joined up with others to do regular A.I.M. stuff.

It's a shame. I quite liked Roberto running A.I.M.

Not actually fond of how he's being used in the New Mutants now.

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32, 2011 Top 16

Put your A.I.M. suits away everyone, it's been delayed. No new date announced yet.


thejeff wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
I thought A.I.M was good now?
It didn't last. While Roberto was able to hold onto the name for a bit, eventually the grunts rebelled and they joined up with others to do regular A.I.M. stuff.

It's a shame. I quite liked Roberto running A.I.M.

Not actually fond of how he's being used in the New Mutants now.

same.

Love USAvengers.


Freehold DM wrote:
thejeff wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
I thought A.I.M was good now?
It didn't last. While Roberto was able to hold onto the name for a bit, eventually the grunts rebelled and they joined up with others to do regular A.I.M. stuff.

It's a shame. I quite liked Roberto running A.I.M.

Not actually fond of how he's being used in the New Mutants now.

same.

Love USAvengers.

I've been out of comics WAYYY too long. Last I remember Roberto DaCosta he was a hot-headed strong guy, with some burgeoning heat aspects to his powers, who was known for being rash, sexist and maybe a little dumb. He's been RUNNING Advanced Idea Mechanics, the "big brain" techie bad guy group?

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Mark Hoover 330 wrote:
I've been out of comics WAYYY too long. Last I remember Roberto DaCosta he was a hot-headed strong guy, with some burgeoning heat aspects to his powers, who was known for being rash, sexist and maybe a little dumb. He's been RUNNING Advanced Idea Mechanics, the "big brain" techie bad guy group?

Yeah. The organization was on bad times, it's last supreme leader dead, and along came Roberto, flush with tons of money he'd inherited from his dad (and with updated powers from that old Reignfire debacle in the '80s, so he can fly and throw zaps, but rarely does, usually just tanking), and bought them up and rebranded AIM as 'Avengers Idea Mechanics,' and set them to work supporting an Avengers team of his own including Songbird, Wiccan, Hulkling, Hawkeye, and some others (POD, Squirrel Girl, the second Power Man, the third or fourth White Tiger, Toni Ho, etc.). It was pretty whacky, and fun.

But it's over and he's back in the X-side of the universe, although, I think he's currently in Shiar space with Sam (who is married to one of the Shiar Imperial Guard).


All that Set said is currently correct!

51 to 75 of 75 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Entertainment / Movies / Marvel's Black Widow solo movie All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Movies