Redeemed Nocticula appearance


Product Discussion


a homebrew mythic campaign I'm going to run has to do with the redemption of various entities, the most notable of which is the demon lord Nocticula. And I'm wondering - how will she look like as the CN goddess of artists, outcasts and the glories of midnight?
The current look is just too demonic - bat wings, lava hooves, THREE TAILS for crying out loud. Also the color scheme is off with all that black and red.
Please help me.

PD


Potato Disciple are you looking for a new look or need a pic.


Look - I'll get a friend of mine to do the actual art.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

She stands tall and has long black hair. Her four arms and hands are covered in obsidian. Also right above her knees and carries down her feet is covered in obsidian. She has wings completely made of a fire. The rock spikes poke through her skin. Lastly all the Obsidian is slightly broken open to expose lava.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"In that new age, the hue of Her avatar gloried to an endlessly deep black, pricked with stars as She desired, whether solar irises or nebulae brows. Faint few stars flickered, hinting whispers along the line of Her lips. And on the black canvas, draped streams of colors, riotous or restful, raging or romantic, as ever any was Her wish. These often suggested, or even clearly drew, on the works of mortals, though whether the goddess was robed in their reveries, or their reveries wrought by Her wont, is not a question, or surely not an answer, for mortals."

She's CN, man. :) You can't pin her down.

Show her in a closed gallery (or one rocking at midnight?), pieces on the walls echoed in her clothes, and an easel in the shot, with a piece just started that _might_ suggest inspiration flows the other way.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Some ideas-

I would think the CN goddess of artists, outcasts, and the glories of midnight would have sort of a "Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge!" vibe going on. Cover up the hooves with a long black and red dress, with some really high slits because she was after all a succubus and is not self-conscious about these sorts of things. You could work the tails into the train of the dress somehow probably and the horns should be less noticeable as she has her hair tied up in a somewhat impressive bun. Fold the wings to evoke a cape, and make the sleeves of the dress asymmetrical. Work in some tattoos or piercings because she is the goddess of outcasts, but the whole thing should scream "refined, sexy, confident, and dangerous" but remember that her people are a bit bohemian.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thornborn wrote:

"In that new age, the hue of Her avatar gloried to an endlessly deep black, pricked with stars as She desired, whether solar irises or nebulae brows. Faint few stars flickered, hinting whispers along the line of Her lips. And on the black canvas, draped streams of colors, riotous or restful, raging or romantic, as ever any was Her wish. These often suggested, or even clearly drew, on the works of mortals, though whether the goddess was robed in their reveries, or their reveries wrought by Her wont, is not a question, or surely not an answer, for mortals."

She's CN, man. :) You can't pin her down.

Show her in a closed gallery (or one rocking at midnight?), pieces on the walls echoed in her clothes, and an easel in the shot, with a piece just started that _might_ suggest inspiration flows the other way.

Thornborn what are you talking about?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thornborn wrote:
She's CN, man. :) You can't pin her down.

That's simplifying the chaotic neutral alignment to chaotic stupid levels. There are plenty of chaotic neutral deities whose appearance can be "pinned down" to various degrees.

(Gorum is always a huge guy in heavy metal armor, Calistria tends to be a female elf in revealing clothes... even Groetus has old records describing his appearance.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I could see her looking demonic but softer somehow. Like, she might still have hooves, horns, and wings but shed the lava & obsidian look. Probably a cool colors scheme, as suggested already.

I can't see a redeemed Nocticula being remotely shy about being an ex-demon, and I'd agree with her attire veering towards the sexy side of classy evening wear.

I'd suggest looking at World of Warcraft's Draenei for inspiration.

She'd probably still have the tails; might even get extra ones, like a nine-tailed kitsune.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Potato disciple wrote:

a homebrew mythic campaign I'm going to run has to do with the redemption of various entities, the most notable of which is the demon lord Nocticula. And I'm wondering - how will she look like as the CN goddess of artists, outcasts and the glories of midnight?

The current look is just too demonic - bat wings, lava hooves, THREE TAILS for crying out loud. Also the color scheme is off with all that black and red.
Please help me.

PD

Got you covered.

Linky >:)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Oh my god that's really good. Besides the obvious anime-student-girl unfit thing, this is basically what I mean.


Zhangar wrote:

I could see her looking demonic but softer somehow. Like, she might still have hooves, horns, and wings but shed the lava & obsidian look. Probably a cool colors scheme, as suggested already.

I can't see a redeemed Nocticula being remotely shy about being an ex-demon, and I'd agree with her attire veering towards the sexy side of classy evening wear.

I'd suggest looking at World of Warcraft's Draenei for inspiration.

She'd probably still have the tails; might even get extra ones, like a nine-tailed kitsune.

I'm glad the OP found his, but I'm making this though obsidian need not be out - simply have it phase in and out with the moon to more golden silvery glass. Similarly the glow on her wings might change hue, but doesn't have to - she is the goddess of outcasts, after all, and o could see her rocking the more, well, rock-punk angle, too (though my vision is more like classy evening wear, yeah.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
baron arem heshvaun wrote:

Hello Mighty T Rex,

James, while I am sure you may have covered this in some form before, could you please give your opinion, in the way Demogorgon, Orcus, Graz'zt, Pazuzu and to a lesser extent Fraz-Urb’luu, where able to style themselves ‘prince’ above the other demon ‘lords’ in earlier editions of the game, on Golarion, which of the Abyssal lords could conceivably, by might or hubris, be elevated to that position?

None. We don't use the concept of a "demon prince" in Pathfinder.

Once a demon lord gains enough power to step up to the next tier of power, she or he becomes a deity rather than a demigod. So far that's only happened once, with Lamashtu, but it will very likely happen a second time soon with Nocticula ascending to the role of a chaotic neutral goddess of midnight, artists, and outcasts.

This might be very helpful for you :) Gotta love the Ask James Jacobs Discussion :)


Oliver Veyrac wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
baron arem heshvaun wrote:

Hello Mighty T Rex,

James, while I am sure you may have covered this in some form before, could you please give your opinion, in the way Demogorgon, Orcus, Graz'zt, Pazuzu and to a lesser extent Fraz-Urb’luu, where able to style themselves ‘prince’ above the other demon ‘lords’ in earlier editions of the game, on Golarion, which of the Abyssal lords could conceivably, by might or hubris, be elevated to that position?

None. We don't use the concept of a "demon prince" in Pathfinder.

Once a demon lord gains enough power to step up to the next tier of power, she or he becomes a deity rather than a demigod. So far that's only happened once, with Lamashtu, but it will very likely happen a second time soon with Nocticula ascending to the role of a chaotic neutral goddess of midnight, artists, and outcasts.

This might be very helpful for you :) Gotta love the Ask James Jacobs Discussion :)

Makes you wonder about the possible relationship between a risen Nocticula and Shelyn.


Wevi wrote:
Thornborn what are you talking about?

I was describing a change to black-skinned, with stars painting in Her details, and clothing that either draws from or flows to mortal masterpieces of art. That 'checks off' artists and glories of midnight, although both dominions are larger than the examples I used. As for the outcasts dominion, I suspect a wonder if that's not too highly campaign-specific to be speculated on from without. But as a former demon, there'll be few trusting her, so outcasts might be coloured in by default.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder RPG / Paizo Products / Product Discussion / Redeemed Nocticula appearance All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.