Request to PFS Leadership Regarding Paths of Righteous prestige class access


Pathfinder Society

Grand Lodge 2/5

1 person marked this as FAQ candidate. 1 person marked this as a favorite.

Any chance we can get a sense of which prestige classes from Paths of the Righteous are outright banned and which are being held in reserve for possible boons? I know at least one has come out as a boon. I’m keen to play a Stargazer, and hoping it may someday be available. I’m not asking for guarantees of what will be released, but rather “here are the ones that MAY someday be released” (or maybe easier to say “here are the definite bans”).

5/5

I don't think it's fair to ask for an announcement of something before it gets announced, if you get my meaning. Anything Paizo says here will be held against them if things change between now and then.

(I also love the stargazer, though... I hope it makes the cut!)

Silver Crusade 4/5 5/55/55/5 RPG Superstar 2013 Top 8

I wanted to play a Runeguard until it was taken from (IMO) moderate power level to weak power level by Campaign Clarifications.

Silver Crusade 1/5 5/5

"I'm personally hoping for the Devoted Muse.

I'm not even hung up over the whole 'to Glaive', or 'not to Glaive' which seems to be the theoretical ideal that gets it all wound up with overly-large paint brushes.

It can work, even without the signature weapon of the Eternal Rose."

Silver Crusade 5/5 5/55/5 Venture-Captain, Germany—Bavaria

Rose Thorne wrote:


"I'm personally hoping for the Devoted Muse.

I'm not even hung up over the whole 'to Glaive', or 'not to Glaive' which seems to be the theoretical ideal that gets it all wound up with overly-large paint brushes.

It can work, even without the signature weapon of the Eternal Rose."

That prestige class is legal and has always been.

Silver Crusade 5/5 5/55/5 Venture-Captain, Germany—Bavaria

Bristor Gwin wrote:

Any chance we can get a sense of which prestige classes from Paths of the Righteous are outright banned and which are being held in reserve for possible boons? I know at least one has come out as a boon. I’m keen to play a Stargazer, and hoping it may someday be available. I’m not asking for guarantees of what will be released, but rather “here are the ones that MAY someday be released” (or maybe easier to say “here are the definite bans”).

I would not hold my breath about that one and play a thematically linked character without the prestige class.


Yeah. Stargazer is, I suspect, unlikely to ever become PFS-legal. (I have similar suspicions about heritor knight, but we'll see.)

Sovereign Court

Hoping that there might be access to the Brewkeeper in the future.

Silver Crusade 1/5 5/5

"Perhaps with some modification of Brew Potion to bring it more in line with the Alchemist class? I totally want to do this!"

The Exchange

Dawnflower Anchorite so I can relive the Fochlucan Lyrist druid bard dream.

Also just pretty much every other class in the book. I would like to play those too.

And yeah Devoted Muse has been legal the whole time. It is part of the mighty triple CHA to AC build.

1/5 5/5

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

...learns something new every day. Must have conflated the whole Overly Large Brush not being available with the PC not being available...

Silver Crusade 5/5 5/55/5 Venture-Captain, Germany—Bavaria

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Ragoz wrote:


And yeah Devoted Muse has been legal the whole time. It is part of the mighty triple CHA to AC build.

Try to be careful about that one in regards to certain FAQs.

The Exchange

Quote:
a devoted muse adds 1 point of her Charisma bonus (if any) per class level as a dodge bonus to her Armor Class.
Quote:
When unarmored and unencumbered, the (Scaled Fist) monk adds his Charisma bonus (if any) to his AC and his CMD.
Quote:
the paladin gains a deflection bonus equal to her Charisma modifier (if any) to her AC against attacks made by the target of the smite.

All good here.

If you need quadruple CHA to AC more situationally:

Osyluth Guile wrote:
While you are fighting defensively or using the total defense action, select one opponent. Add your Charisma bonus to your AC as a dodge bonus against that opponent’s melee attacks until your next turn. You cannot use this feat if you cannot see the selected opponent.

Community / Forums / Organized Play / Pathfinder Society / Request to PFS Leadership Regarding Paths of Righteous prestige class access All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Pathfinder Society