Web based character sheet for tablets, phones and desktop


Pathfinder First Edition General Discussion


8 people marked this as a favorite.

My side project, awesomeSheet, is a web based character sheet which can store multiple characters.

I've been working on it for a few years and thought I would share it here. It's free to use, so have at it.

Features:


  • Responsive web based app. (Can be "saved to home screen" on Android Chrome for app like experience)
  • Offline use (Service Worker browsers [Chrome, Firefox and maybe others]).
  • Export and Import characters as JSON file.
  • Display mode for reading when not editing.
  • Night mode.
  • Keyboard shortcuts.
  • Edit stats and key abilities will auto update.
  • Multi class support.
  • Automatic size and special size calculations.
  • Dynamically add Classes, Attacks, Item, Consumables and custom Skills.
  • Track Consumables with total and used/spent values.
  • Track Spells with Prepared, Cast and Active markers and new direct Spell control modal.
  • Record and track XP and wealth
  • Locally store all edits that will persist after page reload.

Feedback is welcome.
(Warning, does not work on safari)

Cheers :)

Code is on github

PS, see if you can find the easter egg cough fireball cough. PSS, if you find bugs do let me know. It's a never ending hunt.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens Subscriber

Any plans for adding a space for companion creature statblocks? (Familiars, Eidolons, Intelligent magic items, Animal Companions, etc.)
Also, how about fractional multiclassing?


How do I use this? *doesn't know how to program, but from the looks of the sample sheets, Totally wants to use it*

Update: I have figured it out....... I think...

Update 2: Nope still don't know.... *has the program open, don't know how to create a character sheet*


Dracala wrote:

How do I use this? *doesn't know how to program, but from the looks of the sample sheets, Totally wants to use it*

Update: I have figured it out....... I think...

Update 2: Nope still don't know.... *has the program open, don't know how to create a character sheet*

There's a three - (line) button in the top left, clicking it pulls out a slider sidebar, has an "add" option among others.

On another note, this looks like a very neat sheet that I just might use! Well done Zomfox! Definitely one of the most useful features you could add would be an animal companion section.


Kiesman I was kinda meaning from the GitHub stuff.... cuz I didn't wanna mess with the webpage (had kinda messed with the first sample char.... and well... it stayed when I had left and come back but I fixed it as best I could)... so I got scared and wanted to use it offline.... >.>


Dracala wrote:
Kiesman I was kinda meaning from the GitHub stuff.... cuz I didn't wanna mess with the webpage (had kinda messed with the first sample char.... and well... it stayed when I had left and come back but I fixed it as best I could)... so I got scared and wanted to use it offline.... >.>

Hi Dracala, You can use the site from the URL I posted. Make a new character (or delete old characters) from the menu in to the top right (the hamburger menu).

What you see when landing on the site are sample characters. All characters are stored locally on your device. You don't have to worry about messing up the demo characters. You can add more or clear them all, it's up to you. Users don't have to use Github to use this web app.


LoudKid wrote:

Any plans for adding a space for companion creature statblocks? (Familiars, Eidolons, Intelligent magic items, Animal Companions, etc.)

Also, how about fractional multiclassing?

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I can add this to my issue tracker as something to investigate.

To help me out, what would you expect to see in a companion creature tracker? What inputs or controls?

Currently I handle companion creature like new characters. Which can be added as normal from the hamburger menu and switch to them when needed.

Also, what are fractional multiclassing? I'm not familiar with them.


Kiesman wrote:
Dracala wrote:

How do I use this? *doesn't know how to program, but from the looks of the sample sheets, Totally wants to use it*

Update: I have figured it out....... I think...

Update 2: Nope still don't know.... *has the program open, don't know how to create a character sheet*

There's a three - (line) button in the top left, clicking it pulls out a slider sidebar, has an "add" option among others.

On another note, this looks like a very neat sheet that I just might use! Well done Zomfox! Definitely one of the most useful features you could add would be an animal companion section.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Please see my reply to LoudKid. Can you provide me with what you expect to see in a companion section please? What controls and inputs?


Ideally it would be a character block of some sort directly linked to the specific character that has the animal companion, maybe like... using the character as a "folder" and then in the hamburger menu character list have it be indented under that character. If you know what I mean by that?

Another useful aspect would be access to the character's companion's HP section from within your base character block.

Liberty's Edge

zomfox wrote:
Also, what are fractional multiclassing? I'm not familiar with them.

I believe they mean Fractional Bonus Advancement. It's basically a method that retains the progression of levels that don't immediately increase BAB/Saves across different classes, so you can dip 3/4 bab classes without feeling bad about that 0 bab level.

As someone who mostly uses Myth-Weavers, I like this sheet - it's very responsive/fast, and not excessive in its boxes. Really good for quick edits, and the spells.

I like the toggle between edit mode and concise display, and the fact that most things can just be typed into a box instead of a bajillion new lines to manually add.

It's a shame that they're stored offline (makes it a little clumsy to share), but that's understandable giving what hosting would require.

Dotting, in any case. This is by far the fastest digital sheet to tweak that I've used.


zomfox wrote:

Hi Dracala, You can use the site from the URL I posted. Make a new character (or delete old characters) from the menu in to the top right (the hamburger menu).

What you see when landing on the site are sample characters. All characters are stored locally on your device. You don't have to worry about messing up the demo characters. You can add more or clear them all, it's up to you. Users don't have to use Github to use this web app.

Thank you very much Zomfox, this is exactly what I wanted to know about, I'm very sorry that I got scared, confused, and then sidetracked by RL....


The Dandy Lion wrote:
zomfox wrote:
Also, what are fractional multiclassing? I'm not familiar with them.

I believe they mean Fractional Bonus Advancement. It's basically a method that retains the progression of levels that don't immediately increase BAB/Saves across different classes, so you can dip 3/4 bab classes without feeling bad about that 0 bab level.

As someone who mostly uses Myth-Weavers, I like this sheet - it's very responsive/fast, and not excessive in its boxes. Really good for quick edits, and the spells.

I like the toggle between edit mode and concise display, and the fact that most things can just be typed into a box instead of a bajillion new lines to manually add.

It's a shame that they're stored offline (makes it a little clumsy to share), but that's understandable giving what hosting would require.

Dotting, in any case. This is by far the fastest digital sheet to tweak that I've used.

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it. The project is still in development so improvements are being rolled out all the time. So watch this space.

I'll look into Fractional Bonus Advancement but don't know if it can be supported based on how this project is architected. Cheers for the info.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / General Discussion / Web based character sheet for tablets, phones and desktop All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.