I'm having some trouble interpreting the "Egoistic" dynamic item creation perk.
First, the official wording to save you from having to look it up:
All of the bearer's feats and class features that affect a specific weapon or weapon group change to affect the egoistic weapon's type or group as long as she possesses the weapon. If the bearer can specify more than one type or group, she can choose which weapon or group she retains and which switch to the egoistic weapon's type or group.
Now, imagine a (terrible) character with the following feats:
- Weapon Focus (Longsword)
- Weapon Specialization (Longsword)
- Weapon Focus (Quarterstaff)
- Quarterstaff Master
- Weapon Focus (Dagger)
- Greater Weapon Focus (Dagger)
Let's say you craft a Greatsword and rolled the "Egoistic" perk. What happens?
On my original reading of "Egoistic", I assumed it meant that any feat or class ability that calls out a specific weapon or weapon group now applies to the Egoistic weapon. In this case, you're basically gaining Weapon Focus (Greatsword) (once, since it can't stack), Greater Weapon Focus (Greatsword), Weapon Specialization (Greatsword), and can now wield the greatsword with one hand, thanks to Quarterstaff Master.
However, I'm wondering if I'm misinterpreting the intention of "specific weapon" here, as it could be read as saying you had to pick ONE specific weapon - either the Quarterstaff feats, the Dagger feats, OR the Longsword feats.
To throw another wrench into things, the phrasing of the last line makes it seem like, if you had more than two options, you pick ONE to stay and the others switch.
Basically trying to work out which of these three scenarios happen:
- A. You gain Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, and Quarterstaff Master, all applicable to the Greatsword
- B. You gain Weapon Focus, ONE of the following: Greater Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, or Quarterstaff Master, applicable to the Greatsword
- C. You gain Weapon Focus, and TWO of the following: Greater Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, or Quarterstaff Master, applicable to the Greatsword
Thank you for any direction you can provide!
|Mark Seifter Designer|