Whoa...Disney in negotations to buy Fox Studios


Movies

251 to 281 of 281 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I think the FF should definitely be introduced in a post-credit spoiler. I have an image of the heroes standing triumphant at the end of Avengers 4 (or whatever movie they decide to use), when a sleek-looking spaceship lands nearby. The hatch opens, and a tall, middle-aged man in a form-fitting navy blue suit with greying temples and a few days' beard scruff walks out. He turns back to the interior of the ship, says "Sue, darling, we're home," and the screen fades to black. I add the beard scruff because first, it implies a long, difficult journey. Second, every time Reed was distracted by a long-term project in the comics, he had beard scruff (especially in the Byrne years).

Oh, and I want Tom Cavanaugh to play Reed Richards.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I got the impression from Feige that they would only consider doing X-Men in the Marvel Universe if they were going to do a ground-up reboot (Fantastic Four would be easier to implement in the current setting). People seemed to think that was a possibility for Phase 5, but more recently it sounds like they envisage existing characters taking over the superhero roles when actors like Evans and Downey Jr. quit, so a full MCU reboot sounds like it would be quite a way off.

X-Men does make more sense as its own thing, as the fear and hatred of "mutants" in the Marvel Universe seems a bit incongruous with everyone chill about Spider-Man and Hulk and other people with crazy powers.


Well, this is news, but I'm not sure where else to put it:

James Gunn Fired as Director of 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3'
The move comes after controversial tweets from the filmmaker were resurfaced.

Edit: It is looking like there was strong political motivation on the part of the person unearthing this, so Mods, please delete this post if it steps over the line.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Given subsequent information, the motivation is likely irrelevant.


While I'm sad that Gunn will not be involved, it's probably for the best.

Also I don't WANT FF just yet...as much as their villains. Because Kang, Galactus and even Psycho-Man/Mole Man. Those guys are classics.

As for a MCU reboot, I figure we might get in 2023...


Ground up reboot for FF and x-men is what I would want. If Jackman wanted to play the new wolverine I'd be ok with that still.

Really the main reason I want the FF is because of all the villains and characters surrounding them more then the FF themselves.

Sovereign Court

Thomas Seitz wrote:

While I'm sad that Gunn will not be involved, it's probably for the best.

Also I don't WANT FF just yet...as much as their villains. Because Kang, Galactus and even Psycho-Man/Mole Man. Those guys are classics.

As for a MCU reboot, I figure we might get in 2023...

Why is it for the best?


Because we don't need more drama around the film than we do drama and action BECAUSE the film has that.

And also I agree with Vid, we need more villains.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Because we don't need more drama around the film than we do drama and action BECAUSE the film has that.

And also I agree with Vid, we need more villains.

Plus after Thanos its hard to escalate from there. theirs really not many on that level.


I can count on my hand the number of non-FF, Non-Mutant threats and I'll still have like...three fingers left.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

How I would introduce the F4 would be to have a Doom origin movie. Growing up as wandering Romani (sp?), getting mystical training, learning tech, etc. When Sarkovia happened, he uses the aftermath to rise to power in Eastern Europe and the leftover Ultron tech for his Doombots. In the climax, his face get scarred, so the end of the regular movie has him revealed in his armor and mask to his populace . . . "Kneel before Doom."

Post-credits, Hank Pym introduces a new young protege and his fascinating research into cosmic rays . . . Reed Richards.


Vidmaster7 wrote:

Ground up reboot for FF and x-men is what I would want. If Jackman wanted to play the new wolverine I'd be ok with that still.

Really the main reason I want the FF is because of all the villains and characters surrounding them more then the FF themselves.

How many different timelines do we f%~$ing need.


Well, depending on how the multiverse theory goes, they might already have all of them. XD Personally, though, I hope they stick in the same universe for quite awhile. I don't want to see a bunch of origin story movies for every hero, y'know? There are pleeeeeeeeenty of potential plots they could work with.

Liberty's Edge

KahnyaGnorc wrote:

How I would introduce the F4 would be to have a Doom origin movie. Growing up as wandering Romani (sp?), getting mystical training, learning tech, etc. When Sarkovia happened, he uses the aftermath to rise to power in Eastern Europe and the leftover Ultron tech for his Doombots. In the climax, his face get scarred, so the end of the regular movie has him revealed in his armor and mask to his populace . . . "Kneel before Doom."

Post-credits, Hank Pym introduces a new young protege and his fascinating research into cosmic rays . . . Reed Richards.

That’s actually not bad, especially the Sakovia tie-in ...


The Mad Comrade wrote:
Given subsequent information, the motivation is likely irrelevant.

Just examined this in deeper detail. The political motivation is all-too relevant.


Captain,

Part of why I like Marvel is they have MULTIPLE timelines all fighting for existence. Also, as many times as I can get Kamala Khan going Cable meeting up with MCU Valkyrie.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Captain Deadpool wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:

Ground up reboot for FF and x-men is what I would want. If Jackman wanted to play the new wolverine I'd be ok with that still.

Really the main reason I want the FF is because of all the villains and characters surrounding them more then the FF themselves.

How many different timelines do we f#~~ing need.

That's an easy one. ALL


Exactly!

Scarab Sages

Another big step.


Seems like it's pretty much a done deal now.

Not sure how I feel about Disney owning all the things, but It's certainly good news for the Marvel movie universe.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

I think the merger is probably bad for the industry/film in general, but if a giant merger was going to happen, I am much happier with it being Disney than Comcast. Since they seem to have a much more hands off policy than other folks (Just check out news of leaked comments about recent HBO meeting with there new corporate overlords)

Other than the tiniest of easter eggs (like someone mentioning that something is made of adamantium, or something), I wouldn't expect much in the way of any significant Fox-MCU crossover for a few more years. Marvel plans out there films years in advance, and anything as major as bringing the X-men in is going to requiring a lot of careful handling.

My best guess is that they will continue to run the MCU and Xmen movies as separate universes, building up to some sort of Secret Wars style craziness to top off phase 7. Might come sooner, might not... Doing that also gives them a chance to reboot/recast the existing MCU properties if needed.


I'm still waiting for Kang, Annihilus and of course Galactus and Doom in Phase 4 1/2/Phase 5.

Sovereign Court

Aren't they done with phases?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

I just use phases as a convenient short hand term. Who knows what the hell is happening after Phase 3, other than the "last" guardian movie, another spiderman, and presumably a Black Widow movie.

Hell, Fiege's contract runs out at the end of next year, so who knows who will even be around to manage things.


*steps up* I volunteer! :D ;)

Sovereign Court

I'm sure he will renegotiate and make a new one.

Liberty's Edge

Well, I don’t think anyone can be sure about something like that. I’d say there is a pretty good likelihood that it will happen, but no one (other than than the man himself) can say for sure.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

yeah I suspect Fiege will stick on, since I also assume at this point that Disney would be more than happy to drive a semi-truck full of cash to his house to get him to do so.

But really who ever really knows. He might decide to retire to his own private island once his contract is done, or another studio might try to woo him to their side.

Scarab Sages

Yeah, I'm another who thinks Feige isn't going anywhere. He's been with Marvel for nearly 20 years now, and his production credits have tallied up to a sizable amount of money for Disney. I have a feeling the House of Mouse is going to not only keep him around, but maybe give him oversight of even more stuff, so he can keep working his magic.

That being said, he's probably one of the most respected names in Hollywood at the moment, so I bet there are plenty of folks who'd love to steal him away. I mean, s**@, he took a property they paid $4 billion for and turned it into one of the most profitable movie franchises (if not the most) in history.

I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers stacked up to way more bang for Disney's buck than with Star Wars.


He might just be sick of doing big budget action pictures too. Might take his piles of money and reputation and try for something more personal. Or he might still be having the time of his life doing it.


thejeff wrote:
He might just be sick of doing big budget action pictures too. Might take his piles of money and reputation and try for something more personal. Or he might still be having the time of his life doing it.

That was my first thought too. It's possible he's getting bored with MCU and after a decade and truck load of money doesn't really NEED to do it anymore.

251 to 281 of 281 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Entertainment / Movies / Whoa...Disney in negotations to buy Fox Studios All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Movies