Helm of the Mammothlord


Rules Questions


Can this helm be worn while a druid is wildshaped and still gain the extra gore attack if he already has a bite attack?

And secondly, for size purposes if he were a Huge creature would the damage on the helm be 1D6 or would it go to 2D6?


I'm a little vague on whether you can keep your 'Helm tusks while Polymorphing. You can always take your Helm off and put it back on when you are Wildshaped, though.

Per RAW, you can get a Bite and a Gore. Generally, when you get a new Natural Attack, you get to add it to your Full Attack.

The Gore Damage for the 'Helm is for a size Medium Helm. If you grow, the Damage grows. If your GM rules against this, on the grounds that they are magic tusks, you can get around this with your levels in Warpriest, substituting your Sacred Weapon Damage for your magic tusk damage, and Sacred Weapon Damage does scale up with your size.

But check with your GM, as always, especially you, since you have a GM, and this is probably not for Pathfinder Society.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

if you have a head slot and someone puts it on for you after


Unless someone puts it on you after you shape change than no. As wildshaped and polymorphing absorb your gear.

Also if the helm is made for a humanoid, it really won't fit most animals very well. There is a reason why armor for animals costs so much more.


duplicate post sorry


Nodrog wrote:

Unless someone puts it on you after you shape change than no. As wildshaped and polymorphing absorb your gear.

Also if the helm is made for a humanoid, it really won't fit most animals very well. There is a reason why armor for animals costs so much more.

Indeed but one must admit it would look rather ridonkulous, a Huge sized Octopus wearing a puny helmet fit for a medium sized human. And thus I shall wear it, and wear it with pride.


wondrous items auto adjust their size based on the wearer


vhok wrote:
wondrous items auto adjust their size based on the wearer

Tis a shame :(


Atalius wrote:
vhok wrote:
wondrous items auto adjust their size based on the wearer
Tis a shame :(

Don't feel down: you'll be an armored Squidzilla with a horned helmet and a White Hair Attack.

You should also start singing, because you'll be operatically ridiculous!

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber

There is a Squire vanity in PFS that lets you have a follower that helps you done armor. Since I believe helmet should fall into this category you can have the Squire do it. Outside of PFS you can use similar rules, which might also include some animal companions like apes or just hirelings.


Taenia wrote:
There is a Squire vanity in PFS that lets you have a follower that helps you done armor. Since I believe helmet should fall into this category you can have the Squire do it. Outside of PFS you can use similar rules, which might also include some animal companions like apes or just hirelings.

Good idea

The Exchange Owner - D20 Hobbies

You might want to verify octopus have a head slot in the animal archive book, if they don’t you could run in GM table variance on whether or not your octopus form can wear a helm.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Rules Questions / Helm of the Mammothlord All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.