Highest Carrying Capacity Possible?


Advice

1 to 50 of 58 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

This is what i’ve got so far. Looking for anything that might increase my carrying capacity

Build:

Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 4/Fighter (Pack Mule) 14/Kineticist 1
Champion 10

Base Strength
18 – Point Buy (Untyped)
4 – Centaur Bonus (Racial)
5 – Levelling (Untyped)
6 – Strength of the Beast (Inherent)
6 – Belt of Physical Prowess (Enhancement)
4 – Dragon Disciple (Untyped)
10 – Mythic (Untyped)
Total: 53

Bonuses to Carrying Capacity (Strength)
20 – Display of Strength (Circumstance)
50 – Mules Strength (Untyped)
8 – Powerhouse Pelt (Untyped)
2 – Muscle of the Society (Untyped)
2 – Efficient Packer (Untyped)
3 – Deific Obedience (Kurgess)
8 – Muleback Cords
7 – Efficient Packer (Untyped)
1 – Masterwork Backpack (Untyped)
Total: 101

Multipliers to Carrying Capacity
x3 – Heavyload Belt
x3 – Large Biped
x1.5 – Burdenless
x1.5 – Basic Chaokinesis

Total of 316 636 397 568 light load, 633 272 795 136 medium load, 951 268 147 200 Heavy load.

Thanks to sideromancer for reminding me of the M.Backpack. It added something like 90 million light load.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

No masterwork backpack?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Enhanced ability (mythic) could make you STR score at least 2 points higher!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Sideromancer wrote:
No masterwork backpack?

*Whacks self in face* How could i forget? Adding it in.

Potato disciple wrote:
Enhanced ability (mythic) could make you STR score at least 2 points higher!

Thank you, but mules strength adds 5 in comparison to enhanced ability’s two.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ancient Dragon Master wrote:

Total of 316 636 397 568 light load, 633 272 795 136 medium load, 951 268 147 200 Heavy load.

That light load is something like 26,000 M1 Abrams main battle tanks.... (They weight 68 tons, or 136,000 lbs, each.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I may be wrong, but you have 2 belts listed.. belt of physical prowess, and heavyload belt.. can you wear 2 belts? Instead of the heavyload belt, just cast ant haul? Unless you somehow can have 2 belt slots..


*cough-cough*

>.>


For the record:

ascension - grants mythic tier/power to non-mythic

lend path - grants power, but not tier (doesn't have to be mythic)

mule's strength - able to be taken multiple times; no requirements

Make an arbitrary number of folks mythic champions with mule's strength; get them to lend you their mule's strength ability and gain an arbitrary amount of carrying capacity.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You can push the Str score further: A +4 alchemical bonus from alchemist 1, a +4 morale bonus from barbarian 1 (or, at least +2 from the Rage spell) and a +8 size bonus from high level polymorph spells (Giant Form II keeps your equipment, right?). A greater mask of giants doesn't need spell level 8, 'only' 90k gold, its size bonus is a solid +6.

Becoming larger is good anyway:

CRB, page 170 wrote:
The figures on Table 7–4 are for Medium bipedal creatures. A larger bipedal creature can carry more weight depending on its size category, as follows: Large ×2, Huge ×4, Gargantuan ×8, Colossal ×16.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

At what point can we pick up the planet and move it?

Is this why Golarion is missing in Starfinder? Somebody picked it up and forgot where they put it down?


I don't know. I just stopped when I realized I was benchpressing most of the known universe.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I bet you could get your ultimate carrying capacity even higher if you create a synthesist summoner (biped). Initial strength is only 16, but you get +8 just for leveling up to 20th level, an additional +16 for making yourself size Huge, and another +8 from Ability Increase evolutions. Then you can add on most of the bonuses that a standard player character could get.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
I don't know. I just stopped when I realized I was benchpressing most of the known universe.

Actually, you're not even close. :P

The Moon weighs approximately 73,500,000,000,000,000,000,000 kg. (Multiply by 2.2 for lbs.)

You're barely at a decent sized asteroid.


No, no. You don't understand. I just scaled upward. There is no upper limit. Hence. :D


SheepishEidolon wrote:

You can push the Str score further: A +4 alchemical bonus from alchemist 1, a +4 morale bonus from barbarian 1 (or, at least +2 from the Rage spell) and a +8 size bonus from high level polymorph spells (Giant Form II keeps your equipment, right?). A greater mask of giants doesn't need spell level 8, 'only' 90k gold, its size bonus is a solid +6.

Becoming larger is good anyway:

CRB, page 170 wrote:
The figures on Table 7–4 are for Medium bipedal creatures. A larger bipedal creature can carry more weight depending on its size category, as follows: Large ×2, Huge ×4, Gargantuan ×8, Colossal ×16.

None of the forms allowed by the lesser or greater masks are huge, so their multiplier is less than the size multiplier i am using now. +6 Strength may outweigh the fact that i have a lower multiplier though. I’ll have to check that.

EDIT: greater mask of giants wields a total of 481 975 861 248 light load

David knott 242 wrote:

I bet you could get your ultimate carrying capacity even higher if you create a synthesist summoner (biped). Initial strength is only 16, but you get +8 just for levelling up to 20th level, an additional +16 for making yourself size Huge, and another +8 from Ability Increase evolutions. Then you can add on most of the bonuses that a standard player character could get.

I considered synthesist, but as they can’t use my mythic powers I decided not to.

Synthesists can’t use the my chosen mythic powers:

Display of Strength (Su) wrote:


As a free action, you can expend one use of mythic power to attempt a feat of Strength, gaining a +20 circumstance bonus on one Strength-based skill check or Strength ability check. Alternatively, you can use this ability to apply a +20 circumstance bonus to your Strength score for a number of hours equal to your mythic tier for the purpose of determining your carrying capacity.
Mule's Strength (Ex) wrote:


You treat your Strength score as 5 higher when determining your carrying capacity. This bonus applies to encumbrance, the maximum weight you can lift over your head, dragging and pushing, and so on. You can take this path ability multiple times. Each time you do, you treat your Strength score as an additional 5 points higher when determining your carrying capacity.

Emphasis mine.

Your strength, not your eidolons.

Tacticslion wrote:
No, no. You don't understand. I just scaled upward. There is no upper limit. Hence. :D

Well…There is kind of a upper limit, namely the fact there are a limited number of people/anthropomorphic animals in golarion.

x_Gabriel_x wrote:
I may be wrong, but you have 2 belts listed.. belt of physical prowess, and heavyload belt.. can you wear 2 belts? Instead of the heavyload belt, just cast ant haul? Unless you somehow can have 2 belt slots..

I can add the power of the heavyload belt to the belt of giant strength for a +50% increase in it’s price.

Tacticslion wrote:

For the record:

ascension - grants mythic tier/power to non-mythic

lend path - grants power, but not tier (doesn't have to be mythic)

mule's strength - able to be taken multiple times; no requirements

Make an arbitrary number of folks mythic champions with mule's strength; get them to lend you their mule's strength ability and gain an arbitrary amount of carrying capacity.

Cool. I missed this.


Ancient Dragon Master wrote:

3rd party and stacking

.

Sorry, my dude, but I'm missing your objection. Nothing I listed was 3rd party, and mule's strength explicitly notes it can be taken multiple times and that its effects stack. Please clarify?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Ancient Dragon Master wrote:

3rd party

.
Nothing I listed was 3rd party, and mule's strength explicitly notes it can be taken multiple times and that its effects stack. Please clarify?

Sorry. I clearly missed what your post was saying. I’ll edit my post.


Aaaahhhh. What is happening to my posts right nooooowww?

I couldn't read the "cool I missed this" part, and now I've posted three times? What?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I edited that last part in about a minute ago. I was trying to condense all my responses into one post so as not to clog the thread with replies to posts.


Okay, it looks like it was only two posts (not sure why a third appeared for a minute), and I was able to delete one. Also, I see it was a miscommunication! Forum weirdness + miscommunication was really messing with my head! XD


We're cool. Any attempt to edit my post above sends me to the top of the message boards so I'm just multi-posting right now. Sorry! XD


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Is there a reason you're not Magic Jar/Mind Switching with Moby Dick with a permanent Anthropomorphic Animal on it? You'd lose your own base, racial, and level up bonuses, but the rest might stay? Either way you change your base to 50 and get a x16 from Colossal.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Bob Bob Bob wrote:
Is there a reason you're not Magic Jar/Mind Switching with Moby Dick with a permanent Anthropomorphic Animal on it? You'd lose your own base, racial, and level up bonuses, but the rest might stay? Either way you change your base to 50 and get a x16 from Colossal.

Because it is not a permanent bonus. I could but it would last 1 hour/CL (in the case of magic jar). I’ll add a section on non-permanent bonuses and the stuff you can get while using them, but only after i do more research.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

On the synthesist idea -- I should have suggested quadruped rather than biped. The encumbrance multiplier for a Huge quadruped is x6. I haven't been able to work out how the gains for that eidolon vs. the intrinsic gains from the various sources you cited work out.

If you want to get really ridiculous, try casting an hours per level version of Enlarge Person on yourself via the Shapechanger sorcerer bloodline. The main problem I would see with this approach is that you would have to combine VMC Sorcerer with the Eldritch Heritage feat chain to grab abilities from two bloodlines, and doing that would eat up most of your feats.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ancient Dragon Master wrote:

Multipliers to Carrying Capacity

x3 – Heavyload Belt
x3 – Large Biped
x1.5 – Burdenless
x1.5 – Basic Chaokinesis

Centaurs are Quadrupeds.

Quadrupeds can carry heavier loads than bipeds can. Multiply the values corresponding to the creature’s Strength score from Table: Carrying Capacity by the appropriate modifier, as follows: Fine ×1/4, Diminutive ×1/2, Tiny ×3/4, Small ×1, Medium ×1-1/2, Large ×3, Huge ×6, Gargantuan ×12, Colossal ×24.

(unless you already included this but miss-typed your original post)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Druids and metamorph alchemists can eventually stay in their big forms all day.

BTW by my estimate that masterwork backpack must be carrying degenerate matter from a white dwarf star rather than anything usually found on a planet. The density is... high. Not bad for 50 gp.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I found a carrying calculator online. With Muleback Cords, Ant Haul, Mastwork Backpack, a Colossal Quadruped with a Strength of 50 can carry 2147328 pounds as a light load.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ancient Dragon Master wrote:
Bob Bob Bob wrote:
Is there a reason you're not Magic Jar/Mind Switching with Moby Dick with a permanent Anthropomorphic Animal on it? You'd lose your own base, racial, and level up bonuses, but the rest might stay? Either way you change your base to 50 and get a x16 from Colossal.
Because it is not a permanent bonus. I could but it would last 1 hour/CL (in the case of magic jar). I’ll add a section on non-permanent bonuses and the stuff you can get while using them, but only after i do more research.

Hours/level at level 20 is effectively all day (it's only 5th level, you can Extend it pretty easy) but I guess that would require rebuilding to actually cast 5th level spells. So instead use Spirit Jars to make the single casting permanent.

Of course, now that I look at it you get the whale's land speed of nothing, meaning you can only ever move 5 feet a round. So I guess it depends on whether you ever wanted to go anywhere carrying all that stuff.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Bob Bob Bob wrote:
Ancient Dragon Master wrote:
Bob Bob Bob wrote:
Is there a reason you're not Magic Jar/Mind Switching with Moby Dick with a permanent Anthropomorphic Animal on it? You'd lose your own base, racial, and level up bonuses, but the rest might stay? Either way you change your base to 50 and get a x16 from Colossal.
Because it is not a permanent bonus. I could but it would last 1 hour/CL (in the case of magic jar). I’ll add a section on non-permanent bonuses and the stuff you can get while using them, but only after i do more research.

Hours/level at level 20 is effectively all day (it's only 5th level, you can Extend it pretty easy) but I guess that would require rebuilding to actually cast 5th level spells. So instead use Spirit Jars to make the single casting permanent.

Of course, now that I look at it you get the whale's land speed of nothing, meaning you can only ever move 5 feet a round. So I guess it depends on whether you ever wanted to go anywhere carrying all that stuff.

Could you explain how spirit jars make the spell permanent? (Mind switch is the better spell, IMO)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
MrCharisma wrote:


(unless you already included this but miss-typed your original post)

This.

David knott 242 wrote:

On the synthesist idea -- I should have suggested quadruped rather than biped. The encumbrance multiplier for a Huge quadruped is x6. I haven't been able to work out how the gains for that eidolon vs. the intrinsic gains from the various sources you cited work out.

If you want to get really ridiculous, try casting an hours per level version of Enlarge Person on yourself via the Shapechanger sorcerer bloodline. The main problem I would see with this approach is that you would have to combine VMC Sorcerer with the Eldritch Heritage feat chain to grab abilities from two bloodlines, and doing that would eat up most of your feats.

My basic comparison is +70 vs. x3 higher multiplier and a possible +20 strength. The +70 is far better.

Heather 540 wrote:
I found a carrying calculator online. With Muleback Cords, Ant Haul, Mastwork Backpack, a Colossal Quadruped with a Strength of 50 can carry 2147328 pounds as a light load.

This one?

https://rimzy.net/tools/javascript_pathfinder_carrying_capacity_calculator. htm


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah, that's it. The light load calculations match up with what the Pathfinder sheets on Myth-Weavers show.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

...probably I misread it. I was thinking that it kept the Magic Jar effect permanently but it sounds like only the souls kept stored in the Spirit Jars are permanent, not the body possession.

So then Major Mind Swap instead? It's got a duration of Instantaneous. It's the Paizo psychic magic version of Mind Switch, basically.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Working on the new build. They focus around getting magic jar for more than 24 hours so they can travel back with time to spare.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

For a greater upper limit, cut off legs and replace with clockwork prostheses for bonus lifting power.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Should I go into epic levels? I can certainly get a higher bonus but i’m not sure that counts as possible


What do you mean? Why wouldn't it?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

So, you can carry everything that isn't tacked down, as well as much of the stuff that is tacked down, but what else? Can you kill anything? ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
taks wrote:
So, you can carry everything that isn't tacked down, as well as much of the stuff that is tacked down, but what else? Can you kill anything? ;)

Well, throwing a 6 billion pound block of rock should kill most things.

The highest strength is a 40th level whale with a ridiculous stack of buffs cast on it. I’ll have the build up when i can get around to searching the archives for anything that might affect my strength


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Yeah, yeah, but you're penalty to hit is so high you'll never land a hit. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
taks wrote:
Yeah, yeah, but you're penalty to hit is so high you'll never land a hit. :)

Why the massive penalty?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Zero feats dedicated towards anything else. The monk evades...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Or shall I say, zero resources!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Now I'm going to have to put this build together in HL to see what he can actually do.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
taks wrote:
Zero feats dedicated towards anything else. The monk evades...

Taking catch off guard shouldn't be too much of a problem.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
taks wrote:
Now I'm going to have to put this build together in HL to see what he can actually do.

After 126 strength herolab glitches (last I read) in fact, you commented on why yourself.


Pathfinder Companion, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Not that I know of. Why?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
taks wrote:
Not that I know of. Why?

Here is where you commented

1 to 50 of 58 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Advice / Highest Carrying Capacity Possible? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.