This is the discussion thread for two campaigns:

The Spider God's Bride - Discussion


Play-by-Post Discussion

2,201 to 2,250 of 2,294 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Male Enlightened Yar-Ammonite Scholar 5 | HP: 32/36 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +8 | Init: -4 | Perc: +14 (+18 stonework), SM: +12 | Speed 30ft | +2 to Reflex saves and +2 AC (dodge) versus traps | See as Detect Magic | 0 non-lethal damage

Duly noted, and enjoy.


Female Civilized Azimbanan Spirit Ranger 5 | HP 28/64 | AC 18 (T13/FF15) | DR 3 | Init +2/+4 | Perc +11 (+mods) | Speed 30' | CMD 22 (FF 19) | F+7 R+6 W+2 | Active Conditions: None

Tairin's marching order makes sense. Talar is ranged and Yasala is melee anyways so it works well if this is the indoor/urban order and swap us when we're outside. That might work as the default for now.


Male Enlightened Yar-Ammonite Scholar 5 | HP: 32/36 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +8 | Init: -4 | Perc: +14 (+18 stonework), SM: +12 | Speed 30ft | +2 to Reflex saves and +2 AC (dodge) versus traps | See as Detect Magic | 0 non-lethal damage

I'm fine with it also.

Just so you all know, I won't be available much at all on Friday, and a limited amount on Saturday and Sunday.


Male Human (Tharag Thulan)
Stats:
hp 46/64 AC 21|T 14 |FF 18, F +7|R +2|W +4, Init +2, Per +9
Gladiator 5

So am I. Sir Clangsalot is a truly bad point.


Female Civilized Azimbanan Spirit Ranger 5 | HP 28/64 | AC 18 (T13/FF15) | DR 3 | Init +2/+4 | Perc +11 (+mods) | Speed 30' | CMD 22 (FF 19) | F+7 R+6 W+2 | Active Conditions: None

Ok the vacation is taking up more time than expected. I've been reading along but hard to get time to post. Will try and get one up tonight.


Male Khazistani Nomad Ranger 5 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | HP 52/57 | F +6, R +8, W +4 (+4 vs disease, +2 vs charm/compulsion/emotion) | Init +5 | Perc +11 (+2 with companion)

You think I can only kill at medium range? Muahahaha, I've been holding onto this trick for months! >:D


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Enlightened Yar-Ammonite Scholar 5 | HP: 32/36 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +8 | Init: -4 | Perc: +14 (+18 stonework), SM: +12 | Speed 30ft | +2 to Reflex saves and +2 AC (dodge) versus traps | See as Detect Magic | 0 non-lethal damage

A sword and sorcery 5E setting, Primeval Thule, on Drivethrurpg, if anyone is interested.


Patenemheb Sitayet wrote:
A sword and sorcery 5E setting, Primeval Thule, on Drivethrurpg, if anyone is interested.

Cool, thanks!


Male Khazistani Nomad Ranger 5 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | HP 52/57 | F +6, R +8, W +4 (+4 vs disease, +2 vs charm/compulsion/emotion) | Init +5 | Perc +11 (+2 with companion)

Thanks for botting GM, the weekend was long and I had little time to check the boards. All of your assumptions about my actions were correct.

Is it our turn in combat now?


Female Civilized Azimbanan Spirit Ranger 5 | HP 28/64 | AC 18 (T13/FF15) | DR 3 | Init +2/+4 | Perc +11 (+mods) | Speed 30' | CMD 22 (FF 19) | F+7 R+6 W+2 | Active Conditions: None

Not yet. We still have one person to act this round and then the enemies go.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Enlightened Yar-Ammonite Scholar 5 | HP: 32/36 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +8 | Init: -4 | Perc: +14 (+18 stonework), SM: +12 | Speed 30ft | +2 to Reflex saves and +2 AC (dodge) versus traps | See as Detect Magic | 0 non-lethal damage

And now Bundle of Holding has a Conan bundle.


Female Civilized Azimbanan Spirit Ranger 5 | HP 28/64 | AC 18 (T13/FF15) | DR 3 | Init +2/+4 | Perc +11 (+mods) | Speed 30' | CMD 22 (FF 19) | F+7 R+6 W+2 | Active Conditions: None

OPINION POLL:

The plan was for me to get to the rope and get pulled up by people this round.
New things have potentially changed that.
-The cultists are still feeding but now it's starting to show that they look "different" which could be bad.
-They are still chanting which might be helping the ooze thing
-I have at least one ally down here now from the fear and maybe more coming as will saves are rolled
-People pulling me up would lose their turn with an ooze thing right there

I'm seriously considering continuing to try and chop down feeders/chanters instead of heading for the rope but curious of anyone else's thoughts.


Female Civilized Azimbanan Spirit Ranger 5 | HP 28/64 | AC 18 (T13/FF15) | DR 3 | Init +2/+4 | Perc +11 (+mods) | Speed 30' | CMD 22 (FF 19) | F+7 R+6 W+2 | Active Conditions: None

Bjeorn, I'm curious if you use the map. You stated you were moving last round but your token didn't move and now I'm a bit confused as to where you actually are, and I'm hesitant to move you since there's a new enemy on the map and I don't want that to affect where I move you to.

If you want me or someone else to move you when you post, I'd be happy to do that but didn't want to just assume.


Male Human (Tharag Thulan)
Stats:
hp 46/64 AC 21|T 14 |FF 18, F +7|R +2|W +4, Init +2, Per +9
Gladiator 5

I can only access the map from home. Not from work or cell phone, where I do a lot of posting. I usually post and ask myself to move me on the map once I get home and then home chores erupt and I forget it. Have to write a postit.


Male Enlightened Yar-Ammonite Scholar 5 | HP: 32/36 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +8 | Init: -4 | Perc: +14 (+18 stonework), SM: +12 | Speed 30ft | +2 to Reflex saves and +2 AC (dodge) versus traps | See as Detect Magic | 0 non-lethal damage

Yasala, I think you have a point in staying where you are.


Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 2 , Spy 2, Ranger (Dandy) 1| DR 2| AC 16, T14, FF13 (Uncanny Dodge)| HP 38/43 (4 pts Bleed Dmg), F+3/+4/+5, R+11, W+4, CMB +4, CMD 17| Init +3, Perc. +10/+12, Speed 30ft | , 10/10 Rds Bardic Perform, 3/7 times Detect Magic

I'll be able to make one or two more posts tomorrow and then I'll be off the boards until my Monday 15th July (your Sun. 14th) as I'm helping my niece prep for her wedding this coming weekend.

After tomorrow's post/s, Dain GM can you please bot Tairin until my return? Thank you kindly.


Female Civilized Azimbanan Spirit Ranger 5 | HP 28/64 | AC 18 (T13/FF15) | DR 3 | Init +2/+4 | Perc +11 (+mods) | Speed 30' | CMD 22 (FF 19) | F+7 R+6 W+2 | Active Conditions: None

The writeup of the blessing stated "+4 to hit and 1d6+5 for every Four Levels of the person using the blessed weapons"

Since we're level 5 that should be +8 and 2d6+10, correct?
(Also 2 points bleed since that also states 1 point for every four levels)


Yasala wrote:

The writeup of the blessing stated "+4 to hit and 1d6+5 for every Four Levels of the person using the blessed weapons"

Since we're level 5 that should be +8 and 2d6+10, correct?
(Also 2 points bleed since that also states 1 point for every four levels)

No - it kicks in at Level 4 - so +8 on level 8 and +12 on level 12, and so on...

As for damage, it's 1d6+10, 1d6+15 - and so on...

NOTE: On level 12 your blessed weapon then would have a +12 to all attacks you make that round on your target, and 1d6+15 on all damage you make on that target.

This may not seem like a lot, but remember; that damage stacks on all your attacks each round - so it's pretty handy.

Just don't let your enemy manage to escape...


Female Civilized Azimbanan Spirit Ranger 5 | HP 28/64 | AC 18 (T13/FF15) | DR 3 | Init +2/+4 | Perc +11 (+mods) | Speed 30' | CMD 22 (FF 19) | F+7 R+6 W+2 | Active Conditions: None

Heads up - with the summoner down, the thing is just going to attack the nearest living thing and will not leave the general temple area (based on previous knowledge checks)

If you guys manage to get down off the platform and we do a tactical retreat for a bit we could come back to kill it after some quick(ish) healing.

Would need you guys to get down though since right now you're still the closest targets and we'd need it to focus on the cultists if we wanted to get away.


Well, that's the assumption, Yasala... ;)

Besides, letting an Eldritch Horror (even a far less powerful offspring) roam the countryside only a few miles from the city you live after you attack it... What could possibly go wrong with that plan :D


Female Civilized Azimbanan Spirit Ranger 5 | HP 28/64 | AC 18 (T13/FF15) | DR 3 | Init +2/+4 | Perc +11 (+mods) | Speed 30' | CMD 22 (FF 19) | F+7 R+6 W+2 | Active Conditions: None

Fair enough. I was going based off of the knowledge check that stated:

"The creature is acting under the orders of the one who summoned it - if that priest is slain then it will continue to attack the nearest living target until it manages to purge the area of its enemies.

In this case its "area" is to be considered the space on/near the temple - if you choose to flee it will likely not pursue you beyond the valley confines, though it will continue to exist - unless it is destroyed"

Wasn't thinking of just going home, was thinking with so many at such low health simply exiting the valley, healing, and going right back in to kill it.

Just an idea.


Male Khazistani Nomad Ranger 5 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | HP 52/57 | F +6, R +8, W +4 (+4 vs disease, +2 vs charm/compulsion/emotion) | Init +5 | Perc +11 (+2 with companion)

Hmm, I suppose it would either take knowledge checks or some experimentation to see how far the creature will roam. If it stays in the temple than it's just an even more dangerous temple now that we can totally leave to the next unlucky adventurer.


Female Civilized Azimbanan Spirit Ranger 5 | HP 28/64 | AC 18 (T13/FF15) | DR 3 | Init +2/+4 | Perc +11 (+mods) | Speed 30' | CMD 22 (FF 19) | F+7 R+6 W+2 | Active Conditions: None

Never mind. I just realized Tairin has already declared vengeance on it. That makes the run->heal->return option not viable as she'll just bleed to death while we're healing. Please ignore my previous idea.


Male Enlightened Yar-Ammonite Scholar 5 | HP: 32/36 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +8 | Init: -4 | Perc: +14 (+18 stonework), SM: +12 | Speed 30ft | +2 to Reflex saves and +2 AC (dodge) versus traps | See as Detect Magic | 0 non-lethal damage

Looks like we are indeed stuck in the fight.

I'm open to suggestions on whether Patenemheb should focus on wise counsel/combat advice buffing, or try to get stuck in. I think the former is more helpful but other opinions are welcome.


Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 2 , Spy 2, Ranger (Dandy) 1| DR 2| AC 16, T14, FF13 (Uncanny Dodge)| HP 38/43 (4 pts Bleed Dmg), F+3/+4/+5, R+11, W+4, CMB +4, CMD 17| Init +3, Perc. +10/+12, Speed 30ft | , 10/10 Rds Bardic Perform, 3/7 times Detect Magic

Since the ooze's AC isn't that high, perhaps use wise counsel/combat advice sparingly from this point on as most of our fighters have a pretty high hit modifier (higher still if they declare vengeance on this ooze). Paten can then aid in the fight against said creature. Bjoern is very injured, unless Paten means to pull him to the other side of the ledge and administer some quick first aid/healing ...I leave that to your discretion.


Male Enlightened Yar-Ammonite Scholar 5 | HP: 32/36 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +8 | Init: -4 | Perc: +14 (+18 stonework), SM: +12 | Speed 30ft | +2 to Reflex saves and +2 AC (dodge) versus traps | See as Detect Magic | 0 non-lethal damage

Good point on the ooze AC, and Yasala is now free to rejoin us. Patenemheb has reason to get striking. And combat advice too, for his free move actions.


Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 2 , Spy 2, Ranger (Dandy) 1| DR 2| AC 16, T14, FF13 (Uncanny Dodge)| HP 38/43 (4 pts Bleed Dmg), F+3/+4/+5, R+11, W+4, CMB +4, CMD 17| Init +3, Perc. +10/+12, Speed 30ft | , 10/10 Rds Bardic Perform, 3/7 times Detect Magic

Just a courtesy heads-up, I'll be off the boards tomorrow (my Thursday/your Wednesday) as my family and I are heading out of town for my son's university graduation ceremony. We won't be back until evening. I'll be able to post again on my Friday/your Thursday.

Thanks!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 2 , Spy 2, Ranger (Dandy) 1| DR 2| AC 16, T14, FF13 (Uncanny Dodge)| HP 38/43 (4 pts Bleed Dmg), F+3/+4/+5, R+11, W+4, CMB +4, CMD 17| Init +3, Perc. +10/+12, Speed 30ft | , 10/10 Rds Bardic Perform, 3/7 times Detect Magic

After Paten's recent healing, Sabra is now at 11/22 HP. Noting it here for easy reference.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 2 , Spy 2, Ranger (Dandy) 1| DR 2| AC 16, T14, FF13 (Uncanny Dodge)| HP 38/43 (4 pts Bleed Dmg), F+3/+4/+5, R+11, W+4, CMB +4, CMD 17| Init +3, Perc. +10/+12, Speed 30ft | , 10/10 Rds Bardic Perform, 3/7 times Detect Magic

This is a summary of the info we've collected on the idol head (via Tairin's & Paten's know. checks):

• It's situated atop a 15ft statue of the Moon god, Khonshu.
• The idol head of Yadar has a Permanent Harm spell placed on it. Anyone who directly touches the idol's head (barehanded) will suffer the effects of Harm, bringing great suffering to the person.
• Destroying the idol will likely cause those oracles versed in divination and belonging to the cult of Yadar to feel its destruction; no matter where they may be located. Therefore, it's wise once the idol is destroyed that we immediately leave the temple/valley. We are currently one hour from the city gates of Zul-Bazzir. It'll take us half an hour to reach the far side of the valley and then another half hour to reach the side of the valley where Farrokh was originally minding the horses. We would need to ride fast for the city (to the north-west) or we may see the cultists approaching on the road to the south-east.
• By destroying the idol head we will extinguish the magical fear it is presently emitting. Sabra (the presence of a cat) can protect us from some of the evil/fear coming from it.
• The easiest and safest solution for destroying the idol's head would be to get a heavy rope and toss it up around the statue's head and pull hard on it. We wouldn't touch the idol this way and be spared from the effects of the Harm spell. However, those using the rope and employing strength checks to pull it down will have to attempt to dodge the falling idol's head with a Reflex Save.


Male Khazistani Nomad Ranger 5 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | HP 52/57 | F +6, R +8, W +4 (+4 vs disease, +2 vs charm/compulsion/emotion) | Init +5 | Perc +11 (+2 with companion)

Talar will volunteer to be in front for pulling the statue down. His strength is decent, but more importantly his reflex save is high.


Female Civilized Azimbanan Spirit Ranger 5 | HP 28/64 | AC 18 (T13/FF15) | DR 3 | Init +2/+4 | Perc +11 (+mods) | Speed 30' | CMD 22 (FF 19) | F+7 R+6 W+2 | Active Conditions: None

Only have a minute, but quickly reading through the posts, Yasala will probably just stay silent during the conversation with Osan. Since we are talking back in the city any questions she has can wait until then as none are pertinent to the temple.

Also don't forget that if we're rushing after we take down the head, we at least wanted to search the head cultist's body for information/items. We could do it on the way out but if time is truly of the essence we might want to check it first. The other bodies can probably be ignored.


Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 2 , Spy 2, Ranger (Dandy) 1| DR 2| AC 16, T14, FF13 (Uncanny Dodge)| HP 38/43 (4 pts Bleed Dmg), F+3/+4/+5, R+11, W+4, CMB +4, CMD 17| Init +3, Perc. +10/+12, Speed 30ft | , 10/10 Rds Bardic Perform, 3/7 times Detect Magic

One of the party not helping with the statue could search the dead caster leader’s body in the same time frame. That way we can exit immediately after the statue has been righted.


Male Enlightened Yar-Ammonite Scholar 5 | HP: 32/36 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +8 | Init: -4 | Perc: +14 (+18 stonework), SM: +12 | Speed 30ft | +2 to Reflex saves and +2 AC (dodge) versus traps | See as Detect Magic | 0 non-lethal damage

Patenemheb could search the bodies if necessary. He has excellent investigation skills.


Female Civilized Azimbanan Spirit Ranger 5 | HP 28/64 | AC 18 (T13/FF15) | DR 3 | Init +2/+4 | Perc +11 (+mods) | Speed 30' | CMD 22 (FF 19) | F+7 R+6 W+2 | Active Conditions: None

Yasala would be happy to either help with the bodies or help with the statue, wherever seens she is needed.

She's got a decent strength to help with the statue, but also she can help defend Paten if something unusual were to happen outside.


Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 2 , Spy 2, Ranger (Dandy) 1| DR 2| AC 16, T14, FF13 (Uncanny Dodge)| HP 38/43 (4 pts Bleed Dmg), F+3/+4/+5, R+11, W+4, CMB +4, CMD 17| Init +3, Perc. +10/+12, Speed 30ft | , 10/10 Rds Bardic Perform, 3/7 times Detect Magic

Dain GM: If we yank the idol head off Khonshu’s statue’s body, does it smash on the black stone floor it lands on or do we need to do something else to destroy it? Don’t want to leave an intact idol head on the ground of the temple as it doesn’t seem like it’ll fix the problem. Thanks.


Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 2 , Spy 2, Ranger (Dandy) 1| DR 2| AC 16, T14, FF13 (Uncanny Dodge)| HP 38/43 (4 pts Bleed Dmg), F+3/+4/+5, R+11, W+4, CMB +4, CMD 17| Init +3, Perc. +10/+12, Speed 30ft | , 10/10 Rds Bardic Perform, 3/7 times Detect Magic

We can deal with the loot once we're back at the estate - deciding what we'll sell off, keep and divide.

Everyone good to leave for the estate-home sweet home? Yasala, will of course, be invited to come to the house. ;)


Male Khazistani Nomad Ranger 5 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | HP 52/57 | F +6, R +8, W +4 (+4 vs disease, +2 vs charm/compulsion/emotion) | Init +5 | Perc +11 (+2 with companion)

Heads up to all: I am traveling to visit family at the end of the week, and as such I am cramming all of my work from five days into three, so my posting will likely be short and curt, and starting on Thursday I won't be available until Tuesday.

I think we should have somebody ride ahead of the group and enter the city alone, and try to find some potential buyers for all the horses and their equipment before we attempt to bring them inside. It would be easier and less conspicuous if a stablemaster or trader brought in 30 horses.


Female Civilized Azimbanan Spirit Ranger 5 | HP 28/64 | AC 18 (T13/FF15) | DR 3 | Init +2/+4 | Perc +11 (+mods) | Speed 30' | CMD 22 (FF 19) | F+7 R+6 W+2 | Active Conditions: None

As a legal transporter / sometime smuggler in my past life (you know the one that ended only a couple days ago in game) that might be right up my alley, unless someone else wants to do it. Depending on the politics involved with this mission you guys are on it might be better to have someone not yet publicly connected to the group arrange it too.

I'm pretty busy most of today so let me know and I'll work up a post tonight if that's the desired path.


Male Khazistani Nomad Ranger 5 | AC 18, Touch 14, FF 14 | HP 52/57 | F +6, R +8, W +4 (+4 vs disease, +2 vs charm/compulsion/emotion) | Init +5 | Perc +11 (+2 with companion)

Talar would be bad at it, but otherwise he's open. Yasala sounds like she has the background for it, perhaps she and one of our charismatic people go together? Or would that arouse more attention? I actually think Yasala alone may be better because as of now she has no connection to us.


Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 2 , Spy 2, Ranger (Dandy) 1| DR 2| AC 16, T14, FF13 (Uncanny Dodge)| HP 38/43 (4 pts Bleed Dmg), F+3/+4/+5, R+11, W+4, CMB +4, CMD 17| Init +3, Perc. +10/+12, Speed 30ft | , 10/10 Rds Bardic Perform, 3/7 times Detect Magic

If it's a hassle to bring in 30 mounts into the city, then why are we bringing them? I realise we can sell them, yet it appears they will more of a problem than they are worth. Couldn't we just take one war-trained mount each to lead behind our original mounts (this includes Osan and his mercenary) and when we enter the city simply say they are our spare mounts as we have ridden a long way and swapped mounts not to tax the creatures overly much or in case one died along the way? That means we could bring in at least 9-10 mounts with us. We could still make some money and the other mounts we could tie up in the valley and leave? The ones we leave behind could be taken by the workers of the temple district. Shrugs. Zul-Bazzir isn't large enough to hide/house 30 mounts at one go, is all I'm saying. So we should take only what we can manage without drawing too much notice or suspicion. We still have the woman Sabiha to contend with and if she has spies in town watching us/our estate, then she will note all we're bringing in.


Female Civilized Azimbanan Spirit Ranger 5 | HP 28/64 | AC 18 (T13/FF15) | DR 3 | Init +2/+4 | Perc +11 (+mods) | Speed 30' | CMD 22 (FF 19) | F+7 R+6 W+2 | Active Conditions: None

I 100% agree with this.


Male Enlightened Yar-Ammonite Scholar 5 | HP: 32/36 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +8 | Init: -4 | Perc: +14 (+18 stonework), SM: +12 | Speed 30ft | +2 to Reflex saves and +2 AC (dodge) versus traps | See as Detect Magic | 0 non-lethal damage

I'm convinced.


Male Human (Tharag Thulan)
Stats:
hp 46/64 AC 21|T 14 |FF 18, F +7|R +2|W +4, Init +2, Per +9
Gladiator 5

This makes a lot of sense.
I mean the only other idea would be to disguise some of us as animal traders. :-)


Female Civilized Azimbanan Spirit Ranger 5 | HP 28/64 | AC 18 (T13/FF15) | DR 3 | Init +2/+4 | Perc +11 (+mods) | Speed 30' | CMD 22 (FF 19) | F+7 R+6 W+2 | Active Conditions: None

That was my original thought since I have a background in smuggling and lots of tools to fool guards / hide intent. This way is much cleaner though, and we really don't NEED to keep them all anyways.


Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 2 , Spy 2, Ranger (Dandy) 1| DR 2| AC 16, T14, FF13 (Uncanny Dodge)| HP 38/43 (4 pts Bleed Dmg), F+3/+4/+5, R+11, W+4, CMB +4, CMD 17| Init +3, Perc. +10/+12, Speed 30ft | , 10/10 Rds Bardic Perform, 3/7 times Detect Magic

Alright. Dain asked me some questions in PM regarding our plans at this pt in time and I thought I had laid them out quite plainly already, but I'll try again.

* We will all return to Zul-Bazzir this night.
* We will bring 10 mounts with us to eventually/possibly sell (on the morrow). We will lead said mounts behind our own horses. (If we need a reason as to why we have them we can say they are spares in case our animals are injured or die on our travels. This is only if someone questions us like city guards/officials and so forth.) We will ride back to the city and keep a watchful eye on the surrounds in case of approaching Yadaran cultists or other threats.
* We will use Osan's influence with the guards at the city gate to let us pass through without trouble/issue - We will pass through with little fanfare as possible - trying to keep it low-key and not draw the particular attention of the citizens and spies within the city limits. (Anyway, it'll be around 11.30pm in the evening, so why would we want to make a show of it.)
* Since the passages through the city are narrow and aren't conducive to riding through them, then we can quietly lead the mounts on foot until we reach the estate.
* We will stable as many of the mounts as we can in our own estate stables and the other mounts (that don't fit in the stables) we will secure inside the locked gates and walls of the estate (we have a personal guard at the gates who can keep a watchful eye).
* Early morning (once again - low key/discreet) we can send out one or two of our own to find buyers for the mounts and other gear we appropriated after the battle with the cultists.
* We can make plans to meet up with Osan and his mercenary guard for a private chat. We also need to figure out what to say/report to Sabiha who hired us to kill Osan and retrieve the emerald.


Female Civilized Azimbanan Spirit Ranger 5 | HP 28/64 | AC 18 (T13/FF15) | DR 3 | Init +2/+4 | Perc +11 (+mods) | Speed 30' | CMD 22 (FF 19) | F+7 R+6 W+2 | Active Conditions: None

That is exactly what I thought you had proposed. I continue to agree with this plan.


Male Enlightened Yar-Ammonite Scholar 5 | HP: 32/36 | AC: 14 (14 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +8 | Init: -4 | Perc: +14 (+18 stonework), SM: +12 | Speed 30ft | +2 to Reflex saves and +2 AC (dodge) versus traps | See as Detect Magic | 0 non-lethal damage

That lays out the plan nicely. I also understood that to be the idea and I still approve of it.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 2 , Spy 2, Ranger (Dandy) 1| DR 2| AC 16, T14, FF13 (Uncanny Dodge)| HP 38/43 (4 pts Bleed Dmg), F+3/+4/+5, R+11, W+4, CMB +4, CMD 17| Init +3, Perc. +10/+12, Speed 30ft | , 10/10 Rds Bardic Perform, 3/7 times Detect Magic

Noting this here for easier reference:

At temple district, we discovered/have gathered:

* 19 light, combat trained horses (from cultists), 1 Heavy War-Trained Horse (Priest leader), & 6 riding (and war-trained?) camels. 4 light riding horses belonging to Osan's dead guards.
* 6 normal riding kits for camels & 1 light armour for heavy, combat trained horse.
* 19 packs on mounts: Each have the following items: 20sp & 5 gp in coin, generic camping goods & scimitar.
* On Yadaran head priest/leader: MW Scimitar with golden hilt (valued at 350gp), a Yadaran dagger (need to study to learn if it has powers), silver signet ring (approx 75 gp in value), elaborate camping kit and a Scrivener's Kit. Small pouch containing 25gp, 20sp with markings of the State of Khazabad, plus 17sp & 7 gp with mixed markings from Jairan and Zul-Bazzir. A bronze ring (markings and design - belonging to the second most important family only to the Padishah himself - voice of the Padishah), valued at approx 50gp). Several scrolls ( 2 scrolls seem to have similar handwriting; the third has a different set of handwriting and a symbol on the bottom of it consistent with that on the bronze ring. It appears the scrolls are all written in the Khazistani language, but in code.)

===

We have decided to take back only 10 mounts so as to not draw suspicion (possibly the most trained mounts that we can get more money or use from).

Paten is currently carrying/holding the priests' scimitar, dagger, and ring. Also, the scrivener's tools, bronze signet ring (belonging to Padishah's envoy), scrolls, and coins on priest.

The remainder of the items we can decide what to take and we each carry them with us back to the city proper to divide or sell once we've gotten things settled.


Female Decadent Yar-Ammonite Bard (Temptress) 2 , Spy 2, Ranger (Dandy) 1| DR 2| AC 16, T14, FF13 (Uncanny Dodge)| HP 38/43 (4 pts Bleed Dmg), F+3/+4/+5, R+11, W+4, CMB +4, CMD 17| Init +3, Perc. +10/+12, Speed 30ft | , 10/10 Rds Bardic Perform, 3/7 times Detect Magic

I have a scheduled overseas family vacation from August 13th to Sept 10th. With all the entailed travel (via ship, planes, buses, shuttles and cars) wi-fi access will not be readily available or spotty at very best across the countries/cities/towns/villages I will be visiting. Plus, I really don't want to incur any accidental o/s charges on my phone. I had originally spoken to Dain GM about being botted for almost a month in my absence, however it appears he believes this will be problematic for the game. Since I will not be able to post while I'm away, there isn't much I can do about it.

Therefore, please accept this as my formal withdrawal from the game. Tairin and Sabra can quietly slip away at some point in the night when the party arrives back at the estate - I'm certain the GM will find a way to write her/them out of the game without killing them off.

Thank you so much to the players and the GM. I've enjoyed playing my character and being involved in such a rich, well-written and invested game. I wish you all well on the boards and in real life.

Best of luck and kind regards,
Tairin.


I am sorry that Tairin has decided to quit my game.

To clarify - I had something very specific to the game/plot regarding her character during the absence; unfortunately it seems this will not be happening at this time.

I will think about how I want to move forward at this time.

2,201 to 2,250 of 2,294 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / The Spider God's Bride - Discussion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.