Popular characters in Sci-Fi to use as examples for classes?


General Discussion

51 to 65 of 65 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:

...got a handful here, please bear with, the system is new and I can't open my CORE books because they're disintegrating, and trying to read the .pdf makes me nauseous for some reason...

Mechanic:
Montgomery 'Scotty' Scott -- Star Trek Original Series (Spacer)
Dr. Julian Subatoi Bashir -- Deep Space Nine (Medical Focus, Scholar)
Seamus Harper -- Andromeda (Outlaw)
Gaius Baltar -- Battlestar Galactica (Icon)

Mystic:
Sarek --Star Trek Original Series, Next Generation (Icon)(Could be Envoy as well, but with Mind Melding...
Rev Bem -- Andromeda (Priest)

nah critons scientist bit came up several times

for him i would go envoy mostly


1 person marked this as a favorite.
jimthegray wrote:
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:

...got a handful here, please bear with, the system is new and I can't open my CORE books because they're disintegrating, and trying to read the .pdf makes me nauseous for some reason...

Mechanic:
Montgomery 'Scotty' Scott -- Star Trek Original Series (Spacer)
Dr. Julian Subatoi Bashir -- Deep Space Nine (Medical Focus, Scholar)
Seamus Harper -- Andromeda (Outlaw)
Gaius Baltar -- Battlestar Galactica (Icon)

Mystic:
Sarek --Star Trek Original Series, Next Generation (Icon)(Could be Envoy as well, but with Mind Melding...
Rev Bem -- Andromeda (Priest)

nah critons scientist bit came up several times

for him i would go envoy mostly

Unless Harvey is his exocortex AI.


Mantis from Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is a Lashunta Mystic Empath.

Rocket is clearly an ExoCortex Mechanic.


Techni Muyo

Tenchi - Solarian
Reyoko - Solarian
Ayeka - Mystic
Sasami - Mystic
Washu - Technomancer/Mechanic
Mihonsi - Operative
Kiyone - Operative
Ryo-Ohki - Space Ship

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

This version of Flash Gordon is based on the 1979 Filmaion “The New Adventures of Flash Gordon.”

Character Bio, from the pilot movie
During World War II, Flash Gordon is on a mission in Warsaw, which is suffering heavy bombing. He arrives too late and his contact, who is near death, says he has a message for Doctor Zarkov, but can utter only one word, "Mongo," before he dies.

Flash travels to find Zarkov and meets 'girl reporter' Dale Arden, also on her way to interview him. They are bombarded by meteorites, which damage their plane and force them to bail out. On the ground they flee lava flows, and find a secret cave and a rocket ship. Doctor Zarkov, having no time for introductions, ushers them on board and they blast off. When safely in flight, he explains he is on a mission to the wandering planet Mongo to convince their rulers to call off their attack on Earth (by force if necessary, using a gravity weapon of his own invention). For their part, Flash and Dale agree to help him.

Flash Gordon - Spoilered for length

Spoiler:
Male Human (Earthling) Mercenary Envoy 1
LG Humanoid (Human)
Init: +6; Perception +4

DEFENSE (SP 7, HP 10, RP 3)
EAC +3, KAC +4 (Second Skin)
Fort +1, Refl +4, Will +2

OFFENSE
Speed 30ft
Melee Improved Unarmed Combat +1 (1d3+1 Blunt, Archaic)
Range Azimuth Laser Pistol +2 (1d4 F, Crit: Burn 1d4, 80ft)
Offensive Abilities Cleaver Feint

STATISTICS
Str 13 (+1), Dex 14 (+2), Con 12 (+1), Int (+0), Wis (+0), Chr 14 (+2)
Base Attack +0
Feats Improved Initiative, Improved Unarmed Strike
Other Abilities Expertise (Diplomacy, Sense Motive) +1d6
Skills Acrobatics +6, Athletics +5, Bluff +6, Culture +4, Diplomacy* +6, Perception +4, Piloting +6, and Sense Motive* +4; *- Expertise
Languages Common, English
Gear Azimuth Laser Pistol, Second Skin Armor, Personal Com Unit, Credstick (423) In the Cartoon Serial, Flash was rarely overburdened with equipment

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
The NPC wrote:
jimthegray wrote:
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:

...got a handful here, please bear with, the system is new and I can't open my CORE books because they're disintegrating, and trying to read the .pdf makes me nauseous for some reason...

Mechanic:
Montgomery 'Scotty' Scott -- Star Trek Original Series (Spacer)
Dr. Julian Subatoi Bashir -- Deep Space Nine (Medical Focus, Scholar)
Seamus Harper -- Andromeda (Outlaw)
Gaius Baltar -- Battlestar Galactica (Icon)

Mystic:
Sarek --Star Trek Original Series, Next Generation (Icon)(Could be Envoy as well, but with Mind Melding...
Rev Bem -- Andromeda (Priest)

nah critons scientist bit came up several times

for him i would go envoy mostly
Unless Harvey is his exocortex AI.

It hadn't occurred to me until you said it, but Harvey is literally an AI embedded in Criton's skull that gives him extra abilities (when it suits Harvey's purposes to do so.) Definitely an exocortex AI, with a whole lot of GM control and it's own goals.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Stella Star: a young smuggler, who is the best astro-pilot in the whole universe. She and her companion Akton end up helping the Emperor after a short prison sentence.

Stella Star

Spoiler:

Female Human Ace Pilot Operative 1
CN (good-ish) Humanoid (Human)
Init: +4; Perception +6

DEFENSE (SP 7, HP 10, RP 4)
EAC +4, KAC +5 (None)
Fort +1, Refl +5, Will +2

OFFENSE
Speed 30ft
Melee Unarmed Combat +1 (1d3+1 Blunt, Archaic)
Range Azimuth Laser Pistol +2 (1d4 F, Crit: Burn 1d4, 80ft)
Offensive Abilities Trick Attack (Sleight of Hand)

STATISTICS
Str 12 (+1), Dex 17 (+3), Con 12 (+1), Int (+0), Wis (+0), Chr 12 (+1)
Base Attack +0
Feats Improved Unarmed Strike, Skill Focus (Piloting), [Skill Focus (Perception), Skill Focus (Sleight of Hand)]
Other Abilities Operative’s Edge, Specialization (Thief)
Skills Athletics +5, Buff +5, Computers +4, Engineering +1, Perception* +6, Piloting +8, Sleight of Hand* +8, Stealth +7, Survival +4
Languages Common
Gear Azimuth Laser Pistol, Second Skin Armor (sheer), Personal Com Unit, Credstick (423) In the film, Stella Star was rarely overburdened with equipment, … or clothing for that matter.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HunterWulf wrote:

Techni Muyo

Tenchi - Solarian
Reyoko - Solarian
Ayeka - Mystic
Sasami - Mystic
Washu - Technomancer/Mechanic
Mihonsi - Operative
Kiyone - Operative
Ryo-Ohki - Space Ship

I'd argue Ayeka is more an Envoy with the Connection Inkling feat. and Washu is an avatar of Triune...

Switching gears, here's my take on the FF8 main cast, since that's the one that seems to fit best (not sure about 13, yet):
Squall, Seifer, Irvine: Soldier.
Zell: Mechanic (possibly soldier multiclass)
Quistis: Operative
Selphie: Envoy
Rinoa: Mystic

And Xenogears:
Fei: Solarian
Elly: Mystic
Citan: Operative
Bart: Soldier
Rico: Soldier
Billy: Envoy
Emeralda: Technomancer (or a really odd build of an android Solarian)


Farscape:

John Crighton: Ace Pilot Operative
Aeryn Sun: Spacefarer Soldier
Ka D'Argo: Outlaw Soldier
Zhaan: Xenoseeker Mystic Healer
Rygel: Icon (?) Envoy/Operative
China: Outlaw Operative (thief)
Pilot: Ace Pilot Mechanic (with many drones as DRDs)
Crais: Spacefarer Soldier/Operative
Scorpius: Scholar Technomancer
Stark: Priest Solarion
Jool: Scholar Envoy (?), Or maybe technomancer. The scholar part is the key for her.
Noranti: Spacefarer Mystic Xenodruid
Sikozu: Scholar Operative
Furlow: Scholar or Themeless Mechanic (only included her due to her being so vivid in my memory and not having a mechanic on the list).


Babylon 5

Commander Sinclair : multiclass soldier/solarian, ace pilot
Ambassador Delenn : mystic, priest
Galen : technomancer
Londo : envoy
G'Kar : mystic, outlaw
Garibaldi : soldier, bounty hunter (security officer)
Bester : operative, phrenic adept
Marcus : tough call, but going with operative, spacefarer
Sheridan : soldier, icon (he has that Starkiller thing going on)
Ivanova : soldier
Kosh I : mystic
Kosh II : technomancer
Franklin : envoy, xenoseeker

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

dvrobiqu wrote:
Also, Lord Fyre, thank you for the link to the other post. I hope this thread wasn't too close to that one.

Almost Identical. :)


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I wasn't sure about Ivanova's Theme, but she'd be an Ace Pilot (Starfury)

Londo, likewise, Ace Pilot (It only came up in one episode, but still)

Drazi would be a good image for Vesk, with the Time of Choosing a test of Strength that happens on a regular basis.

Silver Crusade

Here's one I've been pondering: What about Max from Dark Angel?

Given her manufactured origin, night vision, and ability to hold her breath for extended periods, she's clearly an android. And her theme would have to be outlaw.

That leaves class. Soldier is obvious, probably blitz, given her hatred of guns and emphasis on melee. But she was also very skilled, so it's tempting to call her an operative. Maybe a multi-class? Or maybe her super-human powers would be represented as a solarion or spell-caster. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it, and my first thought of soldier is accurate.


From Star Wars Aftermath:

Norra Wexley: Ace Pilot Soldier
Sinjir Velus: Outlaw Envoy
Temmen Wexley: Ace Pilot Mechanic
Jom Berell: Spacefarer Soldier
Jas Emari: Bounty Hunter Operative


Wei Ji the Learner wrote:


Londo, likewise, Ace Pilot (It only came up in one episode, but still)

Now if I were a landing thruster, which one of these would I be

51 to 65 of 65 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Starfinder / Starfinder General Discussion / Popular characters in Sci-Fi to use as examples for classes? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.