|1 person marked this as a favorite.|
I've been a huge fan of Green Ronin's Freeport setting ever since the very first adventure, Death in Freeport, in 2000. I've run Freeport campaigns in v.3.0, v.3.5, and Pathfinder, I've compiled unofficial fan errata for the setting, and along the way I've become an official contributor to the setting.
Ever since my Pathfinder Freeport campaign wrapped last year, I've been pondering using D&D Fifth Edition for my next Freeport game--though I have no idea yet when that will be (my plate's pretty full running my "Time of the Tarrasque" game, plus occasional D&D games for my kids). However, I have taken the time to write a number of columns for my "Studded Plate" blog exploring the combination of Freeport with 5E. This week's, about The Book of the Righteous, is probably my most ambitious yet.
I've decided to start a thread here (separate from my "Studded Plate" thread in Gamer Talk) as a way to highlight these Freeport 5E columns, and see what discussion I can start with others interested in the setting.
Here is the list to date:
- The Freeport Iconics in D&D 5th Edition, Part 1: Thorgrim (dwarf cleric)
- The Freeport Iconics in D&D 5th Edition, Part 2: Rollo (gnome fighter)
- The Freeport Iconics in D&D 5th Edition, Part 3: Malevir (half-elf sorcerer)
- The Freeport Iconics in D&D 5th Edition, Part 4: Alaina (human rogue)
- More Thoughts on D&D 5E Freeport (races, classes, domains, and skills)
- Unearthed Arcana and Freeport
- Unearthed Arcana and Freeport, Part 2
- Unearthed Arcana and Freeport, Part 3 (Class Options, Part 1)
- Unearthed Arcana and Freeport, Part 4 (Class Options, Part 2)
- Unearthed Arcana and Freeport, Part 5
- Plane Shift and Freeport 5E
- Unearthed Arcana and Freeport, Part 6
- The Book of the Righteous and the World of Freeport
My blog for this week, 2017 in Review, gives an overview of ongoing series of articles on my blog, including Freeport 5E. Of most interest to Freeport fans, I've recently acquired Volo's Guide to Monsters and Xanathar's Guide to Everything, so will be writing columns about using them with Freeport over the next few months.
I've been away from Freeport for a long time, but these articles are intriguing. Has Green Ronin made any 5e-related announcements with regards to Freeport?
They have not announced any such plans. The last time I saw any reply to that question on their forums or social media (some time ago now), they said that they were focusing on supporting the Pathfinder Freeport book, but might consider other systems in time.
Thanks for all your hard work on this!
Thanks! My next Freeport campaign is going to be either 5E or Fantasy AGE, so it's both game prep and writing practice. :)
Unearthed Arcana and Freeport, Part 15--and official 5E Freeport news!: A few new subclasses and feats--and a link to Green Ronin's first official 5E Freeport release!
That last part is more of a footnote, really, but I felt that it needed to be mentioned on my blog ASAP. Green Ronin has released Death in Freeport updated to the 5E rules. Long-time readers of my blog may remember my quick and dirty, unplaytested, conversion of Death to 5E. Now that there is an official conversion, I will definitely be trying to run this adventure again someday soon!
|Albion, The Eye|