Ysoki pronunciation?


General Discussion


How is Ysoki pronounced?

Ya-So-key?

E-saw-kai?

Something else?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

'filthy ratbeast'


I've been pronouncing it E-so-key with the k kinda silent.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Here's an interview with the Starfinder developer James Stutter.

It sounds like he's saying Yee-So-Key or Yuh-So-Key.


I pronounce it kind of 'Ü-so-kie' but that would be very very german :P

Yuh-so-key sounds alright for me


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Y'soki

Yeh SO KEE

*is going with that for now*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

That is my impression as well.

Unrelated, they can stuff a s!!$load of grenades in their cheek pouches.


A buddy of mine keeps reverting to "Ya-So-Koi" for some reason. I don't know how. It's always looked like "Ee-So-Key" to me.


The SF Core Rulebook uses the indefinite article 'a' with 'ysoki' meaning the 'y' is pronounced as a consonant.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Rat-Folk

-Skeld


9 people marked this as a favorite.

"Hey rat guy, help me fix the shields!"

"Ysoki!"

"No it's not ok! We're gonna die!"


*Puts on Jester's outfit"

A "Niceifyed" Games workshop IP knockoff?

*Jangles his bell's and rolls around laughing"


captain yesterday wrote:

That is my impression as well.

Unrelated, they can stuff a s&~%load of grenades in their cheek pouches.

Would it be a Dirty Trick, and acrobatics to use their Tounges to pull all the pins before spitting them out? ;)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Susan.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil Kjeldorn wrote:

*Puts on Jester's outfit"

A "Niceifyed" Games workshop IP knockoff?

*Jangles his bell's and rolls around laughing"

Alas, poor Fritz. People only seem to remember the most recent version of a concept.

Liberty's Edge

Voss wrote:
Evil Kjeldorn wrote:

*Puts on Jester's outfit"

A "Niceifyed" Games workshop IP knockoff?

*Jangles his bell's and rolls around laughing"

Alas, poor Fritz. People only seem to remember the most recent version of a concept.

I thought the fairies killed Fritz. :)


Martin Sheaffer wrote:
Voss wrote:
Evil Kjeldorn wrote:

*Puts on Jester's outfit"

A "Niceifyed" Games workshop IP knockoff?

*Jangles his bell's and rolls around laughing"

Alas, poor Fritz. People only seem to remember the most recent version of a concept.
I thought the fairies killed Fritz. :)

Wizards was a wee bit before my time ^^'...


If it helps, I wasn't referring to Wizards. Martin was making a funny.

I was referring to Fritz Leiber, from whom GW unapologetically stole most of the background for what would become the skaven.

Liberty's Edge

Kjeldorn wrote:
Martin Sheaffer wrote:
Voss wrote:
Evil Kjeldorn wrote:

*Puts on Jester's outfit"

A "Niceifyed" Games workshop IP knockoff?

*Jangles his bell's and rolls around laughing"

Alas, poor Fritz. People only seem to remember the most recent version of a concept.
I thought the fairies killed Fritz. :)
Wizards was a wee bit before my time ^^'...

I was 13 when it came out.

Liberty's Edge

Voss wrote:

If it helps, I wasn't referring to Wizards. Martin was making a funny.

I was referring to Fritz Leiber, from whom GW unapologetically stole most of the background for what would become the skaven.

I did not know that. To be honest there isn't much original in GW fantasy race wise. At least before Age of Sigmar they had a really cool world history but now even that is gone.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Martin Sheaffer wrote:
Voss wrote:

If it helps, I wasn't referring to Wizards. Martin was making a funny.

I was referring to Fritz Leiber, from whom GW unapologetically stole most of the background for what would become the skaven.

I did not know that. To be honest there isn't much original in GW fantasy race wise.

True. That was actually the point, originally. They made a lot of general fantasy miniatures (and did a lot of D&D related stuff) and wanted to pull people further in. So they made their own game to get people to have more uses for their fantasy minis, so they'd sell more.

And things escalated quickly and setting evolution happened, and then...

Quote:
At least before Age of Sigmar they had a really cool world history but now even that is gone.

Don't get me started.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Voss wrote:
I was referring to Fritz Leiber, from whom GW unapologetically stole most of the background for what would become the skaven.

Huh..didn't know that, I haven't really read any of his stuff (the more you know!).

Voss wrote:
Don't get me started.

Amen!


I'm sticking with Skaven.

Community / Forums / Starfinder / Starfinder General Discussion / Ysoki pronunciation? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.