City of Seven Seraphs


Product Discussion

1 to 50 of 272 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo Employee Organized Play Developer

6 people marked this as a favorite.

Thought I'd spread the news about the City of Seven Seraphs Kickstarter from Lost Spheres Publishing going live.
The City of Seven Seraphs is a fully developed Planar Metropolis for the Pathfinder RPG available in full-color Hardcover and PDF. It includes contributions from an amazing team of artists including Colin McComb, Clinton Boomer, Savannah Broadway, Robert Brookes, Liz Courts, Robert N Emerson, Scott Gladstein, Sasha Hall, Ehn Jolly, Ron Lundeen, Jessica Redekop, David Ross, Michael Sayre,Todd Stewart, and George Loki Williams, with stretch goals from Wolfgang Baur of Kobold Press, Jason Sonia of Storm Bunny Studios, Jason Eric Nelson of Legendary Games, and Jeremy Smith of Dreamscarred Press.

It's also got some seriously awesome art!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm backer number 7. Should be a good book.

Paizo Employee Organized Play Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Davic The Grey wrote:
I'm backer number 7. Should be a good book.

The art quality is absolutely amazing (I'm in love with the art for the Nexus iconic), and Christen has a team of incredibly talented designers all working on the things they excel at. This is definitely going to be an awesome book, if I do say so myself :)


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Pledged. I'm not familiar with the publisher or other releases, but this looks amazing. I really hope the City design is as spectacular as the art.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I will make mention, no less than 3 people on this project have worked for Amora Game. I'm very happy to see them all working on this same project. Go to it folks!!

Paizo Employee Organized Play Developer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
theneofish wrote:
Pledged. I'm not familiar with the publisher or other releases, but this looks amazing. I really hope the City design is as spectacular as the art.

As much of it as I've seen absolutely is.

Amora Game wrote:
I will make mention, no less than 3 people on this project have worked for Amora Game. I'm very happy to see them all working on this same project. Go to it folks!!

Thanks Greg! Getting to write the Battle Lord was definitely an awesome stepping stone!

Also, for any fans of Akashic Mysteries who haven't checked out the Kickstarter page yet, my contribution is the new Nexus base class, a planar-themed veilweaver who can take on the abilities of various outsiders and planes, along with around 50 new veils that also support the existing akashic classes. Fans of psionics should note that there is psionic support in this book as well, and stretch goals include materials from Jeremy Smith, co-creator of the amazing Ultimate Psionics.

Paizo Employee Organized Play Developer

I posted an article talking about City of Seven Seraphs and the Nexus base class here for anyone who's interested.

While the article is pretty brief and basically focuses on the class and teasing a couple of the new veils, you can find significantly more info about everything included in Co7S at Lost Sphere's blog.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Pledge number 100!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Took the plunge for the hardcover. I love planar adventures!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Hardcover and PDF back catalogue for me, even shipping to the UK is a good deal.

I love planar stuff almost as much as I love dragons (I have an almost complete set of 2E planescape products on my "not in storage old D&D" bookshelf).

Looking forward to this one!

Lantern Lodge RPG Superstar 2014 Top 4

2 people marked this as a favorite.

You're certainly in luck, Chemlak. I'm doing this huge planar book with the Lost Spheres folks, and the massive 1st-20th dragon-centric "Rage of Wyrms" Adventure Path for Legendary Games.

I think it's going to be a bad couple of years for your wallet ;)

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Oh yeah, the Rage of Wyrms AP is something I'm very excited about as well. But at the moment, it's the City of Seven Seraphs that holds my interest. Really hope that this will make it through the kickstarter process.

Paizo Employee Organized Play Developer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
WormysQueue wrote:
Oh yeah, the Rage of Wyrms AP is something I'm very excited about as well. But at the moment, it's the City of Seven Seraphs that holds my interest. Really hope that this will make it through the kickstarter process.

It's off to a good start, but it's all about keeping interest and spreading the word after the initial rush. Make sure to tell your friends and spread the word!

Christen released a blog post today thanking everyone for backing and making it a great first day, as well as giving some more information on our new planar-themed base class. If you haven't read, please do, and feel free to share it with anyone you think might be interested!

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Let's not forget that I'm a part of this ehndeniably talented roster. I'll be providing my own special touch to things, as it seems half of team SoM has returned for this book too.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Robert Brookes wrote:

You're certainly in luck, Chemlak. I'm doing this huge planar book with the Lost Spheres folks, and the massive 1st-20th dragon-centric "Rage of Wyrms" Adventure Path for Legendary Games.

I think it's going to be a bad couple of years for your wallet ;)

I've already got a healthy reserve budget for Rage of Wyrms, this coming out is a bonus, and frankly a lot of names I'm seeing just make me want to throw money at projects like this. Compared to a few years ago when I couldn't even afford to back Mythic Mania at any level, I'm in a good place now.

Paizo Employee Organized Play Developer

Chemlak wrote:
Robert Brookes wrote:

You're certainly in luck, Chemlak. I'm doing this huge planar book with the Lost Spheres folks, and the massive 1st-20th dragon-centric "Rage of Wyrms" Adventure Path for Legendary Games.

I think it's going to be a bad couple of years for your wallet ;)

I've already got a healthy reserve budget for Rage of Wyrms, this coming out is a bonus, and frankly a lot of names I'm seeing just make me want to throw money at projects like this. Compared to a few years ago when I couldn't even afford to back Mythic Mania at any level, I'm in a good place now.

Glad your position has improved! Be sure to keep spreading the word so we can get this thing funded and unlock some stretch goals for you and all our other backers ;)


3 people marked this as a favorite.

If you are someone who likes planar adventure, I'm 11/10 confident you will love this book. I say this to you as that weirdo that keeps showing up to PaizoCon to run Planescape games, and not as a freelancer on this project (though I am both of those things >_>).

The Exchange

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I have to admit that I'm a bit torn on the PLanescape issue. I would like to have this project as unique as anyhow possible, but on the other hand, I would also love ot mesh it with some of the things that made Planescape so great a setting. Quite a stunt for you to pull :D

Paizo Employee Organized Play Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
WormysQueue wrote:
I have to admit that I'm a bit torn on the PLanescape issue. I would like to have this project as unique as anyhow possible, but on the other hand, I would also love ot mesh it with some of the things that made Planescape so great a setting. Quite a stunt for you to pull :D

It's essentially "inspired by" Planescape as opposed to actually being or drawing directly from Planescape. Loads and loads of original material, both fluff and crunch, and able to click into pretty much any campaign setting. As far as I'm aware, a lot of this stuff is entirely unique and hasn't really been done before, though there are certain themes and tones that are going to be familiar for fans of franchises like Planescape.

Also, we just topped $10k so we're within spitting distance of the halfway mark! If you haven't checked out the project yet, please do!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
WormysQueue wrote:
I have to admit that I'm a bit torn on the PLanescape issue. I would like to have this project as unique as anyhow possible, but on the other hand, I would also love ot mesh it with some of the things that made Planescape so great a setting. Quite a stunt for you to pull :D

While I don't know what you might specifically be concerned about, I will say that the City of Seven Seraphs is on the Shadow Plane, which pretty much guarantees a host of things that necessarily need to be unique and different from other planar metropolises you could compare it to, just due to the practical nature of the plane. :)

The Exchange

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Anetra wrote:
While I don't know what you might specifically be concerned about,

It's not so much concern, as that I have those two voices in my head, the one saying: "yay, finally, Planescape 2!", while the other is saying: "Oh come on, they better try something else, because noone can even come near to the heights reached with the Planescape setting." My brain is weird this way, and I'm not sure if you should even try to produce something that satisfies each of both voices. ^^

But to hear that it's on the plane of Shadows makes me even more excited, because that's probably my favorite plane and this might make it just a bit easier to introduce the City of Seven Seraphs into my own homebrew, which is very much cut off from large parts of the planes system. The Shadow plane being one of the few exceptions.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
WormysQueue wrote:
Anetra wrote:
While I don't know what you might specifically be concerned about,

It's not so much concern, as that I have those two voices in my head, the one saying: "yay, finally, Planescape 2!", while the other is saying: "Oh come on, they better try something else, because noone can even come near to the heights reached with the Planescape setting." My brain is weird this way, and I'm not sure if you should even try to produce something that satisfies each of both voices. ^^

But to hear that it's on the plane of Shadows makes me even more excited, because that's probably my favorite plane and this might make it just a bit easier to introduce the City of Seven Seraphs into my own homebrew, which is very much cut off from large parts of the planes system. The Shadow plane being one of the few exceptions.

Hi. I'm a play-tester for the City of 7 Seraphs. Yeah...it fits real well as an add in to any homebrew. Since it's on the Plane of Shadow (one of the Transitive Planes) it's way easier to see it as being more "connected" and "available" when compared to places a little more planarly far-afield.

Also, part of the story is that the Lattice, the road on which the City is based, was very damaged quite some time ago and has been in a state of repair. So it's a super simple declaration of "Hey, the portal plaza that connects to Setting A has just been fixed. Welcome to the new, shadowy, kewl, awesome."

Paizo Employee Organized Play Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.

City of Seven Seraph gets a shout out from the team at Professional Goblins! They cover a lot of fun stuff in this episode, but you can find the conversation about Co7S at the 1:19:40 mark.

If you happen to be traveling to GenCon soon, keep an eye out for Christen and the Lost Spheres team. There's a really good chance they'll be wearing their City of Seven Seraphs t-shirts and packing bookmarks featuring some of the awesome custom art for Co7S. These aren't just placeholders though, they'll have raffle codes and opportunities for sweet swag printed on them!

If you haven't backed already, make sure to check out our Kickstarter page and consider pledging. This is a fully developed planar campaign book with cool locations, unique NPCs, lots of new mechanics, gorgeous art, and a massive new planar base class, but it won't make it to shelves unless we raise enough to cover the production costs, so don't miss this opportunity. If you were a fan of Legendary Games' Aethera Campaign Setting, it's worth noting that Co7S will be using the same printer, bind and page quality, and even some of the same design team, so this is going to be a really pretty book that's going to look really nice on your shelf.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I caught this right as it launched, I got the coveted Backer #1 slot! I have gamed with Christen quite a bit, and he is a seriously good guy. He has helped me with some of my own creative endeavors as well. So excited to see this come to fruition, so many people have put in a lot of time and effort into this, it is going to be awesome!

Paizo Employee Organized Play Developer

If you're curious for a look at both the Nexus base class and the layout quality of City of Seven Seraphs, feel free to take a peek here!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
WormysQueue wrote:
I have to admit that I'm a bit torn on the PLanescape issue. I would like to have this project as unique as anyhow possible, but on the other hand, I would also love ot mesh it with some of the things that made Planescape so great a setting. Quite a stunt for you to pull :D

WormysQueue - We are doing are best to honor the tradition without violating intellectual property of one of the genre's most popular products. But if you look at the shelving units behind Christen in our video you should get a clear idea of our inspirations. Also, since Colin McComb (original Planescape creative team and scribe of the Planescape: Torment video game) is on our team we are fairly confident we have an excellent "spiritual auditor" for our final product.

Paizo Employee Organized Play Developer

2 people marked this as a favorite.

In case you haven't been following the Lost Spheres blog City of Seven Seraphs is 46% funded and we will be releasing closed playtest docs for the Nexus to all of our .pdf level and higher backers.

If you're going to be at GenCon and haven't backed yet, you can also get access to the playtest by finding a member of the Lost Spheres team, getting one of our Co7S bookmarks, and posting a selfie with it to Lost Spheres Facebook page.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Lost Spheres Publishing wrote:
WormysQueue - We are doing are best to honor the tradition without violating intellectual property of one of the genre's most popular products. But if you look at the shelving units behind Christen in our video you should get a clear idea of our inspirations. Also, since Colin McComb (original Planescape creative team and scribe of the Planescape: Torment video game) is on our team we are fairly confident we have an excellent "spiritual auditor" for our final product.

Yeah, I was quite a bit impressed with that shelves. :D

Also, to be totally honest, I probably would have hesitated backing that kickstarter, because I didn't know anything about Lost Spheres Publishing. But the names dropped in the intro video quickly convinced me, as I know most of them from these boards, their work for Paizo and/or 3PPs.

But given that I know his work on the Planescape setting and still consider PS:T and BG 2 to be the best computer games of all times (never even touched by any CRPG that came after), Colin McComb was the icing on the cake for sure.

So it's not that I'm in any mistrust about your capability to make a great product, it's more that I'm not sure what I'd actually like to get out of it.

Still gotta survive the Blight experience first, so maybe I shouldn't concern myself too much with it :D


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm happy to announce that this project now comes with 100% more friendly neighborhood Endzeitgeist! :D

(Yep, I've been added to the list of people working on this tome!)


Yay!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Time is running out for early adopter slots!

The Exchange

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Endzeitgeist wrote:
I'm happy to announce that this project now comes with 100% more friendly neighborhood Endzeitgeist! :D

Sometimes I think your name should be Legion. I don't get how you can crank out so many high-quality reviews and still do design stuff.

But by all means keep doing it.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Hej legion is as intangible as the concept of an endzeitgeist, right? And I also do editing/dev-work, my friend! :)

Kidding aside, insomnia and a very good memory help in equal measure!

Paizo Employee Organized Play Developer

5 people marked this as a favorite.

For anyone not following Endzetgeist's blog:

"City of Seven Seraphs by Lost Spheres Publishing (PFRPG):

If you decide quickly, you can get into the early adopter phase!

Lost Spheres Publishing is a bit of an underdog in the PFRPG-world, but OH BOY. Know what this is? Something that does, strangely, not exist in any way for PFRPG. A designated planar campaign setting.

Not a tourist destination. A planar metropolis, in the tradition of Sigil etc. This has the chance to become the Planescape of PFRPG. And look at the artwork and layout. It has Liz Courts’ skills written all over it. Glorious. And guess what? Your friendly neighborhood Endzeitgeist is included in the project. More important, though, would be the list of authors involved: Colin “Planescape: Torment and Baldur’s Gate 2” McComb; Clinton frickin’ Boomer; Michael “Master of the Akashic Arts” Sayre; the hero N. Jolly needs no introduction either. THE Robert Brookes. David N. Ross. Todd Stewart. None other than planar enthusiast and long-time wildcard George “Loki” Williams. Ron “Run Amok Games” Lundeen. Savannah Broadway, Scott Gladstein, Robert N. Emerson , Jessica Redekop, Sasha Hall…oh, and the stretch-goals include the masters of the 3pp-world: Wolfgang Baur, Jason Nelson, Jeremy Smith and Stormbunny’s Jaye Sonia! Oh, and a poster map is in the cards by none other than maestro Lazaretti.

…if you know anything about 3pps, this is pretty much an all-star team, with many of the folks published by Paizo, Goodman Games, etc. – more importantly, their visions are similar. I can literally picture this gem coming together. This book NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

Please check out and support the KS right here!"


Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Ssalarn wrote:
Davic The Grey wrote:
I'm backer number 7. Should be a good book.
The art quality is absolutely amazing (I'm in love with the art for the Nexus iconic), and Christen has a team of incredibly talented designers all working on the things they excel at. This is definitely going to be an awesome book, if I do say so myself :)

Ssalarn,

I'm pretty sure that I know the answer but just so I'm sure is the Iconic male or female or other?

Oh and this book looks so good. You already have my money : )

Paizo Employee Organized Play Developer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Yrtalien wrote:
Ssalarn wrote:
Davic The Grey wrote:
I'm backer number 7. Should be a good book.
The art quality is absolutely amazing (I'm in love with the art for the Nexus iconic), and Christen has a team of incredibly talented designers all working on the things they excel at. This is definitely going to be an awesome book, if I do say so myself :)

Ssalarn,

I'm pretty sure that I know the answer but just so I'm sure is the Iconic male or female or other?

Oh and this book looks so good. You already have my money : )

In the class, the Nexus (and thus the associated iconic) is referred to in the feminine, but since Christen was the one handling the art orders this time around I don't really have a backstory for her like I do many of my other iconics. The only things that are locked in are that she considers herself a "she" and not a "he", and she's wearing veils drawn from both the Genie's Ambitions set and the Angelic Armaments set. If Christen ends up having me do a full iconic write-up for her I'm sure I'll end up sharing more about her as I discover who she is.

Also, for anyone who missed the Kickstarter update, Christen has been running an experiment he refers to as "Shadow Locks". Essentially he's been dropping puzzle pieces in some of the updates and when someone solves each mystery, we add a free option to the book independent of our stretch goals (though still dependent on the book itself reaching 100% funding). The first Shadow Lock brought on Thilo "Endzeitgeist" Graf to design a new race for Co7S, and the second Shadow Lock was solved leading to Christen adding a new shadow-themed base class to the book, the Shadewalker. I wrote this class as well, though it's not an akashic class. It's a point based gish caster that draws inspiration from two 3.5 classes, the Lurk and the Shadowcaster.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

The Nexus, the Shadowcaster... I like what I'm reading and really hope we get even more info soon. Everything I manage to find on the upcoming Nexus makes me think it will be perfect for my next game.

The idea of a planar setting encourages me. In the past as my group has moved into more powerful arenas I've done things like open up Golarion to them (let them go wherever they wanted on Golarion. Really when you're 13th lvl and have decided to explore what city guard is going to stop you.

I've opened up the other planets in one game and now I can open up the planes. All of this helps strengthen my players image of the game world.... which is, ideally, expansive but well defined.

Looking forward to Co7S and even more to the Nexus preview. I do love presents


2 people marked this as a favorite.

For everyone lurking: a) This NEEDS to fund. b) The KS actually comes with cool meta-puzzles; solving these nets extra content/etc.! :D


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Some of that art is just unreal! Also, the creativity oozing out of this project's pores is wonderful. I want this in a bad way...

Paizo Employee Organized Play Developer

2 people marked this as a favorite.

For anyone who missed it, or just hasn't seen it yet, the Nexus playtest is now available for City of Seven Seraphs backers!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ssalarn wrote:
For anyone who missed it, or just hasn't seen it yet, the Nexus playtest is now available for City of Seven Seraphs backers!

We came here to announce this but as usual the masterful Ssalarn has already heralded it. So we will just setting for linking to our second iconic of the first revealed Shadow Lock class... the shadewalker. As an added bonus, the iconic also serves as a preview for N. Jolly's judow race... more details here: Here.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm repeating myself, but I cannot believe the quality of that artwork. Vincent Coviello FTW!

The judow race (though I don't love the name) sounds seriously cool, too. Fusion of inevitable and humanoid...care of Kytons. Damn, that's twisted in all the right ways...

Silver Crusade

BenS wrote:

I'm repeating myself, but I cannot believe the quality of that artwork. Vincent Coviello FTW!

The judow race (though I don't love the name) sounds seriously cool, too. Fusion of inevitable and humanoid...care of Kytons. Damn, that's twisted in all the right ways...

I like the name myself, but I can understand it's not for everyone. I've always had the concept for the race in my back pocket, and when Christen suggested a few changes to make it work better for the product, I think it gave the race the personality it needed to really stand out.


BenS wrote:

I'm repeating myself, but I cannot believe the quality of that artwork. Vincent Coviello FTW!

The judow race (though I don't love the name) sounds seriously cool, too. Fusion of inevitable and humanoid...care of Kytons. Damn, that's twisted in all the right ways...

Well if the judow are not your thing (in name or flesh) just hang on a minute because there are still FOUR Shadow Locks to open to get to the City. In fact... One might be appearing pretty darn soon...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Such... such good... I really like all that I read : ) The Nexus is a marvelous blend of planar power and akashic.

Paizo Employee Organized Play Developer

Yrtalien wrote:
Such... such good... I really like all that I read : ) The Nexus is a marvelous blend of planar power and akashic.

Thank you! I do what I can.


Slaneesh demons called judow i think my money spend in good way. We need more veils for nexus

Paizo Employee Organized Play Developer

3 people marked this as a favorite.
khadgar567 wrote:
We need more veils for nexus

Well, the Nexus is at 50 veils right now and Akashic Mysteries only had 75, so we've already massively increased the number of veils available. Christen also let me go almost 5k over my word count to get all the veils I wanted in there. I'm definitely down with doing more veils and sets (maybe even another akashic class...) but I'm guessing we'll need to at least hit that funding goal before Christen starts throwing more page count my way.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
khadgar567 wrote:
Slaneesh demons called judow i think my money spend in good way. We need more veils for nexus

I feel like the name will make more sense to a lot of people when they see the race's origins, and we will always need more veils, yes. Also the preview art for the judow is my child I love.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

The Nexus certainly earns its place alongside the current Akashic classes, even in its early Playtest state...I love the synergy between the various veils in the Convergence 'packages', and with every new veil available to at least one of the other Akashic classes, it greatly expands the playstyle options of those classes!

As an example, the original Vizier veil selection leaned the class slightly towards evil characters; Two of the five Vizier-exclusive Ring slot veils have the evil descriptor, as well as the Vizier exclusive Heart of the Wight, while the only Vizier veil with the good descriptor is the Loyal Paladin's Spear of Light...this is remedied by five of the ten new veils associated with the Heavens being open to Viziers.

In closing, you knocked it out of the park again, Ssalarn...to everyone else, if you haven't backed the amazing City of Seven Seraphs kickstarter yet, you definitely should!

1 to 50 of 272 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Third-Party Pathfinder RPG Products / Product Discussion / City of Seven Seraphs All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.