Most sadistic spell combo you can think of?


Advice

101 to 132 of 132 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Kayerloth wrote:
The Mad Comrade wrote:
Kayerloth wrote:

The above ideas paired with Sunburst. Non elemental 6d6 damage + blindness-permanent in a 160ft diameter (or more with metamagic) but leaves the structures alone, kind of the 'neutron bomb' version of Firefall. Probably won't kill as many humans, elves, orcs etc., but against fire resistant foes or other such scenarios ... Zombie/undead horde anyone.

21 hp to a bunch of 1st level folk will probably kill 'em all outright. The survivors are almost certainly blinded.

Anyone that survives and is not blinded should be dealt with promptly. ;)

Agree, I was referring more to Ravingdork's post apocalyptic firestorm and the body count that might rack up from everything in the 80ft diameter getting set on fire rather than the initial 5d6 vs 6d6 damage the Firefall spell inflicts.

Aye.

That apocalyptic fire storm is a thing of beauty. Even its baseline version can wreck utter havoc at 7th-8th level. If the caster and their buddies are willing to stick around to pick off bucket brigades, they could well annihilate a sizable swath of most cities before the high level muckity-mucks arrive.


Anything nasty on the other side of a secret (false) door. Whether it's a Glyph, Symbol or Sphere of Annihilation or whatnot. Personally I placed a Prismatic Wall over a Symbol of Stunning on the wall behind the door in one campaign. Naturally the Prismatic Wall had to be hiding or protecting something so the party removed it ...

I was always sad it was the Monk in one of my campaigns that came across the Invisible Rust Monsters guarding the foes library. The party on the other hand was very glad it was.

Some of the various Wall spell ideas might work on any plane of existence where the idea of 'vertical' is much more relativistic depending on the GM of course.

I've used Reverse Gravity just inside the doorway of a room with a high ceiling. The sneaking invisible rogue (called a Thief at the time) found the Glitterdust that was near the room's ceiling very annoying when he entered and promptly 'fell' into it.


SmiloDan wrote:

I'm looking for something to combine with spike stones. Something forces a lot of horizontal movement.

(In 5th Edition, I played a druid that cast spike growth (it does 2d4 per 5 feet traversed) and set it up so the warlock could cast a repelling blast eldritch blast.)

For Stone Spikes I typically use a summoned critter to grapple and drag

Assuming the victim doesn't fly it would be fun to make a maximum height wall of stone, put stone spikes all along it, then get a flying summon to drag him to the top and drop him every single round.

If your doing it with a pit then just put grease at the very top edge

My current character carries around a spell storing pole arm with force punch


Set wrote:
Rules Police wrote:
Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
Maybe a wall of force on your side of the stone shaped cap for structural integrity.
A wall of force has to be vertical, doesn't work.

Although if you were terribly unlucky, you could get flung up into the vertical edge of a wall of force over the square your pit is in, neatly cutting you in half.

(I don't think you could create the wall of force *after* creating pit, because it wouldn't count as a vertical surface anymore, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't cast create pit on a space that already contains a wall of force...)

Still, a lot of work, and no guarantee that the person won't just pop up on one side of the wall or the other.

What about applying a Wall of Thorns inside the pit and then a Wall of Force alongside the walls? When the pit finally raises, the stone lid would force the thorns to squish themselves within the confines of the force wall, causing everyone inside the wall to get caught in the thorns.


How about Curse of Disgust with a target of itself?
If landed, you get permanent sickened on them.

Then there is Thorny Entanglement. You get a 40' radius with a 15' additional radius effect. Only 2d6 damage, but great area and duration. While Stone Call has the 40' radius and 2d6 damage, that is only once per spell.

/cevah

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

Reduxist wrote:
Set wrote:
Rules Police wrote:
Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
Maybe a wall of force on your side of the stone shaped cap for structural integrity.
A wall of force has to be vertical, doesn't work.

Although if you were terribly unlucky, you could get flung up into the vertical edge of a wall of force over the square your pit is in, neatly cutting you in half.

(I don't think you could create the wall of force *after* creating pit, because it wouldn't count as a vertical surface anymore, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't cast create pit on a space that already contains a wall of force...)

Still, a lot of work, and no guarantee that the person won't just pop up on one side of the wall or the other.

What about applying a Wall of Thorns inside the pit and then a Wall of Force alongside the walls? When the pit finally raises, the stone lid would force the thorns to squish themselves within the confines of the force wall, causing everyone inside the wall to get caught in the thorns.

Reverse gravity over a hungry pit with a glyph of warding on the ceiling doing dispel magic on any flying magic the targets have up. Or maybe an anti-magic field at the top of the reverse gravity? At the very least, dimensional anchor to block teleporting out.

But now we're entering Evil Magic Trap territory.... ***evil grin***


One I can't take credit (seen it posted) for is Tar Pool + Sirocco to keep opponents locked down and exhausted in an area of 7d6+1CL pain every turn it lasts (plus bonus initial damage). Even works on fliers and can be done by Druids.


solid fog + cloudkill or incendiary cloud or etc...


Pathfinder Pawns, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
deuxhero wrote:
One I can't take credit (seen it posted) for is Tar Pool + Sirocco to keep opponents locked down and exhausted in an area of 7d6+1CL pain every turn it lasts (plus bonus initial damage). Even works on fliers and can be done by Druids.

Yeah, this is a great combo that I've shared in every spell combo thread in recent memory, including this one if I'm not mistaken.


Yep when I planned a Samsaran oracle I picked Druid spell list to pick up that combo for the later levels, using entangle, Aquas orb and thorny entanglement for earlier levels :)


SmiloDan wrote:
Reduxist wrote:
Set wrote:
Rules Police wrote:
Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
Maybe a wall of force on your side of the stone shaped cap for structural integrity.
A wall of force has to be vertical, doesn't work.

Although if you were terribly unlucky, you could get flung up into the vertical edge of a wall of force over the square your pit is in, neatly cutting you in half.

(I don't think you could create the wall of force *after* creating pit, because it wouldn't count as a vertical surface anymore, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't cast create pit on a space that already contains a wall of force...)

Still, a lot of work, and no guarantee that the person won't just pop up on one side of the wall or the other.

What about applying a Wall of Thorns inside the pit and then a Wall of Force alongside the walls? When the pit finally raises, the stone lid would force the thorns to squish themselves within the confines of the force wall, causing everyone inside the wall to get caught in the thorns.

Reverse gravity over a hungry pit with a glyph of warding on the ceiling doing dispel magic on any flying magic the targets have up. Or maybe an anti-magic field at the top of the reverse gravity? At the very least, dimensional anchor to block teleporting out.

But now we're entering Evil Magic Trap territory.... ***evil grin***

Buddy, this thread started with an Evil Magic Trap™!


This is in 5e, but it's still fairly sadistic. One of our friends cast Wall of Force (in 5e you can make it a sphere around an enemy) around an enemy. The party barbarian cast Create Food and Water inside the sphere (because that works, also yeah, I said barbarian, don't worry about it) drowning the poor guy in oatmeal filled water.


Frogsplosion wrote:
This is in 5e, but it's still fairly sadistic. One of our friends cast Wall of Force (in 5e you can make it a sphere around an enemy) around an enemy. The party barbarian cast Create Food and Water inside the sphere (because that works, also yeah, I said barbarian, don't worry about it) drowning the poor guy in oatmeal filled water.

Someone's getting themselves a revenant. ;)

Silver Crusade

Disintegrate.

Assuming the target is dust, next round gust of wind.


Flesh to stone, followed by stone to mud and finish off with wish spell to keep it permanent......


I like create pit and then summoning one or more large herd animals. They take falling damage and then have tons of herbivore fall on them.

That is comedy gold.


hungry pit into which one rolls a cloudkill once something's at the bottom getting munched on.

Depending on the enemy, you'll need a dimensional anchor to keep 'em in there.

Talk about a Pathfinder sarlacc pit ... ;)


Mind Fog + Phantasmal Killer and a low Fortitude roll killed the party's monk/fighter last week.


gamerdork wrote:

Disintegrate.

Assuming the target is dust, next round gust of wind.

even better, just do quickened gust of wind.


I've got to get to work on the Boogeyman prepetitioner class. Your sidekick spook to make the enemy run across you spike stones.:)


1. Winter's Grasp (affected by Rime Spell metamagic)
2. Web (entangled penalty from Rime Spell helps)
3. Stinking Cloud

If you're nauseated, you can't take a standard action to get un-webbed. We lost our ranger to 1d6 cold damage over many rounds.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's rather high level but I like the fiendish potential in a combination of feeblemind, prediction of failure, and the version of binding that leaves you stuck inside a gem forever.

It basically leaves you with a five-year-old child (mentally speaking), who remembers every single mistake they ever made as painfully as the first time it hit, and who will keep feeling that pain forever.

I suppose one could also use temporal stasis or imprisonment in place of the binding.


gamerdork wrote:

Disintegrate.

Assuming the target is dust, next round gust of wind.

Darigaaz the Igniter wrote:
even better, just do quickened gust of wind.

O.O

Actually essentially I had this happen in a campaign. I had used Disintegrate earlier in the initiative against a high level Ftr, then another companion used a Rod of Wonder which fired off the Gust of Wind. Still got mentioned around the gaming table years later, the look on the GM's face as he read the Rod's effect result was priceless.


Kayerloth wrote:
Actually essentially I had this happen in a campaign. I had used Disintegrate earlier in the initiative against a high level Ftr, then another companion used a Rod of Wonder which fired off the Gust of Wind. Still got mentioned around the gaming table years later, the look on the GM's face as he read the Rod's effect result was priceless.

Great story of a Wand of Wonder: Wubba Wubba by R.A. Salvatore

/cevah


Sebaceous Twin + Infernal Healing, especially on a creature that already has fast healing or regeneration. (Really, Sebaceous Twin on its own on a creature w/fast healing or regeneration is already rather cruel. Infernal Healing "just" means that they need to make 10 more attacks on that person to counteract Sebaceous Twin after figuring out the proper method to cure it)


Linea Lirondottir wrote:
Sebaceous Twin + Infernal Healing, especially on a creature that already has fast healing or regeneration. (Really, Sebaceous Twin on its own on a creature w/fast healing or regeneration is already rather cruel. Infernal Healing "just" means that they need to make 10 more attacks on that person to counteract Sebaceous Twin after figuring out the proper method to cure it)

Sebaceous Twin? I can't seem to find that spell. Is that 3.5 or something?


Reduxist wrote:
Linea Lirondottir wrote:
Sebaceous Twin + Infernal Healing, especially on a creature that already has fast healing or regeneration. (Really, Sebaceous Twin on its own on a creature w/fast healing or regeneration is already rather cruel. Infernal Healing "just" means that they need to make 10 more attacks on that person to counteract Sebaceous Twin after figuring out the proper method to cure it)
Sebaceous Twin? I can't seem to find that spell. Is that 3.5 or something?

Pathfinder Adventure Path #119 - Prisoners of the Blight, pages 70-71. It's specifically a spell for Cyth-V’sug worshippers. Overall effect: If it penetrates your SR you're affected. Spell lasts for CL turns, +1 for each amount of healing you receive and -1 for each time you're damaged. Every turn you must make a fortitude save at what the spell's DC would be or take 1 point of constitution damage and you're sickened for that round.

It's only a third level spell (Cleric, Oracle, Druid, Hunter, Sorcerer, Wizard, and Witch spell lists) so it's very spammable and easy to apply metamagic feats to. A very slight mitigating factor: It requires a touch attack, so if you can stay out of melee range and they don't have reach metamagic you're safe from it.


Summon Monster (Of any Level)+Unnatural Lust

Ah, sweet, sweet memories. No one ever mugged my Enchanter after that.


Not sadistic, but Page-Bound Epiphany (+10@11) and Ally Across Time (+6@11) stack once you hit level 11. This is a +16 bonus to a knowledge check for just two level 2 spells (you can also get a +10 total at level 7).

The Knowledge check in question should be aid another compatible, given how Page-Bound Epiphany (and knowledge checks in general) work. It takes over a minute to do though.


Sarvis the Buck wrote:

Summon Monster (Of any Level)+Unnatural Lust

Ah, sweet, sweet memories. No one ever mugged my Enchanter after that.

Summon Nature's Ally I has stirges...

Shadow Lodge

Gate + Teleport (Quickened) ...because you don't want to be there when the enemy's new BFF arrives.


Confusion + murderous command on the foes that make the save Confusion lock people onto the guy.

101 to 132 of 132 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Advice / Most sadistic spell combo you can think of? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.