Captain Yesterday's Home For Nuanced And Civil Discussion.


Off-Topic Discussions

51 to 100 of 203 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I'm off to bed, but before I do I'd just like to point out Solarions aren't all that bad.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Wow! Civilized discussion made it to a second page.

I'm sure there's a sliver of hope in that somewhere


captain yesterday wrote:
I've done it.

I've done it recently! XD


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I'm not seeing all the many typos and errors the Starfinder first impressions thread that was shut down said there would be.

I'm shocked! Shocked I say, that someone would exaggerate something like that! And on the internet no less!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
And on the internet no less!!

GASP!

Wh-what have they done to me?! Noooooo!!!! I had so much promise!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

*looks around*
Nice thread you got here!
*grins*
*slams her forehead into TIC1998 in a magnificent headbutt that sprays cables and circuit cards everywhere*
Tee hee!
*sniffs*
I'm a horrible person!!!!
*cries inconsolably*


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I'm sure you can just put it back together and reuse it, much like grenades in Starfinder, if you need every tiny thing spelled out for you that is.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Sissyl wrote:

*looks around*

Nice thread you got here!
*grins*
*slams her forehead into TIC1998 in a magnificent headbutt that sprays cables and circuit cards everywhere*
Tee hee!
*sniffs*
I'm a horrible person!!!!
*cries inconsolably*

Wait... are... are you... a... forlarren?!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Oww...Owww...is it chaos time yet...all this order is sort of crimping my style... ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
I'm sure you can just put it back together and reuse it, much like grenades in Starfinder, if you need every tiny thing spelled out for you that is.

I want to chuck a light grenade in that thread.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

This thread needs more Smurfs


2 people marked this as a favorite.

We have five confirmed pumpkins growing in the garden. The most recent, in a bid to finally end the tomato menace tried to grow in one of the tomato cages, but I caught it and carefully redirected it and it's vine on a less destructive path towards itself and it's future table companions.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The peppers are small, stunted and frankly, a little scary.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

We're waiting to watch Guardians Of The Galaxy vol 2 at the budget cinema!!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Have fun!

There's a great idea for a variant Mary Poppins Halloween costume in that movie.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It was an exceptionally great movie!

I think I liked the first one better, but only by a bit.

StalloneshouldvediednotYondu.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:

Have fun!

There's a great idea for a variant Mary Poppins Halloween costume in that movie.

"You kind of look like Mary Poppins"

"Was he cool?"

"Yes, he was very cool!"

"Hey, I'm Mary Poppins!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Also, was that Hela from Ragnarok in the ravager fleet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Gotta get Starfinder character and ship sheets printed tomorrow.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
There are no coincidences.

But sometimes the pattern is more obvious.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Like sewing!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Also, was that Hela from Ragnarok in the ravager fleet.

{adjusts nerd hat} No, that was Aleta Ogord (in a cameo by Michelle Yeoh). Aleta, Stakar (Stallone), Charlie-27 (Ving Rhames), Martinex (the diamond-looking dude, Michael Rosenbaum), and Yondu were all founding members of the original Guardians of the Galaxy team in the comics. Also in the comics, Aleta and Stakar are siblings by adoption (not sure if that, or any of their complicated history, is still canon on the movies).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Interesting!

It still should've been Stallone to die.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

First ship I'm going to recreate using the starship building rules will be the Planet Express.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

It was an exceptionally great movie!

I think I liked the first one better, but only by a bit.

StalloneshouldvediednotYondu.

Yondu died? Great. I've not seen the movie.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Dang it! Should've used spoiler tags!

If it helps, it's a really great movie and a super classy funeral.

And he's super awesome.

Sorry!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Unrelated, since earth shares the same universe as Starfinder and Starfinder is set in the future I'm going to adjust Vanara to be more ape then monkey and have earth be a Planet Of The Apes.

With starships and everything.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Also, to be fair, death in movies and comic books is hardly ever permanent.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well... maybe. It's been a while since the last big profile resurrection, hasn't it?


Sissyl Soon-to-be Spoiler!:
The DCMU looks to have the first in a while, what with Supes and all.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

According to RAW Ysoki can store ten grenades or an advanced missile in their cheek pouches. Will that be enough!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Battleship Named George wrote:
According to RAW Ysoki can store ten grenades or an advanced missile in their cheek pouches. Will that be enough!

How about tape? 'Cause when you're making a bomb, you might need some tape.

Stop dancing for a minute, Baby Ghoran, and pay attention while I explain again on how to arm this device.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

You can have tape in them yes.

Whether or not you remember to is up to you, I guess it depends on how many grenades you want to tape back together after using. :-)


Or what kind of composite bomb you're trying to tape together when you're in the belly of a

Spoiler:
massive sentient evil planet what is trying to deduce your captain and devour the rest of the universe's planets to make more of himself.

:D


1 person marked this as a favorite.

At least his name wasn't Martha!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

So I delved too deeply into the Solarion wars.

Who knows what i've let loose yet, I don't want to go back to check. :-)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It turns out telling people fixated on the math of Starfinder classes that there's more to life than math without having any math to back yourself up and using math terms like variables and such is a lot of fun.

Really, I blame them for being dismissive, rude, and boring about it all.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

It turns out telling people fixated on the math of Starfinder classes that there's more to life than math without having any math to back yourself up and using math terms like variables and such is a lot of fun.

Really, I blame them for being dismissive, rude, and boring about it all.

QFT. You can "prove" anything with math - but it's only as "objective" as the model of reality it assumes. People who do that are really missing the point of the game.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Thank you, that explains what i've been trying to say this whole time!

That's a great way of putting it. :-)

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I once had a nasty argument on here with someone who literally insisted "the rightness of my argument is independent of my preference" because she'd done a bit of 5th-grade pre-algebra to support her foregone conclusion, then rained insults on me for daring to disagree with her (even likening me to Alex Jones) and suggesting that I "go stare at a picture of a Monk's abs."

I notice I don't believe I've seen that person anywhere on here since. ^^


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I've recently adopted a policy of saying my piece once and leaving it at that.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I do that sometimes, too.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I for one am excited to try out my Shirren Solarion in our Starfinder game (which will be heavily influenced by Futurama).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Or maybe Ysoki something or other.

A lot can change in a week, especially with the physical books expected sometime this week.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
I'm Hiding In Your Closet wrote:

I once had a nasty argument on here with someone who literally insisted "the rightness of my argument is independent of my preference" because she'd done a bit of 5th-grade pre-algebra to support her foregone conclusion, then rained insults on me for daring to disagree with her (even likening me to Alex Jones) and suggesting that I "go stare at a picture of a Monk's abs."

I notice I don't believe I've seen that person anywhere on here since. ^^

Staring at a picture of a monk's abs (or a nun's guns) doesn't sound so bad.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I think I might rename my Shirren Solarion to Bik'Tik.

If you can say it three times fast without it sounding like big dick you're a far more gifted linguist then I.

Or you're doing it wrong.

Depends on perspective I guess.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

It was an exceptionally great movie!

I think I liked the first one better, but only by a bit.

StalloneshouldvediednotYondu.

Yondu died? Great. I've not seen the movie.

*Twirls mustache*

<redacted> was dead the whole time!
Harry's a <redacted>!
<redacted> gets a hair cut!
Mawhahaha


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Eoghnved wrote:
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
There are no coincidences.
But sometimes the pattern is more obvious.

Speaking of patterns, have you ever examined your foot? I do believe that the swirly kikaboodles on them should have something to do with your future if one could discover the interconnectedness of all things.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
I'm Hiding In Your Closet wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

It turns out telling people fixated on the math of Starfinder classes that there's more to life than math without having any math to back yourself up and using math terms like variables and such is a lot of fun.

Really, I blame them for being dismissive, rude, and boring about it all.

QFT. You can "prove" anything with math

- but it's only as "objective" as the model of reality it assumes. People who do that are really missing the point of the game.

No, no you can't.


Is it love.

51 to 100 of 203 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Captain Yesterday's Home For Nuanced And Civil Discussion. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.