Ennies 2017


Paizo General Discussion

51 to 56 of 56 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
WormysQueue wrote:


I hope I do not come across as too angry, but saying that Paizo/pathfinder products should have won more is simultaneously saying that the actual winners didn't deserve it. When they totally do.

Sorry, but the logic here doesn't hold up. I would expect for something like this there are many product that 'deserve it' but not all can get it. The question is what 'deserves it the most,' which can only be found by comparing products, not looking at a product in isolation.

Dark Archive

God forbid companies that continually put out products just as good as anything Paizo puts out actually get recognition for it, huh? I can't believe there are so many butthurt people over this issue. Most of these companies, Paizo has had more gold ENnies over the past 10 years than they have ever had nominations. 2017 Wasn't Paizo's year. Get over it.

@Redelia - Apparently the judges have decided that other companies "deserve it the most" above Paizo.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Shadow Kosh wrote:

God forbid companies that continually put out products just as good as anything Paizo puts out actually get recognition for it, huh? I can't believe there are so many butthurt people over this issue. Most of these companies, Paizo has had more gold ENnies over the past 10 years than they have ever had nominations. 2017 Wasn't Paizo's year. Get over it.

@Redelia - Apparently the judges have decided that other companies "deserve it the most" above Paizo.

And it's quite possible they're right. I'm simply pointing out that a previous poster made a point that logically does not work.

Dark Archive

I also find the "The judges hate D&D-style RPGs and that's why Paizo didn't get any good nominations" line to be overstated here. If that's true, then why did Lamentations of the Flame Princess do so well?

Honestly, compared to some prior years, it was nice to see some non-D&D stuff well represented.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

8 people marked this as a favorite.
Shadow Kosh wrote:
2017 Wasn't Paizo's year. Get over it.

It's okay—the monsters haven't finished eating the ENnies from previous years yet.

The Exchange

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Redelia wrote:
Sorry, but the logic here doesn't hold up. I would expect for something like this there are many product that 'deserve it' but not all can get it. The question is what 'deserves it the most,' which can only be found by comparing products, not looking at a product in isolation.

Don't see anything wrong with my logic here. The winner is who deserved most (according to the Judges opinion), and by saying that another product should have won instead is not only saying that the Judges were wrong, it's also saying that that product is comparatively better.

In the same post, I also said that in my opinion, some Paizo products would have deserved to be nominated. So obviously I do not agree with the Judges on anything. Doesn't mean though that they were biased against Paizo.

Not sure if your point was that there's the possibility that some products were equally deserving. If so, I guess there's the possibility to award those products the same kind of honor (Not sure if this is possible by the ennies' rules but why not have to Golden Ennie award winners to illustrate that.

Dale McCoy wrote:
I hope I don't come across as too bitter. Pathfinder Compatible publishers don't exactly get taken seriously by the society crowd on these boards and I've become sensitive to it. I try to keep it in check, but I fail from time to time.

It's all good. I can imagine how hard it must be, especially considering the fact that 3PPs generally have problems to be considered deserving even by parts of the Pathfinder crowd. Which is a shame, really, because you all have published an awesome lot of great pproducts (and still do). So I might have been too harsh, and I apologize for that, but I felt that the piling up of negativity against the Judges went to far as a whole.

Quote:

But I did feel that WotC's TftYP deserved a nomination and instead it got a Judge's Spotlight. Which, (and those that were Ennie's Judges in the past, please correct me if I am wrong) means that that judge felt it was a worthy product to be up there but not enough of the other judges did. Combine that with the fact that no other D&D/Pathfinder roleplaying products (not including the accessories) were nominated this year, makes me believe that enough of the judges were against D&D/Pathfinder as a game system.

That says "biased" to me.

Here we'll probably have to agree to disagree. I can't speak for every category, as I generally don't listen to podcasts, don't do minis or too much blog reading, but as far as most of the other stuff goes, you don't have to be biased against Pathfinder/D&D to find that other products might be more deserving of the nominations and/or medals. I mean I'm certainly not biased against Pathfinder and still think that the Judges mostly chose the right products. But then, maybe I'm just biased in favor of Chaosium and 7th Sea, so I don't see anything wrong in them winning a lot of Ennies.

51 to 56 of 56 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / General Discussion / Ennies 2017 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.