Witcher TV series from Netflix


Television

51 to 69 of 69 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Werthead wrote:
Fabius Maximus wrote:
Yennefer is about 100 years old when she meets Geralt. The actress is 21. Even with Elven blood, Yennefer should not look like she was barely out of her teens.
Yennefer made herself look a lot younger with magic. All the sorcerers do, but Yenn took it to massive extremes because of her deformity. At one point in the books Jaskier says she looks about 16 years old (at another point someone says she looks about 20, so she may have adjusted the glamour).

Oh, good.

I didn't need to know about Sapkowski's fantasies.


This makes sense within the world's framework. It's explicitly stated in the books that majority of sorceress are using magic to maintain a youthful appearance as a PR stunt. While not said explicitly it also might be a sort of confidence booster for them, in the same vein cosmetic surgery is used by some celebrities here and now.


Fabius Maximus wrote:
Werthead wrote:
Fabius Maximus wrote:
Yennefer is about 100 years old when she meets Geralt. The actress is 21. Even with Elven blood, Yennefer should not look like she was barely out of her teens.
Yennefer made herself look a lot younger with magic. All the sorcerers do, but Yenn took it to massive extremes because of her deformity. At one point in the books Jaskier says she looks about 16 years old (at another point someone says she looks about 20, so she may have adjusted the glamour).

Oh, good.

I didn't need to know about Sapkowski's fantasies.

That is a pretty telling assumption about a writer.

Liberty's Edge

First look at Henry Cavill in role.

I like it.


CapeCodRPGer wrote:

First look at Henry Cavill in role.

I like it.

Boy, Legolas got old.

Sovereign Court

looking good for a young Geralt I think, like at the time of the striga novel

Liberty's Edge

Anyone know if they are doing the books and video games or are they writing orginal plots for this?


CapeCodRPGer wrote:
Anyone know if they are doing the books and video games or are they writing orginal plots for this?

It's based on the books. They do not have the rights to the video games.

Based on the casting announced, it looks like they are going to be adapting several of the short stories from the first two books, and possibly then moving into the third book (which is the first of the five-novel core "saga").

Liberty's Edge

More pics here.

The main characters look good.

Sovereign Court

Ciri kinda sorta looks good too. Yen is a travesty.


Hama wrote:
Ciri kinda sorta looks good too. Yen is a travesty.

How so?


First picture of Roach in the show.

Liberty's Edge

First Trailer.

Looks great.

Sovereign Court

Looks cool. The final sequence bought me.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

Between this, His Dark Materials, and Carnival Row, we could be finally reaching a golden age of fantasy on TV.


Man, must they have faith in the abilities of their main character. He gets one whole line in a 2 minute trailer.


Hm. Doubts about Henry Cavill in the role here.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
jocundthejolly wrote:

Hm. Doubts about Henry Cavill in the role here.

He's playing the drow-like outcast that everyone hates. How hard can it be after playing such a horrible Superman? (too soon? :P)

MAAAAAAAAAAAARTHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!


PDK,

For me, I'll be glad to see Tyler do Superman for a bit.

51 to 69 of 69 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Entertainment / Television / Witcher TV series from Netflix All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Television
Supergirl
The Mandalorian