PaizoCon Event Schedule


PaizoCon General Discussion

51 to 100 of 146 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Katina Davis wrote:
rknop wrote:
Hmm, it just came through. Thank you to whoever is working late!

>_>

<_<

*slinks back into the shadows*

Did anyone else see a clockwork owl pass through here? I swear, one of these days someone else will see it and you will know I'm not crazy!

;-)

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Starfinder Superscriber

You've been watching too much 1980's Clash of the Titans

Grand Lodge

Dang... I just realized that typically we don't see the results of the lottery until it opens up for open selection right? Any way to show us results, but not allow us to do anything?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 32

RyanH wrote:
Dang... I just realized that typically we don't see the results of the lottery until it opens up for open selection right? Any way to show us results, but not allow us to do anything?

The email that Paizo sent out last night seemed to indicate that the results will be available at noon on thursday. (they even bolded it).

But then they go on to say that open reg starts then too, which conflicts with the events page which says noon friday.

Grand Lodge

I didn't get an email.

Liberty's Edge

Here is what Sara posted yesterday:

I adjusted the dates and times for the lottery for a number of reasons including customer service being completely unavailable today from 1pm-3pm.

Event lottery signup began
Fri, May 5, 2017, 10:00 am

Event lottery signup will close
tomorrow, 12:00 pm

Open event signup will begin
Friday, 10:00 am

Open event signup will close
Mon, May 22, 2017, 10:00 am

Event trading will begin
Friday, 10:00 am

Event trading will close
Mon, May 22, 2017, 10:00 am

So, it sounds like the lottery signup will close today in about a half hour. We should get our lottery picks revealed sometime after that, probably later today.

Then, the open event signup and lottery event trading will begin tomorrow at 10:00 am.

Assuming I have that right, we should have time to go over our schedule later today before open event stuff starts tomorrow

Grand Lodge

Thanks Marc.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 32

W E Ray wrote:
I didn't get an email.

Heres what I got:

Paizocon 2017 lottery selection process is closing Thursday, May 11 at 12:00 PM Pacific time!

The schedule includes dozens of exclusive lottery games like "Out of Retirement" Pathfinder Society Scenarios, celebrity games, and informative panels. You'll also see the return of Auntie Lisa's Story Hour and Erik Mona's Miniatures Trading Afterparty, all of which are among over 300 total events over the course of the weekend run by Paizo staff, special guests, and fans. We also have updated the lineup of special guests coming to the show!
PaizoCon attendees have started entering their preferences for the PaizoCon Event Lottery. The window for the Event Lottery selections will close on Wednesday, Thursday, May 11 at 12:00 PM Pacific time. So, if you're coming to PaizoCon and haven't put in your selections yet, or you're still on the fence about attending, you'll want to register soon!
The PaizoCon Event Lottery results will be available on Thursday, May 11 at 12:00 PM Pacific time. This is also when Open Registration and Event Trading begins, so you'll be able to register for non-lottery events, or swap seats with other attendees for events you may have gotten in the lottery.
Haven't picked up a badge yet? Go ahead and grab yourself a 4-Day Badge! We also have a Kid's 4-Day Badge option for attendees 10 and under, as well as Banquet Tickets that are sold individually.
If you have questions about the Event Lottery or general questions about the convention, go ahead and ask us on the PaizoCon forums!
You have received this email because your paizo.com account settings allow sending you notifications about updates to your digital assets.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but as I understand it the lottery just closed and the results are now available (?)

Where can I see what events, if any, I got into? I presume it's somewhere in my account but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Steve Geddes wrote:

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but as I understand it the lottery just closed and the results are now available (?)

Where can I see what events, if any, I got into? I presume it's somewhere in my account but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Look on the right side - you'll see a section below the schedule that says:

Your Schedule
(Schedule not currently available)

As soon as everything is picked by the system, your schedule should appear there

How soon that will happen though I don't know. I'm guessing later today ...

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

Hey folks!

The lottery is now closed, but we're still getting a couple ducks in a row before we push the big, scary 'RUN THE LOTTERY' button. It should be relatively soon, but people are finishing up lunches, making any last-minute changes that need to be made, and buffing their appropriate stats.

We'll keep you updated and let you know when it's been run, at which point you should see the schedule on your page. Thanks for your patience!

Shadow Lodge

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

Admit it, you're just checking the "Make sure anybody named Leg 'o Lamb automatically is kicked out of the lottery" algorithm functions properly.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Katina Davis wrote:

Hey folks!

The lottery is now closed, but we're still getting a couple ducks in a row before we push the big, scary 'RUN THE LOTTERY' button. It should be relatively soon, but people are finishing up lunches, making any last-minute changes that need to be made, and buffing their appropriate stats.

We'll keep you updated and let you know when it's been run, at which point you should see the schedule on your page. Thanks for your patience!

Crossing my fingers that the run comes soon. I cast heroism on my selections right before the lottery closed and I hope the duration doesn't expire before the "Run" button is pressed.

Grand Lodge

Uh wait a sec -- in the email copy/paste that Grumpus so kindly posted, it is ambiguous whether the 'Auntie Lisa's Story Time' event is Lottery or not. I'm mostly certain it is not a lottery pick -- I know I didn't select it. I thought it was a seminar open to everyone. It is my highest priority as I'm a Grognard that Loves grognard stories. In the email about lottery events and the lottery closing, it's listed as an event -- but it's unclear if it's a lottery event or a seminar open to everyone.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
W E Ray wrote:
Uh wait a sec -- in the email copy/paste that Grumpus so kindly posted, it is ambiguous whether the 'Auntie Lisa's Story Time' event is Lottery or not. I'm mostly certain it is not a lottery pick -- I know I didn't select it. I thought it was a seminar open to everyone. It is my highest priority as I'm a Grognard that Loves grognard stories. In the email about lottery events and the lottery closing, it's listed as an event -- but it's unclear if it's a lottery event or a seminar open to everyone.

Last year it was open to all (and the seminars generally have some spare seats anyhow).

Definitely worth attending. It was one of the highlights for me last year.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
MisterSlanky wrote:
Admit it, you're just checking the "Make sure anybody named Leg 'o Lamb automatically is kicked out of the lottery" algorithm functions properly.

I eagerly anticipate winning zero lotto events this year. Just like every year. For five years.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Marc Radle wrote:
Steve Geddes wrote:

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but as I understand it the lottery just closed and the results are now available (?)

Where can I see what events, if any, I got into? I presume it's somewhere in my account but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Look on the right side

On the right side of where? Should I have a schedule page somewhere on "my account"?

Under "Paizocon" I see a bullet point:

"• You have no requests for you to participate in an event."

Is that where it will show up (at some point. I'm not really stressed about the timeline, I just don't know where to look).

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Steve Geddes wrote:
Marc Radle wrote:
Steve Geddes wrote:

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but as I understand it the lottery just closed and the results are now available (?)

Where can I see what events, if any, I got into? I presume it's somewhere in my account but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Look on the right side

On the right side of where? Should I have a schedule page somewhere on "my account"?

Under "Paizocon" I see a bullet point:

"• You have no requests for you to participate in an event."

Is that where it will show up (at some point. I'm not really stressed about the timeline, I just don't know where to look).

Oop, sorry! I should have been more clear. It'll be on the Events main page: http://paizo.com/paizocon/events

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
Steve Geddes wrote:

On the right side of where? Should I have a schedule page somewhere on "my account"?

Under "Paizocon" I see a bullet point:

"• You have no requests for you to participate in an event."

Is that where it will show up (at some point. I'm not really stressed about the timeline, I just don't know where to look).

Click the PaizoCon 2017 logo.

Click the "Events" button.

Look on the right side of the page. First there will be an "Important Dates" section, then a "Your Schedule" section.

Here's the link


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Oh I see, thanks Katrina.

When the dust settles will my schedule show up in my account? Or will I always access it from the events page? (No big deal, of course, I'm just in the habit of going to my account to find everything).


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
MisterSlanky wrote:
Steve Geddes wrote:

On the right side of where? Should I have a schedule page somewhere on "my account"?

Under "Paizocon" I see a bullet point:

"• You have no requests for you to participate in an event."

Is that where it will show up (at some point. I'm not really stressed about the timeline, I just don't know where to look).

Click the PaizoCon 2017 logo.

Click the "Events" button.

Look on the right side of the page. First there will be an "Important Dates" section, then a "Your Schedule" section.

Here's the link

Thanks. I didn't realise it was found from the communal section of the boards.

Appreciate the directions.

Grand Lodge

Leg o' Lamb wrote:
MisterSlanky wrote:
Admit it, you're just checking the "Make sure anybody named Leg 'o Lamb automatically is kicked out of the lottery" algorithm functions properly.
I eagerly anticipate winning zero lotto events this year. Just like every year. For five years.

How many do you sign up for?

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
RyanH wrote:
How many to you sign up for?

I would strongly suggest you avoid poking this bear.

Grand Lodge

Slinks away...


Leg o' Lamb wrote:
MisterSlanky wrote:
Admit it, you're just checking the "Make sure anybody named Leg 'o Lamb automatically is kicked out of the lottery" algorithm functions properly.
I eagerly anticipate winning zero lotto events this year. Just like every year. For five years.

You and Slanky need to let me know if you're running any sessions... will make them a priority and am assuming I won't get any lotto wins. I have to fly out early on Mon and need some vacation time later in the day with the lady and brother-in-law on Sun, but I plan on cramming Fri/Sat to the brim. Shenanigans shall ensue.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

So.

It appears that I really made the lottery email quite confusing and it wasn't caught by either myself or the other two folks looking over it. I apologize very much for this error and confusion, panic and mayhem that it caused.

Reminder Email wrote:

The window for the Event Lottery selections will close on Wednesday, Thursday, May 11 at 12:00 PM Pacific time. So, if you're coming to PaizoCon and haven't put in your selections yet, or you're still on the fence about attending, you'll want to register soon!

The PaizoCon Event Lottery results will be available on Thursday, May 11 at 12:00 PM Pacific time. This is also when Open Registration and Event Trading begins, so you'll be able to register for non-lottery events, or swap seats with other attendees for events you may have gotten in the lottery.

That should have read: The PaizoCon Event Lottery results will be available on Friday, May 12 at 10:00 AM Pacific time.

We are trying to see if we can have the lottery results up before the Open Registration begins, but it appears that pushing those live is dependent on registration starting.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

8 people marked this as a favorite.

Just checked in with Erik Keith and the lottery results being visible are directly tied to the time open registration begins. We did run it and are verifying the results to ensure it worked as intended. (It may be horribly broken though as it appears Leg o' Lamb has made it into a lottery event).


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

He probably hacked the system.

Paizo Employee Software Test Engineer

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sorry about that everyone, I let something terrible through.

Normally lottery events become publicly visible when we finish running the lottery. This time around they uhh... won't populate until Open Event Signup becomes available.

I was staring too much at the end results of the lottery ensuring things would work out correctly at the end that I didn't realize there was a one day time frame where this wasn't displaying as it should. If you see Valeros at the con please feel free to remind him that he really is the worst iconic.


:(


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Erik Keith wrote:
If you see Valeros at the con please feel free to remind him that he really is the worst iconic.

Did something happen to Harsk?


So, this means we have essentially NO time in which to look at our schedules, such as they may turn out to be, before we need to begin the mad scramble to fill our empty time blocks with events that still have open seats, which in the past two years have become predominantly nonexistent within the first hour after event signup began. Welcome to yet another boondoggle with the PaizoCon lottery system for signups.

You folks might want to go to a simpler system more like they run at another local convention, Dragonflight, where they limit the preregistration seats in any event to no more than 2/3 or 3/4 of the available seats, and then they post actual physical signup sheets several hours ahead of each time block for people to sign up for the remaining seats. There system never ends up screwed up as bad as the PaizoCon systems have consistently been. Your current system is clearly broken, and you seem unable to actually fix it.


Sara Marie wrote:
It may be horribly broken though as it appears Leg o' Lamb has made it into a lottery event.

Is it 8-99: The Solstice Scar?

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Sara Marie wrote:
Just checked in with Erik Keith and the lottery results being visible are directly tied to the time open registration begins. We did run it and are verifying the results to ensure it worked as intended. (It may be horribly broken though as it appears Leg o' Lamb has made it into a lottery event).

WHAT!?


Leg o' Lamb wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
Just checked in with Erik Keith and the lottery results being visible are directly tied to the time open registration begins. We did run it and are verifying the results to ensure it worked as intended. (It may be horribly broken though as it appears Leg o' Lamb has made it into a lottery event).
WHAT!?

It's probably just Cosmo's game.

Grand Lodge

I'm becoming more and more concerned.

The non-lottery events typically fill up an hour or so after they become open? Are you kidding me?

That's a pretty big problem considering the lottery results are being revealed simultaneously. What's going on?

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
DJ Cheezy-Churl wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
It may be horribly broken though as it appears Leg o' Lamb has made it into a lottery event.
Is it 8-99: The Solstice Scar?

Can't be. That is the one scenario I am running.

The Exchange

Pirate Rob wrote:
Leg o' Lamb wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
Just checked in with Erik Keith and the lottery results being visible are directly tied to the time open registration begins. We did run it and are verifying the results to ensure it worked as intended. (It may be horribly broken though as it appears Leg o' Lamb has made it into a lottery event).
WHAT!?
It's probably just Cosmo's game.

It was a lot of work figuring out how to assign a score of -1 to Cosmo's game. The system may not have been set up to accept it, but it was worth the hassle to avoid that risk.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Starfinder Superscriber

Non-lottery games don't all fill up in an hour.

My experience is that PFS games tend to keep slots open.

Also, if you get to the con with time open, you can try going to the PFS room. There are often no-shows, and space is available at tables.

There will also be pickup games.

Grand Lodge

Thanks, Rob. I was starting to allow disillusionment creep in to my mind. Remind me to say 'thanks' as my PC, Lanezra whoops up on all your bad guys in "The Green Market" Thursday afternoon! (Speaking of which, it'd be cool to have our DM stop by the Thread I started for our little pre-con PFS event.)

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
Leg o' Lamb wrote:
Quote:
Is it 8-99: The Solstice Scar?
Can't be. That is the one scenario I am running.

Well that explains how you got in then! System isn't broken.

Except for the fact that it is. Not being able to see what we got into until the moment the open enrollment becomes available is pretty unacceptable.

Scarab Sages

Leg o' Lamb wrote:
DJ Cheezy-Churl wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:
It may be horribly broken though as it appears Leg o' Lamb has made it into a lottery event.
Is it 8-99: The Solstice Scar?
Can't be. That is the one scenario I am running.

Perhaps that's how you got into it?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Starfinder Charter Superscriber
MisterSlanky wrote:
Not being able to see what we got into until the moment the open enrollment becomes available is pretty unacceptable.

Spare a moment of sympathy for those of us who live overseas. Open enrollment for me begins at 3 a.m. local time, so I can either stay up late or see what's left in the morning . . .

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
Jhaeman wrote:
MisterSlanky wrote:
Not being able to see what we got into until the moment the open enrollment becomes available is pretty unacceptable.
Spare a moment of sympathy for those of us who live overseas. Open enrollment for me begins at 3 a.m. local time, so I can either stay up late or see what's left in the morning . . .

One of many reasons this is unacceptable (and a damn good one at that).

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Maps, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
MisterSlanky wrote:
Jhaeman wrote:
Spare a moment of sympathy for those of us who live overseas. Open enrollment for me begins at 3 a.m. local time, so I can either stay up late or see what's left in the morning . . .
One of many reasons this is unacceptable (and a damn good one at that).

How is that a reason? No matter when the lottery results are posted, open registration would still occur at 3 a.m. for Jhaeman. I'm not sure how you're connecting those two things.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Erik Keith wrote:
If you see Valeros at the con please feel free to remind him that he really is the worst iconic.

I'll buy him a drink - he stares for hours at a screen so that I get to just click a couple of buttons and have it work.

Thanks. :)

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
TomParker wrote:
MisterSlanky wrote:
Jhaeman wrote:
Spare a moment of sympathy for those of us who live overseas. Open enrollment for me begins at 3 a.m. local time, so I can either stay up late or see what's left in the morning . . .
One of many reasons this is unacceptable (and a damn good one at that).
How is that a reason? No matter when the lottery results are posted, open registration would still occur at 3 a.m. for Jhaeman. I'm not sure how you're connecting those two things.

Its easier to justify stay up late when you know your scedule and know what games you want to play, because you'll be done in a few minutes and then can go to bed.

Instead you have to figure everything out in the middle of the night which might not be such a good idea.


Jhaeman wrote:
MisterSlanky wrote:
Not being able to see what we got into until the moment the open enrollment becomes available is pretty unacceptable.
Spare a moment of sympathy for those of us who live overseas. Open enrollment for me begins at 3 a.m. local time, so I can either stay up late or see what's left in the morning . . .

Kinda why I am hoping my 18 month old needs a cuddle and bottle about then.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Erik Keith wrote:

Sorry about that everyone, I let something terrible through.

Normally lottery events become publicly visible when we finish running the lottery. This time around they uhh... won't populate until Open Event Signup becomes available.

I was staring too much at the end results of the lottery ensuring things would work out correctly at the end that I didn't realize there was a one day time frame where this wasn't displaying as it should. If you see Valeros at the con please feel free to remind him that he really is the worst iconic.

Erik --

Are you breaking Paizo protocol here? I thought we were supposed to blame Cosmo for such things.

Hmm

Grand Lodge

....And now the Events Page won't let me truncate my search for events. I want to only view PFS events and it gives me everything.

51 to 100 of 146 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / PaizoCon / General Discussion / PaizoCon Event Schedule All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.