Starfinder Iconic Characters Revealed!


General Discussion

Creative Director, Starfinder Team

13 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm just going to leave this here...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/04/07/exclusive-first-l ook-at-starfinder-iconic-characters.aspx

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I was just running over here to make a post myself. Love them! Can't wait for the intro blogs to start!

Please note that the lashunta technomancer is sporting a complete set of clothes.

EDIT: I wish we could see Keskodai better...


Raia looks outstanding!

Creative Director, Starfinder Team

Just a note that we'll be revealing all of them in full detail (with backstories) in due time. This is just a preview. :D


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Just don't look at their feet.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I like the Lashunta ^w^


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Oh. My. Glob.

If somebody doesn't cryofreeze me soon, I'm not going to make it to August.


Nice image!

So the Solarion is carrying one or two back up weapons and a suit of armor to go along with the weapons and armor their class provides... interesting.

Are those the death star plans i see on Raia's hip? :P

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Keskodai seems to worship Pharasma, which makes me happy. I now have high hopes for lots of characters with holy symbols floating about their heads.


Neat! I'm looking forward to more info.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Well, I'm excited.

(Clearly.)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Dangit! Alias-ninja'd!

In space, no one can hear me say "Well played... well... played..."


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Now someone get me a better avatar. This one is highly improper.

But so retro!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Is that a Shirren grub on Keskodai's hip?


You can certainly do Guardians of the Galaxy seriously with this RPG. All of the tropes are there.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Excellent! Can't wait for backstories. =)


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Shisumo wrote:

I was just running over here to make a post myself. Love them! Can't wait for the intro blogs to start!

Please note that the lashunta technomancer is sporting a complete set of clothes.

EDIT: I wish we could see Keskodai better...

Is she though? Is the green on her legs skin or leggings?


2ndGenerationCleric wrote:
Shisumo wrote:

I was just running over here to make a post myself. Love them! Can't wait for the intro blogs to start!

Please note that the lashunta technomancer is sporting a complete set of clothes.

EDIT: I wish we could see Keskodai better...

Is she though? Is the green on her legs skin or leggings?

I assumed leggings, because of the color of the bared midriff a few inches higher.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
2ndGenerationCleric wrote:
Shisumo wrote:

I was just running over here to make a post myself. Love them! Can't wait for the intro blogs to start!

Please note that the lashunta technomancer is sporting a complete set of clothes.

EDIT: I wish we could see Keskodai better...

Is she though? Is the green on her legs skin or leggings?

I'm pretty sure those are tights under the booty shorts, but so long as an exposed belly button is included in a complete set of clothes, I'll die a happy nerd.

Speaking seriously, I think Navasi's outfit is more sci-fi functional than Raia's. It looks like Navasi's wearing an unsealed vacc suit, which can be sealed and helmeted at a moment's notice in case of hull breach. That screams sic-fi realism at me.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Hitdice wrote:
2ndGenerationCleric wrote:
Shisumo wrote:

I was just running over here to make a post myself. Love them! Can't wait for the intro blogs to start!

Please note that the lashunta technomancer is sporting a complete set of clothes.

EDIT: I wish we could see Keskodai better...

Is she though? Is the green on her legs skin or leggings?

I'm pretty sure those are tights under the booty shorts, but so long as an exposed belly button is included in a complete set of clothes, I'll die a happy nerd.

Speaking seriously, I think Navasi's outfit is more sci-fi functional than Raia's. It looks like Navasi's wearing an unsealed vacc suit, which can be sealed and helmeted at a moment's notice in case of hull breach. That screams sic-fi realism at me.

Well, to be clear, I'm talking about relative to the previous standard.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Look... it was a weird time for everyone.

I wonder if modify memory is even a spell anymore.


Shisumo wrote:
Hitdice wrote:
2ndGenerationCleric wrote:
Shisumo wrote:

I was just running over here to make a post myself. Love them! Can't wait for the intro blogs to start!

Please note that the lashunta technomancer is sporting a complete set of clothes.

EDIT: I wish we could see Keskodai better...

Is she though? Is the green on her legs skin or leggings?

I'm pretty sure those are tights under the booty shorts, but so long as an exposed belly button is included in a complete set of clothes, I'll die a happy nerd.

Speaking seriously, I think Navasi's outfit is more sci-fi functional than Raia's. It looks like Navasi's wearing an unsealed vacc suit, which can be sealed and helmeted at a moment's notice in case of hull breach. That screams sic-fi realism at me.

Well, to be clear, I'm talking about relative to the previous standard.

Well, jeez, if you'd told me that a complete set of clothes could include no top whatsoever and the barest minimum of square inches physically required to qualify as bottoms, I would have said--

Y'know, it's Friday afternoon in my timezone, and I've been drinking after work, so I'm going to stop posting before I embarrass myself anymore than I have already.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

More and more interested in Solarions.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

So, is it just me, or does the Solarian description kind of remind you of Incarnum?

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 8

1 person marked this as a favorite.

<3


I'm absolutely dying to hear more about this game. I hope the reveals with their backstories have a decent chunk of lore for us to read!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

A Pharasma-worshiping Shirren.
A dynamite-carrying, flamethrower-toting Ysoki.
A Kasatha loaded for bear.
A Lashunta striking a balance between "if you got it, flaunt it" and "clothes make carrying gear easier."
A collected, cool, Android who rejects the biological concept of sex and the sociological construct of gender.
A big ol' Vesk with a big ol' gun.
A Human with a definite aesthetic sense she's trying to convey.

I love'em already.

EDIT: I am given to wonder, is the Vesk's backback pop-up ALSO a holy symbol? It's apparently a display of some kind or another,since it's on while the character's pose indicates a relaxed moment.

...

The hype is real.


Cole Deschain wrote:

A Pharasma-worshiping Shirren.

A dynamite-carrying, flamethrower-toting Ysoki.
A Kasatha loaded for bear.
A Lashunta striking a balance between "if you got it, flaunt it" and "clothes make carrying gear easier."
A collected, cool, Android who rejects the biological concept of sex and the sociological construct of gender.
A big ol' Vesk with a big ol' gun.
A Human with a definite aesthetic sense she's trying to convey.

I love'em already.

EDIT: I am given to wonder, is the Vesk's backback pop-up ALSO a holy symbol? It's apparently a display of some kind or another,since it's on while the character's pose indicates a relaxed moment.

...

The hype is real.

Oh yeah. Going to need more detail on that backpack.


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Umbral Reaver wrote:
Just don't look at their feet.

What's with the nail between Quig and Navasi?

Nitpicking aside, this is awesome. Makes me want to play Raia. Completely BA.


Quote:
Iseph (android operative): Androids are artificial people, and operatives use stealth and skill to get in and out of dangerous situations.

Hmm? Could an android transfer their brains to a body that looks more human or that looks like someone in particular so they can impersonate that person? He is an operative, sounds like secret agent! If an android wanted to be a very good secret agent, he could have a collection of different bodies he could insert his brain in so he can pretend to be a number of different people and steal all sorts of stuff. Does that sound right?


Tom Kalbfus wrote:
Quote:
Iseph (android operative): Androids are artificial people, and operatives use stealth and skill to get in and out of dangerous situations.
Hmm? Could an android transfer their brains to a body that looks more human or that looks like someone in particular so they can impersonate that person? He is an operative, sounds like secret agent! If an android wanted to be a very good secret agent, he could have a collection of different bodies he could insert his brain in so he can pretend to be a number of different people and steal all sorts of stuff. Does that sound right?

It would be cheaper in resources, and more of an advantage, if Iseph or another android operative used nanotechnology in order to look like someone else.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Shisumo wrote:
Hitdice wrote:
2ndGenerationCleric wrote:
Shisumo wrote:

I was just running over here to make a post myself. Love them! Can't wait for the intro blogs to start!

Please note that the lashunta technomancer is sporting a complete set of clothes.

EDIT: I wish we could see Keskodai better...

Is she though? Is the green on her legs skin or leggings?

I'm pretty sure those are tights under the booty shorts, but so long as an exposed belly button is included in a complete set of clothes, I'll die a happy nerd.

Speaking seriously, I think Navasi's outfit is more sci-fi functional than Raia's. It looks like Navasi's wearing an unsealed vacc suit, which can be sealed and helmeted at a moment's notice in case of hull breach. That screams sic-fi realism at me.

Well, to be clear, I'm talking about relative to the previous standard.

To be fair -- there are a few isolated peoples on present day earth who wear similar "outfits". Maybe the Lashunta beast riders are as removed from the Lashunta of the Starfinder setting as isolated tribes living in tropical jungles are from us?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I think the HUGE thing that most people missed when they read this was "Mechanics can pick a robot or embedded AI"

That's right folks, you can either get R2D2 or Cortanna.

If there isn't a "Power Suit with a JARVIS/FRIDAY" Archetype at some point, I will be sad.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
thecursor wrote:

I think the HUGE thing that most people missed when they read this was "Mechanics can pick a robot or embedded AI"

That's right folks, you can either get R2D2 or Cortanna.

If there isn't a "Power Suit with a JARVIS/FRIDAY" Archetype at some point, I will be sad.

I would brace for sad with a slim chance of super-happy. Archetypes are now for all classes (or all casting classes), so no class-specific archetypes. Slim chance of super-happy is every class getting a power suit archetype, and mechanics get JARVIS/FRIDAY.

That said, power suit sounds like the sort of thing available just for being high-level and rich.


Pathfinder Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Cole Deschain wrote:

EDIT: I am given to wonder, is the Vesk's backback pop-up ALSO a holy symbol? It's apparently a display of some kind or another,since it's on while the character's pose indicates a relaxed moment.

...

The hype is real.

There's a similar 3-lined mark painted on her shoulder-plate, and the vents on that device on the front of her armor have a similar look. Maybe it's some sort of Veskarium insignia? Or perhaps the symbol of Triune, the AI deity?


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Society Subscriber
QuidEst wrote:
thecursor wrote:

I think the HUGE thing that most people missed when they read this was "Mechanics can pick a robot or embedded AI"

That's right folks, you can either get R2D2 or Cortanna.

If there isn't a "Power Suit with a JARVIS/FRIDAY" Archetype at some point, I will be sad.

I would brace for sad with a slim chance of super-happy. Archetypes are now for all classes (or all casting classes), so no class-specific archetypes. Slim chance of super-happy is every class getting a power suit archetype, and mechanics get JARVIS/FRIDAY.

That said, power suit sounds like the sort of thing available just for being high-level and rich.

Ah but the quote was "Some" Archetypes would be available to all classes and some would only be available for a few classes at once and etc. So a Mechanic/Soldier/Operative Archetype with a power armor focus, a Space Magic Archetype for Technomancers/Solarions/Mystics, etc. I also get the sense that the "Pilot/Captain" Archetypes are going to be the broadest available archetypes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
thecursor wrote:
QuidEst wrote:
thecursor wrote:

I think the HUGE thing that most people missed when they read this was "Mechanics can pick a robot or embedded AI"

That's right folks, you can either get R2D2 or Cortanna.

If there isn't a "Power Suit with a JARVIS/FRIDAY" Archetype at some point, I will be sad.

I would brace for sad with a slim chance of super-happy. Archetypes are now for all classes (or all casting classes), so no class-specific archetypes. Slim chance of super-happy is every class getting a power suit archetype, and mechanics get JARVIS/FRIDAY.

That said, power suit sounds like the sort of thing available just for being high-level and rich.

Ah but the quote was "Some" Archetypes would be available to all classes and some would only be available for a few classes at once and etc. So a Mechanic/Soldier/Operative Archetype with a power armor focus, a Space Magic Archetype for Technomancers/Solarions/Mystics, etc. I also get the sense that the "Pilot/Captain" Archetypes are going to be the broadest available archetypes.

Actually, the quote was this:

Q: Will Starfinder have archetypes?

JK: We are doing something different and new with archetypes. Owen here put this idea in his brain and crunched it around and came out with this exciting system where, there will be archetypes, they will technically be for all classes. They'll be generalized archetypes, and we'll say, oh, if you're taking this archetype and you're playing an Envoy, you'll be replacing these things at 2nd level, 6th level, whatever. And then the archetype will say specifically what you get at 2nd and 6th and whatever and so forth. So some of them will be restricted, maybe there'll be a spellcasting-only archetype, but for the most part they will be sort of generalized and you'll be replacing the same things for every archetype. So unlike in Pathfinder where an archetype for one class might replace three things and an archetype for some other class might replace three other things, this will be a sort of, archetypes will always be replacing things at X/Y/Z level. Some archetypes might not replace them, some do, some might replace more things. It's a very interesting concept. We'll have 1 in the Core Rulebook and we look forward to making more of them.

AHK: So because archetypes have become a little more generalized, we wanted to give people customizable options for their characters that are similar to the way archetypes work in Pathfinder. And the way that we've done that is we have what we call Themes. So you have a list of different types of themes, archetypes for what your character is or does or what their occupation is or something about their background. There's a big list of things to choose from. It's sort of a way to use your character's background and storytelling to get some mechanical benefits for that character. So if you have a character that's an outlaw, you're going to get something at 1st level, usually something that's about knowing about something, so in an outlaw's case it's knowing about clandestine things and black markets and sneaky things and stuff like that, and as you advance in level you're getting additional mechanical benefits and abilities that reinforce this idea that your character has done a thing in the past or comes from a type of background. So you'll be able to pick the umbrella and choose different options.

JK: And in that way themes are essentially sort of replacing traits. Something you pick basically as you make your character and then but give you benefits as you continue on.

RM: But unlike archetypes, your themes don't replace class features. Archetypes will still replace class features.


thecursor wrote:
QuidEst wrote:
thecursor wrote:

I think the HUGE thing that most people missed when they read this was "Mechanics can pick a robot or embedded AI"

That's right folks, you can either get R2D2 or Cortanna.

If there isn't a "Power Suit with a JARVIS/FRIDAY" Archetype at some point, I will be sad.

I would brace for sad with a slim chance of super-happy. Archetypes are now for all classes (or all casting classes), so no class-specific archetypes. Slim chance of super-happy is every class getting a power suit archetype, and mechanics get JARVIS/FRIDAY.

That said, power suit sounds like the sort of thing available just for being high-level and rich.

Ah but the quote was "Some" Archetypes would be available to all classes and some would only be available for a few classes at once and etc. So a Mechanic/Soldier/Operative Archetype with a power armor focus, a Space Magic Archetype for Technomancers/Solarions/Mystics, etc. I also get the sense that the "Pilot/Captain" Archetypes are going to be the broadest available archetypes.

If I recall correctly, they said the core rules would have only 1 archetype.

Community / Forums / Starfinder / Starfinder General Discussion / Starfinder Iconic Characters Revealed! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Starfinder General Discussion