Came here to say this.


Off-Topic Discussions

1,401 to 1,450 of 3,716 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

captain yesterday wrote:
Kileanna wrote:
One of the things I dislike about Vampire is that it encourages backstabbing. It can be fun but in the end it causes resentment among players. I like my players to act as a team so I don't like that kind of game. I don't enjoy either betraying my own friends, even if it's just a game. That's why I ended liking Mage and Werewolf much better. And I usually played Sabbat instead of Camarilla when playing Vampire, as the rituals kept the party united.
I meant literally. :-)

Damn, Cap'n. That is really messed up. Have any of those morons been arrested?


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Probably, for something.

That was over twenty years ago.

I prefer not to keep track of people that try to eat me. :-)


Oo
Some people are really messed up!
I thought you meant their characters did, not the players!


Understandable. If such a thing had happened to me, I'd be plotting all sorts of mischief, because "payback's a b**ch."


Kileanna wrote:
One of the things I dislike about Vampire is that it encourages backstabbing. It can be fun but in the end it causes resentment among players. I like my players to act as a team so I don't like that kind of game. I don't enjoy either betraying my own friends, even if it's just a game. That's why I ended liking Mage and Werewolf much better. And I usually played Sabbat instead of Camarilla when playing Vampire, as the rituals kept the party united.

While, I agree completely about about your thoughts on the Storyteller games, I must confess I kind of have a soft spot, for Vampire and the backstabbing.

I mean its never fun if anyone actually gets their feelings hurt, while playing any games, but if people are up for it and can laugh off the eventual betrayal, as all in good fun, I'm still always up for a Vampire game (especially if its Dark ages). In other words, its a game for people with a sadistic itch, like me, that occasionally needs a scratch ^^ .

Actually I have a particular Dark ages chronicle in which I committed, what I consider to this day, the finest act of in-game betrayal I have ever done, but that at story for 'players do the darnest things' I think.


captain yesterday wrote:

I tried playing Vampire, once.

It ended with the other people on PcP chasing me through the woods and people's yards because they wanted to eat me.

I stopped hanging out with them shortly thereafter.

Otherwise I played a lot of Robotech and TMNT RPG and a wee bit of Rifts.

Wut! 0_0

It that happened here in super-safe land, it would be plastered all over the front pages, of the national newspapers.


Kjeldorn wrote:
Kileanna wrote:
One of the things I dislike about Vampire is that it encourages backstabbing. It can be fun but in the end it causes resentment among players. I like my players to act as a team so I don't like that kind of game. I don't enjoy either betraying my own friends, even if it's just a game. That's why I ended liking Mage and Werewolf much better. And I usually played Sabbat instead of Camarilla when playing Vampire, as the rituals kept the party united.

While, I agree completely about about your thoughts on the Storyteller games, I must confess I kind of have a soft spot, for Vampire and the backstabbing.

I mean its never fun if anyone actually gets their feelings hurt, while playing any games, but if people are up for it and can laugh off the eventual betrayal, as all in good fun, I'm still always up for a Vampire game (especially if its Dark ages). In other words, its a game for people with a sadistic itch, like me, that occasionally needs a scratch ^^ .

Actually I have a particular Dark ages chronicle in which I committed, what I consider to this day, the finest act of in-game betrayal I have ever done, but that at story for 'players do the darnest things' I think.

I'd love to hear it!

I've also made 2 epic betrayals in a couple Vampire games, one at Dark Ages and another one at modern age. The first time I was playing a Setite sorceress who looked like a Catholic nun and who caused a Tremere PC to go insane and jump off a ship. The second one was with a Toreador Harpy who got the whole town invaded by the Sabbat and a lot of fellow kindred dead. Just because she didn't like the Tremere prince.

I had fun on that games and nobody got hurt feelings or something, but since then other players have hated me a bit for being able to plot against them and outwit them. They are very active and obvious players. I am the kind who keeps out of sight doing subtle manipulations to get things my way and having them doing what I want them to do while I stay out of sight not revealing my cards. So they don't usually see me coming.

Then they congratulate me for my evil plotting but they are in fact a bit pissed because I trolled them and I start thinking I should have let them have their win. I feel guilty because I can play evil plotters but I am not an evil plotter myself.

So now I'd rather play cooperative games rather than backstabbing games. I'm too good at them compared to my straightforward friends and that is not good xD

Edit: I don't even know if I'm making sense right now. I'm already half asleep. Good night!


Oh night night then and sleep well ^^ .

I think, I will be heading to bed too, so good night everyone.


captain yesterday wrote:

I tried playing Vampire, once.

It ended with the other people on PcP chasing me through the woods and people's yards because they wanted to eat me.

I stopped hanging out with them shortly thereafter.

Otherwise I played a lot of Robotech and TMNT RPG and a wee bit of Rifts.

I had a friend that did LARP vampire, I started her on the table top version. I sometimes thought LARP looked fun, but other times I thought it would end up like your experience. Some things that are described in a game would make me too uncomfortable if someone was acting it out near me. So I never did a LARP game. Of course you said they were not playing, so that is more of a crime than a playing style. Crazy


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Good night Kileanna, Kjeldorn, Limey, and Sissyl. :)


This is the reason why I will never do LARPS. LARPing with dark-themed backgrounds seem to draw out the psychopaths and sociopaths. The second one of those nutcases tried something, I'd have gone Special Forces on their sorry @$$es.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Wasn't LARP. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You mean it was a tabletop game? Even worse.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Tried that meatball recipe tonight. As predicted the kidlet loved it. :)


lynora wrote:
Tried that meatball recipe tonight. As predicted the kidlet loved it. :)

That's great! I also use the sausage meatballs on rice and in chili. Of course, it's great for snacking all by itself.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

We had leftover meatballs, so we combined them with some mac n cheese. :-)

Fresh strawberries for dessert. :-)


Here's the site where I downloaded my laptop's screensaver. It's a 3D tunnel through Hyperspace. I can sit and watch it for hours. Enjoy. :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I combine spicy Italian sausage with ground beef for my meatballs. Spices, onion, egg, crumbs and parmesan go into them. I don't have a recipe, I just eyeball the amounts. It's one of the very few things I learned to cook growing up. I know how to cook other things, but this is the only one I can say I learned via apprenticeship with my mother.

I miss having roommates a little bit, it was an excuse to cook more often.


If I had to cook just for myself I'd be such a lazy cook!


Good Morning, Kileanna.


Good evening or whatever time of the day it's there... Uhm... about 1.30 AM, maybe?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I would actually be the about the same if I only cooked for myself.

Maybe my fifteen years of professional cooking have something to do with it. :-)


On the east coast it's 130 AM.

I'm contemplating making some home-made spaghetti sauce this Sunday. I'm considering experimenting with hot peppers in the sauce. I'll like make some meatballs as well.


captain yesterday wrote:

I would actually be the about the same if I only cooked for myself.

Maybe my fifteen years of professional cooking have something to do with it. :-)

My 32 years of lazyness beat your 15 years as a cook xD

I don't think I'd be able to cook nothing too elaborate today. I have to take my cousin's dog to the vet and I'm probably spending all the morning there. The poor Lola has cancer >_<


Kileanna wrote:
Good evening or whatever time of the day it's there... Uhm... about 1.30 AM, maybe?

Yeah. Winding down to go to sleep soon.


Sorry to hear about Lola.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Honestly I wouldn't like to have a french bulldog because they have so many health issues because of inbreeding. I don't know Lola a lot but I already feel so sorry for her. If it happened to my dog I would have a very bad time (I don't have a dog now but I'd like to).

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

*offers hugs*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sorry to hear about Lola. I love french bulldogs, but unscrupulous breeders have really given them a lot of problems. I have a Boston Terrier, which were derived from French Bulldog stock, and have a few issues of their own. I am very fortunate my Wilbur is still going strong at 11 years.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kileanna wrote:
Honestly I wouldn't like to have a french bulldog because they have so many health issues because of inbreeding. I don't know Lola a lot but I already feel so sorry for her. If it happened to my dog I would have a very bad time (I don't have a dog now but I'd like to).

Yea sorry about Lola, cancer is a hard diagnosis to get handed, when it given to a pet that's dear to ones heart.


He's very handsome!!!

Lola is very cute and peaceful. She's just 4 years old and the vets said she'd live about 2 months. But she's not feeling pain and she is happy and full of energy. So at least she won't suffer.
She has been diagnosed with lymphoma and she has her spleen and liver affected now.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Sorry to hear about your cousin's puppy, it's always terrible when our family members have to go through that. :-(


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sorry to hear about Lola having cancer, but it is good to hear she is not suffering.


I'm now a bit worried for my aunt as she has schizophrenia and Lola has been so good for her. She is a very caring person and after her 3 daughters became adults she has always longed for someone to care. Lola has filled that hole on her life. So I hope she is OK after Lola is gone.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My kids school is celebrating Sinco Demio, so each family is making something for the students to eat. The teacher sent home a recipe. My wife is working on it today. It uses pizza dough, green olives, ham, and few other ingredients. It does not have a sauce or cheese. My wife asked for something without peppers due to her allergy. It should be interesting.

We do not use dough of any kind very often. My wife found a recipe a while back for pizza crust that uses mozzarella cheese, egg, butter, and garlic that is pretty good. No wheat so no gluten. It taste like a heavy cheese bread.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kileanna wrote:
I'm now a bit worried for my aunt as she has schizophrenia and Lola has been so good for her. She is a very caring person and after her 3 daughters became adults she has always longed for someone to care. Lola has filled that hole on her life. So I hope she is OK after Lola is gone.

It is hard loosing a pet that is part of the family. Does anyone visit your aunt regularly?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Crag_Irons wrote:
We do not use dough of any kind very often. My wife found a recipe a while back for pizza crust that uses mozzarella cheese, egg, butter, and garlic that is pretty good. No wheat so no gluten. It taste like a heavy cheese bread.

I'm may not be right, but I am fairly certain that any combination of those ingredients is going to taste fantastic...


Kileanna wrote:
I'm now a bit worried for my aunt as she has schizophrenia and Lola has been so good for her. She is a very caring person and after her 3 daughters became adults she has always longed for someone to care. Lola has filled that hole on her life. So I hope she is OK after Lola is gone.

Poor aunt, the therapeutic effects of animals, in the lives of people suffering from a wide range of mental issues, from stress to depression to anxiety, is enormous. It's really hard to express how much, the almost unconditional love, animal give to their owners can mean for their quality of life, especially if their owners are burdened by suffering on a daily basis.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*wipes bleary eyes* 'Morning everyone.


Crag_Irons wrote:
Kileanna wrote:
I'm now a bit worried for my aunt as she has schizophrenia and Lola has been so good for her. She is a very caring person and after her 3 daughters became adults she has always longed for someone to care. Lola has filled that hole on her life. So I hope she is OK after Lola is gone.
It is hard loosing a pet that is part of the family. Does anyone visit your aunt regularly?

She lives with her daughters and I see her regularly. We lost some contact with many people from the family because they were the family version of a disruptive player at a game xD


Well, that sucks. Were they self-centered, or did they take pleasure in behaving that way?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Self centered I guess. They thought that we should live our lives as they wanted to.
I spent 8 years of my life caring for my grandparents, in their last years I gave up my own life just to care for them, that is why I quit roleplaying for some time. I couldn't have a real job either. I lost so many weight that I almost ended at the hospital. And when my parents were gone, after so many years being used by my own family, surrounded by their negativity, letting them mistreat me and abuse me psychologically, when I was useless for them because my grandparents were no longer there, I was kicked out of my own house (my grandparents house).
I let them take advantage of me because of my grandparents, because I wanted to be with them and care for them. But now I don't want to have anything with that part of my family. And I am not the only one. I have some aunts and uncles who think just the same as me.

They are not bad people, they just want to control everything. They never realized how much they were hurting me.

Now I am free and happy, but I still carry sequels. I still think a lot of times that I am worthless and good for nothing because that's what I've been told so many years. I am so afraid of not doing well and of people hating me because they made me believe I was a bad person if I wanted to think or act by my own.

Sorry for the speech. I just had to spit it out.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Game Hamster wrote:
Crag_Irons wrote:
We do not use dough of any kind very often. My wife found a recipe a while back for pizza crust that uses mozzarella cheese, egg, butter, and garlic that is pretty good. No wheat so no gluten. It taste like a heavy cheese bread.
I'm may not be right, but I am fairly certain that any combination of those ingredients is going to taste fantastic...

It is called Fathead Pizza Crust. I forgot about the almond (or coconut) flour. The recipe is all over the net if you want to look for it. It is good and more filling that regular pizza crust.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kileanna wrote:

Self centered I guess. They thought that we should live our lives as they wanted to.

I spent 8 years of my life caring for my grandparents, in their last years I gave up my own life just to care for them, that is why I quit roleplaying for some time. I couldn't have a real job either. I lost so many weight that I almost ended at the hospital. And when my parents were gone, after so many years being used by my own family, surrounded by their negativity, letting them mistreat me and abuse me psychologically, when I was useless for them because my grandparents were no longer there, I was kicked out of my own house (my grandparents house).
I let them take advantage of me because of my grandparents, because I wanted to be with them and care for them. But now I don't want to have anything with that part of my family. And I am not the only one. I have some aunts and uncles who think just the same as me.

They are not bad people, they just want to control everything. They never realized how much they were hurting me.

Now I am free and happy, but I still carry sequels. I still think a lot of times that I am worthless and good for nothing because that's what I've been told so many years. I am so afraid of not doing well and of people hating me because they made me believe I was a bad person if I wanted to think or act by my own.

Sorry for the speech. I just had to spit it out.

That's alright. Go ahead and vent. I'll listen. That's what friends are for.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

It is good to share the things that have hurt you from your past. It is more helpful than keeping it to yourself. It seems that you have processed it well, I can tell by the way you said they are not bad people, they just do not realize what they were doing.

People that desire to control others are normally scared people. They are scared of what others can do to them. They often fear that someone will try to control them, and often someone did try for a while sometime in their past. They try to control others when truly we can only control ourselves; and often self-control is hard.

Sometimes even after you have left a toxic relationship the words they spoke to you can haunt you for a lifetime, but they do not always. Remember you are not the person others say you are. You decide what kind of person you are. You are the only person that gets to decide that in the whole world. You get to decide how to react to other's words and deeds. They can not make you be angry, or kind that is your choice. If you can accept that, then you are a powerful person that can not be controlled by the words, and deeds of others.

I am glad for you that you have moved into a healthier place.


As am I.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Kileanna wrote:

Self centered I guess. They thought that we should live our lives as they wanted to.

I spent 8 years of my life caring for my grandparents, in their last years I gave up my own life just to care for them, that is why I quit roleplaying for some time. I couldn't have a real job either. I lost so many weight that I almost ended at the hospital. And when my parents were gone, after so many years being used by my own family, surrounded by their negativity, letting them mistreat me and abuse me psychologically, when I was useless for them because my grandparents were no longer there, I was kicked out of my own house (my grandparents house).
I let them take advantage of me because of my grandparents, because I wanted to be with them and care for them. But now I don't want to have anything with that part of my family. And I am not the only one. I have some aunts and uncles who think just the same as me.

They are not bad people, they just want to control everything. They never realized how much they were hurting me.

Now I am free and happy, but I still carry sequels. I still think a lot of times that I am worthless and good for nothing because that's what I've been told so many years. I am so afraid of not doing well and of people hating me because they made me believe I was a bad person if I wanted to think or act by my own.

Sorry for the speech. I just had to spit it out.

While family is important, that's no excuse for being domineering, uncaring or downright abusive.

You did the right thing in freeing yourself, from such an oppressive environment and they should be ashamed of themselves, for daring to accuse you of being selfish, for looking out for your health and mental wellbeing. I mean, what were they expecting? For your self-esteem and self-worth to just fade away, so they would have their perfect little will-less drone to commandeer around?
No, your better than that, from every post I seen here, or in other threads, your clearly a sweet, insightful and caring person and to try to extinguish that spark, in you, is nothing less then a crime.

So vent all you want here, for we will listen and give whatever advise, comfort or support we can give. Now I might be a bit of a jokester, and full of frivolous comments and remarks. But things like this, I take extremely serious, as my own family was so full of abuse, that I had to disowned myself of my family, on my fathers side.


Well said, Kjeldorn!


Crag_Irons wrote:
The Game Hamster wrote:
Crag_Irons wrote:
We do not use dough of any kind very often. My wife found a recipe a while back for pizza crust that uses mozzarella cheese, egg, butter, and garlic that is pretty good. No wheat so no gluten. It taste like a heavy cheese bread.
I'm may not be right, but I am fairly certain that any combination of those ingredients is going to taste fantastic...
It is called Fathead Pizza Crust. I forgot about the almond (or coconut) flour. The recipe is all over the net if you want to look for it. It is good and more filling that regular pizza crust.

I wonder if you can use this crust for Stromboli or Calzones.


I saw Alice Cooper in concert last night (brought to you by Today's Non Sequitor).

1,401 to 1,450 of 3,716 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Came here to say this. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.