I want to put loot cards from Rise of the Runelords to Wrath of the Righteous


Homebrew and House Rules


Hi,

We just finished our Rise of the Runelords game and we had a great time playing it, now we moved to Wrath of the Righteous. We decided to add some of the good boon cards like weapons and armor to the WotR since we're playing three 2-handed weapon users.

My question is, on your opinion: When is the best time to include the Loot Cards from RotR, as additional loot to their respective Adventure Number or include them in the box to find randomly? As additional challenges? Has anybody else done something like this, how did you do it?

Thanks!


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

One option that was discussed is using your characters from a completed game of Shackles or Runelords and starting them at deck 4, i believe, of Wrath, right after the portal. You continue that character through Wrath, advancing them more, but you do so without the benefits of the mythic cards or charges.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Rohml wrote:

When is the best time to include the Loot Cards from RotR, as additional loot to their respective Adventure Number or include them in the box to find randomly? As additional challenges? Has anybody else done something like this, how did you do it?

Thanks!

For balance purposes, you should normally include them no earlier than their respective AD#; however, given that you're playing Wrath which scales completely differently than Runelords - you may include them 1 or even 2AD# earlier. That said:

- if you prefer (or your players will be more excited from) a nice surprise - put them with the other cards, so they can be randomly encountered from exploration

- if you prefer to compensate the disappointment from some weaker scenario rewards (the stupid "draw a random card" or those ridiculously useless scales in WotR AD#), or just to allow more players to get an upgrade (it sucks when there's bunch of people playing and you only get 1 card to share at the end of the night) - go ahead and give them away

Finally, it would of course, be extra cool if you actually design some mini-quests for your players, if you're willing to put in the work. Those may or may not be known by the players, depending, again, if you want to surprise them at the end of scenario. Some examples that spring to mind:

- Deathbane Crossbow: defeat 5 undead monsters in 1 game (but don't give it away in scenario where the Henchmen are undead, of course)
- Snakeskin Tunic: defeat or acquire 5 Mongrel cards in a single game
- Medusa Mask: examine the villain as the top card of its deck (not a good condition if you have Alahazra or Adowyn in the party)
- Sihedron Medallion: completely prevent 5 instances of damage
- Impaler of Thorns: defeat 5 Servitor Demons in 1 game
- Mokmurian's Club: defeat a henchman/villain barehanded (without weapons/attack spells)
etc... (of course, you'll have to eyeball the numbers above according to your number of players)

Good luck.

Lone Shark Games

Longshot11 wrote:

Finally, it would of course, be extra cool if you actually design some mini-quests for your players, if you're willing to put in the work. Those may or may not be known by the players, depending, again, if you want to surprise them at the end of scenario. Some examples that spring to mind:

- Deathbane Crossbow: defeat 5 undead monsters in 1 game (but don't give it away in scenario where the Henchmen are undead, of course)
- Snakeskin Tunic: defeat or acquire 5 Mongrel cards in a single game
- Medusa Mask: examine the villain as the top card of its deck (not a good condition if you have Alahazra or Adowyn in the party)
- Sihedron Medallion: completely prevent 5 instances of damage
- Impaler of Thorns: defeat 5 Servitor Demons in 1 game
- Mokmurian's Club: defeat a henchman/villain barehanded (without weapons/attack spells)
etc... (of course, you'll have to eyeball the numbers above according to your number of players

This is a really clever idea. Kind of thing that could easily become a blog post.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Mike Selinker wrote:
Longshot11 wrote:

Finally, it would of course, be extra cool if you actually design some mini-quests for your players, if you're willing to put in the work. Those may or may not be known by the players, depending, again, if you want to surprise them at the end of scenario. Some examples that spring to mind:

- Deathbane Crossbow: defeat 5 undead monsters in 1 game (but don't give it away in scenario where the Henchmen are undead, of course)
- Snakeskin Tunic: defeat or acquire 5 Mongrel cards in a single game
- Medusa Mask: examine the villain as the top card of its deck (not a good condition if you have Alahazra or Adowyn in the party)
- Sihedron Medallion: completely prevent 5 instances of damage
- Impaler of Thorns: defeat 5 Servitor Demons in 1 game
- Mokmurian's Club: defeat a henchman/villain barehanded (without weapons/attack spells)
etc... (of course, you'll have to eyeball the numbers above according to your number of players

This is a really clever idea. Kind of thing that could easily become a blog post.

That to me sounded like "HINT HINT!" WINK NUDGE

LOL


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Already working on a list of side quests for loot. That said, we now have 108 official loot cards (including seasons of...) to deal with so that'll take a while if we want to cover all of them :-)

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Card Game / Homebrew and House Rules / I want to put loot cards from Rise of the Runelords to Wrath of the Righteous All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Homebrew and House Rules